Wighton

Last Laff

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we don't get rid of these players and our new signings don't work out for whatever reason we are in trouble, Terry butcher type trouble. 

It's already a lot worse than Terry Butcher-type trouble, Hibs were about 8th at this stage in the season they were relegated.

Stendel has to roll the dice - there's no other option.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

• redjambo

Wighton back to Dundee is a no brainer for all parties and I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen soon. No ill will to the lad but from the moment he set foot in the door he has looked a player who knew 1 million percent he shouldn't be here. Way out of his league.

Just waiting for wighton to move back to dundee...us to play them in the play off and him to score the winning goal to put us down 😭😂

2 minutes ago, gov said:

Just waiting for wighton to move back to dundee...us to play them in the play off and him to score the winning goal to put us down 😭😂

🤔🧐🙄

19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't believe Damour is on the hit list. I wouldn't expect him to be, despite a poor start, there is undoubtedly a proven player there.

If Stendel as good as most believe him to be, it should not be an issue turning him around with decent coaching, a player who should fit the mantra.

Damour being ditched would be a negative for Stendel imho, lazy perhaps.

Wighton, Mulraney, Uche, all of limited ability, I get that, Berra, too late in the day for him, and Whelan, a large enough wage I'm sure for not very much.

3.5 years on Damours contract, a key cog in a successful side as recently as 18 months ago, it would be negligent and lazy to tear that up so soon.

Damour is a funny one - everyone seemed to speak so highly of him at Cardiff, not only as a player but also as a character in the dressing room. He has shown on occasion that there is a player in there but he hasn't shown it consistently at all. 

He gets robbed too often playing really deep, wonder if he'll end up playing further forward with Irving deeper.

What I do think is telling is that guys like Uche and McLean, who are clearly not talented enough, are still training with the first team and others like Mulraney, Wighton, Berra and Whelan, who are no worse technically, have been punted down to the reserves or released. Smacks of an attitude thing to me.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, E6 Inc said:

Damour is a funny one - everyone seemed to speak so highly of him at Cardiff, not only as a player but also as a character in the dressing room. He has shown on occasion that there is a player in there but he hasn't shown it consistently at all. 

He gets robbed too often playing really deep, wonder if he'll end up playing further forward with Irving deeper.

What I do think is telling is that guys like Uche and McLean, who are clearly not talented enough, are still training with the first team and others like Mulraney, Wighton, Berra and Whelan, who are no worse technically, have been punted down to the reserves or released. Smacks of an attitude thing to me.

think there is a player in there, but it may be another one struggling to cope with the sheer pace and raw grit and determination required to really succeed in the middle of the park up here. How often do we see so called ball players struggle up here then return to the league they previously succeeded in and look the part again

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

I think there are a few people wondering what we're about and have been affected by the sub standards around them. 

Hopefully DS can turn that around and get a huge improvement. 

Think you are correct,  Damour is looking for time on it, but playing faster with better options, I reckon he is more than likely to be able to move it faster 

4 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Get where you are coming from..but we cant punt everyone down to reserves

5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Get where you are coming from..but we cant punt everyone down to reserves

That is both true and rather depressing 😂

"""He got put to us at the start of the season. He's one we're aware of, and one we know very well but he's a Hearts player at the minute."'"

Sounds like Levein tried to offload him last year....

tolcross lad
28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't believe Damour is on the hit list. I wouldn't expect him to be, despite a poor start, there is undoubtedly a proven player there.

If Stendel as good as most believe him to be, it should not be an issue turning him around with decent coaching, a player who should fit the mantra.

Wighton, Mulraney, Uche, all of limited ability, I get that, Berra, too late in the day for him, and Whelan, a large enough wage I'm sure for not very much.

3.5 years on Damours contract, a key cog in a successful side as recently as 18 months ago, it would be negligent and lazy to tear that up so soon.

Whilst I tend to agree with you re Damour and his potential the idea that Stendel would be "lazy" or "negligent" in "ditching him is going a bit far.Stendel is assessing our whole squad in quick time out of necessity.We do not at this stage have the luxury of allowing time for players to maybe come good when a better alternative may be available.

I thought Damour looked sharper when he came on v Aberdeen and then he mishit a clearance to an oncoming Aberdeen player and I stuck him back in the box without closing the lid.He is a tricky one to call but I think he will remain.  

On 08/01/2020 at 08:26, FruitJuice said:

Another levein signing that was about the potential cash in  rather than what he would bring to the first team at the time of joining.  Mulraney, White etc  

He was an exchange for a player(Beith) who who never established himself mainly through injury.

Edited by JamboAl

15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

How do you know we paid £250k for him? We have a range of £50k-£250k on here. 
He will also be paid below the average given his age and where he came from. I’d think £1,500 pw maximum for him. 
Regardless there’s no doubt we made a decent investment in him and it hasn’t paid off. But that’s football. This forum was very positive when we signed him so a good percentage of us believed in the investment. There’s no arguing that injuries have scuppered his 18 months with us and certainly messed with his confidence. 

“there’s no doubt we made a decent investment in him” 😖

He was a total waste of money! There’s every chance we will be giving him back to Dundee for FA!

As for his confidence getting messed by injuries (thought it was the fans to blame for that) from day one before he was out injured he looked timid and fragile and not up to playing for Hearts.

Absolute Scenes
27 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Yeah I agree

he takes too long to play the ball at times, and gets caught out (Hibs second goal as an example)...but I believe there’s a player there and it’s not by chance he just happened to get by in Cardiff’s championship season as one of the starting players. He clearly has talent, he just needs to use his head and not try and be too casual on the ball. Sure Daniel will stamp that out.

for him to succeed here he MUST be consistent. Not every game, but enough to see he’s a keeper 

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Yeah I agree

he takes too long to play the ball at times, and gets caught out (Hibs second goal as an example)...but I believe there’s a player there and it’s not by chance he just happened to get by in Cardiff’s championship season as one of the starting players. He clearly has talent, he just needs to use his head and not try and be too casual on the ball. Sure Daniel will stamp that out.

for him to succeed here he MUST be consistent. Not every game, but enough to see he’s a keeper 

Definitely too wee to be a Keeper😀

Dusk_Till_Dawn
30 minutes ago, Section Q said:

"""He got put to us at the start of the season. He's one we're aware of, and one we know very well but he's a Hearts player at the minute."'"

Sounds like Levein tried to offload him last year....

Absolute comedy

1 hour ago, Darren said:

It's already a lot worse than Terry Butcher-type trouble, Hibs were about 8th at this stage in the season they were relegated.

Stendel has to roll the dice - there's no other option.

Which in some way is good to hear. It means that the teams that were below Hibs, (excluding us with our 15 point deduction) actually climbed above them and survived. It’s not too late to turn this around with 17 games still to play. 

In Stendal we trust! 
HHGH 

59 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Shocking piece of business by CL again,giving him 4yr deal,blame budge for giving the go ahead.

41 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“there’s no doubt we made a decent investment in him” 😖

He was a total waste of money! There’s every chance we will be giving him back to Dundee for FA!

As for his confidence getting messed by injuries (thought it was the fans to blame for that) from day one before he was out injured he looked timid and fragile and not up to playing for Hearts.

Hindsight.

It looks as though we are going to sign one or two new players.

Can you give us a couple of names of players  (within our likely budget) who you can guarantee will nor be a waste of money.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Although to give Damour a 4 year contract was absolute madness by Levein, McPhee & Budge. These 3 should have nothing to do with football as their ability to throw money away is astonishing. Where will all this wasted money be accounted for before FOH take over later this year. No way would the FOH want to be left with millions left on finishing our new stand, fixing our new pitch, sorting out the contracts of players that are just not good enough and have been awarded by incompetent management. The 3 amigos will leave blaming everyone but themselves but it will be the FOH that has to clean up the monies outstanding to fix the mistakes. 
I hope the directors of FOH are strong enough to take over the running of our club and make sure the overspending is identified quickly.

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Hindsight.

Can you give us a couple of names of players  (within our likely budget) who you can guarantee will nor be a waste of money.

More questions JamboAl ! How about you coming out with a few ideas from your obvious wealth of knowledge on the management of a football club.

I was not the one doing the criticising!

Any idiot can be wise after the event.  It's much more difficult to be wise before it.

BTW even (supposed) top managers like Mourinho can waste money (£89m on Pogba) so it's not something exclusive to Hearts.

And repeating the same old shite time after time by the same moaners doesn't improve anything one iota.

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Daft question time. I take it tax would be paid on transfer fees so there would be absolutely no point in inflating the fees on two players going between clubs? If Wighton was valued at 250k (by CL and no one else) and Jack Hamilton valued at say £150k would it not be more tax efficient all round to say JH was a free and CW was £100k?

Glad someone else answered that mate, I know less about paying tax than the Rangers, big corporations and billionaires do.

Ex member of the SaS

Damour getting robbed so often, for me, is down to the playing style we had. With no movement up front he had to hold onto the ball instead of moving it forward. In a high pressing fast attacking team he could well excel. Here's hoping so anyway.

14 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Damour getting robbed so often, for me, is down to the playing style we had. With no movement up front he had to hold onto the ball instead of moving it forward. In a high pressing fast attacking team he could well excel. Here's hoping so anyway.

The one vs Hibs was just lack of awareness, expecting to have lots of time and poor protection of the ball. Nothing to do with movement, or lack of, in front of him. He was facing his own goal.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Hindsight.

Playing the same old card Al. 😴

I’m not paid a substantial amount of money nor have the in depth football knowledge to scout and sign players.

That is the responsibility of our Manager/Head Coach - our last one failed miserably on that count - particularly his signing of Wighton!

1 hour ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Which in some way is good to hear. It means that the teams that were below Hibs, (excluding us with our 15 point deduction) actually climbed above them and survived. It’s not too late to turn this around with 17 games still to play. 

In Stendal we trust! 
HHGH 

To be fair if we didn't have the deduction we would have been above them too 👍

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

More questions JamboAl ! How about you coming out with a few ideas from your obvious wealth of knowledge on the management of a football club.

He only asks questions 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Any idiot can be wise after the event.  It's much more difficult to be wise before it.

BTW even (supposed) top managers like Mourinho can waste money (£89m on Pogba) so it's not something exclusive to Hearts.

And repeating the same old shite time after time by the same moaners doesn't improve anything one iota.

“repeating the same old shite”

oh the irony! 😂

Haringshairband
19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’m not paid a substantial amount of money nor have the in depth football knowledge to scout and sign players.

That is the responsibility of our Manager/Head Coach - our last one failed miserably on that count - particularly his signing of Wighton!

Glad I read this before jumping in. Agreed that a football manager should be able to identify footballers.

20 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You're not paid to moan your tits off on here either but you do plenty of it, repeating the same guff time after time.

Everyone agrees it is the responsibility of the manager/chief scout etc and I'm sure everyone agrees they don't always get it right.  When you shop in the lower markets you can't always expect high quality goods but as I said earlier even Mourinho can get it wrong paying (near) record fees.  We are not alone..

D’Amour has looked better recently bar the odd brain fart in possession. More games he gets the more he’ll get used to the pace of the game IMO. Possible player there for sure

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

The players Jose has released would probably make it in the starting 11 of most clubs in the world.

Salah, De Bruyne, Cuadrado, Lukaku  and so on....

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Although to give Damour a 4 year contract was absolute madness by Levein, McPhee & Budge. These 3 should have nothing to do with football as their ability to throw money away is astonishing. Where will all this wasted money be accounted for before FOH take over later this year. No way would the FOH want to be left with millions left on finishing our new stand, fixing our new pitch, sorting out the contracts of players that are just not good enough and have been awarded by incompetent management. The 3 amigos will leave blaming everyone but themselves but it will be the FOH that has to clean up the monies outstanding to fix the mistakes. 
I hope the directors of FOH are strong enough to take over the running of our club and make sure the overspending is identified quickly.

Agreed, can’t see the three leaving though, the two charlatans on the football side leaving would be enough for me.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

The players Jose has released would probably make it in the starting 11 of most clubs in the world.

Salah, De Bruyne, Cuadrado, Lukaku  and so on....

Absolutely. The shirts sales and transfer fee when Pogba leaves will also make a lot of money for Man Utd so they won’t waste any money, not great for the team though in the here and now.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“repeating the same old shite”

oh the irony! 😂

He’s been defending Wighton since we signed him, like he did with Levein, he does eventually catch up.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Flaps_98 said:

The one vs Hibs was just lack of awareness, expecting to have lots of time and poor protection of the ball. Nothing to do with movement, or lack of, in front of him. He was facing his own goal.

Unfortunately it was identical to what happened against Celtic, he needs to realise he doesn’t have time to dwell on the ball. It was Baubens biggest fault and he never learnt, let’s hope Damour wises up.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s been defending Wighton since we signed him, like he did with Levein, he does eventually catch up.

Yup same old shite from Al.

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yup same old shite from Al.

Still waiting for the names of the 2 or 3 guaranteed successful signings you'd like (affordable) or, as John Thomas rightly says, are you trying to digress to avoid answering?  I think the latter.

Of course you may just be slavering your usual know-all nonsense like with your remote injury diagnoses.

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Still waiting for the names of the 2 or 3 guaranteed successful signings you'd like (affordable) or, as John Thomas rightly says, are you trying to digress to avoid answering?  I think the latter.

Of course you may just be slavering your usual know-all nonsense like with your remote injury diagnoses.

Same old shite again from you. The one that comes over as a “know all” on here is your goodself as many have commented previously.

Ive answered you before - I’m not paid or qualified in professional football to sign players - that is down to Stendel - hopefully he is more successful than the man you have embarrassingly made excuses for over the last couple out years - you got that one right eh - how sad!
As for your “remote injury diagnoses” comment, care to expand on that? Or is it just more slaverings from you.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Same old shite again from you. The one that comes over as a “know all” on here is your goodself as many have commented previously.

Ive answered you before - I’m not paid or qualified in professional football to sign players - that is down to Stendel - hopefully he is more successful than the man you have embarrassingly made excuses for over the last couple out years - you got that one right eh - how sad!
As for your “remote injury diagnoses” comment, care to expand on that? Or is it just more slaverings from you.

Blah blah blah

38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Blah blah blah

Blah blah blah right back buddy. 😂

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Blah blah blah right back buddy. 😂

Please stop quoting him, he will never ever be wrong and always change the goalposts when stumped by asking yet another question.  I highly recommend the ignore function. 

Edited by Last Laff

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Please stop quoting him, he will never ever be wrong and always change the goalposts when stumped by asking yet another question.  I highly recommend the ignore function. 

Good advice 👍

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

:rudi: