Wighton

Last Laff

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

More like £250k transfer fee, add in wages, signing on fee, agent fees etc it’s well over £500k. 

You sure it wasn't £2m?

But we saved on Jack Hamilton's wage.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

• redjambo

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Any link to this?

Sorry, just what was passed on last night.  I’ve tried to look for a link but the closest I can find is reports he’s training with the reserves. 

1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

How strong a rumour is this?

Any background you can share?

Only what I’ve said above mate sorry. 

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Sorry, just what was passed on last night.  I’ve tried to look for a link but the closest I can find is reports he’s training with the reserves. 

Wouldn’t be a shock to be fair. 

Tokyo Drifter
9 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

100k this guy reportedly cost us 

It's worse than that: £150,000 is the oft-reported figure. Absolute waste of money. At least Gavin Reilly only cost ten grand.

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Wouldn’t be a shock to be fair. 

It's great news for the reserves though. I must admit that I'm impressed by Stendel's desire to improve our reserve team by having more experienced players train regularly with them. Good on that man.

Sometimes i’ve understood us paying for potential talent and it not being realised but i never ever saw anything in this guy......ever.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

More like £250k transfer fee, add in wages, signing on fee, agent fees etc it’s well over £500k. 

Not even close dont be silly.

Edited by Jamboelite

2 hours ago, Heartbeat said:

Interestingly enough through all the players that Stendel is either booting or criticising he took time to praise Mcleans application. He is never going to be the answer cos we got him too late but least that shows he is trying so maybe DS is weeding out the prima donas living on past glories. That may not apply to all but let's face it this bunch of keek got us on this situation so can hardly argue. Maybe a guy with the attitude McLean appears to have can help a new young striker ??

His attitude might be brilliant but he’s ******* dreadful. As you say you’ve gotta trust the gaffer but I can’t see what he sees in him.

He can’t jump, doesn’t score goals and picks up ridiculous bookings routinely.

Nelly Terraces
6 hours ago, neilnunb said:

My Raith supporting mate messaged me after the recent Celtic game asking how on earth he was at a club like Hearts cos he was 'absolutely pish' on loan with them.

Easily one of the worst players I've seen in maroon but then not his fault he's living off the hype as a 16yo.

Thanks Levein!

Didn't Raith cut the loan deal short as he was utterly shite?

He only scored 1 goal in 16 games for them. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If we got Wighton for free, we have still been bumped. A horrific signing that sums up the quality Levein brought to the club.

It really does. Our position is completely justified for some the garbage he’s lumbered us with. 

8 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Sometimes i’ve understood us paying for potential talent and it not being realised but i never ever saw anything in this guy......ever.

One of those strange things. Led the line well in every reserve game I watched him in and was a key player in winning the reserve cup. Couldn’t make the step up though. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Not even close dont be silly.

Ok here we go, the Dundee Courier quoted £250k, can you disprove that? Wages, probably £2-3k a week so 18 months = £200-250k so far, signing on fee and agents fee £50k all told? Not even close eh? 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

His attitude might be brilliant but he’s ******* dreadful. As you say you’ve gotta trust the gaffer but I can’t see what he sees in him.

He can’t jump, doesn’t score goals and picks up ridiculous bookings routinely.

Agreed. He does have great movement and knows when to press. He doesn’t score goals though and is just too slow to get to where he needs to be. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ok here we go, the Dundee Courier quoted £250k, can you disprove that? Wages, probably £2-3k a week so 18 months = £200-250k so far, signing on fee and agents fee £50k all told? Not even close eh? 

Edinburgh Live quoted £150k. Can you disprove that? 😎🤷🏼‍♂️

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

Edinburgh Live quoted £150k. Can you disprove that? 😎🤷🏼‍♂️

No, but I’m sure you will defend Levein and the club for wasting even more of our money on an absolute dud with some funny emojis, it’s a good laugh isn’t it?

BangkokHearts
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

2 plus 2 is 4, minus 3 is 1 quick maffs.

Dalstonjambo
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So the story that we just waived Jack Hamilton's development fee in exchange for Wighton isn't true? This is what i was always led to believe was the case.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, BangkokHearts said:

2 plus 2 is 4, minus 3 is 1 quick maffs.

Ok then, thanks for enlightening us.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dalstonjambo said:

So the story that we just waived Jack Hamilton's development fee in exchange for Wighton isn't true? This is what i was always led to believe was the case.

I haven’t heard that story, it was £50k so do you think they would let Wighton go for that considering Levein wanted him for a while apparently? Why not just swap them at the time?

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No, but I’m sure you will defend Levein and the club for wasting even more of our money on an absolute dud with some funny emojis, it’s a good laugh isn’t it?

Nope. He turned out to be a poor signing. 

10 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

He was part of our policy of picking up young players early 20s late teens who seemed to have lost the way .

That was always going to be hit or miss policy .

No dislike for the guy ,just a wrong move not his fault .will be a championship player if he stays in the game ,sure there was talk of him quitting football before we signed him.

Correct. Good post, some hatred towards him bang out of order imo

Dalstonjambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I haven’t heard that story, it was £50k so do you think they would let Wighton go for that considering Levein wanted him for a while apparently? Why not just swap them at the time?

I'm not sure - it was a genuine question as i'd heard that at the time, and it's also been mentioned a few times on here. That's why i was asking as you seemed to know more than me. They signed at a similar time from memory.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

The signing Wighton now £500k according to JKB......

Why don’t we just round it up to a cool million and be done with it ?

Ok, but do we add VAT on top of that?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I'm not sure - it was a genuine question as i'd heard that at the time, and it's also been mentioned a few times on here. That's why i was asking as you seemed to know more than me. They signed at a similar time from memory.

I think Hamilton signed a bit earlier in the summer, couldn’t believe we got money for him but then we signed Wighton a few months later. We might’ve got a discount though with the money they were due is taken off what we paid. 
Just another injury prone project, wasting hundreds of thousands of pounds all told no matter how much we paid for him.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t know the details but have heard we were wanting Wighton and were haggling over fee. Eventually agreed but not all paid right away. They later wanted Hamilton and we were due Dev fee for him so they wrote the balance due off. At that point we had only only paid them £50k. Not sure if 100% true or how to prove it but media certainly don’t know because of various different permutations published. Key would be to find out what Hamilton’s dev fee should have been. Good luck. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t know the details but have heard we were wanting Wighton and were haggling over fee. Eventually agreed but not all paid right away. They later wanted Hamilton and we were due Dev fee for him so they wrote the balance due off. At that point we had only only paid them £50k. Not sure if 100% true or how to prove it but media certainly don’t know because of various different permutations published. Key would be to find out what Hamilton’s dev fee should have been. Good luck. 

Hamilton signed for them months before Wighton signed for us, I know that for certain. I’m not really that bothered, he’s cost us a fortune and done the square root of **** all. In the real world mistakes that cost your employer hundreds of thousands of pounds ( this is one of many) would see you sacked, with no compensation no matter what your contract stated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44277815

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts-sign-forward-craig-wighton-dundee-581846

Edited by Pasquale for King

5 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Indeed.

Can someone let me know what the acceptable hit rate is for speculative signings of promising / off the rails young players? 1 in 2? 1 in 4? 

I guess it only takes 1 to make the club a fortune. 

Feel sorry for the guy as he doesn’t seem good enough yet, on the other hand, didn’t get more than a handful of games in a team that was chopped and changed constantly. 

Souttar is the one that has potential to make the club a fortune.

I was told this on Monday and posted it in another thread, Uche has also been told (or so I'm told - I was told Mulraney, Uche, Whelen, Wighton, Berra and 2 others).

Cannot wait to hear Wightons interview about how he didn't see it coming, how he felt it could have been handled better, how he deserved more and better.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The signing Wighton now £500k according to JKB......

Why don’t we just round it up to a cool million and be done with it ?

The signing Wighton now £500k, English or maths not your strong point?

All told the fee plus wages etc will probably total £500k or more I’m afraid.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Souttar is the one that has potential to make the club a fortune.

Another injury prone project that won’t go anywhere until he’s proven that he can play a full season of football without being out for large parts of it.

peebles jambo
11 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Free to find another club.  

Told on Sunday apparently, him Berra and 3 others, was told this this  morning by a reliable source

4 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

Told on Sunday apparently, him Berra and 3 others, was told this this  morning by a reliable source

Mulraney, Keena and ? 
Maybe Whelan in the 3 others? 

6 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

👍 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stewart's itk Mulraney and Wighton in reserve team training. 

Only difference media not interested in them

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Another injury prone project that won’t go anywhere until he’s proven that he can play a full season of football without being out for large parts of it.

Souttar an 'injury prone project' ?

Did he have injury problems when we signed him or is this just another rewriting of history ?

16 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I was told this on Monday and posted it in another thread, Uche has also been told (or so I'm told - I was told Mulraney, Uche, Whelen, Wighton, Berra and 2 others).

Cannot wait to hear Wightons interview about how he didn't see it coming, how he felt it could have been handled better, how he deserved more and better.

In the video at beginning of week I he was training with first team im sure 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Mulraney, Keena and ? 

Whelan happened last year 

Ex member of the SaS

No matter what fee was paid, it's clear he was a waste of cash, however it's a drop in the ocean compared to how much Levein has thrown down the drain.

Willing to give every player a clean slate and let Stendel decide, so far he seems to be doing the right things.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Souttar an 'injury prone project' ?

Did he have injury problems when we signed him or is this just another rewriting of history ?

Yes he had a few injuries at United, do you think anyone will take a risk of paying millions for him with his record? Nobody has so far.

F4nny Stewart's final line contradicts everything he's moaning about, Stendel should be applauded, he's yet to make one bad move, German efficiency AND. I. LOVE. IT.

"That is a consequence of what has gone on over the past five years at the club — this Hearts squad is a bloated beast."

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Mulraney, Keena and ? 

We seem to have one goalkeeper too many If we are looking to free up cash.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes he had a few injuries at United, do you think anyone will take a risk of paying millions for him with his record? Nobody has so far.

Don't care about his market value right now . Would like him back in the team .

What injuries did he have at DU ?

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Don't care about his market value right now . Would like him back in the team .

What injuries did he have at DU ?

I’m not up to date on every injury he suffered playing for another club, suffice to say he missed games due to injury. He was a teenager so playing so many games against grown men might have played a part in becoming injury prone. 
I will be happy to welcome him back, as I was at this time last year and hopefully he’s fully fit and stays that way. He might well fulfil his potential now that changes are being made at Riccarton.

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

His overall stats are 11 goals scored in 139 games. Still awful, mind.

He did score 6 goals in 14 games for Scotland U17.

At 16 years and 3 months, he became the youngest ever goalscorer for Dundee. This is the period that made his reputation (his Dens Park nickname was 'the wizard') - and of course Dundee United fans will remember him fondly as the scorer of the goal which relegated them. The bad knee injury in 2017 won't have helped, he was out for several months. One or two have said 'never a footballer' - this seems  harsh for someone who's represented his country at every level except full; yes, I know it's only Scotland, but there must have been something there.