Wighton

Last Laff

Captain Lithuania

Everyone keeps saying he has “undoubted talent”. What have all of these people saw that removes the doubt about the fact he has talent? Genuinely asking. 

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

• redjambo

3 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

I know we all like a boo boy but just because he hasn’t made it at hearts doesn’t mean a loan spell will boost his confidence.those saying Arbroath are above his level is poor chat the player is obviously talented but injuries and confidence have impacted him....it’s not to say he will ever play for Hearts again but cut him some slack have we not learned anything fromSean Clare

Is he?

I have seen nothing from him that would suggest he can make it at this level.

In fact, I seen more from Gavin Reilly that I have from Wighton.

People are annoyed because we paid a couple hundred grand for him which to be frank, just sums up the entire Levein era.

As soon as he leaves the club the better.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

Agree it's pointless if that's the case.

In fact, if that's accurate (which is a reasonable guess), I'd just keep him. If we get down to the bare bones, he's an option, and on the flip side, if we don't need him, 6 months training with and playing for the reserves might see him desperate to move for first team football in the summer. Taking a wage cut in the process.

It’s at least saving some money. He’s now behind Naismtih/Maclean/Henderson/Moore/Washington/Meshino/Walker/Macdonald/Uche/Avdijaj so he’s not going to play a all. He’s unlikely to be scunnered playing and training with he reserves, he seems immature and enjoys their company. He won’t take a pay cut either as he’s unlikely to earn that wage elsewhere ever again.

Hes barely scored any goals in his career at any level, 14 in 156 games as a professional, I would let him play against us with no fear at all of him doing anything.

48 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I go and watch Arbroath when Hearts aren't playing. I thought I'd seen the last of him !

Dick Campbell could be the man to get him playing. 

18 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

I know we all like a boo boy but just because he hasn’t made it at hearts doesn’t mean a loan spell will boost his confidence.those saying Arbroath are above his level is poor chat the player is obviously talented but injuries and confidence have impacted him....it’s not to say he will ever play for Hearts again but cut him some slack have we not learned anything fromSean Clare

Well said bud. People forget footballers are just folk.

He's not done anything bad or hurtful, he just never settled. He had a promising career ahead at age 18 and it hasn't come together for him.

He hasn't Hibsd it all up wi bevvy and chavvery, in fact you hear decent things about his attitude. He might get his mojo back. Hope the lad does.

People are so precious. Football supporters behave like everyone owes them. Weird thing, I've never understood.

Good luck Wighton! Looks like I'm in a minority, possibly alone, in being optimistic.  The boy has had a shite time with injuries, and doesn't appear to have been managed well - getting chucked into hard games when returning from injury.  Hope he kicks on at Arbroath and returns fit and raring to go for next season, or at least puts himself in the shop window so he can be moved on.

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s at least saving some money. He’s now behind Naismtih/Maclean/Henderson/Moore/Washington/Meshino/Walker/Macdonald/Uche/Avdijaj so he’s not going to play a all. He’s unlikely to be scunnered playing and training with he reserves, he seems immature and enjoys their company. He won’t take a pay cut either as he’s unlikely to earn that wage elsewhere ever again.

Hes barely scored any goals in his career at any level, 14 in 156 games as a professional, I would let him play against us with no fear at all of him doing anything.

Come on then tell us how he seems immature ?..oh and daring to enjoy the company of other players....that's a sackable offence surely

Another silly little post with no knowledge of the true position but lies written to make you feel good.

Moan about ability if you have to but personal attacks with no foundation are simply wrong

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Strange how Arbroath could afford him and Dundee couldn't.

I hate it when supporters take a dislike to a player, sometimes for irrational reasons, and once disliked it is difficult to turn it around.  It has taken a change in position for Clare to come good (after mishandling by CL).

Wighton has talent but lacks confidence.  CL did not help the situation.  Maybe not at Hearts, but I am sure he has a future in the game.   

Wighton and Henderson look similar players.  Henderson has grasp the nettle, Wighton not so much.

Edited by Tasavallan

I guess Levein saw something in him that no other coaches or managers saw in him. 

Oh no, wait a minute. He played in a Championship winning side at the age of 16, Scottish Premiership side at the age of 17 and at every age of International football up to, and including, the U21's.

Clearly the boy has absolutely no talent or ability.

On 08/01/2020 at 01:46, cosanostra said:

Looked like a guy with no obvious position or role at the club. Kind of looked out of his depth wherever he played. 

Another atrocious Levein signing. 

Annoyingly my work mate had told me he was decent. I'm sure I also posted words to that effect on here. 

Edited by Marvin

26 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Dundee might be at it. 

Talking pish. Or maybe Arbroath have a benefactor. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, but they were only getting revenge for actually paying us money for Jack Hamilton.

Fair point, bud. 

Not sure which of us came off worse.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

I assumed one was a loan and was signing. Maybe we are forcing Dundee to stump up or lose him. 

1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

I will be pleased when he is gone.

He has scored what, one goal and in a pre-season game? Never in a competitive game? Is that correct?

I think Wighton would be the first player I would cut from the senior squad. I'm not counting youth players.

But at least he plays a part unlike in the past, where the person I would cut first has not not kicked a ball for weeks. We used to always have a few dead wood  players like that in the past.

Spoke to a Dundee season ticket holder and he doesn't want him back, apparently had 2 good games for them and that was it. Can't see him playing back in the SPL again - he'll float around League One/Championship for the rest of his career. Any one who would like to bet me otherwise then please PM me 💰

24 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Did Leigh Griffiths not bounce around a host of shitey wee clubs (Livi, Dundee, Hibs) before becoming good? 

He's always been good unfortunately. 

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He'll get a rocket up his arse one way or another.

Tokyo Drifter

Wighton's hopeless, glad he's on the way out. But  you just know we're gonna get Arbroath in the cup and he's gonna score ...

Gene Parmesan
11 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Wighton's hopeless, glad he's on the way out. But  you just know we're gonna get Arbroath in the cup and he's gonna score ...

It's a loan, so he won't be allowed to play against us.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, kila said:

We got a fee from Jack Hamilton going the other way and I'm sure they pretty much cancelled each other out...

This is what I’ve always assumed happened. Same as the Beith for Mulraney swap. Wighton was always just a low risk punt of the type we have to take now and then.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Fair point, bud. 

Not sure which of us came off worse.

Probably us due to the fee and wages, it was nice of them to kid on they wanted him back though. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, kila said:

We got a fee from Jack Hamilton going the other way and I'm sure they pretty much cancelled each other out...

We paid about double for Wighton that we got for Hamilton, plus the wages that you pay for someone in that bracket. We definitely got the worst part of the deal.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It's a loan, so he won't be allowed to play against us.

I think we can agree to let him play against us in the cup, the abuse would see him subbed before HT.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

We paid about double for Wighton that we got for Hamilton, plus the wages that you pay for someone in that bracket. We definitely got the worst part of the deal.

Source?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It feels like both clubs shafted each other!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

Did Leigh Griffiths not bounce around a host of shitey wee clubs (Livi, Dundee, Hibs) before becoming good? 

Mcpake compared him to Griffiths too, difference is he scored goals everywhere he went and Wighton has scored 14 times in 156 appearances as a pro.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It feels like both clubs shafted each other!

They got more money in the deal but yeah neither club really came out smelling of roses.

Wighton loan deal agreed with Arbroath

Being announced this afternoon

Hearts apparently wouldn't let Dundee take him on loan - they preferred Arbroath

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, BRY said:

Hearts apparently wouldn't let Dundee take him on loan - they preferred Arbroath

Get it right roond you dungdee 

48 minutes ago, BRY said:

I wonder if he will still be training with us as Arbroath is a part time team don't see them training most days.

RustyRightPeg

Good luck to him. 

Who knows, maybe a consistent run of games with a few goals and he may return a glimpse of the player we hoped he’d be going into the pre season. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Good luck to him. 

Who knows, maybe a consistent run of games with a few goals and he may return a glimpse of the player we hoped he’d be going into the pre season. 

😂😂 you belong in stand up. 

All the best Shitghton.  Perhaps if you get Levein as your agent you might be able to rob another club of a wage and not have to come back next year. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

All the best Shitghton.  Perhaps if you get Levein as your agent you might be able to rob another club of a wage and not have to come back next year. 

You are a sad individual, Last Laff. :(

7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Well said bud. People forget footballers are just folk.

He's not done anything bad or hurtful, he just never settled. He had a promising career ahead at age 18 and it hasn't come together for him.

He hasn't Hibsd it all up wi bevvy and chavvery, in fact you hear decent things about his attitude. He might get his mojo back. Hope the lad does.

People are so precious. Football supporters behave like everyone owes them. Weird thing, I've never understood.

You are pissing against the wind . Far too reasonable for our resident knuckle draggers (of which there are many)

Just now, Last Laff said:

Im cheery, not deluded RJ 👍

Glad to hear it, but there's no need to have a go at the player himself, imo. It didn't work out, he failed to make the grade. He either needs to find a magic formula or step down a level. End of story, we move on.

Just now, redjambo said:

Glad to hear it, but there's no need to have a go at the player himself, imo. It didn't work out, he failed to make the grade. He either needs to find a magic formula or step down a level. End of story, we move on.

I didn’t have a go at him.  I said it was funny/deluded the other poster said he could hopefully come back and hit the ground running, I also hoped he could get another move away from the club on decent money come the summer.  I did call him shite but that’s a matter of fact.  I could go into more rage over the money and time wasted trying to develop a busted flush but like I said I’m cheery so no need 😁

RustyRightPeg
28 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You’re a class act, enjoy your night ✊🏽💦 

30 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

All the best Shitghton.  Perhaps if you get Levein as your agent you might be able to rob another club of a wage...

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I didn’t have a go at him.

No, of course you didn't.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No, of course you didn't.

Good luck if he can rob another club.  I didn’t call him the devil.  He’s robbed/ing a good wage here still.  Anyway, on to the match today.  I’ll ignore the personal abuse you shoved on me, it’s all good 👍

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Good luck if he can rob another club.  I didn’t call him the devil.  He’s robbed/ing a good wage here still.  Anyway, on to the match today.  I’ll ignore the personal abuse you shoved on me, it’s all good 👍

:D You are a one.

A Shoreditch Heart

good luck to the young guy - hope he has a great few months up there and come's back to us in May full of confidence 

Is it true that Dundee couldn't meet our wage demands for Wighton on loan?, yet Arbroath could?

Or were we only willing to accept a permanent transfer to Dundee?

letsalldothebeattie

All the best to the lad. Hope the loan works for him and he can showcase himself enough to get a permanent move away in the summer. An ok player but nowhere near the level for us