Wighton

Last Laff

3 hours ago, red said:

Wow! Forgot about them too! Abouda or whatever he was called too 🤦🏻‍♂️

He’s actually been a success everywhere he’s been. I’d take him back. Another player chastised by the dregs of our support due to the colour of his skin. Him and Isma would walk into our current team, and probably both score a decent amount before the end of the season. 

15255667-1B00-4D86-866E-BD2562920D26.jpeg

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

• redjambo

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

It took DS about 10 minutes to stamp these guys as shite. Make no bones about it that if Levein was still in charge our front 2 for Ross County would be Wighton and Mclean with Berra in defence head punting the ball every 3 minutes. We would lose and he would say to Ann he is fixing it and she would think he is doing a great job.

****ing frightening.

Can’t argue with that.

41 minutes ago, Dayman said:

He’s actually been a success everywhere he’s been. I’d take him back. Another player chastised by the dregs of our support due to the colour of his skin. Him and Isma would walk into our current team, and probably both score a decent amount before the end of the season. 

Under stendel, I think not. Did you see him play? Scored goals but ran about 20 meters over the 90 

8 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

Under stendel, I think not. Did you see him play? Scored goals but ran about 20 meters over the 90 

Didn’t see all of his(dauda) games but saw probably half. He wouldn’t fit into this squad though you’re right. I was more just defending him as an awful signing tbh! He’s far from the worst we’ve had. 

Who knows how he’d play with a real coach though, I suppose! I wonder how many players we’ve let slip through our hands because of an incompetent head coach... I’m sure stendel would have got more out of the couple hundred we’ve brought in under this regime 😃

58 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I liked Dauda.  Very direct, not a bad return of goals per game either.  I don’t recall him being chastised to be fair.  I think he got caught up in the whole “the fitba’s shite” debacle under Neilson towards the end of that season (remember, when we finished 3rd quite comfortably...).  I think a portion of the support didn’t feel like he was an apt replacement for Sow either (irony being that Sow’s goalscoring record since he left Hearts is crap).  Changed days now, we can’t be the fussy.  A striker with a goal every 3 games average would probably be enough to keep us up.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:I liked Dauda.  Very direct, not a bad return of goals per game either.  I don’t recall him being chastised to be fair.  I think he got caught up in the whole “the fitba’s shite” debacle under Neilson towards the end of that season (remember, when we finished 3rd quite comfortably...).  I think a portion of the support didn’t feel like he was an apt replacement for Sow either (irony being that Sow’s goalscoring record since he left Hearts is crap).  Changed days now, we can’t be the fussy.  A striker with a goal every 3 games average would probably be enough to keep us up.

I remember him getting a lot of abuse on here, but maybe I’m wrong. I’m not sure I was in the country for much of that season so can’t say much about the fans in the stadiums opinion of him. Looking back, his YouTube video must have been sped up as he looked rapid in it I remember. Maybe fans were expecting something different and that was the issue. I think that was party the Bosnian bullets issue too.

I think You might be right about the sow thing as well. He was a one season wonder we have struggled to replace. I’d happily take a 6 month wonder now. Actually, I’d bite your hand off for a 3 weeker! 

16 hours ago, whytebeard said:

If your in his position would you accept a decrease in salary, especially if it is significant.

this issue will be the same with Berra

Can’t  fault the players. Short career so they should take as much as they can get 

I know but he will be binned in the reserves wasting away 

If he had any determination to succeed he should go ..... waster 

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

A move back to Dundee would be the perfect move for him. He'd be back playing football at a club where he is appreciated by the fans, he would have a chance to get himself going again, get his confidence, fitness and match experience back. However, he'd most probably have to take a pay cut. I supposes it depends where his priorities lie.

15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

A move back to Dundee would be the perfect move for him. He'd be back playing football at a club where he is appreciated by the fans, he would have a chance to get himself going again, get his confidence, fitness and match experience back. However, he'd most probably have to take a pay cut. I supposes it depends where his priorities lie.

I would be happy to send Wighton on loan until the end of the season - although we would probably need to shoulder the vast majority of his wage. On the small chance that he again showed his potential, there might be a player in there that could help us next season. If not we know to punt him at that stage.

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

Imagine he is on 2.5k to 4K a week our average is 140k ish so that won’t be fair off the ball park. 

2.5k = roughly 125k a year

4k = roughly 200k a year 

going guess Dundee’s average is 50 to 60k. You ain’t going to drop that for a year. That will have a massive impact on his life.

there is one thing being determining another thing is looking after yourself. Everyone thinks this is probably the biggest gig he will be in, he probably does too. He may think why am I going to take a significant drop to help free up a space at hearts.

listen I want him gone, but reality it may not happen. See osh and Martin as examples. 

problem is, hearts gave him this deal and further my reasoning that levein should be gone. Not only has he f**ked up when he was in charge, he is also having a huge impact on how DS can perform 

pettigrewsstylist

Just posturing. My question is ...loan deal?  Presumed we were going to  release him if he finds club etc?? 

Is AM overseeing this.. anyone ITK??

6 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Just posturing. My question is ...loan deal?  Presumed we were going to  release him if he finds club etc?? 

I'm sure we'd happily release him. But he'd naturally want/ prefer to maintain his currently level of salary. So we either pay him off (perhaps meeting in middle somewhere) or loan him out and ask for a % of his salary. Seems like Dundee aren't prepared to pay the % we're currently asking... 

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

Why on earth did we sign him? 

Screenshot_20200112-161028_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f934922aa63d32edbe0bbea4da31c32c.jpg

Perhaps one of Levein’s remaining devotees could answer that, bud. 

£150k and wages; could make me weep. 

4 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

AM's on the beach

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just like the idiot who paid money for him, Wighton will hang around Tynecastle like a bad smell, picking up his fat salary!

That's one over dramatic way of looking at it

Of course he could be perfectly entitled to hang around due to the contract we agreed to..just a thought

In the end a deal is more likely to be done in terms of a subsidy or pay off but if not that's life and we'll have to deal with it...and he won't be alone in that I suspect

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Of course he could be perfectly entitled to hang around due to the contract we agreed to..just a thought

In the end a deal is more likely to be done in terms of a subsidy or pay off but if not that's life and we'll have to deal with it...and he won't be alone in that I suspect

Why move if you're being well paid. I call it the Malaury syndrome. 

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Yes he will not be alone - many more of Levein’s shit signings on long contracts to deal with....just a thought.

Bazzas right boot
On 10/01/2020 at 21:17, Section Q said:

How much were we paying this idiot............?

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/new-targets-for-dee-as-hearts-wighton-demands-too-high/

New targets for Dundee as Hearts’ Craig Wighton demands too high

Dundee have distanced themselves from a romantic return for former favourite Craig Wighton.

No wonder he knocked them back, they're trying to shag him. 

SomethingAboutObua

Surely some English League One team with too much money would want to take a punt? Bristol Rovers signed Gavin Reilly someone must want to try Wighton? 

Dundee were also waiting on one of their strikers joining Hartlepool, if he went their fans were expecting them to move for Wighton. Instead Hartlepool have signed Keena so I don't think their guy's going to move on now.

7 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Surely some English League One team with too much money would want to take a punt? Bristol Rovers signed Gavin Reilly someone must want to try Wighton? 

Dundee were also waiting on one of their strikers joining Hartlepool, if he went their fans were expecting them to move for Wighton. Instead Hartlepool have signed Keena so I don't think their guy's going to move on now.

Why would any team want to take a punt of a player who totally failed at the last Club that took a punt on him?

57 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why would any team want to take a punt of a player who totally failed at the last Club that took a punt on him?

Like we did with Paul Hartley, Henry Smith, Neil Berry etc

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Like we did with Paul Hartley, Henry Smith, Neil Berry etc

Paul Hartley wasn’t a failure at St Johnstone.....if he was I really doubt we would have signed him. He was the outstanding midfielder in that division the season prior to us signing him.

6 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Paul Hartley wasn’t a failure at St Johnstone.....if he was I really doubt we would have signed him. He was the outstanding midfielder in that division the season prior to us signing him.

He was a failure at Hibs.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But Hibs weren’t the last club that had taken a punt on him......

Edited by DH1986

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

But Hibs weren’t the last club that had taken a punt on him......

Whatever you say.

I'm not going to start an argument re his St J days.

Look you can’t make a silk purse out of a pigs ear, however when I watched Craig playing for the reserves he was really ok. Maybe confidence maybe coaching, but we just need a coaching team to bring out the best in each player. Having watched Daniel at training once he gets a few of his guys in we will be in good hands. Doesn’t help reading about what the paying punters think, either voiced on this forum or at Tynecastle. Everyone has an opinion and mine is to get behind whatever team graces the pitch and encourage them to not fear a mistake, that’s how you learn.
Have been a critic of Ryo in the past but we are seeing the best of him now that he is encouraged to take a shot at goal rather than try to pass the ball into the net. it’s not the player it’s the way they were coached to play.
Be honest how many fans have criticised a player and 5 minutes later they score.

We are, mostly, all Hearts fans on here apart from the wind up merchants, so let’s get behind the team on Saturday and emulate the atmosphere from the Aberdeen game. Or please just, stay at home.

HHGH.

6 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Oops Al gets it wrong again! 😂

38 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Oops Al gets it wrong again! 😂

Trolling again?

It's a matter of opinion.

Never get it wrong with you wee man but that's so simple.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Who cares he was a failure at Hibs.A fantastic player for Hearts,one of the best over the last 30 years

29 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Trolling again?

It's a matter of opinion.

Never get it wrong with you wee man but that's so simple.

No just having a wee laugh at your expense - big man. 😂

Wighton is one of those guys who just doesn't look like a footballer. Looks more like someone who would work somewhere like Standard Life or Scottish Widows

Wighton could still be a really good acquisition, taken under the wing of somebody who understands confidence and belief and how to develop it within people. He has undoubted ability.

3 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Wighton could still be a really good acquisition, taken under the wing of somebody who understands confidence and belief and how to develop it within people. He has undoubted ability.

Worth a shot as he is young. Loan until the end of the season, let him recover fitness and get game time. Who knows? At least we'd have a better chance if another club closer to our own wage structure taking a punt in him if we still don't want him come August.

wentworth jambo
10 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

"Undoubted ability" ??? - where ??? He's not particularly fast, he's not good in the air, he's not a natural finisher, he can't hold a ball up, he can't link other players in....what ability does he have ? The stats supplied by someone else above also seem to confirm this - Dundee must have been pi55ing the,selves when we came along a wedge !!

56 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Wighton is one of those guys who just doesn't look like a footballer. Looks more like someone who would work somewhere like Standard Life or Scottish Widows

Lol.  

At under 16, under 18 Craig Wighton was head and shoulders above anyone else in Scotland ,vilifying him sitting from  desk chairs is an easy thing to do, people with his talent don't lose this talent in my opinion. Going by his Hearts performances I understand why people would actually come to these conclusions however taking into consideration he was under the wing of the last regime it's hardly surprising he is where he is.

Scotland football clubs have a inherently poor record of developing players.

At some point the penny has to drop that it actually isn't the players but the people who are entrusted with their development where the problem lies.

12 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

"Undoubted ability" ??? - where ??? He's not particularly fast, he's not good in the air, he's not a natural finisher, he can't hold a ball up, he can't link other players in....what ability does he have ? The stats supplied by someone else above also seem to confirm this - Dundee must have been pi55ing the,selves when we came along a wedge !!

Exactly!

5 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

At under 16, under 18 Craig Wighton was head and shoulders above anyone else in Scotland ,vilifying him sitting from  desk chairs is an easy thing to do, people with his talent don't lose this talent in my opinion. Going by his Hearts performances I understand why people would actually come to these conclusions however taking into consideration he was under the wing of the last regime it's hardly surprising he is where he is.

Scotland football clubs have a inherently poor record of developing players.

At some point the penny has to drop that it actually isn't the players but the people who are entrusted with their development where the problem lies.

I would loan him out to Dundee and see how he gets on. Would like to see him after a run of games

I think it's been a case of wrong time wrong place for Wighton and Hearts 

There's probably a player in there somewhere but we don't have the time to wait around for it at the moment. 

Had he of signed when we were flying and used sparingly as part of a good strike force I think he'd have been better but that's all ifs and buts. He's been injured and has mostly been part of a poor Hearts side and his confidence has probably suffered as a result. 

I don't think he's ever been an out and out striker but a lot of our support have judged him purely on goals. I don't think he should have ever been sold or promoted to us as a goal scoring striker because he's never been that. 

Think Stendel has already worked with him in training and decided it's best he moves on. We either send him out on loan and see how he gets on, or cut our loses now. Personally, from what I've seen of him, i'd choose the latter.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No just having a wee laugh at your expense - big man. 😂

You should try a mirror.  Much funnier.

43 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

It makes you wonder why they wanted him back.

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You should try a mirror.  Much funnier.

Poor effort - even by your standards Al.