• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

• redjambo

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Think I answered that already . Not on social media mind you !

Well I’m into the site from twitter so technically you did, was it one thing he did at Aberdeen 😂🙈?

I’ve told this story before but will tell it again. I watched Hearts vs Rangers at Ibrox last season, 3-0 to them, with someone who used to play with Wighton at Dundee. Wighton and Clare played up top and I asked him how Wighton has managed to get a move to a club like Hearts. He said he is one of the best players he’s ever played with..................in training. Touch, pace, skill, finishing and passing etc, all top notch when it doesn’t matter. Says he just doesn’t have the confidence or the arrogance to take it onto the park. He couldn’t believe we had signed him and paid money for him. Says the pressure of playing for Dundee was too much for him so no idea why anyone thought he’d be able to do it with the pressure of Hearts. Said he’s a lovely guy but just doesn’t have it in the head to make it. 

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Another Levein episode of setting our money on fire.

But but he can help around the club.

If Budge wants to get her money's worth out of Levein give him a mop and bucket and get him to clean the dressing rooms. That is all he is good for. Mind you he would probably make a mess of that too. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So he’s on less than the average pay even though we paid a decent fee for him, do you think Clare is on low wages too 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😂?
You just made that up to suit your agenda didn’t you 😜?!?!

Tbf, I agree with your figure, but Wighton came from Dundee, Clare from Sheffield wed, so Clare is Likley to be on more than the average, Wighton maybe less o, but your figure is about right imo. 

Splitting hairs anyway, a waste of money, however much it was. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve told this story before but will tell it again. I watched Hearts vs Rangers at Ibrox last season, 3-0 to them, with someone who used to play with Wighton at Dundee. Wighton and Clare played up top and I asked him how Wighton has managed to get a move to a club like Hearts. He said he is one of the best players he’s ever played with..................in training. Touch, pace, skill, finishing and passing etc, all top notch when it doesn’t matter. Says he just doesn’t have the confidence or the arrogance to take it onto the park. He couldn’t believe we had signed him and paid money for him. Says the pressure of playing for Dundee was too much for him so no idea why anyone thought he’d be able to do it with the pressure of Hearts. Said he’s a lovely guy but just doesn’t have it in the head to make it. 

I recall you saying this before, can anyone who has watched him train say if he’s ever fine this with us at Riccarton. It does seem to ring true though Busby.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, I agree with your figure, but Wighton came from Dundee, Clare from Sheffield wed, so Clare is Likley to be on more than the average, Wighton maybe less o, but your figure is about right imo. 

Splitting hairs anyway, a waste of money, however much it was. 

Definitely. Hopefully we can sort it out this month.

I think signings like Wighton kinda sum up why we are where we are. 

Undoubtedly has talent. But lacks the confidence to show that ability in a football stadium. IIRC did someone not say players who have played with him at Dundee not say he had everything in training just not the confidence to take it into a match? 

Rather cut our losses now and stop kidding ourselves on he's suddenly going to grow a spine. 

3 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

If Budge wants to get her money's worth out of Levein give him a mop and bucket and get him to clean the dressing rooms. That is all he is good for. Mind you he would probably make a mess of that too. 

Doubt he would be any good at ridding the dressing room of shit, first class at filling it with shit, though.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Doubt he would be any good at ridding the dressing room of shit, first class at filling it with shit, though.

😂Yep too true 

21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s actually horrible to hate so many of these players but it’s hard to argue they haven’t brought it on themselves. With that said I hope he gets a move and does well. 

You’re getting soft. 😳

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Haha!

Sad thing is you are bang on the money. 

****ing Levein. What a disaster. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I recall you saying this before, can anyone who has watched him train say if he’s ever fine this with us at Riccarton. It does seem to ring true though Busby.

Sometimes you just get boys who are brilliant at everything to do with the game.........just can’t do it on the park. MacLean is another. Every person I talk to in football tells me MacLean is a model pro, amazing trainer, super intelligent on the park........just can’t score. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, busby1985 said:

Sometimes you just get boys who are brilliant at everything to do with the game.........just can’t do it on the park. MacLean is another. Every person I talk to in football tells me MacLean is a model pro, amazing trainer, super intelligent on the park........just can’t score. 

Yeah that’s what a few coaches have said about him and told me in person. 
Maybe Wighton should see a shrink, or that guy that Mulraney sees as he’s super confident considering his actual talent.

allystrachan
23 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think signings like Wighton kinda sum up why we are where we are. 

Undoubtedly has talent. But lacks the confidence to show that ability in a football stadium. IIRC did someone not say players who have played with him at Dundee not say he had everything in training just not the confidence to take it into a match? 

Rather cut our losses now and stop kidding ourselves on he's suddenly going to grow a spine. 

Haha... yeh someone said it 5 posts previous.

unless it’s a story said so often your tacking the mick.

pettigrewsstylist
50 minutes ago, jake said:

Another Levein episode of setting our money on fire.

But but he can help around the club.

Fans fault. Too many groans and short on cuddles. 

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

STV east news confirming he might need up back at Dundee. 

Dundee manager James McPake will not rule out a move to bring striker Craig Wighton back to Dens Park this January.

The 22-year-old is free to leave Hearts 18 months after signing for the Edinburgh club from Dundee.

Wighton came through the ranks at Dens, making 96 appearances and scoring eight goals in dark blue.

Asked if he would try to sign the player this month, McPake said: “It was talked about in the summer as well – he’s a player I know very well but he’s a Hearts player so that’s where we are at with that one.

“I like good players and Craig is a good player but there is a process going on that we have been working on since the summer.

“We’ll not talk about who those players are because there is a lot of them.

“Is Craig one of them? Maybe. But at the moment he is a Hearts player and there will be loads of interest in him I am sure.

really?

2 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Dundee manager James McPake will not rule out a move to bring striker Craig Wighton back to Dens Park this January.

The 22-year-old is free to leave Hearts 18 months after signing for the Edinburgh club from Dundee.

Wighton came through the ranks at Dens, making 96 appearances and scoring eight goals in dark blue.

Asked if he would try to sign the player this month, McPake said: “It was talked about in the summer as well – he’s a player I know very well but he’s a Hearts player so that’s where we are at with that one.

“I like good players and Craig is a good player but there is a process going on that we have been working on since the summer.

“We’ll not talk about who those players are because there is a lot of them.

“Is Craig one of them? Maybe. But at the moment he is a Hearts player and there will be loads of interest in him I am sure.

really?

Yeah I wish I was as confident as mcpake of that.

53 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah that’s what a few coaches have said about him and told me in person. 
Maybe Wighton should see a shrink, or that guy that Mulraney sees as he’s super confident considering his actual talent.

I think Wighton will probably fall out the game soon. He just doesn’t seem to have the mind set for football at the highest level. 

15 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

No longer a rumour. Free to if he finds a club.

Link please?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well I’m into the site from twitter so technically you did, was it one thing he did at Aberdeen 😂🙈?

No surprise I don't even know how that works .

I already told you that I already answered that question about players ability . 

I'm kind of guessing a modern , social media savvy guy like yourself can check back on the thread ?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

No surprise I don't even know how that works .

I already told you that I already answered that question about players ability . 

I'm kind of guessing a modern , social media savvy guy like yourself can check back on the thread ?

He’s been told to leave, not sure if his dummy has been spat out. Let’s watch this talented individual shine elsewhere eh 😜.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

So he’s on less than the average pay even though we paid a decent fee for him, do you think Clare is on low wages too 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😂?
You just made that up to suit your agenda didn’t you 😜?!?!

Dikamona is on £1500 per week. Uche is on £3500 per week. Would imagine Wighton is on £900 - £1200 pw.... just a guess though 

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Didnt say he was going to Dundee. Just answered the question if he was free to go, which was announced on STV news at six.

I didn't say it did. 👅 Just added the link to the STV news article for those who didn't watch the news.

Just now, redjambo said:

I didn't say it did. 👅 Just added the link to the STV news article for those who didn't watch the news.

Ok no worries :2thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s been told to leave, not sure if his dummy has been spat out. Let’s watch this talented individual shine elsewhere eh 😜.

Ok I give up .

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Dikamona is on £1500 per week. Uche is on £3500 per week. Would imagine Wighton is on £900 - £1200 pw.... just a guess though 

I think when you pay between £150-250k for someone you will have to pay them more than that but it’s all speculation really.

Edited by Pasquale for King

39 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

How ya know that?

Independence
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Disgraceful! 

2 minutes ago, Independence said:

Disgraceful! 

How? The clown has squandered millions of pounds of fan's money on dross and projects and has us on the verge of relegation. 

45 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Of course.

do you have access to the BACS payroll file for Hearts?

wattie exploited
7 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

How? The clown has squandered millions of pounds of fan's money on dross and projects and has us on the verge of relegation. 

and he still has a say in this club what a ****ing Joke :rifle:

wattie exploited

never ever seen him play well or look like scoring another waste of money its ok playing for a smaller team but coming to a much bigger club a lot of these players just cant handle it bye :rifle:

14 minutes ago, Independence said:

Disgraceful! 

It is. He should be hounded out the club immediately. No cushy wee cleaning jobs. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

How do you come to the conclusion his figures are made up?

We paid £250k for him in August 2018.

The average wage as reported in the media for our first team players is £138k p.a.

So if we assume he is on the average wage then he will have been paid about £185k since he joined us.

That gives a total of £435k without any add ons such as agents fees etc, etc. so Pasquale's estimate of £500k is highly likely in my opinion.

Do you disagree with that? Tells us what you think it should be.

How do you know we paid £250k for him? We have a range of £50k-£250k on here. 
He will also be paid below the average given his age and where he came from. I’d think £1,500 pw maximum for him. 
Regardless there’s no doubt we made a decent investment in him and it hasn’t paid off. But that’s football. This forum was very positive when we signed him so a good percentage of us believed in the investment. There’s no arguing that injuries have scuppered his 18 months with us and certainly messed with his confidence. 

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I’d echo that even to the point of saying he is a very good player at reserve team level but just can’t take it to the next level. Has to be a confidence issue. 

38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think when you pay between £150-250k for someone you will have to pay them more than that but it’s all speculation really.

Don’t think it works like that. It’s based on what they were earning before plus what we can afford to pay him plus what other clubs are prepared to pay him. It also needs to fit in with the clubs wage structure in terms of who gets paid what. We got Uche on a free so how much do we pay him?