• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

• redjambo

15 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Take it MacLean is staying?

He's been told to find a new club but is training with the first team. Same applies to Uche and Damour. You can expect to see Cochrane and MacDonald potentially starting the majority of games from now till the end of the season.

Just now, Gorillajam said:

He's been told to find a new club but is training with the first team. Same applies to Uche and Damour. You can expect to see Cochrane and MacDonald potentially starting the majority of games from now till the end of the season.

ok..but why they still training with first team?

1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

That's interesting when folk were saying Uche had been told to go I was sure I had seen him training with first team, I wonder why the difference between the 2 groups !!

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

So typical of our support and club just now, soft 😜

No , if you don't like the answers or the questions you just jump onto something else , like a small child . Ah , ok then

14 minutes ago, steve123 said:

That's interesting when folk were saying Uche had been told to go I was sure I had seen him training with first team, I wonder why the difference between the 2 groups !!

Mulraney, Whelan, Wighton and Berra all went and spoke to Stendel and articulated their disappointment but Stendel wasn't impressed and set them off to the reserves. Uche, Maclean and Damour are training with the first team as he sources replacements however they have been told they will not feature in his plans. They will definitely be gone by the summer.

Edited by Gorillajam

1 minute ago, Gorillajam said:

Mulraney, Whelan, Wighton and Berra all went and spoke to Stendel and articulated their disappointment but Stendel wasn't impressed and set them off to the reserves. Uche, Maclean and Damour are training with the first team as he sources replacements however they have been told they will not feature in his plans. They will definitely be gone by the summer.

Cheers for explaining 

2 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Each one correctly identified as being pump and shuffled out the door accordingly.

Well done Mr Stendel.

:smugger:

Brighton Jambo
20 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Then we will go down, Cochrane simply isn’t up to the standard required for us to start winning multiple games.  McDonald is better but it’s still a hell of a gamble.

i have no issues with both being back and in first team squad but if they both start regularly we will be relegated.  

13 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Has Whelan not been away since being dropped for hibs game ?

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How do you know we paid £250k for him? We have a range of £50k-£250k on here. 
He will also be paid below the average given his age and where he came from. I’d think £1,500 pw maximum for him. 
Regardless there’s no doubt we made a decent investment in him and it hasn’t paid off. But that’s football. This forum was very positive when we signed him so a good percentage of us believed in the investment. There’s no arguing that injuries have scuppered his 18 months with us and certainly messed with his confidence. 

What’s his age got to do with it, you said Clare would be in more because he came from England but they’re the same age? Age means nothing, if you pay money for someone they expect wages of someone in that bracket.

1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Has Whelan not been away since being dropped for hibs game ?

No he returned to training after it !!

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

No , if you don't like the answers or the questions you just jump onto something else , like a small child . Ah , ok then

Not at all, if you ever answer anything I will tell you if you’re right or not.

31 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

ok..but why they still training with first team?

I would guess because Stendel still sees them as capable of contributing to the first team, even though they are free to leave. Stop gaps and cover. The idea will be to replace them with new players brought into the club but in the meantime they're needed.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I would guess because Stendel still sees them as capable of contributing to the first team, even though they are free to leave. Stop gaps and cover. The idea will be to replace them with new players brought into the club but in the meantime they're needed.

yep but wouldnt imagine the players would be that happy with that

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

They might not be happy but they should be professional and realise they are playing for their future, wherever that may be

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Probably, but it means they've got the chance to play and show other teams who might be interested in their services that they're worth a punt. Also keeps them match fit.

Just now, Haken said:

They might not be happy but they should be professional and realise they are playing for their future, wherever that may be

yep

Just now, redjambo said:

Probably, but it means they've got the chance to play and show other teams who might be interested in their services that they're worth a punt. Also keeps them match fit.

it should

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What’s his age got to do with it, you said Clare would be in more because he came from England but they’re the same age? Age means nothing, if you pay money for someone they expect wages of someone in that bracket.

Don’t think I mentioned Clare but we didn’t pay a fee for him so are you suggesting Wighton is getting paid more than Clare? Or Smith or Uche? 

27 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Then we will go down, Cochrane simply isn’t up to the standard required for us to start winning multiple games.  McDonald is better but it’s still a hell of a gamble.

i have no issues with both being back and in first team squad but if they both start regularly we will be relegated.  

Tend to agree. Not convinced they will be first choices though. 

54 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Reckon Connor Smith will get more of a nod ahead of these two.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think I mentioned Clare but we didn’t pay a fee for him so are you suggesting Wighton is getting paid more than Clare? Or Smith or Uche? 

We didn’t pay a fee for Clare? Have you been on a desert island ffs 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈🤪?  
I’m saying that the agent of a player that signs for a certain amount will demand the wages of a player at that level, no matter his age. Does Mbappe get the same money as the guys his age?

Edited by Pasquale for King

wattie exploited
2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Mental isn't it? 

every one must be laughing at the mess we are in with him still here :rifle:

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m saying that the agent of a player that signs for a certain amount will demand the wages of a player at that level, no matter his age. Does Mbappe get the same money as the guys his age?

Wighton will be on low wages. I get what you're saying but didn't we pay a development fee for Wighton (minus something for Jack Hamilton). So that reflects the work/time put into developing him, not his current standard.

The stuff about Wighton is tiresome anyhow. His signing is not why we are where we are. We HAVE to take chances on these types of player, Sean Clare too. For the sake of 50-100k or so, it's worth it. If we didn't do this, we'd have missed out on Souttar, Webster, Levein, Andy Kirk, Temps and many others who cost us around that amount as young players still developing.

Other clubs do it. D Utd paid over 200k for Charlie Telfer not that long ago as development fee. Where's he now? We got decent money for Adam King who did nothing in return.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Hard to disagree. Cant see it happening this way.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We didn’t pay a fee for Clare. We signed him in September 2018 as a free agent. Feel free to use any emoji you like. 
The fee for Wighton was £50k plus whatever the value of the development fee for Jack Hamilton was. No idea what that was but in cash terms we paid £50k for him. 

Allowayjambo1874
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We didn’t pay a fee for Clare. We signed him in September 2018 as a free agent. Feel free to use any emoji you like. 
The fee for Wighton was £50k plus whatever the value of the development fee for Jack Hamilton was. No idea what that was but in cash terms we paid £50k for him. 

Google is your friend and this has been done to death.

we paid approx £130-140k compensation to Sheffield Wednesday for Clare which was felt to be a bargain as it was a cross border fee and if an English club had wanted him the compensation fee would have been much much higher.

Wighton came to us for £200k according to the courier in Dundee, I think the EEN quoted a’six figure fee’. 

Hamilton’s transfer fee was undisclosed but I recall a quote of £50k being mentioned at the time however  I cannot be certain as it was never actually disclosed.

8 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

we paid approx £130-140k compensation to Sheffield Wednesday for Clare which was felt to be a bargain as it was a cross border fee and if an English club had wanted him the compensation fee would have been much much higher.

Wighton came to us for £200k according to the courier in Dundee, I think the EEN quoted a’six figure fee’. 

Hamilton’s transfer fee was undisclosed but I recall a quote of £50k being mentioned at the time however  I cannot be certain as it was never actually disclosed.

Wightons transfer fee was never actually disclosed either.......

Allowayjambo1874

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Definitely, Courier said £250k and Edinburgh Live £150k. Hamilton would’ve been £50-70k tops. Who knows where he got the idea Clare was free 🤷🏾‍♂️?

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Wightons transfer fee was never actually disclosed either.......

200,000 was quite reliable but is academic in the scheme of things. It seemed a bit much at the time but in the overall picture it isn't going to make or break us.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Congratulations on being the only fan that didn’t know we paid a fee for Clare 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾. As for the rest you have no proof of that either.

Allowayjambo1874
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, Courier said £250k and Edinburgh Live £150k. Hamilton would’ve been £50-70k tops. Who knows where he got the idea Clare was free 🤷🏾‍♂️?

Daft question time. I take it tax would be paid on transfer fees so there would be absolutely no point in inflating the fees on two players going between clubs? If Wighton was valued at 250k (by CL and no one else) and Jack Hamilton valued at say £150k would it not be more tax efficient all round to say JH was a free and CW was £100k?

1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

every one must be laughing at the mess we are in with him still here :rifle:

Yep absolute shambles. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I might be in the minority but I reckon Uche has a transfer value - the club probably reckon so also hence why he hasn’t been Berradumped or Whelaxed.

132goals1958
15 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Daft question time. I take it tax would be paid on transfer fees so there would be absolutely no point in inflating the fees on two players going between clubs? If Wighton was valued at 250k (by CL and no one else) and Jack Hamilton valued at say £150k would it not be more tax efficient all round to say JH was a free and CW was £100k?

Doesn't matter as both are registered for VAT so the selling club are liable on the output tax eg gross transfer value 100k  made up of net £83.3 k  amount due to HMRC 16.7k. The buying club claims a similar refund of £16.7k  from Hector. The money is effectively being held on behalf of the tax man similar to PAYE and employee national insurance 

12 hours ago, CJGJ said:

he and Mulraney are training with the reserves..bye bye it is

Don’t get me excited, hope this true 

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I might be in the minority but I reckon Uche has a transfer value - the club probably reckon so also hence why he hasn’t been Berradumped or Whelaxed.

One snickers bars and a can of red bull ...... perhaps keeping him in case we do manage to get rid of the rest of the forward line , in particular SM , how we gave him a contract I will never understand ,St J, knew he was past it.

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

If we don't get rid of these players and our new signings don't work out for whatever reason we are in trouble, Terry butcher type trouble. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't believe Damour is on the hit list. I wouldn't expect him to be, despite a poor start, there is undoubtedly a proven player there.

If Stendel as good as most believe him to be, it should not be an issue turning him around with decent coaching, a player who should fit the mantra.

Damour being ditched would be a negative for Stendel imho, lazy perhaps.

Wighton, Mulraney, Uche, all of limited ability, I get that, Berra, too late in the day for him, and Whelan, a large enough wage I'm sure for not very much.

3.5 years on Damours contract, a key cog in a successful side as recently as 18 months ago, it would be negligent and lazy to tear that up so soon.