Wighton

Last Laff

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Please stop quoting him, he will never ever be wrong and always change the goalposts when stumped by asking yet another question.  I highly recommend the ignore function. 

I second that 👍🏽

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

• redjambo

He has turned Dundee Down because of wage demands..... beyond belief he thinks he is worth anything .... one of the worst players I have ever seen at hearts 

Totally useless player 

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

He has turned Dundee Down because of wage demands..... beyond belief he thinks he is worth anything .... one of the worst players I have ever seen at hearts 

Totally useless player 

It's all fine and well telling players they can find new clubs but they are earning good money here and this will make it difficult to move them on. This could also hamper us trying to bring new players Inn if we can't shift guys like Wighton. Once again thanks Craig Levein for the pile of shite you left us. 

PaulHartley10
5 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Totally useless player 

It's Dundee not paying enough.

We're probably trying to get 50k, every penny will help Stendel. But like you say, he's worth absolutely nowt.

Early days in the negotiations I suspect.

Heart's wanting a tenner and Dundee standing firm on a fiver.

Progress could be slow. 

25 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Totally useless player 

If your in his position would you accept a decrease in salary, especially if it is significant.

this issue will be the same with Berra

Can’t  fault the players. Short career so they should take as much as they can get 

Captain Canada

Keena is better than Wighton and he's just gone to a non-league team. I can't blame him if dropping wages is the stumbling block as he'll almost certainly not earn what he's getting from us at any other point in his career. 

It's a shame the way things have worked out for him but it was always a risky signing. 

Interesting that the Evening Tele, the paper that knows what goes on in Dundee, is saying that the fee for Wighton in 2018 was believed to be £100k 

Deduct the amount we received for Jack Hamilton’s development fee going the other way and it’s likely that we only spent about £50k cash on Wighton and not the much higher amounts that some of the other posters believe. 

Can see it being another year and a half until we get rid of all the dross levein brought in. 

Guys like wighton wont play at this level again so will sit tight until his contract runs out. 

Nucky Thompson
51 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

If your in his position would you accept a decrease in salary, especially if it is significant.

Can’t  fault the players. Short career so they should take as much as they can get 

In Wightons case it will be a very short career if he wants to hang around Hearts reserves for another 18 months rather than going somewhere else to play.

The guy is still young, surely he won't throw his career away just to pick up a wage at Hearts

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

In Wightons case it will be a very short career if he wants to hang around Hearts reserves for another 18 months rather than going somewhere else to play.

The guy is still young, surely he won't throw his career away just to pick up a wage at Hearts

You would hope not, for the sake of both parties.

Sometimes you've got to take a step back, and that includes financially, in order to take a step forward. Hopefully Wighton and his agent/advisers realise this.

2 hours ago, whytebeard said:

I imagine Berra is rather well-off. He spent years in the EPL and Championship so he'll have been on very good wages for a long time. Of course he's entitled to accept those wages if they're offered. However, being very possibly a millionaire at the age of 34 hardly puts him in a tight spot.

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Agree. Strikes me as someone who doesn’t have the confidence that he will get a move like this.

Complete wrong attitude to have as a youngster especially one who has received so much, IMO unwarranted, praise from individuals within the game.

Beggars belief that we signed him at all given his record. Typical of Levein to buy a dud and sign him up on dream wages.

there will be a few more like Wighton

21 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Beggars belief that we signed him at all given his record. Typical of Levein to buy a dud and sign him up on dream wages.

there will be a few more like Wighton

Could you tell us what the dream wage is ?

I suspect not and your post is just another silly attempt to stir matters

You have no idea what his salary is

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Going by Vanecek saying Motherwell’s we’re not enough for him and Wighton’s demands being too high for Dundee, I would suspect we are overpaying a number of players.

8 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Going by Vanecek saying Motherwell’s we’re not enough for him and Wighton’s demands being too high for Dundee, I would suspect we are overpaying a number of players.

With our budget we should be able to pay players more than Motherwell and Dundee would, so I don't see that as necessarily being a logical conclusion.

46 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

it’s a salary Dundee won’t pay. Which is his level . So yeah a dream wage

. look forward to your response

levein paid shite players too much so we can’t move many of them on. Wighton looks like yet another one.

he has scored 0 goals in 18 appearances. So tell me, how am I stirring matters ????

Edited by 1971fozzy

33 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Correct. 

Coburg Hearts
59 minutes ago, SectionG said:

I must have read it wrong. I thought it said Hearts demands were too high, not Wighton's?

7 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I must have read it wrong. I thought it said Hearts demands were too high, not Wighton's?

Good call. The Evening Telegraph article says "However, the Jambos’ demands are too high."

The position of that apostrophe is critical. ;)

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Good call. The Evening Telegraph article says "However, the Jambos’ demands are too high."

The position of that apostrophe is critical. ;)

That's a good spot, too. I just read Jambos' as Hearts, but if the apostrophe is one place to the left it changes everything.

20 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Surely we can’t be asking for cash for Wighton, he’d be lucky to end up part time, never a professional footballer 

Craig Levein and the hippy tried to 'boost' our low scoring squad with:

Craig Wighton

David Vancek

Steven Mclean

Aiden Keena

Uche Ikpeazu

24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Craig Wighton

David Vancek

Steven Mclean

Aiden Keena

Uche Ikpeazu

You’re up early i8. Shit the bed or something? You’ve missed out Cole Stockton and Connor Sammon 

People keep talking about players just sitting tight and collecting there earnings and whilst this may be true for the older players the younger players like Keena, Wighton and Mulraney this is a very very risky option for there career. If they sit in the stands for 12-18 months or more there match fitness and sharpness will reduce significantly (ask Aidy White) and will greatly reduce there chances of a future club at a decent level. 

14 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

You’re up early i8. Shit the bed or something? You’ve missed out Cole Stockton and Connor Sammon 

Wow! Forgot about them too! Abouda or whatever he was called too 🤦🏻‍♂️

23 minutes ago, red said:

You could could add Dario Zanatta to that list. 

On 09/01/2020 at 14:14, JamboAl said:

You're not paid to moan your tits off on here either but you do plenty of it, repeating the same guff time after time.

Everyone agrees it is the responsibility of the manager/chief scout etc and I'm sure everyone agrees they don't always get it right.  When you shop in the lower markets you can't always expect high quality goods but as I said earlier even Mourinho can get it wrong paying (near) record fees.  We are not alone..

Pogba has proven quality. While there may be other issues his football ability is not in question.  

Wighton is pish at football.

1 hour ago, red said:

That's a bit harsh on Dauda.  He had a scoring rate of 1 in 3 with us. And a lot of those appearances were off the bench.  Not had a better striker since.😂

1 hour ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Robbie Neilson signed them.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Craig Wighton

David Vancek

Steven Mclean

Aiden Keena

Uche Ikpeazu

1 hour ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Stockton, yes, but surely Robbie had to take responsibility for Sammon.

Could we add Dylan Bikey to that list?

49 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Stockton, yes, but surely Robbie had to take responsibility for Sammon.

Could we add Dylan Bikey to that list?

It took DS about 10 minutes to stamp these guys as shite. Make no bones about it that if Levein was still in charge our front 2 for Ross County would be Wighton and Mclean with Berra in defence head punting the ball every 3 minutes. We would lose and he would say to Ann he is fixing it and she would think he is doing a great job.

****ing frightening.

McPake was quoted as saying this has been going on since the summer......the financial side of things should have been all in place long before now.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Stockton signed whilst Cathro was the Head Coach.

For Jurgen Klopp's first few games in charge, Cole Stockton was in his squad as that is the shite Rogers left him. It is kinda similar now with DS.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Pogba has proven quality. While there may be other issues his football ability is not in question.  

Wighton is pish at football.

The £89m fee would seem to confirm that.

It matters not how much proven quality a player has.  If he does not display it then I'm afraid it's a bad signing and an expensive one at that.

14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

For Jurgen Klopp's first few games in charge, Cole Stockton was in his squad as that is the shite Rogers left him. It is kinda similar now with DS.

You’ve lost me.

Actually....

Think you may be confusing Stockdale with Connor Randall.

Which doesn’t surprise me tbh.

Edited by DH1986

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You’ve lost me.

Actually....

Think you may be confusing Stockdale with Connor Randall.

Which doesn’t surprise me tbh.

Ah yeah sorry. Too many shite strikers. I had Randall in ny head

I am sure I am not the first to mix up players in this Tsunami of shite Levein washed over us in the past 5 years tbf.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ah yeah sorry. Too many shite strikers. I had Randall in ny head

I think you might also be getting mixed up thinking Randall was a striker

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Robbie Neilson signed them.

I’m sure robbie was being worked up the back by his puppet master though. Will probably come out years from now that that was the reason RN left the club as he wasn’t his own man. Only my opinion though 

8 hours ago, SectionG said:

Agreed. 

Just now, Jambo Hardhat said:

I’m sure robbie was being worked up the back by his puppet master though. Will probably come out years from now that that was the reason RN left the club as he wasn’t his own man. Only my opinion though 

Robbie has said repeatedly that this is nonsense but people do love a conspiracy theory.

Happy to criticise Levein for his vast catalogue of blunders but blaming him for other managers abysmal signings seems silly.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you might also be getting mixed up thinking Randall was a striker

I'm getting mixed up thinking any of these ***** are strikers.

Just now, cosanostra said:

Robbie has said repeatedly that this is nonsense but people do love a conspiracy theory.

Happy to criticise Levein for his vast catalogue of blunders but blaming him for other managers abysmal signings seems silly.

I’m not blaming Levein for the actual signings but someone identified them and he definitely sanctioned them. Levein is currently to blame for the mess we find ourselves in and he’s been endorsed by the CEO. He’s had autonomy since he came here and all approved by AB. What other explanation could there possibly be for the circus that we have become of late? 

As a silver lining then the best thing that’s happened to us in a while is that we are bottom and in crisis. This has enabled us to get rid of Leveins ideology and his boot room, lackeys and fellow hangers on. It won’t be an overnight fix but thankfully Ann has woken up and realised that Levein is so out his depth that he’s been ‘working his ticket’ and been winging it the whole time. The saddest part is, the hard earned money that’s been needlessly wasted in pursuit of one mans ego. File Levein and Donald Trump under the same banner. All imho though!