Sportscene.

Harry Potter

All agreed that the Motherwell Hibs game was poor but they managed to put an end to end highlights together with chances for both.

The reality is that they're limited for time per match.   Once the goals were included in our match,  it looks very much like the remaining available time was allocated to cramming in as much Rangers friendly material as possible.    

Their manager admits they deserved to lose.    Most of their fans wont have any complaints.    You have to wonder then why there was a necessity to weight the highlights.    Maybe it's just an ingrained second nature.    

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, micole said:

An absolute disgrace , looked like there was only one team in it , and they LOST!!......were was the offside goal ...nothing, still feck them we won HHGH!!.

stats at the end show us with more possession and more shots on target (5 to their 2) yet highlights was all about the hun.  no evidence of the 'offside' goal must mean it was ONSIDE and a mistake was made by the officials.  1 mistake amongst many but we won and Gerrard at least didn't come out with any pish about how they were the better team blah blah, so I can at least give Slippy some credit there.
Onwards and upwards for oor Dan's Jambo Army!

HHGH FTH!

Just now, jamboiain13 said:

stats at the end show us with more possession and more shots on target (5 to their 2) yet highlights was all about the hun.  no evidence of the 'offside' goal must mean it was ONSIDE and a mistake was made by the officials.  1 mistake amongst many but we won and Gerrard at least didn't come out with any pish about how they were the better team blah blah, so I can at least give Slippy some credit there.
Onwards and upwards for oor Dan's Jambo Army!

HHGH FTH!

Trust me the offside goal wasn’t onside.

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Anyone know if the game is repeated later on Sky?

I can't see it listed for tonight. Here's hoping it's on at some point.

AlphonseCapone

That is some kind of weird joke. Made it look like they battered us and we got lucky. Certainly didn't feel like that at the game and the stats don't suggest that. 

Not showing the offside goal is bizarre. Surely worthy of a mention. The build up play was nice if I remember correctly. 

3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Trust me the offside goal wasn’t onside.

really difficult to tell from Lower T...christ I didn't even see the ball roll into the net...anyway my point was really about the mysterious decision by Sportscene to not show it or even mention it

William H. Bonney
54 minutes ago, graygo said:

Tell you something else, if that referee had been as bad but in our favour that would be getting highlighted too.

Getting highlighted? 
The match would be getting replayed. 

2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

You would expect to see it in highlights package no?

Never said you shouldn’t.

just commented that it was well off as a few posters seem to think it was onside.

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We do need to work on that back line a bit and our offside trap. I noticed our zonal marking is better at corners though. 

Unsure if it is. 

They won 3/4 free headers from set pieces. 

Really not a fan of it tbh. 

Hopefully back line will come, 

I guess the risk of the high press is the long ball. 

Hopefully we get in front in games and it's not an issue. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unsure if it is. 

They won 3/4 free headers from set pieces. 

Really not a fan of it tbh. 

Hopefully back line will come, 

I guess the risk of the high press is the long ball. 

Hopefully we get in front in games and it's not an issue. 

It's risk and reward. Liverpool get caught out through long balls too but that's why you need pace in defence and a keeper that is good at one v one's as well as sweeping. 

I'm sort the defensive line will come with more practice. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's risk and reward. Liverpool get caught out through long balls too but that's why you need pace in defence and a keeper that is good at one v one's as well as sweeping. 

Yeah, I think so. 

The set pieces are still concerning me. 

Ours are still shite tbh and this zonal marking is giving me the shits. 

We seem to allow them to win the header far out and defend the danger area with bodies. 

Second ball maybe an issue as well. 

Not a fan at all tbh, 2/3 opposition players unmarked gives me the fear. 

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. 

19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I saw Celtic getting caught out a few times against Ross County as well. You need to commit men forward and accept you will leave gaps - and trust your players to react and cover. 

Better than being timid or just playing percentage football and looking for a set piece. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I saw Celtic getting caught out a few times against Ross County as well. You need to commit men forward and accept you will leave gaps - and trust your players to react and cover. 

Better than being timid or just playing percentage football and looking for a set piece. 

Yep. That's why we are where we are. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, I think so. 

The set pieces are still concerning me. 

Ours are still shite tbh and this zonal marking is giving me the shits. 

We seem to allow them to win the header far out and defend the danger area with bodies. 

Second ball maybe an issue as well. 

Not a fan at all tbh, 2/3 opposition players unmarked gives me the fear. 

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. 

Its not cost us yet. (well it did v St Johnstone but that was the first game) We'll see how it Pans out. 

1 hour ago, Rossco said:

I can't see it listed for tonight. Here's hoping it's on at some point.

there's a 5 minute clip on sky catch up. not the same but better than nothing

Bridge of Djoum
On 20/01/2020 at 03:48, wavydavy said:

Jonathan Sutherland.

Wherever he lives I’d check his basement against the local missing persons list. 

Gorgie Boys are in town.
1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Not what they said. At all. It’s right when you’ve got Defoe and Aribo up front that you’d expect Rangers to do more damage.

I’m not Stewart’s biggest fan in any way and he was fair about the way we went about the game- he’s still a twat but credit where it’s due.

We gave Rangers a game and they don’t like Tynecastle. But let’s not kid ourselves on. We could have been three down at half time.

No, it is what they said. Watch it again.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

No, it is what they said. Watch it again.

Oh ok I’ll try. Pretty sure I grasped it first time round though.

ToadKiller Dog

Sportscene always do this when the Uglies lose ,they show the ugly chances all of them and only a select of the opposition.

Make it out as an off day for Rangers 

But who cares those who were at the game know the best side won.

Gorgie Boys are in town.
Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

Oh ok I’ll try. Pretty sure I grasped it first time round though.

We disagree then. No worries. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

I saw the game but so happy in Plymouth so I miss their greeting mugs on BBC Scotland 

Where’s your fav watering holes in Guzz? 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Its not cost us yet. (well it did v St Johnstone but that was the first game) We'll see how it Pans out. 

Aye, it just gives me the fear. 

Hopefully when we're banging in goals it won't matter. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

He was well off 

No one claimed otherwise. He was off. Still a very nice pass and finish though. 

Seymour M Hersh
31 minutes ago, Jambos4life said:

Still not on I player yet

That'll suffer a mysterious breakdown for the next few days is my guess. 

9 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Where’s your fav watering holes in Guzz? 

I like the Barbican. In my younger days used to go to Jesters but that is closed down now. What about you? 

I missed sport-scene

can anyone tell me 

did they show the offside goal???? 😎

On a serious note did they show the Halkett half chance header from Irving's free kick or Naismith's header from the corner that went wide?

Looked at the time like he took it off Souttar's head

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Class of 75 said:

I like the Barbican. In my younger days used to go to Jesters but that is closed down now. What about you? 

Been a while, mate but also enjoyed the Barbican. Boobs and Blondes, the Twigs on the strip. Corner House which is now gone. I did well with the landlords daughter there. RNA in Devonport. So many places. It’s a shitehole but great place for drinking with your mates. I miss Plymouth. 

37 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Wherever he lives I’d check his basement against the local missing persons list. 

👌🏻

17 minutes ago, gillsjambo29 said:

I missed sport-scene

can anyone tell me 

did they show the offside goal???? 😎

On a serious note did they show the Halkett half chance header from Irving's free kick or Naismith's header from the corner that went wide?

Looked at the time like he took it off Souttar's head

Did they show the one Goldson cleared off the line?

Fly the Saltire

BBC Scotland's highlights coverage of Scottish league is pathetic with very limited 5 mins max screen time of any game. A total disgrace when compared to coverage of a foreign league down south

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

👌🏻

Did they show the one Goldson cleared off the line?

Think that was the only one they showed other than our 2 goals.  

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

All agreed that the Motherwell Hibs game was poor but they managed to put an end to end highlights together with chances for both.

The reality is that they're limited for time per match.   Once the goals were included in our match,  it looks very much like the remaining available time was allocated to cramming in as much Rangers friendly material as possible.    

Their manager admits they deserved to lose.    Most of their fans wont have any complaints.    You have to wonder then why there was a necessity to weight the highlights.    Maybe it's just an ingrained second nature.    

I taped the highlights, but after reading this thread I'll be deleting them without watching. 

Hopefully Hearts don't use the BBC for their highlights, and there are also the SPFL ones, too.

There is something far wrong, though, when people are not prepared to watch BBC Sportscene because of its built in bias. It's just not right.

(Please don't call me paranoid as that just rubs salt into the wound.)

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I taped the highlights, but after reading this thread I'll be deleting them without watching. 

Hopefully Hearts don't use the BBC for their highlights, and there are also the SPFL ones, too.

There is something far wrong, though, when people are not prepared to watch BBC Sportscene because of its built in bias. It's just not right.

(Please don't call me paranoid as that just rubs salt into the wound.)

Don’t watch.

An abomination of a programme.

Shock, horror, Sportscene only show the Hearts goals, plus every single chance that sevco had, I'm not surprised,  that programme is as bias as the ref was today, ridiculous coverage.

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Don’t watch.

An abomination of a programme.

Cheers. I won't be, not good for the old blood pressure. 🙂

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

Never heard of Guzz so checked it out...interesting !

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/why-is-plymouth-called-guzz-1324867

TW

I was always told by the old salts it was the flags flown onboard when entering the port. I’d have to ask the boys involved in Semaphore to confirm that. 

Different Class

The highlights were made to look even more bizarre when they immediately quoted Gerrard admitting they deserved nothing from the game, then everyone in the studio in complete agreement with this, praising how well Hearts pressed all game, had the more possession etc. 

After showing our goals and 10 Rangers chances :lol: No close up replay of the challenge on Henderson either.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It’s the glaring fact they missed out in their ‘analysis’. The high press and high

defensive line has inbuilt risk and requires pace at the back...which is how Stendel set us up. But it allowed us to force the second best team in the league - who’ve lost one game all season - to play on the break. 

On the OP, it’s the first time I’ve watched this shite in a while and it’ll be the last. Made a game that we totally dominated - confirmed by Gerrard - look like a smash and grab.  While the ‘analysis’ focused on our lucky defending. Terrible programme  and Michael Stewart remains a ginger qunt.