Sportscene.

Harry Potter

11 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

The tackle on Henderson by Flanagan is on this. Seen reds given for similar 

With Henderson's pace, I'd say he was probably going to be clean through and if he wasnt, it was gonna be him and Boyce v one Rangers defender.

IMO Jack's tackle should have been a straight red. Came in recklessly and high.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
On 27/01/2020 at 00:23, Bridge of Djoum said:

These highlights cover most of it... bar the Flanagan chalenge.

They're shite anaw. 

No Halkett header, Boyce shot in 1st half or off side goal. 

We need a gif for Goldson falling over at the equaliser, it's a fantastic slip, right on his coupon. 

29 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

With Henderson's pace, I'd say he was probably going to be clean through and if he wasnt, it was gonna be him and Boyce v one Rangers defender.

Yup. Agree 100%

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Reporting Scotland with a long, in depth report on 0-0 draw between St Mirren and Aberdeen.

Not a mention of Hearts,

You sure you weren't checking the St mirren / Aberdeen match report? 

😁

14 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I naively thought, once Levein is no longer head coach, Stewart might get off hearts’ back, but nope. The ex rangers(original version) player sitting beside him was more positive than him. Such a weird man.

He craves notoriety. He’s one of these odd people who if you say black then he’ll immediately say white. His infatuation with Levein made this worse as far as we are concerned. You get the impression that he’ll always look for a reason to have a pop at us, especially if any of the other pundits on the show are positive about the club. As you say, “weird”.

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He craves notoriety. He’s one of these odd people who if you say black then he’ll immediately say white. His infatuation with Levein made this worse as far as we are concerned. You get the impression that he’ll always look for a reason to have a pop at us, especially if any of the other pundits on the show are positive about the club. As you say, “weird”.

Your first two sentences could very well relate to one particular poster on Kickback.

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Your first two sentences could very well relate to one particular poster on Kickback.

Not wrong there. Lol.

Brick Tamland
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Just one?

The Apprentice

To be fair to MS he shot down Kenny MacIntyre's cheap attempt to question who was making our signings when on the radio last night. Mind you if MacIntyre had carried out at least 2 minutes of research he'd have realised there was absolutely no reason to ask it! 

Brick Tamland
2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

100% this.

Said it on another thread that it was a red card and had it been Kent running through and Halkett dome him like Flanagan did Henderson then it would have been a straight red. The clip at 8.20ish shows Henderson was clean through Goldson wouldn’t have caught him. 
But Sportscene didn’t deem it worthy of a highlight. 

tartofmidlothian
19 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Also where's the highlight of the foul on our player about to go clean through on goal 1st half? 

19 hours ago, AndyNic said:

No, it was before that. 1 more touch and he's through on goal. Wheatfield stand side. Can't see it on the highlights but again only a yellow for their player

That's a good point, he looked clean through and it could easily have been a red.

45 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

To be fair to MS he shot down Kenny MacIntyre's cheap attempt to question who was making our signings when on the radio last night. Mind you if MacIntyre had carried out at least 2 minutes of research he'd have realised there was absolutely no reason to ask it! 

Despise these cretins.

Anything goes as far as we’re concerned.

Well **** them. **** them all.

47 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

100% this.

Said it on another thread that it was a red card and had it been Kent running through and Halkett dome him like Flanagan did Henderson then it would have been a straight red. The clip at 8.20ish shows Henderson was clean through Goldson wouldn’t have caught him. 
But Sportscene didn’t deem it worthy of a highlight. 

I know sportscene is poor but not to show a replay of this (obviously a pivotal moment for Rangers as Flanagan got hooked due to him being on a yellow) and Boyce's offside goal is incredibly bad from an impartial broadcaster. 

Ex member of the SaS

In the BBC highlights at Naismith's goal they say he scores against his old team. When Rangers went bust, Naismith left and made the comment something along the lines of: I have not left Rangers I have left Sevco. So once again the BBC once held as the pruveyor of truth lies to the public.

Just checked and he says " I haven't quit Rangers I've quit Sevco " and the sub comment is, Sevco isn't gers to gutted Steven

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

16 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I naively thought, once Levein is no longer head coach, Stewart might get off hearts’ back, but nope. The ex rangers(original version) player sitting beside him was more positive than him. Such a weird man.

Stewart was really positive about us on Radio Scotland last night. And he was really positive about Stendel too.

If only we had a game live on the BBC, where we could make our thoughts known to them.......

Time to sort out the anti-BBC chants for the cup match!

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

If only we had a game live on the BBC, where we could make our thoughts known to them.......

Time to sort out the anti-BBC chants for the cup match!

St Johnstone game is on BBC Alba but seems cruel as it is BBC Glasgow that’s the issue

2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Stewart was really positive about us on Radio Scotland last night. And he was really positive about Stendel too.

Just listened to the sportsound podcast and he was quite positive which is a happy change.

Thought he spoke well on the Boyd / Griffiths issue too.

10 minutes ago, kila said:

St Johnstone game is on BBC Alba but seems cruel as it is BBC Glasgow that’s the issue

Something in Gaelic then 

10 minutes ago, kila said:

Yeah, I don't mind the Alba football coverage and the half time stuff is decent.

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Yeah, I don't mind the Alba football coverage and the half time stuff is decent.

And the other half of the time we don’t know what they say :D

Blackie the Cat
I believe the Producer of BBC Sportscene is actually a Hearts fan or that's what Stuart Cosgrove said recently on an episode of Off the Ball and if so he obviously has no balls and panders to the Glasgow OF obsessed media. 
I had a look for his name on the shows credits however he's obviously so ashamed his name isn't mentioned on the credits....actually there aren't any credits which seems odd?

6 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

That's a good point, he looked clean through and it could easily have been a red.

There we go. One more touch and he's 1 on 1 with the keeper. If that's the other way around it's a red! Same old shite with these arseholes. 

Screenshot_20200128-164400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200128-164401_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200128-164631_Samsung Internet.jpg

6 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I know sportscene is poor but not to show a replay of this (obviously a pivotal moment for Rangers as Flanagan got hooked due to him being on a yellow) and Boyce's offside goal is incredibly bad from an impartial broadcaster. 

They aren’t impartial though.

Guest ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

There we go. One more touch and he's 1 on 1 with the keeper. If that's the other way around it's a red! Same old shite with these arseholes. 

Screenshot_20200128-164400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200128-164401_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200128-164631_Samsung Internet.jpg

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Flanagan tackle and Clare's red card tackle? Henderson is further out but why would that be an issue as the issue is was it a last man tackle where the attacker would have been clear on goal? In both cases another defender is just about level with the tackle.

Either way it's a very obvious talking point for a broadcaster willing to question decisions that go for OF teams vs the other teams. If only we had a broadcaster like that.

clarered.jpg

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Blackie the Cat said:
I believe the Producer of BBC Sportscene is actually a Hearts fan or that's what Stuart Cosgrove said recently on an episode of Off the Ball and if so he obviously has no balls and panders to the Glasgow OF obsessed media. 
I had a look for his name on the shows credits however he's obviously so ashamed his name isn't mentioned on the credits....actually there aren't any credits which seems odd?

I don’t watch Sportscene -  for all the reasons stated previously - but made a point of  watching Sunday’s game - the highlights and punditry. The highlights were a disgrace. Totally one sided. During the short interview with Stendel the match stats were coming up and showed we were better than Rangers in every aspect.

MS and ST were pretty balanced I thought. Both gave praise where due and raised some concern about the risk and reward pressing game which I share to be honest.

The main thing for me was that both MS and ST stated categorically that Hearts were the better team and totally deserved to win. Anyone watching the highlights package will have thought to two of them were a right pair of fuds for making that judgement, based on the highlights.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Flanagan tackle and Clare's red card tackle? Henderson is further out but why would that be an issue as the issue is was it a last man tackle where the attacker would have been clear on goal? In both cases another defender is just about level with the tackle.

Either way it's a very obvious talking point for a broadcaster willing to question decisions that go for OF teams vs the other teams. If only we had a broadcaster like that.

clarered.jpg

Both are red cards , you have to take into account that although on the photo the Last rangers defender Is ahead of Flanagan but is only a half step but the tackle had already been committed as you can see how far the ball has travelled.

That would suggest that when the tackle was first committed the last rangers defender would have been behind Flanagan  so therefore Flanagan was the last man !  red card !

Edited by One five

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, One five said:

Both are red cards , you have to take into account that although on the photo the Last rangers defender Is ahead of Flanagan but is only a half step but the tackle had already been committed as you can see how far the ball has travelled.

That would suggest that when the tackle was first committed the last rangers defender would have been behind Flanagan  so therefore Flanagan was the last man !  red card !

Yep, I think both tackles deliberately stopped a goalscoring opportunity.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

clarered.jpg

By slide tackling, Flanagan has made a genuine attempt for the ball.

My erse.  It's serious foul play as well as denying a goal scoring opportunity which is only getting an attempt away at goal.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

By slide tackling, Flanagan has made a genuine attempt for the ball.

My erse.  It's serious foul play as well as denying a goal scoring opportunity which is only getting an attempt away at goal.

🤣If anyone believes that then Flanagan should never play football again. He was nowhere near the ball, not even looking at it. Slightly worrying for a defender.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

🤣If anyone believes that then Flanagan should never play football again. He was nowhere near the ball, not even looking at it. Slightly worrying for a defender.

As was Jack's.

Yet again coverage pretty poor, plus they didn't even look at the penalty after showing the highlights, was it a pen or not? probably was, but very soft imo

presenter trying to talk up rangers window loans

aberdeen had 3 or 4 glorious chances in that game

'we have to look at Griffiths incident' said almost like an apology Aye, you do. Should have been off and no retrospective action can now b taken. Nice.

41 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Yet again coverage pretty poor, plus they didn't even look at the penalty after showing the highlights, was it a pen or not? probably was, but very soft imo

Didn't have a good camera angle 

Malinga the Swinga

Absolutely horrific editing to highlight a piece of mis-control by Uche and have a laugh at his expense. Was he the only player in SPL to make a mistake at the weekend. I highly doubt it, yet no one else's error will be shown.

That little ***** Sutherland couldn't wait to act like a prick and giggle. Really pisses me off when no discussion over a penalty yet they see fit to waste time on this.

our equaliser in stoppage time discussed at length about whether it was our throw in and whether Uche fouled.  No mention of the validity of their penalty 

22 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

presenter trying to talk up rangers window loans

aberdeen had 3 or 4 glorious chances in that game

'we have to look at Griffiths incident' said almost like an apology Aye, you do. Should have been off and no retrospective action can now b taken. Nice.

Retrospective action can be taken, it won't though.

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

our equaliser in stoppage time discussed at length about whether it was our throw in and whether Uche fouled.  No mention of the validity of their penalty 

what a surprise. Take it they concluded fat Tommy’s team were cheated