Sportscene.

Harry Potter

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, AndyNic said:

Right at Naismith's feet/in front of the defenders knee. 

Just seen it on the Hearts highlights. Unfortunately definitely off.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Was at work yesterday. Watched the Sportscene highlights last night and then watched the SPFL highlights today, then the Hearts TV video of our chances.

What an utter travesty. The official stats showed that we had 5 attempts on target to Sevco’s 2. You’d never have known that from either set of ‘official’ highlights. They must have replayed every single Sevco chance - I think the only one of ours they featured apart from the goals was the Washington miss.

The fact that Boyce ACTUALLY HAD THE BALL IN THE NET in the first half and neither set of ‘official’ highlights deemed this worthy of inclusion is just beyond belief.

Is that well known ‘Hearts lover’ Chick Young now chief editor at the BBC? 😏

I notice Hearts also having a go at the BBC 'highlights' with their link.

🤔 Scratching your head at some of last night's 'highlights'?

Watch all the chances created by the team who created the most opportunities - and won - here, for free ➡️ https://bit.ly/2uEfZN2

Big Slim Stylee
14 hours ago, Gorgie Boys are in town. said:

We disagree then. No worries. 

Fair enough mate. Just the way we see it. Not about to get too carried away yet 😀

SuperstarSteve
3 hours ago, Homme said:

It really wouldn't have.

They damn near had a whole team offside against us and it was given previously, what makes you think the officials won’t deliberately pretend they missed one player being offside to keep the title race alive? 

If that was rangers attack it certainly would have been given. 

AlphonseCapone

The highlights are marginally better but no commentary makes this significantly better overall. 

The roar when Boyce scores :sweeet:

I P Knightley
17 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That is some kind of weird joke. Made it look like they battered us and we got lucky. Certainly didn't feel like that at the game and the stats don't suggest that. 

Not showing the offside goal is bizarre. Surely worthy of a mention. The build up play was nice if I remember correctly. 

On Match of the Day or international matches, they tend to have disallowed goals in there so that the host can ask the pundit panel, "So, Alan, they had the ball in the net but do you think it was offside?" Just to get a talking point in the studio &, possibly, drum up a bit of needle. Very odd not to have had it in the highlights. 

I didn't watch for the analysis afterwards. Did they have interviews from any of the players or Stendel? Rangers still not giving interviews to BBC?

3 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Hearts TV highlights were braw, commentator and Jimmy Sandison  losing their shit, but didn't we all.

BBC sportscene is a joke of a programme

AlphonseCapone
20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

On Match of the Day or international matches, they tend to have disallowed goals in there so that the host can ask the pundit panel, "So, Alan, they had the ball in the net but do you think it was offside?" Just to get a talking point in the studio &, possibly, drum up a bit of needle. Very odd not to have had it in the highlights. 

I didn't watch for the analysis afterwards. Did they have interviews from any of the players or Stendel? Rangers still not giving interviews to BBC?

They spoke to Stendel, pretty short interview. And had the usual text on show of what Gerrard said. 

Just now, AndyNic said:

Also where's the highlight of the foul on our player about to go clean through on goal 1st half? 

if you mean jack on henderson, it was shown but nothing said about the assault from jack

18 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I just thought, will Alex Dyer make it to the end of the season at Killie?

I hope so :)

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

if you mean jack on henderson, it was shown but nothing said about the assault from jack

No, it was before that. 1 more touch and he's through on goal. Wheatfield stand side. Can't see it on the highlights but again only a yellow for their player

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Also where's the highlight of the foul on our player about to go clean through on goal 1st half? 

Henderson, with an open run on goal for a clear goal-scoring opportunity. It would have been a red at the other end. Also there was what looked like a handball in the second half by a sevco player that looked inside the box, did anyone get a better view of that?

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Henderson, with an open run on goal for a clear goal-scoring opportunity. It would have been a red at the other end. Also there was what looked like a handball in the second half by a sevco player that looked inside the box, did anyone get a better view of that?

I was sitting in G and Henderson was in had he not been halfed. Was incredulous with the decision to only give him a yellow. Mclean was absolutely disgraceful yesterday. Didn’t even try to hide his bias (whether it was intentional or ingrained in his mind remains unclear). 

Brick Tamland

I watched the full game when I got back after the match and they missed out loads of highlights most of them noted in this topic.

As well as the ones pointed out on here they should have been debating if Jack's foul on Henderson was a red - camera angle from behind shows it as a very reckless challenge with both feet off the ground and very late which in today's game is a red, they didn't show the potential red card when Flanagan fouled Henderson who would have been clean through and they didn't show the mess they made of the kick off after we scored.

BBC Scotland is a complete shambles of an organisation and Sportscene is a complete joke of a programme. Neither the BBC nor any of the diminishing papers seem to realise that if they dropped the Celtic/Sevco bias and treated every team as equal then there may well be an increase in viewers and readers. 

Like many I haven't bought a paper for years and years because I just got sick of 3 and 4 pages for each of the bigot twins and a column or two for every other team. 

Edited by Brick Tamland

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The highlights are marginally better but no commentary makes this significantly better overall. 

The roar when Boyce scores :sweeet:

Thanks for that, set me off again yyyyaaaassssss 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I watched the full game when I got back after the match and they missed out loads of highlights most of them noted in this topic.

As well as the ones pointed out on here they should have been debating if Jack's foul on Henderson was a red - camera angle from behind shows it as a very reckless challenge with both feet off the ground and very late which in today's game is a red, they didn't show the potential red card when Flanagan fouled Henderson who would have been clean through and they didn't show the mess they made of the kick off after we scored.

BBC Scotland is a complete shambles of an organisation and Sportscene is a complete joke of a programme. Neither the BBC nor any of the diminishing papers seem to realise that if they dropped the Celtic/Sevco bias and treated every team as equal then there may well be an increase in viewers and readers. 

Like many I haven't bought a paper for years and years because I just got sick of 3 and 4 pages for each of the bigot twins and a column or two for every other team. 

Well said, what happened at the KO we were still celebrating and missed it.

Bloody hell! I've just watched the BBC highlights again. what a F*****g travesty of reporting. Every incident which would give a balanced view of the game rather than make it looked like a fluke for hearts was ripped out.

Brick Tamland
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well said, what happened at the KO we were still celebrating and missed it.

He kicked it twice played it forward to Jack who went back the way so he took another touch first time I have ever seen it or even heard about it happening but BBC decided it wasn't worthy 

1 hour ago, rmreido said:

Hearts TV highlights were braw, commentator and Jimmy Sandison  losing their shit, but didn't we all.

BBC sportscene is a joke of a programme

BBC sportscene definetly old firm orientated,,,shite show tbh hun and tim Lovers totally   ,,,,,,,,

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Why do Rangers not give interviews to the BBC? It's not like they get crap coverage....

I'd forgotten the Flanagan tackle. Again ridiculous it wasn't at least shown/discussed. I've never heard of a disallowed goal  not being shown. 

Awful, biased refereeing also not highlighted at all. We all know, had it been the other way this would have been discussed ad infinitum. The Flanagan is a red if a Hearts player makes that challenge. The Jack one too, probably. I still think the offside would have been given although the Wheatfield lino was miles behind play all day

On 30/12/2019 at 11:06, Defender said:

He's saying historically the team that is last at Christmas usually goes down. It wasn't his opinion at all.

Don’t think any team in our position has signed Stendel, Boyce, Sibbick and Donis. Not forgetting all the players who have returned from injury and the new style of play. 

we will not go down if they keep this effort up. Never see a turn around like this! 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

He kicked it twice played it forward to Jack who went back the way so he took another touch first time I have ever seen it or even heard about it happening but BBC decided it wasn't worthy 

Hilarious 😂 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The editor was obviously still hurting when putting that pathetic attempt at impartial highlights together, the GBC at it's worse. I am becoming jealous of our North American cousins who have their own city TV stations to choose from!

They could have easily highlighted how Henderson's pace had the rangers defence rattled. Instead they went all 'Ziggy zaggy'. I really dont care  them talking us down if I'm honest, makes it all the sweeter.

58 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Why do Rangers not give interviews to the BBC? It's not like they get crap coverage....

Rangers haven't banned the BBC or refuse to talk to them, they have banned one of their reporters (Chris McLaughlin) and as a result the BBC refuse to send anyone to cover their matches at Ibrox or attend any press conferences.

south morocco
11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Rangers haven't banned the BBC or refuse to talk to them, they have banned one of their reporters (Chris McLaughlin) and as a result the BBC refuse to send anyone to cover their matches at Ibrox or attend any press conferences.

Theyve been doing it for years, the BBC still edit highlights to distort a true reflection of the match. Weegie xxxxxxxxxs

59 minutes ago, graygo said:

👍 cheers mate. 

Ex member of the SaS

I had forgotten about this, but there was an incident in their box when Soapy went down, possible penalty but he gave a foul to them.And yes there was a hand ball ignored too I am sure.

Sportscene is an awful programme now.

There's Jonathan Sutherland's intro, with Stewart and Thompson sitting in the background staring into space
like waxwork dummies.
the whole ambience is stilted and uncomfortable.

Then we had Stewart's extended analysis of the defensive frailties of Hearts' "high press" style.

It's as if the production team assumed before the match that a routine Rangers victory was guaranteed, and it would present an opportunity

for Stewart to highlight the risks of the system.
The result seems to have caught them out, but they decided just to go ahead with it anyway.

I've never seen a winning team be subjected to this type of post-match critique.

Ludicrous.

MarkDevriesScores4

I naively thought, once Levein is no longer head coach, Stewart might get off hearts’ back, but nope. The ex rangers(original version) player sitting beside him was more positive than him. Such a weird man.

18 minutes ago, jimbo99 said:

There's Jonathan Sutherland's intro, with Stewart and Thompson sitting in the background staring into space
like waxwork dummies.

Then we had Stewart's extended analysis of the defensive frailties of Hearts' "high press" style.

It's as if the production team assumed before the match that a routine Rangers victory was guaranteed, and it would present an opportunity

The result seems to have caught them out, but they decided just to go ahead with it anyway.

I've never seen a winning team be subjected to this type of post-match critique.

Ludicrous.

:spoton:

Reporting Scotland with a long, in depth report on 0-0 draw between St Mirren and Aberdeen.

Not a mention of Hearts,

20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

The tackle on Henderson by Flanagan is on this. Seen reds given for similar 

Any idea what time on the video? 

11 hours ago, The Roller said:

Watched Sportscene for the last time last night.

With the amount of good quality Vlogs around and also Hearts TV, there really is no need to watch that agenda driven garbage anymore.

The highlights pieced together were an absolute embarrassment. The analysis from Stewart and Thomson wasn’t any better.

Impartial? Yer havin a giraffe!!!

That's where i am. No more.

Over many years the weenie tv based companies have always favoured the old firm. Nothing ever changes just like years ago the Hearts v Hibs was on the 1st January  never had televised highlights it was always the Old Firm. Never be surprised by the Weegie bias as no matter how bad the Old Firm play they will always come first. 

Coburg Hearts
7 hours ago, jimbo99 said:

like waxwork dummies.

Ludicrous.

You make excellent points.

Coburg Hearts
7 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I naively thought, once Levein is no longer head coach, Stewart might get off hearts’ back, but nope. The ex rangers(original version) player sitting beside him was more positive than him. Such a weird man.

I thought when Romanov left the building the SMSM would give us a fair crack of the whip, but I was deluded.

No piont being upset over those simpletons , the agenda is clear for all to see . I love that the Rangers have zero to do with the BBC, but the BBC still cream themselves over the club that died 

Need sone songs like old times... andy walker your a anker type tunes to pundits that clearly have an agenda against us.

Michael stewart

Who gives a f...

We are the hearts

And we staying up