Sportscene.

Harry Potter

5 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Yeah that’s a problem for society not just football fans. Being offended is a profession these days for some. Would’ve taken half an hour to do some interesting analysis on hearts pre and post stendels appt yet all we get is what we all know already. If yer bottom at Christmas you’ll probably go doon. Well shockeroony, cheers for that chaps, who knew that................. well only everybody.

and those tools get a wage for that. 

And by by the way I’m not expecting it to be all pro hearts. If the analysis shows we’re going backwards, so be it. Just do something that’s not so bloody lazy. We pay for these cretins, and the likes of Dick Gordon and Willie Miller. None of them are good at their jobs for me or the sportscene bunch. Maybe Tom English aside but that’s it. Poor show

How did you get into that line of work?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

We need 2 more wins than Hamilton and St Mirren with 2 games to play against each. It's not exactly mission impossible. 

😉

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don’t think any of them are trained analysts. Ones a presenter the others are pundits, they give their option on all things football in a general sense.

You obviously have a good idea of what statistics or analysis you want so why don’t you carry some out yourself. You wouldn’t want to be classed as not being bothered or lazy would you. Someone who might want everything handed on a plate to them. Don’t be that guy.

Mikey is that you? So you don’t think there are a team

of people who put tv programmes together? Who might be trained in analysis. Or providing points of interest to talk about? I’m sure it’s all thrown together with Johnathon, Michael and Stephen with an iPhone 6 right enough. 

The threads not about the the standard of me it’s about the standard of sportscene and how poor a programme it is. Why would I need to be “that guy?”

You’re not really offering any valid points, you’ve just decided I should do more analysis on football than the national broadcaster whose job it is to analyse the football. Makes sense right enough. Thanks for that. 

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

The wee clown that hosts the programme, ( dont know his name, not famous)

thinks we will go down, he deffo dislikes us wee fool, asks Mike stewart if we will, No said Mike, wee clown ragin tries

to get mike to change his mind, again no from Mike,

Whats  that wee boy on, no mention of the bad ref,

Stewart showing his true Hearts colours. 👍

has anyone noticed Stewart NEVER ever says a bad word about Lennon - celtic were tactically inept yesterday - not a word.

never heard him criticise brown or lennon or jack ross.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

How did you get into that line of work?

I think you’re trying to label me as some kind of professional moaner or critic. Which I’m not. I’m merely pointing out the poor standard of sports programming for our national game.  Then you’re giving it yeah I know the programmes shite. You’re either very confused or desperate to argue online, anonymously, like a coward, making no real points but attacking and then agreeing with what’s said. There’s no mileage in engaging with you. Like I said before the threads about sportscene, not me. Your displaying some weird insecurities by trying to make it so. All very strange. Ethan Hunt indeed. 

I was more annoyed, not surprised though, that they spent 30 minutes on the Old Firm game which then left 30 mins for brief highlights and analysis for the other games. 

27 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

I think you’re trying to label me as some kind of professional moaner or critic. Which I’m not. I’m merely pointing out the poor standard of sports programming for our national game.  Then you’re giving it yeah I know the programmes shite. You’re either very confused or desperate to argue online, anonymously, like a coward, making no real points but attacking and then agreeing with what’s said. There’s no mileage in engaging with you. Like I said before the threads about sportscene, not me. Your displaying some weird insecurities by trying to make it so. All very strange. Ethan Hunt indeed. 

You need to take a chill pill.

The majority of people knows Sportscene is shite. You’ve posted that you think they should have had specific - in-depth - analysis which shows Hearts have improved under DS. They acknowledged that - both verbally and by showing footage - but you kept moaning saying they should have done more. I have pointed out your expectations are unrealistic, the people on the show aren’t trained analysts or experts but mere - in the case of MS and ST - ex players who are paid to give an opinion, which they do. If that’s not to your satisfaction then email the BBC and tell them what you want. Mind and dry your eyes first though.

If you don't like Sportscene or Sportsound don't watch it or tune in. I don't and life is just fine. I switch off sound on live matches and never listen to any of the pundits. Not interested in their opinions or thoughts. I can see what's happening and don't need overpaid sensation seeking nobody's to make a drama out of crisis for me. 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

You need to take a chill pill.

The majority of people knows Sportscene is shite. You’ve posted that you think they should have had specific - in-depth - analysis which shows Hearts have improved under DS. They acknowledged that - both verbally and by showing footage - but you kept moaning saying they should have done more. I have pointed out your expectations are unrealistic, the people on the show aren’t trained analysts or experts but mere - in the case of MS and ST - ex players who are paid to give an opinion, which they do. If that’s not to your satisfaction then email the BBC and tell them what you want. Mind and dry your eyes first though.

Why would it be unrealistic for a national state broadcaster to provide some form of insightful analysis? They manage it on sky, Amazon, bt and on MOTD. Why is it acceptable to you to have them not provide any other insight other than bottom at Christmas goes doon ye ken? We all know that. You keep banging on about nobody at the bbc knowing how to analyse stats? Are you serious with that question? Do you think news readers prepare everything they talk about? Or do you think there may be other people employed for such tasks? There by freeing up you, I mean Michael and Stephen to give their wisdom, instead of trawling through old games etc. 

What youre saying is you know sportscene is garbage but it’s unrealstic to expect it not to be garbage. Glad we had this chat. Now I’ll go away and dry my eyes right after you’ve done your bedsheets

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Very little was said.

Gollum asked if it was a deserved yellow card, the pundits said yes.

If you're asking if any words and phrases like simulation, cheat, "not in our game", disgusting etc. then no, nothing was said.

Now if it had been a Lithuanian wearing a Hearts jersey ......

What was said about the throat cutting gesture from him?

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Whatever said:

We need to keep in touch with those above us up to and including when we play Celtic at Parkhead on 12th Feb.

We then play Hamilton (h) St Mirren (a) Hibs (a) Motherwell (h) Livingston (a) Ross county (h)

That is our chance to get points on the board before the split.

And post split we play those down our end again.

Sorted

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

And of course you are entitled to that as much as he is or any other person, that's life.

But he is representing a national broadcaster which we pay for and is supposed to be unbiased. He isn’t and he’s not the only one.

Theres pointing the fact out and there’s gleefully going on about it

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It signified the game being over!!

3 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Why would it be unrealistic for a national state broadcaster to provide some form of insightful analysis? They manage it on sky, Amazon, bt and on MOTD. Why is it acceptable to you to have them not provide any other insight other than bottom at Christmas goes doon ye ken? We all know that. You keep banging on about nobody at the bbc knowing how to analyse stats? Are you serious with that question? Do you think news readers prepare everything they talk about? Or do you think there may be other people employed for such tasks? There by freeing up you, I mean Michael and Stephen to give their wisdom, instead of trawling through old games etc. 

What youre saying is you know sportscene is garbage but it’s unrealstic to expect it not to be garbage. Glad we had this chat. Now I’ll go away and dry my eyes right after you’ve done your bedsheets

*shakes head*

Has it ever crossed your mind that the product on Sky, Amazon and BT is better because:

1  - People pay premium rates for their service and have the choice to leave for one, all, or none of the other service providers. It’s called competition.

2 - The product they have - English football - is a better quality product than the shite we have in Scotland.

In the case of MOTD see point 2 and, the budget for that show is considerably more than Sportscenes.

I never said no-one at the BBC doesn’t know how to analyse stats. I said none of those on the show are analysts (or indeed “experts” as you called them). 

At no point did i disagree that Sportscene is shite so there was no argument there. BBC Scotland are only interested in the Old Firm. Even at that they do not apply the type of analysis you want to their games, they just spend longer talking about them.

I’m glad they don’t provide the analysis you want. It would have been even more murder to have them going in depth into how shite we’ve been for the last two years. The analysis they did give - mostly MS and mostly accurate - was bad enough.

Just now, Jamhammer said:

But he is representing a national broadcaster which we pay for and is supposed to be unbiased. He isn’t and he’s not the only one.

As I've said earlier had he said "i WANT hearts to go down" that would be different. He said he thinks we will go down and there is plenty reason for him to think that, he hasn't just randomly said it for the fun of it, obviously we hope to prove everybody who thinks that wrong.

24 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I don't think it was mentioned at all. The video showed it though.

1 hour ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Anyone got any odds in the bookies on us staying up? Would love to know what price we are. The bookies are generally more in the know than any sportscene presenter 

Other than cash wagered how would the bookies know any more than anyone? 

It's more about opinion plus form. 

Going strictly by previous form we should be odds on to be relegated. 

However the odds layers would be taking into account the the resources of the club to get out of the mire, such as injured players coming back and availability of funds in the transfer window. 

However everyone knows about these things so bookies won't know any better than you or me imo. 

14 minutes ago, TheStig said:

As I've said earlier had he said "i WANT hearts to go down" that would be different. He said he thinks we will go down and there is plenty reason for him to think that, he hasn't just randomly said it for the fun of it, obviously we hope to prove everybody who thinks that wrong.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/50942901

He never said he thinks we will go down.Even when asked by MS he never said he though so.

15 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Amen. Don’t you think him and others, particularly at the beeb are enjoying our “malaise” as he put it?

I certainly do

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Other than cash wagered how would the bookies know any more than anyone? 

It's more about opinion plus form. 

Going strictly by previous form we should be odds on to be relegated. 

However the odds layers would be taking into account the the resources of the club to get out of the mire, such as injured players coming back and availability of funds in the transfer window. 

However everyone knows about these things so bookies won't know any better than you or me imo. 

Agreed on your reply. What I should’ve stated was the bookies don’t know any more than us but are very shrewd with their prices. I don’t think they’ll have us favourites to go down given our resources. 

Never a  truer saying that there’s no such thing as a poor bookie. 

51 minutes ago, capital city said:

If you don't like Sportscene or Sportsound don't watch it or tune in. I don't and life is just fine. I switch off sound on live matches and never listen to any of the pundits. Not interested in their opinions or thoughts. I can see what's happening and don't need overpaid sensation seeking nobody's to make a drama out of crisis for me. 

I'm the same I just watch the highlights on you tube. 

We don't need these guys telling us what to think. After all we don't have pundits when we are actually at a match and we manage fine. The only thing TV football has over live football is the action replay. 

I do enjoy MOD from ENGLAND but only when I can watch without knowing the score and generally don't pay attention to the pundits. 

47 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Amen. Don’t you think him and others, particularly at the beeb are enjoying our “malaise” as he put it?

I certainly do

Probably are, all the more reason to prove them wrong.

He stated a fact tbh.

Stewart doesn't think we will go down.

I think we will stay up too.

Nothing really to get upset about. He wasn't saying he'd love us to go down.

Btw, I can't stand him at the best of times but nothing much wrong with what he said.

The whole tone of Sportscene is awful for non Old Firm stuff.

There's just no vibe or excitement in the show, no passion for our game. Wish they'd come up a fresh show staged out of Glasgow. In fact let BBC Alba do it as their coverage of Scottish football already beats the mainstream BBC Scotland.

Did anyone watch the match replay yesterday on Alba? At half time they had bits on the Hearts academy with John Rankin being interviewed, then they showed Aberdeen's new training ground. Given BBC Alba's budget and their general audience, the effort they put in is very noticeable.

Edited by kila

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, kila said:

The whole tone of Sportscene is awful for non Old Firm stuff.

There's just no vibe or excitement in the show, no passion for our game. Wish they'd come up a fresh show staged out of Glasgow. In fact let BBC Alba do it as their coverage of Scottish football already beats the mainstream BBC Scotland.

Did anyone watch the match replay yesterday on Alba? At half time they had bits on the Hearts academy with John Rankin being interviewed, then they showed Aberdeen's new training ground. Given BBC Alba's budget and their general audience, the effort they put in is very noticeable.

spot on. Enjoyed the extra insights. More interesting than listening to Kris Boyd or Willie Miller’s opinions 

4 hours ago, Whatever said:

You won’t be far away.

To put the task into perspective, we’ve accumulated 13 points from 21 games.

We’re going to need to double that points tally from 17 games.

A huge ask.

After the split it’s 5 games against the bottom teams playing for six points each game. Assuming we get our s@@t together by then, I’m confident of a good haul of points there to keep us up. 

been here before
31 minutes ago, kila said:

At half time they had bits on the Hearts academy with John Rankin being interviewed, then they showed Aberdeen's new training ground. Given BBC Alba's budget and their general audience, the effort they put in is very noticeable.

Aye I watched that this afternoon. Interesting and a bit different. Alba always do interesting half time things. Dingied Joe Lewis at the new Aberdeen training thing thought because it was Aberdeen- so **** them.

Worse was Clare being blamed for goal. No real analysis such as looking at the foul which led to it.

Its such mickey mouse. Like others have said, 30 mins on arsecheeks game though.

Any mention of songbooks? 20 teenage jambos got a full page spread. How about 60,000 OF?

5 hours ago, Defender said:

He's saying historically the team that is last at Christmas usually goes down. It wasn't his opinion at all.

He did say it with a real relish though.  It's  a consistent pattern with him over a long period.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I'm the same I just watch the highlights on you tube. 

We don't need these guys telling us what to think. After all we don't have pundits when we are actually at a match and we manage fine. The only thing TV football has over live football is the action replay. 

I do enjoy MOD from ENGLAND but only when I can watch without knowing the score and generally don't pay attention to the pundits. 

I've got fed up with MotD as well.  Use YouTube for goals.  Cant be bothered with a boring format and boring analysis.

If it's not Hearts, not really interested.

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

He didn’t do that though.  

I am all for criticising the Sportscene, Sportsound, and the Beeb. It has often be warranted, but not on this occasion. 

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

He didn’t even say that.  

He said statistically the team bottom of the table at this time usually get relegated.  They have the same chat on MotD and Football Focus most years.   Particularly if it has been one of the bigger sides. 

Hibs got off very lightly on Sportscene last night. I will not be surprised if they end up in the bottom six. They were brutal against us despite winning and got what they deserved against Livingston. A defeat.

2 hours ago, Paolo said:

He didn’t do that though.  

I am all for criticising the Sportscene, Sportsound, and the Beeb. It has often be warranted, but not on this occasion. 

Smirking like **** the goat. Same as that poseur Thompson.

At least they ginger ninja that is Mikey Stewart stuck up for us. Still can’t bring himself to say the “former manager’s” name though

RustyRightPeg

Just watched the highlights back on Sportscene and they've almost completely muted the crowd out.

Compare it to the highlights on the SPFL Youtube and the atmosphere is fantastic! No crap commentary, just pure crowd noise.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, Defender said:

He's saying historically the team that is last at Christmas usually goes down. It wasn't his opinion at all.

It's a good example of the thin, red top type analysis we get in Scotland though.

There's a big difference between us, with our resources, support, etc, being at the bottom of the table at xmas and the other teams that are usually down there. However, Hibs have gone down twice, as have D Utd, and Aberdeen nearly a couple of times so it's possible.

47 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just watched the highlights back on Sportscene and they've almost completely muted the crowd out.

Compare it to the highlights on the SPFL Youtube and the atmosphere is fantastic! No crap commentary, just pure crowd noise.

The Sportscene commentator is not at the game. Hes commentating on the pictures coming through to the BBC in Glasgow. Watch the whole game on the BBC I Playrer on the Alba channel and you get the proper atmosphere.

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Hibs got off very lightly on Sportscene last night. I will not be surprised if they end up in the bottom six. They were brutal against us despite winning and got what they deserved against Livingston. A defeat.

think they’ll end up bottom 6 too

7 hours ago, Steve said:

has anyone noticed Stewart NEVER ever says a bad word about Lennon - celtic were tactically inept yesterday - not a word.

never heard him criticise brown or lennon or jack ross.

He said Gerard had his number .

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The first Livi goal was comical.

10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

*shakes head*

Has it ever crossed your mind that the product on Sky, Amazon and BT is better because:

1  - People pay premium rates for their service and have the choice to leave for one, all, or none of the other service providers. It’s called competition.

2 - The product they have - English football - is a better quality product than the shite we have in Scotland.

In the case of MOTD see point 2 and, the budget for that show is considerably more than Sportscenes.

I never said no-one at the BBC doesn’t know how to analyse stats. I said none of those on the show are analysts (or indeed “experts” as you called them). 

At no point did i disagree that Sportscene is shite so there was no argument there. BBC Scotland are only interested in the Old Firm. Even at that they do not apply the type of analysis you want to their games, they just spend longer talking about them.

I’m glad they don’t provide the analysis you want. It would have been even more murder to have them going in depth into how shite we’ve been for the last two years. The analysis they did give - mostly MS and mostly accurate - was bad enough.

Well when I comes to terrible analysis you and the bbc are out in front. Like them you provide the most boring cliches. Can’t believe I’m even replying. All your posts do is repeat what you see. I see pretty much the same as you. I really don’t need you to tell me how things work or appear. I can look for myself. Other than that you add zero.  An argumentative, strange prick on the internet. Don’t be that guy. All very weird

1 minute ago, The Kdogg said:

Well when I comes to terrible analysis you and the bbc are out in front. Like them you provide the most boring cliches. Can’t believe I’m even replying. All your posts do is repeat what you see. I see pretty much the same as you. I really don’t need you to tell me how things work or appear. I can look for myself. Other than that you add zero.  An argumentative, strange prick on the internet. Don’t be that guy. All very weird

Ooooohh, somebody has been on the jungle juice.  

CavySlaveJambo

That one statistic alone is meaningless. 
How far they were adrift also has to be considered.  Having to win 4 or 5 games more will make things harder to pull of the great escape than the two games we have to win. 

Statistics can mean anything. 

30 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

That one statistic alone is meaningless
How far they were adrift also has to be considered.  Having to win 4 or 5 games more will make things harder to pull of the great escape than the two games we have to win. 

Statistics can mean anything

🤔

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, jake said:

The first Livi goal was comical.

Indeed. I've not seen it again but it looked like a hibs walnut performed a drag back on the line taking the ball over it for an OG. A split second later the Livi player blistered over but I'm sure it was an OG.