Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

PhoenixHearts

16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Up there with signing Fabio Borini from League One. Weird club 

To be fair, Borini did quite well for Milan. Utility player. Not like they brought him in as a starter.

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

To be fair, Borini did quite well for Milan. Utility player. Not like they brought him in as a starter.

I like him as a player. Works his socks off, but it's one of the most random signings of all time

Just now, rudi must stay said:

I like him as a player. Works his socks off, but it's one of the most random signings of all time

Julien Faubert to Real Madrid for me tops it

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Kelty Hearts I believe

So he'll have played for Hibs, Rangers, Celtic, and (Kelty) Hearts. 😊

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Motherwell have turned down a £700,000 bid from Hull City for James Scott.

The Tigers made the six figure bid on Thursday evening for the Scotland under-21 cap.

Makes you wonder how they can turn down that kind if money ,  on the gates they get ?    And the fact the boy could quadruple his wages at hull "

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Ye that was a good one. He even got the exciting announcement video, nobody was excited. 

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well I'm not mate hate media and journalists, hate Barry Anderson and Jamie Borthwick and the rest of them 👍🇱🇻

Jamie is ok, Bongo.

You can only think Stendel will try to get the best out of players like Walker and Damour in the 2nd half of the season.  If they don't measure up they'll be gone in the summer.

Surely it's in their self-interest to measure up.  Same with Walker and Macdonald.  Must at least improve their chances of finding a new club.

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry? Don't know if you are being serious here or trying to mock me, I can confirm I'm not Barry Anderson 👍

I know bud, only messing.  Can confirm you are about 3000 x more ITK than BAnderson

2 hours ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

In or Out?

In

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Eh?

MacLean 

Morrison

Doyle

Wheelan

Mulraney

Keena

Wighton

All left or out on loan. I'm sure I missed a couple, also.

Yes but 4 maybe 5 in plus loanees back in squad .

I know the squad is not as big as MS thinks but we are not , as yet , reducing it 

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

You can only think Stendel will try to get the best out of players like Walker and Damour in the 2nd half of the season.  If they don't measure up they'll be gone in the summer.

Surely it's in their self-interest to measure up.  Same with Walker and Macdonald.  Must at least improve their chances of finding a new club.

Walker & Damour will have sussed by now if they are good enough to feature, & if they’ve seen what we’ve so far then they are both going to have to up their game big time, even more so if another two or three arrive before the window shuts.

LarrysRightFoot

IT looks we are going to end up making a number of signings in this window, however, targeting players that have played for Stendel before (apart from Boyce obviously) should help them hit the ground running - I.e. they know his footballing philosophy. Just got get used to Scottish Fitba.

(Actually has Avdijaj played under him?)

52 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Bongo quoting everyone who offers thanks. Talk about banging your own drum...

I think hes just a nice lad. Thats it.

1 hour ago, Do The Dance said:

Prior to the season starting, the positivity on here, based on the summer signings, was saying just that.

Yeap on paper, I think we all thought the signings made sense. I think what Stendel (or another manager for that matter) is showing that with a different direction, some players perform to expectation.  

32 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Motherwell have turned down a £700,000 bid from Hull City for James Scott.

The Tigers made the six figure bid on Thursday evening for the Scotland under-21 cap.

They probably think if someone is prepared to pay 750k, then someone else will be prepared to pay 1.25m, sure it’s a gamble, but hats off to them for not taking which is only the first offer.

Remember Celtic were willing to pay £3m for Turnbull last summer.

very brave decision by Motherwell.

We will sell Hickey on the cheap unfortunately.

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Bongo quoting everyone who offers thanks. Talk about banging your own drum...

Strange comment tbh. 

He has been good with the info. he has given out. 

Maybe the guy is just being polite 😏

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Nah. Bongo was wrong. Once. Can't be a woman.

could be. 

Hadn't thought of this person until now.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aberdeen match. Arms outstretched in front of their fans.

Anyway, he's away. We move on.

He was more interested in the away fans and arguing with refs than  playing for us imo. 

Strange guy, delighted he has gone to be honest. 

SomethingAboutObua
10 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Yes but 4 maybe 5 in plus loanees back in squad .

I know the squad is not as big as MS thinks but we are not , as yet , reducing it 

I think Stendel wants the squad depth to be mostly to all made up of youth players, and spending more money on better players, as our starters, opposed to recent seasons where we have a mish-mash of guys who aren't really that exciting or special (eg pre-Stendel Bozanic) but still were consistently starting because our squad level is all fairly the same. By our signings, I agree there's been not as much trimming as expected, but it would seem he is wanting more youth in the overall squad (loan recalls, Henderson, Moore and Irving playing) and spending money on better signings to be starters (Boyce, Advijaj), as opposed to our last few years of spreading money among mediocre/unnecessary squad players where academy graduates could fit in instead (money on Wighton, signing Mulraney). 

By the end of this summer and start of next season I imagine our senior squad will be a lot smaller as contracts run out and players are more easy to move on, just need to see out the end of this season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aberdeen match. Arms outstretched in front of their fans.

Anyway, he's away. We move on.

Think I need a spreadsheet to keep up. Another remarkable turnover. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Did I forget to quote 😂😂 it’s been a long day, my bad. Kamberi to Rangers is pretty much a done deal, loan with Barker going the other way. Rangers also trying to get United to sell Shankland at the lowest possible price. 

That would be an awful piece of business for Hibs. Would that not leave them with one striker and a bunch of wide players?

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, sac said:

Walker & Damour will have sussed by now if they are good enough to feature, & if they’ve seen what we’ve so far then they are both going to have to up their game big time, even more so if another two or three arrive before the window shuts.

I wouldn't bracket Walker with Damour. Damour has come in and done very little. On paper, he had a fair few games with Cardiff so looked a fair signing, but the 4 year contract was a strange one.

Walker on the other hand was playing well before his injury and is still coming back from it - hasn't had too many games. He's a very dangerous goalscoring midfielder on his day that we'd be mad not to keep assuming he buys into Stendel's approach. Outwith Naismith he's the best attacking mid we've got, although with a different style, and I think we're all just waiting for Naismith to get injured again...

Edited by ToqueJambo

ginger jambo98
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That would be an awful piece of business for Hibs. Would that not leave them with one striker and a bunch of wide players?

Hibs very confident of getting McNulty back in before close of play tomorrow.

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

He can bang his drum as much as he wants. His info appreciated. 

23 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I think hes just a nice lad. Thats it.

13 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Strange comment tbh. 

He has been good with the info. he has given out. 

Maybe the guy is just being polite 😏

Bongo. Bang his drum.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

could be. 

Hadn't thought of this person until now.

A lot of detail but discreet in the timing and certainly well informed. 

Only a handful of people would know 

5 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Hibs very confident of getting McNulty back in before close of play tomorrow.

They really do have a limited scouting network 

ginger jambo98
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So just two strikers?

Think McNulty is going there whether Kamberi leaves or not. Boyle can play through the middle too I guess and a plethora of heidless chickens on the wing. Whatever happens though FTH !

Just now, jamtartan74 said:

Could someone please post an update on who we have been linked with today? Too many pages to sift through, cheers. 

Marcel Langer to sign tomorrow, plus a last push for Thiam and Herrmann

3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Could someone please post an update on who we have been linked with today? Too many pages to sift through, cheers. 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Marcel Langer to sign tomorrow, plus a last push for Thiam and Herrmann

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Cheers guys, interesting day tomorrow then 😁 .

Just got a wee inkling that there might be a surprise tomorrow along with the ones that have been touted on here.  In any case going to be an interesting day.

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

The 50 being all levein signings most likely

ANYWAY 

the damage has been done (also by his supporters on here)

We need to move on now. 

If you really think they are all Levein signings, then you have a short memory, my friend. Mo Berthe. Leigh Jenkinson. Darren Beckford. Ricardas Beniusis. Gordan Petric. Levein may have brought in more dross than most, but there have been plenty of useless players who signed for us over the years.

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

I think you mean Kilmarnock LEGEND Julien Faubert...

6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Just got a wee inkling that there might be a surprise tomorrow along with the ones that have been touted on here.  In any case going to be an interesting day.

Think the surprise could be a late bid or bids for Hickey 

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, Armageddon said:

Langer - could be an epic addition!

We'll know he's signed when the white smoke is coming out the tynecastle chimney.

Langer makes yer lum reek

Oxford United have tabled a £200,000 offer for Scotland star Stephen O’Donnell.

The English League One side are trying to do a deal with Kilmarnock before the transfer window closes.

The Us have also opened pre-contract talks with the 27-year-old.

United boss Karl Robinson wants O’Donnell to replace Chris Cadden who has returned to Columbus Crew after his successful loan.

Kilmarnock are considering the offer although Oxford have still to strike an agreement with the player.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I was one of them I was just fed up and frustrated. I didn’t and wouldn’t abuse her though that’s not on.

I tip my hat to her though she’s really backing him and she might just have pulled off something special appointing him. 

Not many would come on and front up, so well done, Jack.

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
#Hibernian have rejected an approach from #RangersFC for a striker Florian #Kamberi. The proposal was a loan with an option to buy however the Edinburgh club do not believe #Rangers have the funds to buy the player in the summer and see no point in parting with the striker.

Hate to say it -    but good for them.