• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

2 hours ago, Balernojambo said:

Might just be me but Damour has always looked slow as treacle to me.  No future at the club.

Yip, I'm sure we've conceded a couple of goals because he's pissed about in possession.

5 minutes ago, brux said:

Doubt hickey will be going anywhere until the summer, his value wont go up any unless he gets a scotland cap which is unlikely 

Think Hickey’s value is at a high just now cos his age means he’d be classed as “home grown” in England if he moves this window. Not so after summer. 

5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Yip, I'm sure we've conceded a couple of goals because he's pissed about in possession.

He seemed to cost us a goal every time he played.

6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Celtic and Hibs games at Tynecastle. Might have been another. 

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, brux said:

Doubt hickey will be going anywhere until the summer, his value wont go up any unless he gets a scotland cap which is unlikely 

Exactly going by SFA standards he'll be 30 before he gets a call.

Unless of ofcourse he moves to one of the ugle sisters he would then be fast tracked

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Here we go folks, the last day of potentially our best window in years! 

Buzzing. 

I'm pure dead excited n that. 

Hoping for a triple wammy before the window slaaaaams shut. 

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Unless of ofcourse he moves to one of the ugle sisters he would then be fast tracked

Reminds me of Tosh McKinley played well at Hearts and never got a cap then moved to Celtic and he's straight into the Scotland squad.

Wonder how much we can trouser for Damour.   Surely some mug in England with too much money will chuck a couple of hundred grand.     

2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

4 year deal. 🤦‍♂️

Ridiculous he got that long a deal. 

He has offered absolutely zero since he arrived. 

Stendel obviously doesn't rate him because he couldn't even make the bench on Sunday IIRC. 

Would free up a big big wage if he left. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic and Hibs games at Tynecastle. Might have been another. 

Motherwell League Cup, silly pen against Aberdeen in LC, probably the biggest disappointment of them all this season, looked a decent player, just half asleep permanently

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Motherwell League Cup, silly pen against Aberdeen in LC, probably the biggest disappointment of them all this season, looked a decent player, just half asleep permanently

And Neil Warnock rated him at Cardiff.

It's been strange. Just that extra bite and pace of Scottish football perhaps. And maybe he has under estimated the level. But Championship is tough too. Strange. 

Edited by Mikey1874

11 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

To be honest, Hickey could be lucky to ever a start for Scotland at LB wherever he ends up.

Assuming he actually gets fit, he’s got Tierney, Robertson, Barry Douglas and Greg Taylor as a minimum ahead of him. Douglas in particular is an excellent player and still only managed a single cap.

18 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

He seemed to cost us a goal every time he played.

The pace of the game has caught him out up here. It's not something that you can improve with coaching.

Hopefully we can move him on. If we get a fee even better

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

To be honest, Hickey could be lucky to ever a start for Scotland at LB wherever he ends up.

Assuming he actually gets fit, he’s got Tierney, Robertson, Barry Douglas and Greg Taylor as a minimum ahead of him. Douglas in particular is an excellent player and still only managed a single cap.

Barry Douglas unfortunately has had a very ordinary season. Struggling with injuries and form, he is a bit part player at Leeds these days

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's been strange. Just that extra bite and pace of Scottish football perhaps. And maybe he has under estimated the level. But Championship is tough too. Strange. 

Agree with all that but the weird thing is he just doesn't seem interested of making a go of it with us 😏

35 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

New year v vermin ?🤮🤮🤮🤮💩💩

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

New year v vermin ?🤮🤮🤮🤮💩💩

Yep, that one will stick with me. Just no awareness of how little time he has on the ball.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Yep, that one will stick with me. Just no awareness of how little time he has on the ball.

Total sickened,,, would have binned him for that solely !  But did it against Tim's too ,,earlier on !       Has to go  total imposter,   typical type of levein shite.......on a 4 year meal ticket !🤮🤮🤮🙈🙈🙈

17 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Hickey is that two footed that he could easily play right back. Not many better options than him at the moment, if any. 

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Celtic at parkhead. Turned on the edge of the box being tackled by McGregor who scored. The slowest and least aware player I've seen at hearts in my time as a supporter. Must have played around 10 games and cost us 6 goals in 6 different games that we can remember! 

Edited by cruzabic
Hit save accidentally

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Rated by another footballing dinosaur. 

There's a pattern forming here...

Yeah

Of course I mentioned him because loads of Hearts fans wanted him as manager 

32 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Wonder how much we can trouser for Damour.   Surely some mug in England with too much money will chuck a couple of hundred grand.     

Lets no haggle over it though, if they pay the petrol money and parking to the airport we should bite their hand off!

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Lets no haggle over it though, if they pay the petrol money and parking to the airport we should bite their hand off!

That would do fine ,and a brisk handshake " auf wiedersehn 👏👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🍺🍺🍺

41 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Exactly! No caps for him.... unless he plays for the OF of course 🙄

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Rated by another footballing dinosaur. 

There's a pattern forming here...

Damour was a key player in getting Cardiff promoted — so a dinosaur and a shite midfielder helped Cardiff get promoted out of one of the toughest leagues

People can say what they like but Damour will have a value/options down south or in France.

He will be seen by the wider football world as an effective Championship player who had a tough time up here for a relatively short period of time - the wider football world don’t view football through maroon tinted goggles 

Better players than him have struggled from moves from England to here

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Gimme an H...
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Damour was a key player in getting Cardiff promoted — so a dinosaur and a shite midfielder helped Cardiff get promoted out of one of the toughest leagues

People can say what they like but Damour will have a value/options down south or in France.

He will be seen by the wider football world as an effective Championship player who had a tough time up here for a relatively short period of time - the wider football world don’t view football through maroon tinted goggles 

That's all well and good but he's clearly dug shite.

So all the leavers

Whelan

Mulraney

Morison 

Maclean

Keena

With Berra maybe finding a loan

And

Avdijaj

Sibbick

Boyce

with maybe Langer and Thiam to come

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So all the leavers

Whelan

Mulraney

Morison 

Maclean

Keena

And

Avdijaj

Sibbick

Boyce

And just as important

Back from long term injury

Naismith

Halkett

Washington

Souttar

Under the floodlight
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agree, was playing in a team where no one seemed to be looking for the ball. Players getting into space allows quicker distribution and cuts out being caught in possession.

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

This.  Exactly right.

In slightly different circumstances,  we would never release him for no fee.    He absolutely has a residual value.    We might need to take the view that saving his wages to use on an incoming player outweighs the need to keep him for a fee in the summer.     But there's an outside chance of somebody wanting him now and prepared to pay a fee.    Bottom end of the Championship or top end of League 1.     

13 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

Celtic at parkhead. Turned on the edge of the box being tackled by McGregor who scored. The slowest and least aware player I've seen at hearts in my time as a supporter. Must have played around 10 games and cost us 6 goals in 6 different games that we can remember! 

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I have said it before but folk need to see past the Cardiff part of Damours career, he was a jobbing midfielder floating around the French 2nd and 3rd tier and some time in the Belgian 2nd tier.

He had 1 good season with Cardiff who bypassed the midfield a lot but other than that he has been, at best, a completely average player and that is me being kind to him.

He is simply not good enough and never will be 

3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And just as important

Naismith

Halkett

Washington

Souttar

Decent team  , there strongest we have had in a long time, could be promising....🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

And just as important

Naismith

Halkett

Washington

Souttar

Yeah. Vital and it seems to be coming together. 

Wonder if any surprise ins or outs today. 

Fitzroy Pointon
2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Decent team  , there strongest we have had in a long time, could be promising....🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Decent team who are buying into the new managers style of play.  

Exciting times.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I have said it before but folk need to see past the Cardiff part of Damours career, he was a jobbing midfielder floating around the French 2nd and 3rd tier and some time in the Belgian 2nd tier.

He had 1 good season with Cardiff who bypassed the midfield a lot but other than that he has been, at best, a completely average player and that is me being kind to him.

He is simply not good enough and never will be 

You might be right

Conor Sammon has made a fortune out of being shite

But if you have a good season in the Championship you will have other English teams interested in you if available - it’s just a matter of fact in modern/English football.

If we can give damour away and save ourselves from paying him for the next three years, that will be the best bit of transfer business we will do.

If we can somehow find another stupid club like Atlanta and get someone to pay a fee for him it will be unreal! 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So all the leavers

Whelan

Mulraney

Morison 

Maclean

Keena

And

Avdijaj

Sibbick

Boyce

Wighton out as well 

2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Decent team who are buying into the new managers style of play.  

Exciting times.  

It shows the strength in english championship ,when we can bring in the likes of boyce ,,sibbick,possibly thiam and others,   were doing ok ....👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Just now, Hectormasson said:

It shows the strength in english championship ,when we can bring in the likes of boyce ,,sibbick,possibly thiam and others,   were doing ok ....👏👏👏🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Agree.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

The same could be said of bozanic. I just dont rate Damour at all. Maybe he needed to get 10 games back to back to show his worth but players dont always get that chance to shine.

Damour is OK but far too slow to play in a Stendel team. If our defenders are all encouraged to push forward we need centre mids with pace to get back to cover counter attacks. Damour, like Berra, just can't do that.

In a team where the build up is slower and the defence is solid behind him, Damour could do a job. 

In other words he was a Levein type of player who needs to move on.

2 hours ago, Maroonjam said:

Mate that's why I hate this place at times, why the insult? So I'm clueless 🤔 Every player can leave at the end of their contract ffs everyone knows that but the boy has 18 months left. The point is other teams get more money when their profile is not any bigger other than being in England or on the continent. 

Wasn't directed at you and it's just my opinion obv . 

But  in your case what you're saying is such a random generalisation. 

Nobody knows from the outside what's going on with Hickey . 

What if he's saying that he's going nowhere until his contract runs out then Celtic or Rangers come  in and offer sweetie over the development fee  next year ?

You would most probably slaughterer Hearts when the reality is they've been shafted by the player and his agent . 

No offence intended it's not personal just my observation.