The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

7 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

Do you think Daniel even knows about Bobby Burns 🤔😉

Also is Gary Naismith still employed as loan Manager? 

Just random thoughts that came into my head! 

Random eh?

🧐

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

one signing not going to the hobos!

The first deal of transfer deadline day has been completed!

Charlton got things under way with a cheeky signing at just after midnight with Aiden McGeady joining the Championship side from Sunderland.

Edited by Newton51

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

one signing not going to the hobos!

Charlton got things under way with a cheeky signing at just after midnight with Aiden McGeady joining the Championship side from Sunderland.

Wouldn't have minded it. Apparently the wee lesbian is a bully.

7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The Hibs fans thought he was going to them.

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, dsk1210 said:

The Hibs fans thought he was going to them.

He could have, loan deal, if he/club were not asking for £10k a week!

7 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

We must all be seen as soft touches here. £10 million for the LB of the team in the relegation zone of a 24 team league in the English 2nd tier, £22million for the Genk guy, 6th/16 teams. 

Then players in this league like Kipre from Motherwell go for £900k, McGinn less than £3million now valued at £40mil+? Walker £300k, Kenny McLean to Norwich £300k, now linked with £10mil to West Ham, Liam Lindsay £300k then moved on for £2mil to be a sub, Cummings went for £900k from scoring in the championship. Not saying all these players are amazing and should be going for £40million, but £500k wouldn't even cover one players wages for a lot of these clubs and they can buy our players with even less.

We are getting absolutely battered with fees and guys leaving for free in this country and the more clubs let it happens the more we have to accept these low ball offers. 

Absolutely agree. It was when people were happy to sell Hickey for 1.5m. Yeah the boy is raw but any other club selling their star youngster would look for double that minimum. To me Wigan have set the bar now 😊

2 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Absolutely agree. It was when people were happy to sell Hickey for 1.5m. Yeah the boy is raw but any other club selling their star youngster would look for double that minimum. To me Wigan have set the bar now 😊

He could well end up leaving for nothing barring compensation.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He could well end up leaving for nothing barring compensation.

Exactly and this is looling more likely if he doesn't go today and probably back to Celtic. 

Some people are absolutely clueless. 

2 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

Cheers Bongo! Do you know if its a permanent or loan deal?

Final 6 months of current contract so if any good assuming he'll be our permanent player in the Summer if he likes it here

3 minutes ago, adam1998 said:

Final 6 months of current contract so if any good assuming he'll be our permanent player in the Summer if he likes it here

Is it confirmed?

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

BTW don't go about calling people Langer in dublin, you'll get your **** kicked for you.

Had to Google it! :lol:

Just now, Barack said:

Interesting that Hickey is "injured" and can't play or train...

:look:

Been spotted skiing at Hillend according to someone on the matchday thread. Maybe changing career 😄

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'll be surprised in all seriousness, if there's not a bid for him today.

Agreed but I think he will still be our player if it happens and we will be a fair few quid better off.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'll be surprised in all seriousness, if there's not a bid for him today.

There's been too much noise for it not to happen. I'm only speculating but I'd imagine the club have been hawking him around. I'd love him to sign a long contract but I feel he might not do that and am leaning towards the take what we can get now camp.

Maybe a bid has been accepted already. Announce it at the end of the transfer window. Tell people we have money and prices will go up!

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Maybe a bid has been accepted already. Announce it at the end of the transfer window. Tell people we have money and prices will go up!

There were a couple of posters, right at the start of the window, suggesting he was Man City bound and it was done. Also saying not announced for the same reason you said

33 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Exactly and this is looling more likely if he doesn't go today and probably back to Celtic. 

Some people are absolutely clueless. 

Mate that's why I hate this place at times, why the insult? So I'm clueless 🤔 Every player can leave at the end of their contract ffs everyone knows that but the boy has 18 months left. The point is other teams get more money when their profile is not any bigger other than being in England or on the continent. 

Edited by Maroonjam
Spelling

8 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There were a couple of posters, right at the start of the window, suggesting he was Man City bound and it was done. Also saying not announced for the same reason you said

Good points. 

Hopefully all sorted. 

There was some information about Crystal Palace 2/3 weeks ago as well so we'll see. 

18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Here we go folks, the last day of potentially our best window in years! 

Buzzing. 

Image result for popcorn gif"

So what can we expect today? 

Langer virtually a done deal. Just waiting for the scarf above the head picture.

Thiam loan deal back on.

Can we expect anything else?

Ainsley Harriott

Barry Anderson now saying Thiam's preference is to remain in England. Pretty sure he said the same about Stendel right before he joined us.

46 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

Is it confirmed?

Bongo said the following last night and had a few people message to say the same that it was 'done;, scarf above head needed for me :)

Welcome to Hearts Marcel Langer. 

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Barry Anderson now saying Thiam's preference is to remain in England. Pretty sure he said the same about Stendel right before he joined us.

He said His preference is to stay in England but keeping options open

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, bazman said:

He said His preference is to stay in England but keeping options open

Hoping his relationship with Daniel will be enough to swing it

8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

So what can we expect today? 

Langer virtually a done deal. Just waiting for the scarf above the head picture.

Thiam loan deal back on.

Can we expect anything else?

Herman on a pre contract? 

6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hoping his relationship with Daniel will be enough to swing it

We want players who want to be here, if he prefers to stay in England and is not committed move on.

8 minutes ago, brux said:

We want players who want to be here, if he prefers to stay in England and is not committed move on.

Agreed. It doesn’t sit well with me, the thought of a prospective signing joining us as a last resort. Doesn’t smack of commitment. Which in our position, we quite simply need! 

However, Thiam may well want to come here..Always take what the EEN reports with a bucket of salt 🧂 

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, brux said:

I’m pretty sure Banderson said the same about Stendel before he took the job

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’m pretty sure Banderson said the same about Stendel before he took the job

True, Stendel didnt realise the size of the club so maybe the same situation 

The vast majority of Championship players' preference would be to remain in England so wouldnt worry about that. Whether he gets any other decent offers is another matter. 

2 minutes ago, brux said:

Some players maybe don't realise appeal of Edinburgh either. 

6 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Hibs linked with Tony Watt. If he needs a lift to East Mains I’ll be free from 4PM. 

Hilarious if that happens after Hibs fans were seething on twitter when Watt was slagging them off recently 

Arthur Morgan
6 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Hibs linked with Tony Watt. If he needs a lift to East Mains I’ll be free from 4PM. 

At least he knows who the big team in Edinburgh are :verysmug:

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, brux said:

Here’s hoping it comes to fruition.

I'd love to see us sign Charles-Jesaja Herrmann.  Obviously I have never seen him play but Stendel seems to seriously rate him. It's been a while since we signed a "wonderkid".

Tom Hardy’s Dug
57 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Good point - but isn’t the football world as leaky as a burst pipe when it comes to info what with agents and the like behaving like fishwives with chat?

35 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Would make sense.

Also wondering though if we'd go back in for Hermann with more money to offer on the back of Hickey being sold if it was all agreed today. Time will tell

3 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

I'd love to see us sign Charles-Jesaja Herrmann.  Obviously I have never seen him play but Stendel seems to seriously rate him. It's been a while since we signed a "wonderkid".

The halcyon days of Dumitru Copil and Branimir Kostadinov!