Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Allowayjambo1874
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Knew I’d missed one. Ta. 

Sorry to be pedantic also Silva (I know hardly earth shattering)

Phil D. Corners
4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

IMG_20200131_074013.jpg

I thought the 4 year deals were to give some players a competitive package while not breaking the wage structure. 

i.e. 4 years at 4K instead of 3 years at 5K a week. 

For older player, Damour and Naismith, on their last contract it’s a good option. 

Seems that idea went out the window with Boyce who is rumoured to have broken the wage bill under Stendal. 

Had his medical paper work all done, will train with the team today. If anyone is going up today please give us an update cheers 👍

Working hard to get the other deals done will keep everyone updated 👍

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Had his medical paper work all done, will train with the team today. If anyone is going up today please give us an update cheers 👍

Cheers Bongo :)

2 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I thought the 4 year deals were to give some players a competitive package while not breaking the wage structure. 

For older player, Damour and Naismith, on their last contract it’s a good option. 

Seems that idea went out the window with Boyce who is rumoured to have broken the wage bill under Stendal. 

A rumour started on hibs.net !!!

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Damour is 29 (was 28 when he signed). I assume the 4 year deal was we thought we would be able to sell him on. 

Tbf most of us thought he would be a good signing based on the little we knew about him. 

But if DS doesn’t think he’s right for our style of play so be it. 

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Keep on drumming mate.

:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I think it also removes a little of the risk if it doesn't work out, as they can be moved on after a year or so if it doesn't work out.  Kinda like Damour.

Unless the player just decides to stay and take the wage obviously.  I genuinely don't see many real player doing that though.

Happens at other clubs too.  Lots of players not getting a game but still hanging around.  People think it's just us, but remember we are seeing things from a Hearts perspective.

5 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

What would sibbick be on at Barnsley? £2k per week? 🤷🏻‍♂️

We would pick up half of that as part of a loan deal ish.

Net effect is we have signed 2 good footballers for £7k per week.

Happy wi’ that 👏🏻🇱🇻

Just now, Lovecraft said:

I think it also removes a little of the risk if it doesn't work out, as they can be moved on after a year or so if it doesn't work out.  Kinda like Damour.

Unless the player just decides to stay and take the wage obviously.  I genuinely don't see many real player doing that though.

Happens at other clubs too.  Lots of players not getting a game but still hanging around.  People think it's just us, but remember we are seeing things from a Hearts perspective.

Remember Bob Baldie  (not correct spelling I know) sat in the stand for around 2 or 3 years getting 40k a week. 

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Captain sensible . Never last on here

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That'll do me.

larbert_jambo

These deals till end of the season all make sense. Been stung too many times with long deals and the players end up Michael Fish.

Hopefully with Langer and Donis there is first option to buy if they prove to be a success. 

All positive stuff and hopefully another one or two through today 👍

Edited by larbert_jambo

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20200131_103459.jpg

Have we checked this blokes not murdered someone and fled to Edinburgh.......... he looks a mean MF !!

Edited by Rudy T

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

These deals till end of the season all make sense. Been stung too many times with long deals and the players end up Michael Fish.

Hopefully with Langer and Donis there is first option to buy if they prove to be a success. 

All positive stuff and hopefully another one or two through today 👍

No need for an option to buy with either, they'll be out of contract and can do what they want. It's up to us to make an offer. Only Toby we might need an option on.

Punks No Deid
Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

Think I’ll call him Bernhard. 

I prefer Mr Sifters suggestion

Shanger

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Not sure about this one.

Me neither

Think he's more a squad player. Good luck to him none the less