The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, MrBones said:

Shouldn't be selling arguably our best player. Sibbick has played one game! Been caught out by that before with players signed in the january window, over rating them after a couple of matches only for their form to plummet as they look for their next move. Smith has proven his worth to the team

This 100%

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thought I definitely seen her at the cup game mate 👍

I was sat in the row just in front of the director's box and she wasn't there. Shelley Kerr was there 

Smith has been consistently our best player regardless of who our manager has been. I'd be disappointed if he leaves. However, if he's decided he'd like to move to settle down with his family then I wouldn't be opposed to us allowing that to happen as long as we got some cash for him.

15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I was sat in the row just in front of the director's box and she wasn't there. Shelley Kerr was there 

My apologies thought I definitely seen her 👍

Italian Lambretta
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

My apologies thought I definitely seen her 👍

Im interested to know why she has not been attending games.

Has she thrown in the towl?

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Maybe still on holiday.

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

The biggest coup of the transfer window would be learning we had an option to purchase Sibbick after his loan expires (sadly I don't think we do).

For me Sibbick looks every inch a future EPL player in the making.

Has been hinted in the Sibbick thread that there might actually be an option after all.

17 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Holidays in Peru, awaiting the pic standing in front of that famous mountain......

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

The start of another whole week......F5.......F5........F5.........it’s going to be a long week.

Aye, but a much MUCH more enjoyable week after that result yesterday, I just want games to come thick and fast now, and I haven't said that for a long long time! :D 

Smith has been a great signing but his time with his has been during some of our worst football served up.  I would definitely like to keep him in the squad but as others mentioned if the money is good then it would make sense to sell.  The only position I would have him in these days is centre back.

The Old Tolbooth

£900K would be an amazing deal for us, and although it would be sad to see Smith go, imagine what we could do with that money right now? It's a win win situation for us really with Clare adapting so well at right back. 

1 hour ago, MrBones said:

Shouldn't be selling arguably our best player. Sibbick has played one game! Been caught out by that before with players signed in the january window, over rating them after a couple of matches only for their form to plummet as they look for their next move. Smith has proven his worth to the team

yep

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Apologies if I’ve missed it but where is the £900k figure coming from?

No sure.maybe an unnamed source in an unnamed pub

Edited by Hearts007

Don’t want smith to go but if he fancies a move and DS has other targets to replace him then £900k is a great deal. If not offer him an extension and keep him. Win win. Looks like Sibbick is a player tbh and Clare is like a new player. 

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Apologies if I’ve missed it but where is the £900k figure coming from?

The boy in Greggs, as he was dishing out the vegan sausage rolls !

2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

I Like Vegans Spock was my favourite

Why is no one quoting my £27 million for Smith rumour. Came from the same source as the 900k one. I think we can all agree we’d rather have £27 million than 900k. He’s a 39 year old right back. 

Everything above is made up. 

6 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

In Lewis Capaldi we trust.

52 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Highly doubt that mate, maybe just taking a break away from things, she has come under a lot of stick and abuse at times this season 👍

12 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

I Like Vegans Spock was my favourite

nanu nanu  !

Italian Lambretta
27 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Amazing how many people on this thread believe this to be gospel even tthough there are no sources for 900k rumour. 

11 hours ago, sadj said:

Henderson has done well , i don’t think Moore is at the same level but when you think we could replace them with say Meshi/Washington and Donis thats potentially a step up in quality and them as back up.

See I thought Moore was better than Henderson yesterday. I like em both. Both need to be a bit stronger but playing games will get them there but think it’s gonna be one or the other, not both starting. I also think Stendel wants a strong bench which will have an impact. From his interview yesterday he was happy with the subs contributions 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Still on holiday. 

But but but she was summoned back early to quell the unrest and Stendel was gonna quit and nae support and Luhvine was in the dressing room wi Berra tying folks bootlaces together and that 

19 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

nanu nanu  !

Ork  not Vulcan

Edited by Jamhammer

SomethingAboutObua

Not trawling back through to find the original post, but Is the Smith rumour from someone reliable, or is this as made up as the John Murray leaving/Levein staying beyond next season crap we’ve been seeing? 

2 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Got to love this place, all that was said by one poster is that there may be a transfer out that we will be disappointed in and  one other poster mentioned £900k For Smith and it’s all suddenly became gospel! 

I can’t see Hearts turning down any kind of million pound offer for any player. I do think Walker’s on a shoogly peg as his involvement has been minimal and he’s not in any way stood out when he has played for DS. Also is Damour injured as he’s quietly slipped out of contention as well.

Exactly. A poster who I have never seen be correct in the past.

Smith is a good player and been our best player this season and probably last season too.

The Apprentice

If Smith does go then he can do so with his head held high.  A very good player who has never let the team down IMO despite how poor we've been for a chunk of his time here.  I'd like to see him stay as he's so comfortable in several positions but if the club can get a good deal then he goes with my best wishes.

Edited by The Apprentice

As has been said on here before, Smith is a great player to have in your squad because he can fill several positions and will consistently turn in 8/10 performances. Rarely in contention for MoM, but Mr Reliable.

On that basis, I’d prefer to keep him, but if we did get a decent offer (the possibly imaginary £900k would qualify) then it might be hard to turn down.

I think we can sell.    We've got born again hard Sean Clare and Hickey who can play RB and some good midfielders in Sibbick and Irving.    We might be in for another one to replace him.     That's a lot of money to balance the books...

And save us from liquidation.    Amirite Vermin?

3 minutes ago, Tyniestemper said:

Daniel Stendel: Hearts planning more new signings before transfer deadline - Money in place as manager targets another forward

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/daniel-stendel-hearts-planning-more-new-signings-transfer-deadline-1376401

Another striker must spell the end for MacLean and probably one of Uche or Washington unless its on a 6 month loan.

Glad we have backed Stendel, hes clearly made a huge impact since coming in.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Washington is going nowhere IMO. 

He was good when he came on yesterday and could easily play wide in a three pronged attack. He's probably not the goalscorer we all hoped but we have Boyce now so less pressure on that side of things.

6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Was really impressed with him when he came on. Chasing down and harassing constantly and looked a threat going forward. 

15 minutes ago, Tyniestemper said:

Daniel Stendel: Hearts planning more new signings before transfer deadline - Money in place as manager targets another forward

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/daniel-stendel-hearts-planning-more-new-signings-transfer-deadline-1376401

I love this attitude. 4 strikers on the pitch yesterday and he's after another one. I'm so passionate for this approach.

Just now, Taffin said:

We've got a lot of forwards already, surprised we are looking at another one. Surely a few must be leaving first?!

Team has been lacking goals and options for how long now we don't want options !

7 minutes ago, Homme said:

I find it mental that people would suggest anything other than Washington remaining a Hearts player.

Pace, energy and work rate. Daniel Stendel player in a nutshell.