The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Hearts of Vladland

Not sure if we are in for Milinkovic but his manager has said there is a player leaving them in the next day or so and it was between him and someone else. FWIW I think he’d be a great signing and would suit Stendel’s style of play.

Edited by Hearts of Vladland

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

I genuinely don’t like to see a return for a player unless it’s under circumstances where there’s an obvious benefit. Like Rudi or Robbo for example. But I don’t want to see Gordon back, didn’t want Lafferty back and even though we signed him didn't want Walker back. Milinkovic is probably one I’d say to some fans we need to move on from, but saying that if it were a choice between him and Walker I would take Milinkovic all day long. And as others have said his style of play (in an attacking sense) would suit Stendel’s style. Not convinced his tracking back would be suited though. Not convinced it will be our best option (no indication he’s coming back, he’s giving SPL stats, maybe he’s off to Kilmarnock or something) but I’m not completely opposed.

21 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I heard he told Berra to come to St J for six months and then go back to Hearts and finish his career here as Stendel would have failed and been sacked by then. Take it you heard similar @sadj?

Its Walker to St Johnstone or Inverness 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Manny1874 said:

Screenshot_20200126-075940.jpg

He knows we are seeking creative midfielders and wants to be considered??

21 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Any news on the outs? Personally like to see Doyle, White, Morrison, even Uche, and McLean moved out before the window slams shut 

Doyle is going nowhere unless just release until the Summer, he is injured or just on the wy back from injury and has told Stendel a couple of weeks ago that nobody will be interested in him until he is fit.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, gjcc said:

The bit he added...Along the lines of “ god willing we will do even better”

🤔🤔. Im hearing you.

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

He knows we are seeking creative midfielders and wants to be considered??

Its from an article which he didnt write but theres nothing wrong with that tbh. Wouldn't be the first time hes essentially been giving it the come and get me plea. 

pettigrewsstylist
39 minutes ago, brux said:

David Milinkovic... move on ffs. There are plenty of players out there, he went for the money telling us to do one.

We are all irked by rejection but we should only be interested in deal available today and whether thats good business for Hearts at this time. 

27 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I'd love to see milinkovic back, he's miles better than Walker.

Talking about Walker.......he doesn't seem to be the same player since he rejoined us.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, cameron79 said:

Its from an article which he didnt write but theres nothing wrong with that tbh. Wouldn't be the first time hes essentially been giving it the come and get me plea. 

Ah right. Thought he had added a bit. That was the bit i was focused on.

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Talking about Walker.......he doesn't seem to be the same player since he rejoined us.

hasn’t been the same player since six months before he left us!

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Ah right. Thought he had added a bit. That was the bit i was focused on.

Nah you're right. Nae bother, the bit in blue he did write I think. Makes a change from his kid in a Hearts kit I guess

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

The signs before his break were good. Just shown nothing since but not really had much game time. 

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Injuries have taken their toll on him. Cant see him improving unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Yep, seems to be a bit of a passenger atm. If he can't recapture some of of old form soon, I'd suggest we are wasting our time with him. 

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Absolutely this. I cant believe we were daft enough to bring him back. Stevie Wonder could have seen the guy was finished

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

He hasnt used uo his free settling in 40 game pass yet tho surely. 

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

Nah you're right. Nae bother, the bit in blue he did write I think. Makes a change from his kid in a Hearts kit I guess

We arent that attractive. If he is that genuine about wanting to be here then we should take a chat. We will need that level of commitmemt this yr. If the next 4 games dont go brilliantly then we may see some go into survival mode and waiting for May to do one!

Tennant's  6's
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Absolutely this. I cant believe we were daft enough to bring him back. Stevie Wonder could have seen the guy was finished

Definitely.  

Hopefully he's another one that moves on in this window.

Especially if the club still want to make more signings, then the deadwood need to go.

8 minutes ago, Section Q said:

He looked done before he even left us. Should never have brought him back in my opinion.

Hearts of Vladland
8 minutes ago, Section Q said:

He’s the same Walker that left us, he was very poor in his last season with us.

13 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

Re Bowie I think I’ve posted his before but he was recommended to Hearts about 3/4 years ago while playing for Glenrothes Strollers. Unfortunately we didn’t pursue it at the time. 

Too wee? 😀

The_razors_edge
11 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Imagine not getting the 14 year old tied up back then eh 😜😝😛 what were we thinking 🙄

Why bother sending scouts out to identify young talent if, when someone is recommended, you don’t follow it up? Or at least bring him in and have a look? Now if we want to bring him in we’d have to spend money and likely compete with other teams to get him. 

14 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

very much this. He’s not good enough for us .

Ainsley Harriott
9 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Definitely.  

Hopefully he's another one that moves on in this window.

Especially if the club still want to make more signings, then the deadwood need to go.

Sentimental Craig at his best

12 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Why bother sending scouts out to identify young talent if, when someone is recommended, you don’t follow it up? Or at least bring him in and have a look? Now if we want to bring him in we’d have to spend money and likely compete with other teams to get him. 

Kieron at that age although was good, wasn’t the strongest in his league. Therefore other lads got picked up before him. 

He really kicked on the last two seasons in the fife league before he got snapped up as he grew in stature and strength. 

19 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

He looked done before he even left us. Should never have brought him back in my opinion.

When there was speculation about him going to Rangers he had a spell of a few games where he actually looked like he was trying which hasn't happened very often.

I could never understand why Levein ever wanted to bring him back. Can't see him fitting into the Stendel style as it requires too much hard running and graft and that is just not in him.

His body language makes him look like he is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders.

36 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

🤷‍♂️ Wish I knew

It’s usually the reason given for not keeping/signing youngsters

1 hour ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Not sure if we are in for Milinkovic but his manager has said there is a player leaving them in the next day or so and it was between him and someone else. FWIW I think he’d be a great signing and would suit Stendel’s style of play.

Normally I hate it when folk go on about bringing ex players back but he's exactly the sort of player we need right now. One of very few ex players I would love to have back at Hearts.

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

I heard he told Berra to come to St J for six months and then go back to Hearts and finish his career here as Stendel would have failed and been sacked by then. Take it you heard similar @sadj?

Yeah mate that was the jist of it. If thats even got a sliver of truth its beyond pathetic.

2 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

Screenshot_20200126-075940.jpg

The bit in blue says "If God wants be can rebuild better". Basically a bunch of stats saying he was Hearts' best player in terms of "key passes" or "passes that led to a fire" lol, and was 3rd in the league for that stat, behind Allan and Candeias. Something about dribbles per 90mins too. 

The lad is choking on a move back to Hearts. Seen posts on his Instagram of him on holiday kicking a ball about, playing 5s and stuff, wearing Hearts shorts...

The reason I'd take him back is because he's desperate to be here and would give his all. 

Edited by mc2607

Milinkovic hasn't been at Hull since well before Christmas. He's been away training on his own in the south of France. You would think he'd still be here at least training with their 23's instead of playing 5's with his mates

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

FFS

I really hope he did say that!

Tommy, you now have had a couple of digs at DS' expense. 

If DS is not at Hearts in the future, he will have moved up a few levels, I have full confidence in him.

Tommy Wright = dick

Edited by Tommy Brown

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Its Walker to St Johnstone or Inverness 

We were credited with an interest in young Kerr at St Johnstone. Wright has been told that he must unload players before he can do anything in the window. I wonder if Berra, Walker or Maclean would be in the frame for a swap deal. 

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We were credited with an interest in young Kerr at St Johnstone. Wright has been told that he must unload players before he can do anything in the window. I wonder if Berra, Walker or Maclean would be in the frame for a swap deal. 

Unless we were chucking in money then no chance.

No point in swapping a better, sellable CH with an inferior worthless one.....

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Normally I hate it when folk go on about bringing ex players back but he's exactly the sort of player we need right now. One of very few ex players I would love to have back at Hearts.

agree, not sure what happened at hull but I always thought he was good in the games where we pressed high.. a bit erratic but I’d take him, no doubt

32 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

The bit in blue says "If God wants be can rebuild better". Basically a bunch of stats saying he was Hearts' best player in terms of "key passes" or "passes that led to a fire" lol, and was 3rd in the league for that stat, behind Allan and Candeias. Something about dribbles per 90mins too. 

The lad is choking on a move back to Hearts. Seen posts on his Instagram of him on holiday kicking a ball about, playing 5s and stuff, wearing Hearts shorts...

The reason I'd take him back is because he's desperate to be here and would give his all. 

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874

A few ex players pushing for a move back to us, one out of contract on the 31/12/19 his agent has made us aware, and the other out of favour with his club 👍🇱🇻.

Spot on👍 unlikely he will be back at us unfortunately will add to this later on 🇱🇻

Hope Walker stays and proves the doubters wrong. Good player to have coning off the bench at the very least.

He certainly won’t be going to Inverness 😂

24 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Kerr is a big Hibee

PaulHartley10

I don't think Walker has the hunger in him anymore. The only way is down unless he develops a better attitude and some desire.

I could see him at St Johnstone or Dundee Utd.

kingantti1874
Just now, PaulHartley10 said:

I don't think Walker has the hunger in him anymore. The only way is down unless he develops a better attitude and some desire.

I could see him at St Johnstone or Dundee Utd.

yeah, same could be said about a lot of our players and Scottish players in general.. they should be smashing the **** out of it in the gym but they clearly dont

12 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Signed a two year deal just last summer with Suso’s team. Not sure how plausible he would be in the summer unless he’s got a Haring style release clause for non-promotion. Or indeed a relegation clause as Tenerife are kinda struggling in the 2nd tier.

12 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Nothing came of it so far... is it still a possibility this window or in the summer?

He certainly looks like a great sweeper keeper... what is he like at stopping shots and catching crosses?

Edit: just watched the third video which shows him making a lot of instinctive point blank saves. Didn't see any crosses though!

Again, thanks for sharing the info. It's great to get some insight into the kind of players we are looking at even if it never actually happens.

11 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Are you saying we tried to get him this window but failed or that we are interested in him now. Bit confused from the post you quoted.

You imagine that if Berra wants to play longer and accepts he wont get as good a wage that Dundee would be a good move for him. Also keeps him closer to Edinburgh for his daughter (which I understand was a reason he came to us in the first place.)

We were interested in him, Barnsley and Stendel were interested In him during the summer but nothing came to it. 

CD Tenerife signed him on the 12th of July. 

If a deal is to happen it will most likely be in the summer 👍

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We were interested in him, Barnsley and Stendel were interested In him during the summer but nothing came to it. 

CD Tenerife signed him on the 12th of July. 

If a deal is to happen it will most likely be in the summer 👍

Assuming there’s no release clause and fee would have to be paid if we were to get him? Suso needs to have a word.

1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Norwegian striker in talks 

If true and not doubting it for a second then surely as has been said before means the end of Uche & Maclean.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Yeah mate that was the jist of it. If thats even got a sliver of truth its beyond pathetic.

Totally. Smacks of the good old Scotch managers not wanting Johnny Foreigner to come in and be successful.😂