Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Homme said:

Washington is going nowhere IMO. 

Winger for me, where he seems to do his bit for NI. Boyce at CF, Washington and him with Naismith in behind could be very good, well they were yesterday.

I'm more Henderson than Moore I have to say. Moore is doing well, but lacks a wee bit for me.

Any decent cash for Smith would be hard to ignore, amazed (actually I'm not) at the full 180 on Clare v Smith sort of thing. Truth is Shaun has not become a world beater overnight and if Smith stays he is hugely important to us, and still as a right back I'd say.

I hope we retire the LB position, simply a curse, we have used 5 in the last 3 games now

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, The Roller said:

Yet more money in place?

giphy.gif

400k needed just to survive the season though

:cornette_dog:

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We've got a lot of forwards already, surprised we are looking at another one. Surely a few must be leaving first?!

If Boyce or Naismith picked up an injury we’d be exposed again.. I imagine McLean is going, and I wouldn’t be surprised if walker left also

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We've got a lot of forwards already, surprised we are looking at another one. Surely a few must be leaving first?!

Steven Maclean can leave and nobody would know he's even gone. We need options. Stendel's style is going to put huge demands on the players so I don't think we do necessarily have a lot of forwards.

2 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

Steven Maclean can leave and nobody would know he's even gone. We need options. Stendel's style is going to put huge demands on the players so I don't think we do necessarily have a lot of forwards.

This, we've already seen him say that Garrucio (because he's just back from injury) needed his gametime managed and when we get to weeks where we have 3 games in 7/8 days then we'll need to manage players carefully due to the demands of high press style of playing

4 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

We've got loads of options imo...in the main, they aren't very good (or at least haven't been up to now).

I'm all for us signing more forwards who are better . I just think we need to get rid of some as well.

Currently we have the following who can or have played as a forward for:

Naismith

Uche

MacLean

Boyce

Washington

Meshino

Henderson

Avdijaj

Walker

Moore

LarrysRightFoot
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We've got loads of options imo...in the main, they aren't very good (or at least haven't been up to now).

I'm all for us signing more forwards who are better . I just think we need to get rid of some as well.

Naismith

Uche

MacLean

Boyce

Washington

Meshino

Henderson

Avdijaj

Walker

Moore

Whilst I agree some of the options aren’t great, the main problem has been not having a style of play that is conducive to creating chances or scoring goals. 

Seriously looking back over the last year under Levein you really wonder how we expected to win games. 

The attributes Stendel appears to be looking for in players are pace, tenacity and work rate (I think ability is a given). This means a lot of players MacLean, Walker for example are likely on a shoogely peg.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

23 minutes ago, Ribble said:

This, we've already seen him say that Garrucio (because he's just back from injury) needed his gametime managed and when we get to weeks where we have 3 games in 7/8 days then we'll need to manage players carefully due to the demands of high press style of playing

I quite like Garrucio.

Defensively he may not be the best, but he is always looking to get forward.

Kinda like a Tesco Value Jordi Alba.

5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I quite like Garrucio.

Jordi Aldi

6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I quite like Garrucio.

I like him too. 

30 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Naismith

Uche

MacLean

Boyce

Washington

Meshino

Henderson

Avdijaj

Walker

Moore

We've also played Morrison and Haring up front, against hubz

Edited by Busby8

Ainsley Harriott
44 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

I find it mental that people would suggest anything other than Washington remaining a Hearts player.

Pace, energy and work rate. Daniel Stendel player in a nutshell.

Lacks goals though. For a forward that's not ideal 

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Lacks goals though. For a forward that's not ideal 

In fairness he was unlucky not to score yesterday.

Given a proper run in the team out wide alongside Naismith and Boyce I can see his goal ratio greatly improving. 

46 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

400k needed just to survive the season though

:cornette_dog:

What's 400k when the benefactors are ready to put another mill in...

2.5 mill if they stump up for the final main stand fit out....

Key note .....zero knowledge on the above...

34 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Naismith

Uche

MacLean

Boyce

Washington

Meshino

Henderson

Avdijaj

Walker

Moore

Kingantti makes a good point in that we'd be back to being fairly toothless if Boyce or Naismith gets injured, plus there is no guarantee that we will be able to offload any of our goal virgins in this transfer window.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The clock is now ticking, down to 107 hours, but as ever things start to happen more quickly at this stage as necessity becomes the mother of invention

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Naismith

Uche

MacLean

Boyce

Washington

Meshino

Henderson

Avdijaj

Walker

Moore

not many of them can score goals this season though so far

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Naismith

Uche

MacLean

Boyce

Washington

Meshino

Henderson

Avdijaj

Walker

Moore

Henderson out of contract in the summer and we can do better than him and Moore IMHO. I rate Anthony McDonald more than Moore. 

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

not many of them can score goals this season though so far

I know...which is why i said:

"loads of options imo...in the main, they aren't very good (or at least haven't been up to now)"

Listen, if we can afford to keep all of those players from both a financial and morale standpoint as well as sign another one then I'm all for it.

I'm just surprised we are able to go sign another forward given the amount we already have and would have assumed we needed to get a couple out the door first.

We also need midfielders and defenders so I'm guessing our budget must look pretty rosey.

Roll on the transfers!!!

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Bristol City

Doubtful. Bristol paid £2m for Jack Hunt a right back just over a year ago who is ever present in their team barring injury.

jamboinglasgow
52 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

I wonder if we are going to go in with an increased offer for Charles-Jesaja Herrmann.

I do wonder that. Stendel has been trying to get him for a while and if we get rid of Uche and McLean a younger striker makes sense

The Smith rumour , could it be stoke that he’s heading for ?
if he is moving it might be the reason he wasn’t made captain like a lot of us thought he would . Anyway if he does leave he’ll go with my best wishes as he’s been a great player for us 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Is there anything more than a hunch concerning these michael smith rumours? Cant seem to find anything anywhere about interest or an offer. Would be a massive loss as he has been our most consistent player for several seasonsbut we are a selling club and if we get the fee mentioned its great business. Would need replaced before the window shuts id imagine.

Busby nets the rebound
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do wonder that. Stendel has been trying to get him for a while and if we get rid of Uche and McLean a younger striker makes sense

I think Uche still has a job to do for us.. Stendel deployed him perfectly yesterday. Was full of energy and a real hand full when he came on. Helped us hold up the ball and keep possession, created the chance for Washington that was cleared off the line, even stayed on his feet.  Another vastly improved under Stendel.  

23 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

Doubtful. Bristol paid £2m for Jack Hunt a right back just over a year ago who is ever present in their team barring injury.

Just what I'd heard, they may well see him as a 900k 3 for 1 offer in that he can provide cover for 3 positions

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
16 hours ago, sadj said:

Was she not at the cup game? 

I was told, morning of Airdrie game, she was in South America.

16 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The Smith rumour , could it be stoke that he’s heading for ?
if he is moving it might be the reason he wasn’t made captain like a lot of us thought he would . Anyway if he does leave he’ll go with my best wishes as he’s been a great player for us 

I think it was mainly the captain decision that people thought he might be on his way. He is building a new house down Bristol way but he is very settled at hearts. Could see stoke being interested with the obvious connection

17 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Not just potential player signings that were there Bongo? 😉

17 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well the Benefactors were impressed with Boyce and Sibbick 😉 

😂👍😁

17 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

Dale Tonge perhaps? His tweet suggests he was at the game. 

17 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😉👍

16 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Looking like it 👍🏻

tenor.gif?itemid=5474058

Manny1874   

Manny1874
  17 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Not just potential player signings that were there Bongo? 😉

17 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Curious.

But today showed Hearts at it's best. Atmosphere was amazing.

Dale Tonge perhaps? His tweet suggests he was at the game

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874
  17 hours ago, Manny1874 said:

Dale Tonge perhaps? His tweet suggests he was at the game. 

😉👍

2 out of 2 😉

5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5474058

👍🇱🇻 Cheers mate 2 out of 2 I'm on a roll 😜

Edited by Bongo 1874

If as suggested we have been offered £900,000 for a player in Michael Smith, who is 32 in September, I think it's very difficult for the club to turn that down. It's also the players' last chance for a big contract.

Much as I'd hate to see him go, from a financial perspective it probably makes sense for all parties.

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Another Striker!? 

I love this man. 

levein would’ve been shaking his head watching that yesterday. He prefers 0 up front .

2 hours ago, Jenks said:

Henderson out of contract in the summer and we can do better than him and Moore IMHO. I rate Anthony McDonald more than Moore. 

He's 19 ffs.

Let him get a run under an attacking forward thinking manager before you write him off.

He played well yesterday as did Moore.

Naismith also thinks so. I'm gonna take the opinion of our captain on this one 👍

I do agree that McDonald is a cracking player and tbh the youngster Smith is an even better youth prospect than the rest.

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

He's 19 ffs.

Let him get a run under an attacking forward thinking manager before you write him off.

Naismith also thinks so. I'm gonna take the opinion of our captain on this one 👍

I do agree that McDonald is a cracking player and tbh the youngster Smith is an even better youth prospect than the rest.

1 assist and 1 goal in his last 2 matches.

Also got that ugly ned thug hooked yesterday at half time.

51 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

If as suggested we have been offered £900,000 for a player in Michael Smith, who is 32 in September, I think it's very difficult for the club to turn that down. It's also the players' last chance for a big contract.

Much as I'd hate to see him go, from a financial perspective it probably makes sense for all parties.

Nah **** that. 1 billion pounds or gtf.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Just what I'd heard, they may well see him as a 900k 3 for 1 offer in that he can provide cover for 3 positions

You heard it because someone posted it 3 pages down. It was just a speculative guess because he's building a house in Bath :lol:

22 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

He's 19 ffs.

Calm bud. He did play well yesterday , totally agree but I dont think we will keep him that's all.

24 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

He's 19 ffs.

So many of our players seem to get written off and 17 and 18 by fans instead of being encouraged