The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Just now, sadj said:

Would love to go to Peru 👌🏻

However , can you imagine the meltdowns on .net and here if she was a guest of Ronald McDonald Gordon! Not bad enough LD seems to be benefitting from Gordon and HSL

Hsl? I’m lost, but she’s defo in peru.☺️

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Just now, gordiegords said:

Hsl? I’m lost, but she’s defo in peru.☺️

Hibernian supporters. Its on the they've started another thread about us thread👍🏻 Worth a read , but save it for when you need a laugh 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Henderson has done well , i don’t think Moore is at the same level but when you think we could replace them with say Meshi/Washington and Donis thats potentially a step up in quality and them as back up.

yeah totally agree! With talk of two more signings coming this week it’s going to be exciting times ahead. We have a team that look like scoring goals and exciting to watch! With options from the bench as well 

Nicholas Brody

900k for Smith is a good bit of business. 

I would hope that money is re-invested in the squad this week. We're certainly very close to having a very good squad. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

That would be a really good bit of business. As you say, Clare has nailed down right back, Sibbick looks decent as a ball winner. Smithys been a good player for us and rarely had a bad game but at 32, he's edging towards the end of his career. 

1 hour ago, andrew said:

A fair price for a 32 year old. He's been a terrific servant to Hearts in the shortish time he has been here.

Michael Smith is 31 ...

£900k is terrible money for an International player.

Just now, 5jambo1 said:

yeah totally agree! With talk of two more signings coming this week it’s going to be exciting times ahead. We have a team that look like scoring goals and exciting to watch! With options from the bench as well 

That bench today , forced as it was , was eye popping. Loved it. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

That bench today , forced as it was , was eye popping. Loved it. 

to think we finished the game with Boyce, Naismith, uche, Washington and Henderson all on the park with 5 mins to go 2-1 up v rangers. Attack the best form of defence! 

also with Clare and bozanic as full backs!! Imagine the thought of having that team out a month ago... 

12 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

900k for Smith is a good bit of business. 

I would hope that money is re-invested in the squad this week. We're certainly very close to having a very good squad. 

I hope we don't splurt the best part of 900k on last minute January signings tbh. 

We have the manager and the squad - give or take a player or two- to stay up. I'd sooner add to our summer transfer kitty and get proper value and a lot more options. 

Edited by Homme

Thumb Up Emoji

🇳🇴

Looking at any Norwegian players with a passing connection to Stendel 😂

Edited by Thumb Up Emoji

9 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

to think we finished the game with Boyce, Naismith, uche, Washington and Henderson all on the park with 5 mins to go 2-1 up v rangers. Attack the best form of defence! 

also with Clare and bozanic as full backs!! Imagine the thought of having that team out a month ago... 

We are seeing something different in our approach to games

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

Tbf, 

Boyce wasn't our player, Washington and Naismith where on the treatment table and Clare had been used as a fb! 

I get your point tho, we still had Donis, Meshino and Walker on the bench as well! 

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, bazman said:

He's started following and tweeting about hearts so it would seem that way. As you have connections any idea why budge hasn't been attending games?

If he joined soon then it just builds to our momentum. Another key member of staff who can help Stendel create the best team. 

This week will be interesting, I get a feeling it will start slowly then quickly build up steam.

If Sibbick can play centre half, we may not use what remaining cash we have left to get another one in, even if Berra leaves.

I think he'll want an attacking midfielder, maybe another striker and another winger. 

Guessing he'll try to move on McLean, Damour and maybe / hopefully Jamie Walker.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd be sorry to lose Smith but we signed him on a free. Since then, not only has he been our most consistent player but he has also regained his international place. If he moves for close to a million then that is better business than Mulraney and we won a watch with that sale!

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Michael Smith is 31 ...

Go on then, how much would you say is an acceptable offer for him? 

I’d hate to lose Smith as he’s our best RB but £900k is very good money for a 31 year old and I’m sure DS would invest the money wisely.

sidjamesbottle
6 hours ago, Homme said:

I hope we don't splurt the best part of 900k on last minute January signings tbh. 

We have the manager and the squad - give or take a player or two- to stay up. I'd sooner add to our summer transfer kitty and get proper value and a lot more options. 

Where is the Smith chat being reported ?

Smith is a great player but he's another guy who is a magnet to injuries. Just short of a million for him is great business. 

We definitely need a full back in though as I wasn't convinced when Sibbick went to left back.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

I’d hate to lose Smith as he’s our best RB but £900k is very good money for a 31 year old and I’m sure DS would invest the money wisely.

I would say Clare right now is showing that he can be our best right back.

Smith is/has been great for us, particularly during our horrendous run but I can't see Stendel dropping Clare for him so CM would be the place for him. We've now got Sibbick as a CM so 900k for a player who may not be a starter is maybe not that bad. 

If we can get Boyce for 150-200k, imagine who we can get for 900k!

fabienleclerq

I think it's probably up to Smith, he's definitely a player I'd prefer to keep around. £900k isn't exactly amazing money but if he wants to go or can earn wads more it's understandable. 

Smith can play RB, CB and CM and excel in this league so I'd really rather keep him than get £900k.

Yesterday showed we can play without him. I'd prefer he stayed too but 900k is a very decent sum all things considered. Either way I'm happy tbh, it's nice not having to sell for a change.

9 hours ago, tolcross lad said:

Harry Cochrane runs as if if on stilts and that is an issue

He was great in the 4-0 game we pressed the **** out of Celtic.Just got to get that young hungry Harry back.

8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Michael Smith is 31 ...

That's such a general statement it's almost meaningless. Look at Smith, his injury record, age and contract length and it's a decent offer. 

I would hate for smith to leave but if the rumours about 2 more incoming are true then, given that DS has already stated the squad is too big, I can see 4/5 faces leaving in this window. 

11 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Smith. It's to good a deal to turn down for both. But with Clare being so good and Smith getting no younger. Money will help rest of squad.  But it is upto Smith himself. 

Unthinkable as it was a few weeks ago, I'm actually struggling to see where Smith gets in our first choice XI, unless its in place of Halkett… and Stendel seems to have chosen Souttar/Halkett as his preferred pairing.

Sean Clare is now a level above Smith at right back and Irving/Sibbick are far better central midfielders.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Unthinkable as it was a few weeks ago, I'm actually struggling to see where Smith gets in our first choice XI, unless its in place of Halkett… and Stendel seems to have chosen Souttar/Halkett as his preferred pairing.

Sean Clare is now a level above Smith at right back and Irving/Sibbick are far better central midfielders.

We always seem to have injuries so he'd probably play every week. Before yesterday I'd have put him in beside Souttar but that is easily the best I've seen Halkett play.

10 hours ago, Jodami said:

It would be a blow to lose Smith but understandable if there is decent money involved. If Sibbick is the benchmark for the type of player Stendel wants to bring in then I would trust the management team's judgement though. 

The biggest coup of the transfer window would be learning we had an option to purchase Sibbick after his loan expires (sadly I don't think we do).

For me Sibbick looks every inch a future EPL player in the making.

Listen let's not talk Smith down, he will be a loss to the club if he leaves but it sounds like a move that suits all parties and 900k is fantastic - I'd trust DS to spend what he gets out of that well (some will go to making up season shortfalls I'm sure) 

Selling Smith is a bad idea. He plays well no matter what position you put him in so is valuable cover even if he isn't starting. Irving and sibbick will have off days so good to have a bit of experience to step in if needed. Keeping Smith covers right back, centre half and defensive mid. 

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Listen let's not talk Smith down, he will be a loss to the club if he leaves but it sounds like a move that suits all parties and 900k is fantastic - I'd trust DS to spend what he gets out of that well (some will go to making up season shortfalls I'm sure) 

£900k = 6 x Liam Boyce's!!!!

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That's such a general statement it's almost meaningless. Look at Smith, his injury record, age and contract length and it's a decent offer. 

I’ll explain it then shall I? It means that, in my opinion, £900k isn’t enough money for one of our best players.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I’ll explain it then shall I? It means that, in my opinion, £900k isn’t enough money for one of our best players.

Cheers. That makes way more sense.

Allowayjambo1874

Got to love this place, all that was said by one poster is that there may be a transfer out that we will be disappointed in and  one other poster mentioned £900k For Smith and it’s all suddenly became gospel! 

I can’t see Hearts turning down any kind of million pound offer for any player. I do think Walker’s on a shoogly peg as his involvement has been minimal and he’s not in any way stood out when he has played for DS. Also is Damour injured as he’s quietly slipped out of contention as well.

Edited by Allowayjambo1874

Joel 

Clare Halkett Souttar Hickey 

Smith Sibbick 

Donis Naismith Washington 

Boyce

Haring to come back. Moore, Irving and Henderson to continue developing and featuring when needed. White looking very good yesterday as well. Uche from the bench. Cochrane and MacDonald once up to speed..................

............Anyone know when the champions league qualifiers start 2021? Trying to arrange my calendar. 😂

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

I can't believe any Hearts fan would want Smith to leave, very surprised to see comments that he might not get in the starting XI.  Been our best player for 2 seasons imo.

4 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I can't believe any Hearts fan would want Smith to leave, very surprised to see comments that he might not get in the starting XI.  Been our best player for 2 seasons imo.

Incredible isn’t it. Clare is now a level above Smithy, ach that’s why we love KB!!

Dave McCreery's knee

As it stands, if no one else is coming in, I’d be happy with only Berra and McLean leaving, probably Brandon too and wouldn’t be bothered by Walker leaving.  A good deal for Hickey with loan back would obviously help finances. 

Suspect Uche, White and probably Damour can improve with good coaching. 
Sounds like there may be one or two coming in though and possibly a late bid for a 1st team regular. 

13 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Joel 

Smith Sibbick 

Boyce

Haring to come back. Moore, Irving and Henderson to continue developing and featuring when needed. White looking very good yesterday as well. Uche from the bench. Cochrane and MacDonald once up to speed..................

............Anyone know when the champions league qualifiers start 2021? Trying to arrange my calendar. 😂

Irving should be one of the first names on the team sheet as it stands. 

13 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Joel 

Smith Sibbick 

Boyce

Why on earth would anyone drop Irving?  He has been magnificent since coming back into the team against Aberdeen and the ball playing central midfielder we've been needing for years.

Smith is not remotely a central midfielder other than as an emergency back-up.  

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Incredible isn’t it. Clare is now a level above Smithy, ach that’s why we love KB!!

But he is!!

Clare has pace and athleticism that Smith just doesn't have.  Smith is a really good player, but the sky is the limit for Clare as a full back, with a bit more defensive awareness there is no reason why Clare can't play for an EPL side at some stage.

15 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Has anyone said that they do want Smith to leave?

Rudi Hates Hibees

Would much rather Smith stayed. He’s an important part of the team and we are definitely weaker without him as an option. 

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Why on earth would anyone drop Irving?  He has been magnificent since coming back into the team against Aberdeen and the ball playing central midfielder we've been needing for years.

Smith is not remotely a central midfielder other than as an emergency back-up.  

All fair. My point was more look at how much competition we have and how much difference two months have made. Irving has been sensational, as have all the young boys. I wouldn’t bat an eye lid if any of the 3 young boys replaced anyone in my starting 11. It’s class. 

Shouldn't be selling arguably our best player. Sibbick has played one game! Been caught out by that before with players signed in the january window, over rating them after a couple of matches only for their form to plummet as they look for their next move. Smith has proven his worth to the team