The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Well if they don't get the finger out and remove the deadwood that DS doesn't want then it may impact on the funding he has to bring in the players he wants.

Unfortunately that deadwood have stupidly long contracts. We either have to pay them off (some of it anyway) or not no one will actually sign the shitehawks. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

33 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

He would have been gash anyway........................

am I doing this right?

Unless he goes on to be a star at his next club, in which case you need to seeth at Lhevein/Hippie/Ann Fudge

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Unfortunately that deadwood have stupidly long contracts. We either have to pay them off (some of it anyway) or not no one will actually sign the shitehawks. 

Sadly true.   Be great to see Berra, Mulraney, Wighton move on soon and free up some funds. 

26 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Sadly true.   Be great to see Berra, Mulraney, Wighton move on soon and free up some funds. 

Mulraney will be gone with in the next few days !!

Edited by steve123

6 minutes ago, andrew said:

Scotsman reporting that we are after £1.7m for Hickey.

Move the . to rather right and sell 😀

3 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

His agent has removed his story that was quoting Donis instagram story with 🤫 emojis on it.

It goes away after 24 hours 

Hearts of Vladland
1 minute ago, bazman said:

It goes away after 24 hours 

Donis’ story was only posted 20 hours ago

Edited by Hearts of Vladland

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

A fair price for someone with 16 months left on their contract and who is refusing to sign a new one IMO, especially if we get a sell on clause.

Hopefully start a bidding war for Hickey with a loan back agreement. If we have 2 or 3 big clubs after him is it beyond the realms to push past £2mil with a sell on and loan back? 

21 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

Crystal Palace now linked with Hickey and happy to loan back according to sky. 

They would be an ideal club to sell to. If he makes it the only way is up for mega bucks. Man City on the other hand will always be selling to clubs with significantly less money and they won't be selling him as a success story if they were to. 

Loan back is a clincher IMO. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

They would be an ideal club to sell to. If he makes it the only way is up for mega bucks. Man City on the other hand will always be selling to clubs with significantly less money and they won't be selling him as a success story if they were to. 

And more chance of a decent sell on fee if he is successful at Palace win win IMO

Arguably a move to the likes of Palace could net us more money in the long run if we include a sell on which we have to.

Coburg Hearts
25 minutes ago, OTT said:

Like your thinking.

24 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Arguably a move to the likes of Palace could net us more money in the long run if we include a sell on which we have to.

Good logic

15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think it's a bit low, andrew. 

I hope you are right but I don't see it.

If he signed a 4-5 year contract I wouldn't be accepting less than £5m but clubs know we need to sell now before he leaves for nothing.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

On the top bit of wiki it says he played 40 games for 4 goals since 2017 but down the bottom sections it says he’s played 9 and scored 4. 🤷‍♂️

You cant believe anything wikipedia says football stats wise, best using transfermarkt 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/dominic-samuel/leistungsdaten/spieler/203784/plus/0?saison=ges

Screenshot-20200119-192210-Duck-Duck-Go.

1 hour ago, andrew said:

I hope you are right but I don't see it.

If he signed a 4-5 year contract I wouldn't be accepting less than £5m but clubs know we need to sell now before he leaves for nothing.

He's under contract 'til summer 2021, I believe, so we will still have 2 transfer windows after this one where we can sell him

Just now, sadj said:

So has this new lad arrived or not one person says yes one says no everyone else says 🤷🏻‍♂️

it would seem that he has arrived but will not be here until maybe tomorrow and that he has signed for us but not a contract or anything official

5 minutes ago, Gav M said:

it would seem that he has arrived but will not be here until maybe tomorrow and that he has signed for us but not a contract or anything official

👍🏻

1 hour ago, Musemic said:

He's under contract 'til summer 2021, I believe, so we will still have 2 transfer windows after this one where we can sell him

Transfer market says contracted till 2021

jamboinglasgow

Noticed today that on the outward loan front, though its not been announced on Hearts website, on the Cumbernauld Colts website it says Dean Ritchies loan has been extended till the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Noticed today that on the outward loan front, though its not been announced on Hearts website, on the Cumbernauld Colts website it says Dean Ritchies loan has been extended till the end of the season.

He has been freed I believe 

4 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Agreed but I'm sure I read that Palace were the 18th richest club in the world, or maybe 20th. Lets take some of the Parish cash...he can afford it.

2 hours ago, Musemic said:

His value is peak this window as he would count as "homegrown" to an English team. Soon as he's 18, that goes away. It's a big thing down there.

If we're resigned to selling, which we must be, he wont ever have a higher value at Hearts. Sell, loan back, decent sell on, the best we can hope for really.

40 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Scandalous hickey is valued at 1.7 million

Put him in England and you're looking at 5-10 million 

That's why we put in sell on clauses. 

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

His value is peak this window as he would count as "homegrown" to an English team. Soon as he's 18, that goes away. It's a big thing down there.

If we're resigned to selling, which we must be, he wont ever have a higher value at Hearts. Sell, loan back, decent sell on, the best we can hope for really.

Great Post TBO 👍

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

100%

What I cant understand is why we agreed to a 30% sell on clause to Celtic for Hickey. He was at Hearts as a kid, moved to celtic for 1 year then we took him back.

2 minutes ago, brux said:

What I cant understand is why we agreed to a 30% sell on clause to Celtic for Hickey. He was at Hearts as a kid, moved to celtic for 1 year then we took him back.

He was at celtic for 4 years IIRC

9 minutes ago, brux said:

It might be a complete myth. 

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It might be a complete myth. 

The sell on 30% for celtic has been widely reported unfortunately. Money for feck all!!

Hearts of Vladland
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The sell on 30% for celtic has been widely reported unfortunately. Money for feck all!!

It was quoted at lower before, then ever since it was quoted at 30% it has stayed at that, hopefully it is just lazy journalists going off other articles.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

A few others. Not all announced yet. 

I assume they are set for release? As in not immediately been punted but have Ben told that their contract will not be extended after May this year