Has Stendel lost the dressing room?

Satchmo

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We hadn’t lost at Tynecastle to St Johnstone in years. Hibs had just skelped them 1-4. We’ve not lost to Aberdeen in Edinburgh for a long time, that will be rectified on Sunday. 

almost sounds like you want us to lose. Wanting the man sacked after 4 games is beyond pathetic. 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• kingantti1874

• Jambo-Fox

• Enzo Chiefo

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

almost sounds like you want us to lose. Wanting the man sacked after 4 games is beyond pathetic. 

I’m shaking my head at every single post. I literally can’t believe my eyes I’m not kidding. 

99% of hearts fans backed Neilson 

They really didn’t. A sea change happened in the support when we lost to Hibs in the Scottish Cup.

How long would you give him? A few more consecutive losses and we could be in a situation we can’t recover from. If we spend a lot of money in January on players and coaches, then sack him later it’s even more of a mess. My it instinct says this isn’t going to work out for either party.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They really didn’t. A sea change happened in the support when we lost to Hibs in the Scottish Cup.

How long would you give him? A few more consecutive losses and we could be in a situation we can’t recover from. If we spend a lot of money in January on players and coaches, then sack him later it’s even more of a mess. My it instinct says this isn’t going to work out for either party.

I’d at least give him a chance for god sake.. he’s not ****ing Jesus.. summer at least.

The_razors_edge

Totally bizarre. It’s almost like the last 12 months didn’t happen and the last 4 results have been in contrast to what has gone before.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

We'll just have to wait and see then, won't we. Alea iacta est - the die is cast. We should definitely give him the transfer window and a good number of games after that. If no improvement in results is forthcoming and it's still possible to escape relegation then we'll need to get an emergency Red Adair-type figure in for the last few games. But that really is looking into the future and assuming how it may transpire - it's good to plan for all outcomes but it shouldn't influence what we do at the moment. To sack Stendel after 4 games given the state of what he inherited is very much premature and misguided, imo.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Not so. 

It is so, think the poll on here was very much behind Robbie, and in the real world it was much greater.. I was at there on plane day and virtually everyone to a man sung his name.. and he pussied out on us to a diddy team at the drop of a hat.. 

he made an absolute ***** of that semi, “with his words” afterwards more than anything and lost the loony element.. but who cares? He could have won them back by putting it right instead of running away.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Totally bizarre. It’s almost like the last 12 months didn’t happen and the last 4 results have been in contrast to what has gone before.

I’d rather watch the hearts team that I’ve watched for the last 3 games than the 2 years of pish that proceeded it

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d at least give him a chance for god sake.. he’s not ****ing Jesus.. summer at least.

That’s the issue at hand though. By coming in and losing four games, two to relegation rivals, we now have no time to work with. If we’re bottom at the end of February or March or April does he stay? Hopefully a few quality additions can see us win games after the January break but a complete inability to get anything out of the existing squad is very alarming.

I’d rather watch the hearts team that I’ve watched for the last 3 games than the 2 years of pish that proceeded it

I’d be interested to know if Mr E attends Hearts games on a regular basis.

His arguments are all very stat based.

The_razors_edge

That’s the issue at hand though. By coming in and losing four games, two to relegation rivals, we now have no time to work with. If we’re bottom at the end of February or March or April does he stay? Hopefully a few quality additions can see us win games after the January break but a complete inability to get anything out of the existing squad is very alarming.

Not really that alarming given CL and AM couldn’t get anything out of them either, over a considerably longer period of time. 

The players are a total disgrace total shamble not one of them care about playing for the jersey they can all fcuk off apart fa smith hacket soutter would keep hickey but I think he’s been sold all ready to Man City. get Cochrane McDonald lee bk. make bid for Gordon lafferty Lyndsey do bit of business with swap deals get rid of the dead wood wage thief’s out off the club we all love before it’s to late in Stendel I believe 

4 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Not really that alarming given CL and AM couldn’t get anything out of them either, over a considerably longer period of time. 

They did though, didn’t they? MacPhee managed a 5-2 win over St Mirren and a draw with Livingston. That’s 4 points and 5 goals more than Stendel has accumulated. Levein beat everyone except Rangers, on multiple occasions. I would have expected Stendel to at least match MacPhee given the favourable run of games he was presented with. Our next two, post winter break, Premiership fixtures are Ross County away and Rangers at Tynecastle. How many points will that yield?

Edited by Mr Elwood P

kingantti1874

They are a poor squad, reminds me of the Tommy Mclean team, decent on paper but something badly wrong, no guts, no leaders, no quality, defensive mistakes, no goal scorers, 3 frankly horrible goalkeepers.. we were favourites to go down before he arrived, the least amount of points of any team in the 12 months preceding his arrival.. if we avoid relegation he will have done well..

and the club have brought him in after sitting on their arse for 6/7 weeks 🤦‍♂️ Remember how people said this strategy was fine 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂  and then after we’ve brought him in we’ve left the failures that proceeded him in a role and not given him any help. I said at the start Stendel was my first choice, but if we had any insight at all it would take 6 weeks we should have moved to next target..  Anne budge has ****ed this - the blame lies with her 100%

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Purely on paper it looks like a slide of Cathro proportions but it feels very different to Cathro. You could tell Cathro can't work with players as head coach and was completely out of his depth. Even though Stendel is new to the country, speaking in his 3rd language and still without his own team, he gives off a very different vibe for me. Seems to know what he's doing, seems to have a plan, and can communicate it to the players. He is dealing with the same lack of attacking options as Levein and McPhee though. I mean McPhee only got one performance out of them and that was down to Naismith playing.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

They are a poor squad, reminds me of the Tommy Mclean team, decent on paper but something badly wrong, no guts, no leaders, no quality, defensive mistakes, no goal scorers, 3 frankly horrible goalkeepers.. we were favourites to go down before he arrived, the least amount of points of any team in the 12 months preceding his arrival.. if we avoid relegation he will have done well..

and the club have brought him in after sitting on their arse for 6/7 weeks 🤦‍♂️ Remember how people said this strategy was fine 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂  and then after we’ve brought him in we’ve left the failures that proceeded him in a role and not given him any help. I said at the start Stendel was my first choice, but if we had any insight at all it would take 6 weeks we should have moved to next target..  Anne budge has ****ed this - the blame lies with her 100%

We're not even favourites to go down now, never mind when Stendel arrived! Hamilton and St Mirren both shorter odds ...

Guest ToqueJambo

They did though, didn’t they? MacPhee managed a 5-2 win over St Mirren and a draw with Livingston. That’s 4 points and 5 goals more than Stendel has accumulated. Levein beat everyone except Rangers, on multiple occasions. I would have expected Stendel to at least match MacPhee given the favourable run of games he was presented with. Our next two, post winter break, Premiership fixtures are Ross County away and Rangers at Tynecastle. How many points will that yield?

Who was playing for us that day, scored and was MoM? Even in that game we gave away bad goals. Stendel faces the same problems - no-one fit and capable to replace Berra and no fit forward options beyond Uche and McLean. He obviously needs time to sort that. Levein had that time and was unlucky with more injuries this season, but at least he got that time.

kingantti1874

We're not even favourites to go down now, never mind when Stendel arrived! Hamilton and St Mirren both shorter odds ...

don’t care what the odds say, over the past 12 (in fact 14) months we have been the worst team in the league.. absolute fact

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We hadn’t lost at Tynecastle to St Johnstone in years. Hibs had just skelped them 1-4. We’ve not lost to Aberdeen in Edinburgh for a long time, that will be rectified on Sunday. 

Again, how has Stendel s**t his pants against any teams he has faced??. We hadn't lost at home to Hibs for 10 years at Tynie  before they beat us earlier this year. Did Levein s**t his kegs that day??? Yes or No?

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It is so, think the poll on here was very much behind Robbie, and in the real world it was much greater.. I was at there on plane day and virtually everyone to a man sung his name.. and he pussied out on us to a diddy team at the drop of a hat.. 

he made an absolute ***** of that semi, “with his words” afterwards more than anything and lost the loony element.. but who cares? He could have won them back by putting it right instead of running away.

Nearer 70% than 90+ iirc. There’s no doubting that a lot more than 10% of our support were on the phoodle out campaign. Certainly on here it was vitriolic at times. 
I said at the time we would rue the day he left and we have. It’s been downhill ever since. Still believe if he were to return now after his recent experiences he would be a much better manager than before and probably better than our new manager. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Again, how has Stendel s**t his pants against any teams he has faced??. We hadn't lost at home to Hibs for 10 years at Tynie  before they beat us earlier this year. Did Levein s**t his kegs that day??? Yes or No?

Hearts were the better team in the loss last season. We’ve not been the better team in the last four games ...

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Nearer 70% than 90+ iirc. There’s no doubting that a lot more than 10% of our support were on the phoodle out campaign. Certainly on here it was vitriolic at times. 
I said at the time we would rue the day he left and we have. It’s been downhill ever since. Still believe if he were to return now after his recent experiences he would be a much better manager than before and probably better than our new manager. 

he ran away!! Shame but that’s the truth.. club we’re very disappointed 

kingantti1874

Hearts were the better team in the loss last season. We’ve not been the better team in the last four games ...

You don’t go to games - 100% convinced of it.. we were very good for large parts against Celtic, were massively dominant in the Hamilton game until Naismith went off  and even yesterday 

3E887FBF-65B6-445D-A008-A2097BAE4DEF.png

Hibs were by far the better team in that game too and we had to rely on a set piece to score, as per usual back then....but the point is that you are moving the goalposts from results to performances.  You cited St J.....were we the better team in every one of those games??

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Called it.

You don’t attend Hearts matches.

kingantti1874
Just now, Whatever said:

Called it.

no he clearly doesn’t.. a little keyboard warrior lapping up pish he reads in the sun or on the BBC 

he ran away!! Shame but that’s the truth.. club we’re very disappointed 

Rubbish. Didn’t even try to stop him leaving. Believed there was someone waiting in the wings that fans would get behind. 90%+ positive poll results day after his replacement hired were in favour of the appointment. Do I need to remind you how that went? Absolutely no attempt to persuade him to change his mind. 

kingantti1874
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Rubbish. Didn’t even try to stop him leaving. Believed there was someone waiting in the wings that fans would get behind. 90%+ positive poll results day after his replacement hired were in favour of the appointment. Do I need to remind you how that went? Absolutely no attempt to persuade him to change his mind. 

that’s not what was said in public by Levein and budge  at the time.. Robbie ran, it was unfortunate for him and for us.. if he’s going to be a success he needs to grow a thicker skin.. anyways it’s got nothing to do with this thread

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This is old ground, but this is a myth that has grown wings amongst people who still defend wanting Neilson out at the time. We have had many, many worst derby defeats. That Hibs team was a Premiership quality team playing in the Championship. We came out of the traps fast - just as people want us to play in derbies especially - and played very well in the first half. in the 2nd half, Stubbs sent Bartley out to nobble our most effective midfielder in the first half, Djoum, as soon as he could, which he did effectively.

Remember Neilson had lost Sow before the game and had to play Dauda. We had already lost Cowie very early on in the first half and then Ozturk. We eventually had to bring on Walker, who wasn't fully fit, for the last 10 mins. At least one other player - Bauben or Nicolson I think - was effectively walking wounded or running on fumes but we had no subs left to change the game. Hibs on the other hand didn't even need to bring on their 3rd sub, their players were all fully fit.

So as the game wore on Hibs got into it and got their late goals - both quite unlucky from our perspective, especially Hanlon's. And we even very nearly scored a winner at the death so it's not like we even tried to see it out for a draw. I don't see what Neilson could have done differently in that game.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We definitely have been, not all of them obviously. More possession and shots if that's your thing. We've lost bad goals and haven't taken chances though, which has been the story of this and the second half of last season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

not favourites (at 100/30) to go down but bookies think we will finish 10th, marginally ahead of Hamilton (7/4) and St Mirren (2/1) but a long way behind St Johnstone at 14/1.Only a few days ago our odds were 5/1 before the Hamilton game.

that’s not what was said in public by Levein and budge  at the time.. Robbie ran, it was unfortunate for him and for us.. if he’s going to be a success he needs to grow a thicker skin.. anyways it’s got nothing to do with this thread

That’s because they could see the fans were turning on him and they thought Cathro would provide more attacking exciting football. Certainly proving, again, that he knows how to skoosh the championship up here. 

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Called it.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no he clearly doesn’t.. a little keyboard warrior lapping up pish he reads in the sun or on the BBC 

I have two season tickets and I’m far from ‘little’, so incorrect on both counts lads. We  were not the better team against Celtic, although we did implement a good press for 25 mins. We pressed for a few minutes against St Johnstone and then put in one of the worst performances of the season. I didn’t attend Hamilton away. Yesterday we were pitiful at the start, although we should have had a penalty and had good chances, namely Uche, Meshino and Henderson.

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hibs were by far the better team in that game too and we had to rely on a set piece to score, as per usual back then....but the point is that you are moving the goalposts from results to performances.  You cited St J.....were we the better team in every one of those games??

Yes.

The_razors_edge
20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So how come we were sitting 10th/11th in the league when both were removed from their respective positions if they got so much out of these players? Having overseen the previous 2 years of recruitment, coaching etc? As I said they had considerably more time to get something out of the players they recruited (at an extortionate cost btw) and yet failed. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is old ground, but this is a myth that has grown wings amongst people who still defend wanting Neilson out at the time. We have had many, many worst derby defeats. That Hibs team was a Premiership quality team playing in the Championship. We came out of the traps fast - just as people want us to play in derbies especially - and played very well in the first half. in the 2nd half, Stubbs sent Bartley out to nobble our most effective midfielder in the first half, Djoum, as soon as he could, which he did effectively.

Remember Neilson had lost Sow before the game and had to play Dauda. We had already lost Cowie very early on in the first half and then Ozturk. We eventually had to bring on Walker, who wasn't fully fit, for the last 10 mins. At least one other player - Bauben or Nicolson I think - was effectively walking wounded or running on fumes but we had no subs left to change the game. Hibs on the other hand didn't even need to bring on their 3rd sub, their players were all fully fit.

So as the game wore on Hibs got into it and got their late goals - both quite unlucky from our perspective, especially Hanlon's. And we even very nearly scored a winner at the death so it's not like we even tried to see it out for a draw. I don't see what Neilson could have done differently in that game.

1. Not brought on Juwon Oshaniwa 

2. (this is the really important  one) not come out straight after the game and try and make light of it by saying it’s good for the coffers and then go into get battered senseless in the replay..

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is old ground, but this is a myth that has grown wings amongst people who still defend wanting Neilson out at the time. We have had many, many worst derby defeats. That Hibs team was a Premiership quality team playing in the Championship. We came out of the traps fast - just as people eat us to play in derbies especially - and played very well in the first half. in the 2nd half, Stubbs sent Bartley out to nobble our most effective midfielder in the first half, Djoum, as soon as he could, which he did effectively.

spot on. Some people have memories of convenience for that game. Bartley should have had a red for the over the top foul on Djoum at the start of the 2nd half. Shocking challenge. As you say we effectively finished with 9 fit players. 

42 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

And do you believe that is Stendel's fault, because I certainly don't. We've not suddenly become an uncompetitive side over the last month or so, what we have discovered is there are a lot of players who look as if they are not suited to playing the type of style he wants to introduce, in fact some of them look as if they struggle to play football full stop. What he is trying to do isn't rocket science, he wants us to press further up the park. For someone employed as a professional footballer it shouldn't be a difficult transition. The present problems at Tynecastle certainly involve the activities of a manager, but not the current manager.

Good post PJ. I think the players have become pampered with some working from home and others smothered in Oriam cotton wool. We all remember the days when they trained on public parks and had to clear the dug s**t awsy before hand. I remember watching them with my Dad in about 1979 or 1980 when I was about 8 ot 9, training at Redford Barracks.  The late Alex Rennie was the coach or interim manager at the time and he shouted over to my Dad to move in case I got hit with the ball.  My old man politely informed  Mr Rennie  that we would move to the safest vantage point...directly behind the goal. A tour round public parks wouldn't be a bad tbing for some of those mollycoddled players.

3 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

So how come we were sitting 10th/11th in the league when both were removed from their respective positions if they got so much out of these players? Having overseen the previous 2 years of recruitment, coaching etc? As I said they had considerably more time to get something out of the players they recruited (at an extortionate cost btw) and yet failed. 

Those modest achievements are still more than nothing though, aren’t they? Stendel

will soon have had the same number of games as MacPhee ...

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I agree they didn't try hard enough to keep Neilson. I think Levein's arrogance came into play here (and I backed Levein). I remember after Neilson left he looked very smug up in the stand as he knew Cathro would come and this was a major "project" of his. One reason I backed Levein as manager was it was his mess to clear up.

I don't see why Neilson leaving when he did is held against him though. Eddie Howe, for example, left Bournemouth to test himself, and came back. Neilson was definitely getting pelters from fans at the time for the "style" of football, and his subs often got booed. What we'd give for 5 game unbeaten runs and 3-3 away draws in Inverness now though! Players like Bauben got lots of stick, when we'd give anything from someone as consistent as him now. When Bjorn Johnson got up to speed and became first choice striker, he even started getting a tune out of Sammon as an impact sub.

And the reaction from a lot of Hearts fans to losing to Hibs in the cup and getting beat early like every other Scottish team in Europe was way, way over the top. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I have two season tickets and I’m far from ‘little’, so incorrect on both counts lads. We  were not the better team against Celtic, although we did implement a good press for 25 mins. We pressed for a few minutes against St Johnstone and then put in one of the worst performances of the season. I didn’t attend Hamilton away. Yesterday we were pitiful at the start, although we should have had a penalty and had good chances, namely Uche, Meshino and Henderson.

In no way, shape, or form were we the ‘better team’ when hibs beat us at Tynecastle last season.

St J game - DS had been in door 4 days.

Hamilton away we dominated first half completely and had more attempts at goal than in god knows how many previous away matches under CL/AM.

Goalkeeper and defensive frailties coupled with strikers who are quite frankly, appalling, are the problem.

The above was created by one man and your continued attempts to discredit DS in the manner in which you have is ****in shameful.

Edited by Whatever

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

1. Not brought on Juwon Oshaniwa 

2. (this is the really important  one) not come out straight after the game and try and make light of it by saying it’s good for the coffers and then go into get battered senseless in the replay..

As I said in another comment, there really is no hope for us, if a rookie manager - which Neilson still was as well as being known as someone not exactly comfortable in interviews - can't be forgiven for a poorly thought out but pretty innocuous comment. Wold a normal person not assume he's trying to find a silver lining in the situation, rather than thinking he was actually happy we drew instead of won the game?

As for Oshaniwa, wasn't Souttar not fit either so Oshaniwa was our only fit defensive replacement? Hard to believe now but we rarely lost with Oshaniwa playing that first season as I remember it! 

Edited by ToqueJambo

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

don’t care what the odds say, over the past 12 (in fact 14) months we have been the worst team in the league.. absolute fact

The past isn’t the future. 

SomethingAboutObua
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Those modest achievements are still more than nothing though, aren’t they? Stendel

will soon have had the same number of games as MacPhee ...

Clearly at the wind up, Mods get this Hibby out of here

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

In no way, shape, or form were we the ‘better team’ when hibs beat us at Tynecastle last season.

St J game - DS had been in door 4 days.

Hamilton away we dominated first half completely and had more attempts at goal than in god knows how many previous away matches under CL/AM.

Goalkeeper and defensive frailties coupled with strikers who are quite frankly, appalling, are the problem.

The above was created by one man and your continued attempts to discredit DS in the manner in which you have is ****in shameful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47756961

Match report says otherwise ...

SomethingAboutObua

Can you count?

I couldn't possibly count the utter shite you're chatting on here, if you're comparing Stendel's run with none of his own players, own coaches, in a difficult run of games played in one month aftr having about a week to show them his style of play with this squad, to MacPhee who knows the players well, was personally involved in signing some of them and knows the coaching staff well and the players training regimes, the facilities etcetcetc, then you are clearly a troll or just absolutely mental