Training today

Tom Hardy’s Dug

16 minutes ago, rael11 said:

I’m at a loose end. Often thought about going for a look. What time do they normally start?

Outside around 11am when I've been up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, rael11 said:

I’m at a loose end. Often thought about going for a look. What time do they normally start?

10:30ish usually. Enjoy, looking forward to the feedback!

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, rael11 said:

Impressed by the intensity so far. 

Is Halkett (and any of the other injured players)  involved ?

downunder jambo
15 hours ago, redjambo said:

Indeed there is (see below). I didn't think I ever owned a Motors album but in listening to some of the tracks on YouTube after reading this thread, I realised I must have owned Approved by the Motors because I recognised all the tracks and was quite nostalgic about them. The final track on that album, although slightly different from their usual style was splendid too (see also below).

Dancing the Night Away is a great track - so is Cold Love!

That was pretty interesting. Seemed to be working a lot on getting the ball to the wingers and encouraging them to take on their man and get the ball into the box. DS was pressing the need to always get the ball into the box as much as possible. Also seemed to be an emphasis on putting a lot of pressure on the opponent when they have possession. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, rael11 said:

That was pretty interesting. Seemed to be working a lot on getting the ball to the wingers and encouraging them to take on their man and get the ball into the box. DS was pressing the need to always get the ball into the box as much as possible. Also seemed to be an emphasis on putting a lot of pressure on the opponent when they have possession. 

Wingers? Who were they?

3 minutes ago, rael11 said:

Walker and Henderson on one team, Moore and Connor Smith in the other. 

Who was upfront for the good team? I think if we feed Washington he will score a fair few. 

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Who was upfront for the good team? I think if we feed Washington he will score a fair few. 

Washington and Naismith. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, rael11 said:

👍

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, rael11 said:

Sounds good re. Bringing width into play. 

Pressing only works when you’re drilled into the ground and know where to be and when! Glad they’re working on it as much as they are 

10 minutes ago, rael11 said:

Wonder if DS will carry on the tradition of randomly selecting Lewis Moore when we least expect it. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wonder if DS will carry on the tradition of randomly selecting Lewis Moore when we least expect it. 

To be fair, he was doing pretty well against Hickey. 

Just now, rael11 said:

To be fair, he was doing pretty well against Hickey. 

Always thought he was an ok player. Just maybe not quite at the level we should be at.

41 minutes ago, rael11 said:

Thanks rael! Did you see anyone that looked like a triallist/ unknown player? DS mentioned someone training today who he hopes to sign. Though possibly wasn't involved in the games. 

When I arrived they were on the Astro pitch and I didn’t go to watch that. Shortly after they came over to the grass. There was one guy I couldn’t place but after looking at the website I think it was maybe Chris Hamilton, although he was quite far away most of the time. 

4 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Thanks for that....A few "meaty" challenges going in......DS certainly "coaching" the players.

Onwards & upwards

5 minutes ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

This makes me look forward to Saturday even more.  

This was also my thought when watching that. Come on the ******* Gorgie.

Just now, Newton51 said:

That was brilliant tho someone got halved. Maybe dikaMona

Bozanic clattered Dikamona. He was ok 

Players were grouped into 3 teams at the start with the priority on pressing the opposition who were only allowed 2 touches.

Then split into 2 teams with a lot of the play passing out wide for the wingers encouraged to get past the full back and cross the ball. Walker was woeful, honestly don't think he got passed the full back once. He just looked disinterested with his shoulders slumped. Looked like he's lost all confidence imo.

They then moved onto more serious stuff where you can see by the video there were a couple of dodgy tackles lol

Souter looked impressive, blocked everything in his path along with some good passing out of defence.

Another positive for me was Damour, looked really comfortable on the ball, with good control and crisp passing.

No sign of Halket or Haring.

All of the above comments are only my personal opinion so no rude remarks please.

39 minutes ago, rael11 said:

When I arrived they were on the Astro pitch and I didn’t go to watch that. Shortly after they came over to the grass. There was one guy I couldn’t place but after looking at the website I think it was maybe Chris Hamilton, although he was quite far away most of the time. 

He may be a possible RB as Clare is suspended for the Ross Co game and he may want Smith in midfield as Brandon is still injured I think.

16 minutes ago, rael11 said:

Bozanic clattered Dikamona. He was ok 

Cheers for providing these updates, today.

Totally off topic, but is your user name Genesis influenced?

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

You gotta love that accent 😀

+1 for this. Something about his accent and enthusiasm that's extremely infectious

7 minutes ago, Haken said:

Cheers for providing these updates, today.

Totally off topic, but is your user name Genesis influenced?

Afraid not. Tubeway Army influenced. 

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He may be a possible RB as Clare is suspended for the Ross Co game and he may want Smith in midfield as Brandon is still injured I think.

He was lining up alongside White in the centre of the ‘Possibles’ defence 

Edited by rael11

51 Shirts -Moments in Time
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hamilton renewed his loan with Cowdenbeath until the end of the season