Training today

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

Why is there a constant need to have a dig at our own players, in this case Walker?  Stendel doesn't suffer fools gladly, he's had no hesitation getting rid of people he thinks can't do what he wants, yet Walker remains involved . Just trust the managers judgement.

It’s more an observation on Scottish footballers in general and one the reasons the national team has been poor for years. It’s ingrained in the culture of the country.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

21 minutes ago, rael11 said:

Pretty sure it was Bozanic. Could be wrong. I guess you’d call it the first team squad that trained together. Approx 24 guys. White was definitely one of them. 

Yeah sure it was Bozanic that caught him. White played as CB for the bibbed team in one session which looked to me  like the second 11's.

8 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Why is there a constant need to have a dig at our own players, in this case Walker?  Stendel doesn't suffer fools gladly, he's had no hesitation getting rid of people he thinks can't do what he wants, yet Walker remains involved . Just trust the managers judgement.

Not talking about comments on this thread but you know why Walker takes more stick than most. 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Griffiths is a perfect example. Rodgers told him it wasn’t enough to just have good ability. 

Griffith’s really has thrown it all away it would seem. 
Regardless of your opinion of him as a person there was never any doubt about his ability. 
A cert to end up back at Hibs and then absolutely skint not too long after that. 
What an arse. 

Toxteth O'Grady
12 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

It’s been one of my complaints the lack of players shouting commands to each other. We’ve had to rely on Naismith to do this for everyone. 

Just turned on the sound and watched it again. You are right I’ve never heard them as vocal as that. 

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I’m very frustrated with Jamie but also very supportive but I agree he does seem to cop an awful lot of flak. I was pleased he came back too but jury is out on him atm. I think he can offer a lot and has an eye for goal I hope he gets a bit of luck and stays injury free to hopefully see him back to form. 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Just turned on the sound and watched it again. You are right I’ve never heard them as vocal as that. 

DS was specifically telling them to yell when they were closing someone down. Increases the pressure and forces loose passes. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Not talking about comments on this thread but you know why Walker takes more stick than most. 

I know, but personally I was looking forward to everyone getting a clean slate under Stendel to see if he can get a tune from them.  Some players like Clare are clearly responding, Walker hasn't had his chance yet but if Stendel is happy with him that's all that should matter at this point.  Maybe he's been badly managed before, it's not exactly far fetched.  The last manager he worked under who seemed to actually care about man management was Neilson and Walker had his best period for us.

And if Stendel decides he's not worth it then he's fair game I guess, would just rather see our fans get behind our players.  It's coming to the point they need all the backing they can.

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Griffith’s really has thrown it all away it would seem. 
Regardless of your opinion of him as a person there was never any doubt about his ability. 
A cert to end up back at Hibs and then absolutely skint not too long after that. 
What an arse. 

Griffiths has had a decent career to date TBF. Not many players can boast about the amount of trophies he has won and a champions league last 16 place. 

Should have done more granted

Edited by AlimOzturk

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I know, but personally I was looking forward to everyone getting a clean slate under Stendel to see if he can get a tune from them.  Some players like Clare are clearly responding, Walker hasn't had his chance yet but if Stendel is happy with him that's all that should matter at this point.  Maybe he's been badly managed before, it's not exactly far fetched.  The last manager he worked under who seemed to actually care about man management was Neilson and Walker had his best period for us.

And if Stendel decides he's not worth it then he's fair game I guess, would just rather see our fans get behind our players.  It's coming to the point they need all the backing they can.

Whether he’s a starter or whether he’s coming of the bench, with the current squad we 100% need Jamie Walker. More especially if/when Naismith falls apart. Stendel will know this imo. 

edit: meant to say I agreed with your post, at the start of mine. 👍

Edited by GinRummy

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Glad I started this thread 😁

So much to like about that video - as somebody said the mini-game with the instant press at the other end when the ball was lost looked mental.

One thing that sticks out with that training footage also is that in training the players to his style of play they will also automatically be getting fitter - so two birds one stone. No separate fitness training - the intensity of playing to his style will improve the fitness as they train it.

RustyRightPeg

It’s the little things... That’s a drill that is commonly used through all standards of football and is a thing of beauty when I t works properly! 

F*****g love Denzel the Power!!

Jack Torrance

Nearly 25k views on that video. Good to see the intensity and hear the noise. I've been up to watch training  a few times in the past and can't remember it being anything like that.

Edited by Jack Torrance

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Uche in the STV video 😆😆😆 the big *****! He’s like the fat boy in PE that fakes an injury so he doesn’t have to run!

If your talking about the guy that went down it was Dikamona that got caught.

Uche was in Orange bib and seemed fine, not as much energy as he sometimes has tho

4 hours ago, Benzinho said:

Anyone else get the feeling we're going to come absolutely flying out the traps against Airdrie? 

Power, power, power! 

Somebody’s due a thumpin.  May as well be them 👍.

2 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Me too keep going back :greggy:

Probably because the music was a damn sight better back in the day. 😊

10 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Nearly 25k views on that video. Good to see the intensity and hear the noise. I've been up to watch training  a few times in the past and can't remember it being anything like that.

Whenever I had been up watching training it was silent, slow and players would take 3 or 4 touches before passing the ball. And sometimes you would never see Levein. It was shite!

Stendel has the team buzzing in training, they look completely different because the manager is actually coaching them. Great to see.

Holyrood_Hearts
13 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Walker is just your average Scottish  footballer that’s not concerned about taking themselves to the next level. It’s not that long ago he was talking about how he realised he should cut out eating crisps and fizzy juice. Don’t know their born only having to train 3 hours a day

Completely agree, it’s an mentality thing. A lot of youngsters made it into our first team & thought they had made it without making the next step & kicking on (I know JW went down south but he was never gonna make it down there) 

15 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

This guy is going to transform our football club.    Love his hands on approach,  he'll inspire and motivate the players and if they are not right they know they won't last.   Not sure Walker will cut it tbh.     The video in the dressing room when he met the players was a shocker but he's going to bring passion back to the team.   It's been said before but if I was a young player I'd be absolutely buzzing.... 

Can you post that up? The clip I’ve seen didn’t look that bad.

25 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think it looked quite poor, nearly half the players sat on their arses when Stendel was going round introducing himself, one of them was Berra, very poor first impression from a skipper imo. If I remember right it was M.Smith or Whelan who stood up first to shake his hand. 

Can't post the clip, sorry. 

2 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

I think it looked quite poor, nearly half the players sat on their arses when Stendel was going round introducing himself, one of them was Berra, very poor first impression from a skipper imo. If I remember right it was M.Smith or Whelan who stood up first to shake his hand. 

Can't post the clip, sorry. 

I must not have seen the full clip. The clip I saw was the one on the Hearts Facebook page ‘Stendel Era Begins’ and shows Stendel going in the dressing room and cuts to the first player whose hand he shakes is Michael Smith who is in the process of standing up when DS shakes his hand. All the others stand to shake his hand. I’d like to see the full clip.

42 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Tried looking for it but couldn’t find it. The players were a wee bit stand offish but the thing for me was just bad manners, pure and simple. Someone approaches you with hand out to shake, you don’t just remain seated, you stand up and make eye contact and shake hands. It’s very basic stuff for an adult male. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I must not have seen the full clip. The clip I saw was the one on the Hearts Facebook page ‘Stendel Era Begins’ and shows Stendel going in the dressing room and cuts to the first player whose hand he shakes is Michael Smith who is in the process of standing up when DS shakes his hand. All the others stand to shake his hand. I’d like to see the full clip.

That’s edited. Dunno why I can’t find original. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s edited. Dunno why I can’t find original. 

Maybe the club took it down because it looked bad.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Maybe the club took it down because it looked bad.

Aye maybe. Definitely not on the twitter feed, which is where I thought it was.

4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

That’s the clip I saw. Berra not in it and the handshake bit doesn’t look bad.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Definately edited.   It was when he initially walked into the dressing room.  The players remained seated,  a few with arms folded and it looked so flat, no energy and just made me feel at the time how bad a dressing room we had. It was Smith who stood up 1st.   Point I was making was the contrast with what appears to be a real positive energy that is emerging.  Time will tell but its  obvious how rotten the team had become before. 

8 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

This one? 

Thanks for that. 

From that clip it’s pretty obvious no-one stands to shake his hand prior to Michael Smith. Piss poor and I’ll bet there are a few who cringing about it now.

If I was Berra I would have been standing in the middle of the room to greet him and shake his hand first. The new manager needs to know who the captain is, not by knowing his name, but by seeing his presence.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

10 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Definately edited.   It was when he initially walked into the dressing room.  The players remained seated,  a few with arms folded and it looked so flat, no energy and just made me feel at the time how bad a dressing room we had. It was Smith who stood up 1st.   Point I was making was the contrast with what appears to be a real positive energy that is emerging.  Time will tell but its  obvious how rotten the team had become before. 

Pretty poor first impression for some of them to make.

Maybe the decision to get shot of Berra and Whelan was in a small part down to them - as two senior pros - allowing the dressing room to be that flat. 

The good old thing is Stedel’s positivity is infectious so morale should have improved greatly.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Pretty poor first impression for some of them to make.

Maybe the decision to get shot of Berra and Whelan was in a small part down to them - as two senior pros - allowing the dressing room to be that flat. 

The good old thing is Stedel’s positivity is infectious so morale should have improved greatly.

I think it was obvious to him from this point in that he needed to make big decisions......agree re Stendel and feeling excited now 👍

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Thanks for that. 

From that clip it’s pretty obvious no-one stands to shake his hand prior to Michael Smith. Piss poor and I’ll bet there are a few who cringing about it now.

If I was Berra I would have been standing in the middle of the room to greet him and shake his hand first. The new manager needs to know who the captain is, not by knowing his name, but by seeing his presence.

That’s what should have happened with Berra.

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Thanks for that. 

Quite frankly that really sums up why Berra never was cut out to be captain. Nice guy, good servant to the club, however never really had the drive and presence to captain the side. I hope that Michael Smith is appointed. He ticks all the boxes in my opinion.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Commented on it at the time before we knew what was going to happen. Remains disgraceful even with footballers often being credited with low intelligence 

54 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Thanks for that. 

Yeah spot on re Berra. Not trying to have a go at him but I genuinely didn’t think he was the captain we needed. 

If we take Pressley as an example, regardless of what happened with him and the feelings on him now, had he been captain there he’d be doing exactly what you said. Nothing against Berra just think he isn’t that type of character 

Jambof3tornado
58 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Thanks for that. 

Berra should have introduced the players by name. 

26 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Exactly I though the whole thing was incredibly disrespectful, I like Berra but I have seen him a couple of times in hospitality and events and found him to be quite dour and standoffish but that could be shyness

25 minutes ago, lou said:

Exactly I though the whole thing was incredibly disrespectful, I like Berra but I have seen him a couple of times in hospitality and events and found him to be quite dour and standoffish but that could be shyness

Appalling behaviour. No wonder a good few have been shown the door.

Brick Tamland
58 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

100% this

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Spot on, CB should of walked DS around the room and introduced them properly. Not only is it courtesy it'd also prevent awkward questions about positions played/current injuries.

Regardless it's done now and while there is a lot of stuff that can be criticised I do sense that at a minimum we're cleaning out the stables and need to focus on the positives for a bit!!

I got the impression Berra was unhappy his boss had been sacked and didn't hide the fact from our new manager. Maybe thought he was too big/important to be emptied?

Certainly his comments since being given the boot would suggest this. His inability to accept any blame for our current predicament just compounds it.

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Thanks for that. 

Yup

very poor from Berra 

but I’ve said for a while now that he was not a good captain - just glad the manager agrees too now