• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Bit of shape today and it looked like the back 4 was Smith Halkett Souttar Hickey. Wonder if that will be the same on Saturday 

Decent back 4 - if we can keep then fit!

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Souttar looked decent on the ball, but he did get caught in possession in the lead up to a goal.

Irving at least tried to make some passes.

Other observations

Walker showed some energy for a change.

Naismith scored one that should have been chalked off, head onto arm and into the net.

As I said earlier it was played at a high tempo, so players didn't get much time on the ball. 

Good to see souttar and naiay training. The video looked good. Even uche scoring!

23 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This place and Hearts fans in general is going to go ape shit when Airdrie knock us out and Ross County do us over.

The Fudge legacy.

You are enjoying this far too much for my liking. 

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Cannie believe I just saw Uche score a goal - PROGRESS!!!

He looks like he has shed a few pounds

who was the guy trudging off round the touch line?

Cochrane was on the adjacent pitch by the looks of it 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Footballfirst said:

No.

It was pitch 2, their normal training pitch.

fair dues - seemed to see the dotted lines of a rugby pitch - I guess the rugby guys train there also.

2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Video just uploaded on FB

EDIT: Peebles

Unreal to think this quip will live forever in JKB/HMFC history - just brilliant

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Just been speaking to someone close to a member of the coaching staff (no names so don't ask).

They said the training is completely different in terms of the amount of work the players are being put through.

They said there has been a noticeable difference in the general fitness levels already.

All sounded very positive and players were enjoying it, even though they were having to work twice as hard as previously

Far more intense training apparently, slow paced training produces slow paced play on the pitch. It’s a damming indictment on the coaching abilities of his predecessors.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

He looks like he has shed a few pounds

who was the guy trudging off round the touch line?

Cochrane was on the adjacent pitch by the looks of it 

It was Brandon trudging off.  They had 22 outfield players and two keepers, So Cochrane and Moore didn't start. Moore came on for Brandon early on and Cochrane played in the 2nd half, replacing Hickey IIRC.

Edited by Footballfirst

6 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

From the video I can't help but think JS looks very similar to Steven pressley

Exactly what I thought - shat myself for a second.

11 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

From the video I can't help but think JS looks very similar to Steven pressley

I thought exactly the same thing!  did a double take in fact!!

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who were the bibbed team?

Joel

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

M.Smith

Irving

Bozanic

Henderson

Naismith

Washington

The Real Maroonblood
52 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

was on crutches with 1 leg in plaster and one arm in a sling and wearing eye patch

Did he also have a parrot on his shoulder?

53 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Bit of shape today and it looked like the back 4 was Smith Halkett Souttar Hickey. Wonder if that will be the same on Saturday 

* based on the twitter video shown

I know every fan of every team is biased but it would be incredible and unthinkable should that back line be relegated from the Scottish Premiership. That’s by far easily the best back line outside the old firm, even challenging them for that.  

55 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Souttar looked decent on the ball, but he did get caught in possession in the lead up to a goal.

Irving at least tried to make some passes.

Other observations

Walker showed some energy for a change.

Naismith scored one that should have been chalked off, head onto arm and into the net.

As I said earlier it was played at a high tempo, so players didn't get much time on the ball. 

Our players learning to play under pressure, and also how to put others under pressure. Fortunately, we will only be put under the roseburnfishbarpress a couple times a season, so the odd error we make in training will be less likely to happen against opponents who don’t pressure like we do. 

Pleasing. 

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

This part for me is key!  We have looked very unfit for weeks,

We've looked very unfit for three years! Remember questioning the fitness of the players a couple of years back when I said that other teams come to Tynecastle and seem sharper and last out games longer. Always wondered why players we sign seem sharp and decent then after a couple of months, they become as bog standard as everyone else. The players are good enough, if they're fit we're a match for any team in the league, maybe this is why we've been struggling so much these last few years.

11 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Joel

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

M.Smith

Irving

Bozanic

Henderson

Naismith

Washington

I like that team

Takeshi kovac
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

We've looked very unfit for three years! Remember questioning the fitness of the players a couple of years back when I said that other teams come to Tynecastle and seem sharper and last out games longer. Always wondered why players we sign seem sharp and decent then after a couple of months, they become as bog standard as everyone else. The players are good enough, if they're fit we're a match for any team in the league, maybe this is why we've been struggling so much these last few years.

If the fitness levels have been so poor it may partly

explain the crazy amount of injuries we have sustained over the last couple os seasons

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I like that team

Prefer Clare further forward. Has cost us more than one goal when played there. That team is fine, just switch Clare and Smith round and it'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Takeshi kovac said:

If the fitness levels have been so poor it may partly

explain the crazy amount of injuries we have sustained over the last couple os seasons

Exactly. If they're not fit then injuries are more likely to happen through over-stretching trying to get to a ball.

19 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Joel

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

M.Smith

Irving

Bozanic

Henderson

Naismith

Washington

And the other?

Now imagine the seethe if he didn’t sign anybody but turned around these previously under trained race horses

Soapy

Smith

Naismith

Walker

Washington

The above should be enough to tick 11 well trained players over on the park.  Airdrie will press is for 20 minutes then be blowing out their hoops for the remaining 70.

6-0 Hearts

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Interesting. 

It was before Stendels arrival  too. I think it was more to stop spectators shouting inappropriate stuff at the manager and players!

Is Clare suspended for Saturday? Or is it the league game? 

Great to see Souttar back, will be the first time Souttar and Halkett will have started a league game as part of a back 4. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, karipidis said:

Great to see Souttar back, will be the first time Souttar and Halkett will have started a league game as part of a back 4. 

It should be the league game, it wasn’t violent conduct.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It should be the league game, it wasn’t violent conduct.

Fair enough. I’d play the back 4 that is going to play on Wednesday then if possible. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Violent conduct carries 2, not sure if the offence covers that,  if not probably just League game 

Pasquale for King
Just now, karipidis said:

Fair enough. I’d play the back 4 that is going to play on Wednesday then if possible. 

Depends on who is fit really. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good to see everyone training in the video, Naisy coaching too. 
Walker/Brandon/Naismith/Souttar/Morrison all in this clip. Looks like an almost full squad to choose from.

https://fbwat.ch/1ST0rsaYHTYwuvCR

Great to see Naisy, Souttar and Walker

Our keepers even look shite in training !

From the SFA site

29/12/2019 506046 - SEAN CLARE (HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN F.C.) 1 SPFL FIRST TEAM LEAGUE MATCH IMMEDIATE

Fontaine of Ross County suspended for our game in Dingwall

I notice that at half time the substitutes warming up looks really ad hoc and not very organised. Also the sub goalie and coach don't bother coming out to warm up. Small things but I expect better from a professional team and hope Daniel will sort this out also.