• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

August Landmesser
Just now, Cliffundo said:

At the end of the clip (2:10) there is a black guy but it isn't Uche…..any Ideas?  

FTFY

Also, it's Dikamona.

MarkDevriesScores4
8 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I notice that at half time the substitutes warming up looks really ad hoc and not very organised. Also the sub goalie and coach don't bother coming out to warm up. Small things but I expect better from a professional team and hope Daniel will sort this out also. 

Daly was responsible for a lot of that. Days of half arsed warm ups are over I think.

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Is Clare suspended for Saturday? Or is it the league game? 

Great to see Souttar back, will be the first time Souttar and Halkett will have started a league game as part of a back 4. 

Clare could have been playing the 'Meshino' role in training adding in that Brandon apparently left training injured so Smith had to drop back to RB

24 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Daly was responsible for a lot of that. Days of half arsed warm ups are over I think.

When John Hill was here he took the half time warm ups.

He would also warm up with the 3 subs during games.  Not sure of that stopped because of a change in approach at Hearts or the authorities deemed it not acceptable.  Ridiculous that all subs can't warm up at the same time.  But football works in mysterious ways.

Haven't we also lost Hill's replacdment Tommy Taylor this season?

3 hours ago, jambocub said:

Never saw Brandon but he might've been right back at opposite end  from me .

No Berra doyle wighton or mulraney

Doyle has a broken ankle 

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

We've looked very unfit for three years! Remember questioning the fitness of the players a couple of years back when I said that other teams come to Tynecastle and seem sharper and last out games longer. Always wondered why players we sign seem sharp and decent then after a couple of months, they become as bog standard as everyone else. The players are good enough, if they're fit we're a match for any team in the league, maybe this is why we've been struggling so much these last few years.

You’re right and I couldn’t agree more with you. 

2 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

Joel

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

M.Smith

Irving

Bozanic

Henderson

Naismith

Washington

Thats a good team. 

1 hour ago, Takeshi kovac said:

If the fitness levels have been so poor it may partly

explain the crazy amount of injuries we have sustained over the last couple os seasons

They look like they're blowing out their arses at the end of that clip as well - good to see they're actually working for once!

Brick Tamland

I caught a fair bit of the second half of the game today.

My observations:

It was high tempo and good to watch the desire from most players.
There wasn’t much quarter given in some of the challenges! 
DS was watching and coaching when necessary but didn’t stop the game just gave some pointers here and there and a couple of shouts of encouragement. 
Callumn Morrison looked very lively and very quick, one poor ball in, one good ball in and a couple of blocked crosses. I would take him before Mulraney every day of the week. 
Ben Garuccio looked very lively and was bursting up and down the line too, was pretty vocal and looked like he could fit into the high pressing game. 
Uche looked trimmer and leaner and a bit more mobile. 
Irving constantly looking to pass and play and was decent to watch, a couple of his passes were excellent. 
Jamie Walker, contrary to the opinion of @footballfirst , I thought was slow and slowed down play when the tempo didn’t need it and he didn’t show much energy and when he lost the ball didn’t do much to try and win it back or get back in position. 
Harry Cochrane put in a shift and his movement was good, looked to have put on a bit more height and weight and looked keen to impress. 
Michael Smith was his normal self and it’s so good to see him like this. 
Steven Mclean covered a lot of ground and was always looking for the ball to be played to him, didn’t hide. 
Bozanic another one always looking to get the ball and start things, lots of energy and talks a lot too, was quite impressed. 
It was good to see Souttar back but would be surprised if he was involved on Saturday as he looked, understandably, well off the pace. 

Really good to see the energy and drive and how serious the game was taken. 

Based on my observations (I didn’t see Hickey or Brandon remember as they were off before I arrived) and the high pressing game that DS wants to play, I would be happy with this team against Airdrie. 

Pereria

Smith, Halkett, Dikamona

Bozanic

Clare                                                    Garuccio

Irving

Naismith     
           Washington              Uche

Subs. 
Morrison - to replace Clare/Washington/Naisy as an impact sub

Mclean for Uche or Washington 
Souttar - bring on for Dikamona/Halkett for game time if we are comfortable. 
Cochrane - for Irving/Naismith/Clare/Bozanic

11 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

My observations:

DS was watching and coaching when necessary but didn’t stop the game just gave some pointers here and there and a couple of shouts of encouragement. 
Callumn Morrison looked very lively and very quick, one poor ball in, one good ball in and a couple of blocked crosses. I would take him before Mulraney every day of the week. 
Ben Garuccio looked very lively and was bursting up and down the line too, was pretty vocal and looked like he could fit into the high pressing game. 
Irving constantly looking to pass and play and was decent to watch, a couple of his passes were excellent. 
Jamie Walker, contrary to the opinion of @footballfirst , I thought was slow and slowed down play when the tempo didn’t need it and he didn’t show much energy and when he lost the ball didn’t do much to try and win it back or get back in position. 
Harry Cochrane put in a shift and his movement was good, looked to have put on a bit more height and weight and looked keen to impress. 
Steven Mclean covered a lot of ground and was always looking for the ball to be played to him, didn’t hide. 
Bozanic another one always looking to get the ball and start things, lots of energy and talks a lot too, was quite impressed. 
It was good to see Souttar back but would be surprised if he was involved on Saturday as he looked, understandably, well off the pace. 

Based on my observations (I didn’t see Hickey or Brandon remember as they were off before I arrived) and the high pressing game that DS wants to play, I would be happy with this team against Airdrie. 

Pereria

Smith, Halkett, Dikamona

Bozanic

Irving

Naismith     

Subs. 

What type of excellent passes from Irving?  Goal scoring opportunity ones?

He was excellent against Aberdeen but if I recall most of his passes were out wide and forward - (compare to Whelan, slow, sideways and out of park) or in to the pocket of the no.10.  So still a huge improvement on what we were seeing

We really need to create chances with through balls.  Hopefully with more game time, confidence and Stendel encouragement, this will come.

Edited by DETTY29

Brick Tamland
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What type of excellent passes from Irving?  Goal scoring opportunity ones?

He was excellent against Aberdeen but if I recall most of his passes were out wide and forward - (compare to Whelan, slow, sideways and out of park) or in to the pocket of the no.10.  So still a huge improvement on what we were seeing

We really need to create chances with through balls.  Hopefully with more game time, confidence and Stendel encouragement, this will come.

Irving had one pass that set up Naismith and another that split the defence so yes goal scoring opportunity ones. 

1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

Irving had one pass that set up Naismith and another that split the defence so yes goal scoring opportunity ones. 

Great to hear.

He was one interviewed where he said Stendel wanted the players to take greater risks in the positive areas of the park.

2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

How did Naismith look?

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Did he also have a parrot on his shoulder?

Yep .was also counting pieces of eight..cause seemingly he's a wage thief  😉

Brick Tamland
28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How did Naismith look?

I only saw the last 20/25 mins of the game and he was busy but thought he tired a bit which again is understandable given his lay off and the pitch was a bit heavy too. 

Perhaps @Footballfirst can answer that better than me. 

Edited by Brick Tamland

1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

I only saw the last 20/25 mins of the game and he was busy but thought he tired a bit which again is understandable given his lay off and the pitch was a bit heavy too. 

Thanks 👍

50 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

My observations:

Pereria

Smith, Halkett, Dikamona

Bozanic

Irving

Naismith     

Subs. 

Did you pick up how the morale seemed? A  couple of people seem to be implying the players are unhappy with Stendel, would like to think this is just the usual negative bluster 

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

You are enjoying this far too much for my liking. 

Have you just noticed?

Garriccio looks tailor made for Stendels system . If he can cut out silly mistakes and up his consentration levels he could be huge for us in the second half of the season . 

Might allow us to push Hickey further forward . He looks like he could be decent further up the field .  . 

Edited by ramrod

3 hours ago, jamle1874 said:

Joel

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

M.Smith

Irving

Bozanic

Henderson

Naismith

Washington

I'd put money on it as makes a lot of sense.

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Naismith didn't see much of the ball in the first half as the "no bib" select spent more time in attack. His first significant contribution was his goal which seemed to come out of nothing, following a cross from the left. Dikamona wasn't happy as the ball hit Naismith's arm on the way into the net. 

Re Jamie Walker. I did see him put in a fair bit of effort in the first period, he may have dropped off the pace after I left.

Edited by Footballfirst

Brick Tamland
1 minute ago, lou said:

Did you pick up how the morale seemed? A  couple of people seem to be implying the players are unhappy with Stendel, would like to think this is just the usual negative bluster 

Given the intensity of the game (there were a fair few meaty challenges) I would say morale was good. If there was a lot of joking and carrying on I would say morale wasn’t good and I say that because if you’re taking your game seriously and someone is fannying about then it becomes hugely annoying so the fact everyone was on the same page I didn’t see any problem with morale. 
I am only basing this on the last 20/25 mins of a training game remember, but my overall impression was that they Were very professional and took it very seriously and that they know what is required of them from the management and their fellow players. Given DS’s latest interview I think they know what the fans expect too. 

11 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Given the intensity of the game (there were a fair few meaty challenges) I would say morale was good. If there was a lot of joking and carrying on I would say morale wasn’t good and I say that because if you’re taking your game seriously and someone is fannying about then it becomes hugely annoying so the fact everyone was on the same page I didn’t see any problem with morale. 
I am only basing this on the last 20/25 mins of a training game remember, but my overall impression was that they Were very professional and took it very seriously and that they know what is required of them from the management and their fellow players. Given DS’s latest interview I think they know what the fans expect too. 

Good to hear, the vast majority of fans seek to be fully behind the players and Stendal which is great

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

@Footballfirst with reference to the @lou question about morale, how did you see things? 

It was fine. I expect that a number of players were keen to show what they could do and were worthy of a place in the match day squad.

One thing I did notice was Hickey's reaction when he was "subbed" at half time.  I was perhaps a bit far away to accurately judge his demeanor as he hauled his bib off, but it looked like one of those moments, if there was a water bottle on the touchline then it would have taken a good kicking.  

Edited by Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Do we never train indoors? Weather was abysmal today

Need to ensure the big pitch isn't booked and the other is 60m x 40m.

Our players have been molli-coddled far too much as it is.

I did see some social media stuff last week and they were inside.

Brick Tamland
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It was fine. I expect that a number of players were keen to show what they could do and were worthy of a place in the match day squad.

One thing I did notice was Hickey's reaction when he was "subbed" at half time.  I was perhaps a bit far away to accurately judge his demeanor as he hauled his bib off, but it looked like one of those moments, if there was a water bottle on the touchline then it would have taken a good kicking.  

I didn’t see his reaction but my take on that would be that if morale was poor then he would have been happy being subbed. If morale is good then everyone wants to play their part and if it’s not so good then that’s when people tend to hide - all in my opinion and experience. 

PhoenixHearts
6 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

Pereria

Smith, Halkett, Dikamona

Bozanic

Clare                                        Garuccio

Irving

Naismith     

I don't think Stendel plays with a back 5 or 3 CB.

442 or 433 is his bag.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

Brick Tamland
20 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I don't think Stendel plays with a back 5 or 3 CB.

442 or 433 is his bag.

I agree but we are playing Airdrie and Garuccio could slip into the left back slot no problem when defending the left channel and likewise Clare on the right which would push Bozanic a bit further forward into a 4-3-3 with either Clare or Garuccio depending on what channel needs defended. 
So 4-3-3 when defending 3-4-3 when attacking 

Edited by Brick Tamland

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Get with the script

Stendel gets us to play our game - it doesn’t t matter how the opponents do.

we won’t be setting up with a back 3 because Airdrie play a certain way ffs

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

6 hours ago, lou said:

Regarding player morale. Ryan Stevenson and Jim Duffy were the guests on Radio Scotland's midday Sunday sports programme, the interview was mainly about mental health issues but the last 15mins or so were about Hearts and Stendel in particular.

Ryan said "he was at the Aberdeen game and had talked to Gary Locke and some of the boys (players) about the new manager". He said Locke had "spoken really highly of Stendel" and that the players he talked to said  "they were really enjoying what he was trying to do and what he was putting into training".  

Good interview link https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0806902

Hearts content from 43:40, Stevenson's comments from 49:10.

Edited by ADAM

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Get with the script

For too long we have worried about the opposition rather than letting them worry bout us

10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Get with the script

Yip all very Levein that philosophy of "containing" the opposition. Didnt work very well did it?

10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Get with the script

One of the main problems has been the constant changing formation week in, week out. It’s hardly surprising some of the players look like they don’t know what they’re meant to be doing. Over complicating things is rarely a good idea. 

4 minutes ago, gov said:

so....who is taking the dog a walk up the oriam the day?

Went up to see how things are going but nobody outside yet. Weathers decent as well.

1 minute ago, Cliffundo said:

Went up to see how things are going but nobody outside yet. Weathers decent as well.

Not having a clue but I wonder if they might be of today, having played a full game yesterday and having a game at weekend !!

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Not having a clue but I wonder if they might be of today, having played a full game yesterday and having a game at weekend !!

Yeah was thinking this too after going up and no one outside.

21 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

was on crutches with 1 leg in plaster and one arm in a sling and wearing eye patch

Still the best player on the pitch

11 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Get with the script

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

For too long we have worried about the opposition rather than letting them worry bout us

51 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yip all very Levein that philosophy of "containing" the opposition. Didnt work very well did it?

Very much these.  Really boiled my piss that we'd work out a master plan in order to contain (and usually fail to contain) the might of St Johnstone/Hamilton/Ross County/Livingston/etc at Tynecastle.  It must instil a negative mindset in a team when the focus is one 'how to nullify' rather than 'how to impose'.  And it was a HUGE factor in the lack of atmosphere in the ground.

New era - new approach - new noise.

Clark Griswold
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Airport watch now. 

We know what training is and whose involved. 

Airport 

Flashbacks of a random photo appearing on here of someone at the airport and folk trying to work out who he was/is :lol: 

Edited by Clark Griswold

scott herbertson
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Airport watch now. 

We know what training is and whose involved. 

Airport 

Calls for this - my automatic response to the word, written by and with vocals by Andy McMaster (who was also in the underrated Ducks Deluxe)