Training today

Tom Hardy’s Dug

24 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Players were grouped into 3 teams at the start with the priority on pressing the opposition who were only allowed 2 touches.

Then split into 2 teams with a lot of the play passing out wide for the wingers encouraged to get past the full back and cross the ball. Walker was woeful, honestly don't think he got passed the full back once. He just looked disinterested with his shoulders slumped. Looked like he's lost all confidence imo.

They then moved onto more serious stuff where you can see by the video there were a couple of dodgy tackles lol

Souter looked impressive, blocked everything in his path along with some good passing out of defence.

Another positive for me was Damour, looked really comfortable on the ball, with good control and crisp passing.

No sign of Halket or Haring.

All of the above comments are only my personal opinion so no rude remarks please.

Ok fatty 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

This guy is going to transform our football club.    Love his hands on approach,  he'll inspire and motivate the players and if they are not right they know they won't last.   Not sure Walker will cut it tbh.     The video in the dressing room when he met the players was a shocker but he's going to bring passion back to the team.   It's been said before but if I was a young player I'd be absolutely buzzing.... 

10 minutes ago, rael11 said:

He was lining up alongside White in the centre of the ‘Possibles’ defence 

Hamilton is on a development as Cowdenbeath are part time so trains with us few days a week

3 minutes ago, brux said:

Grown men may cry

Indeed.  I've seen some reports on here of Walker not enjoying the hard or fast paced training......well, he must be looking for the exit by now.  Or it's been BS and he will be flying when back and fully fit.  Time will tell.

27 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Players were grouped into 3 teams at the start with the priority on pressing the opposition who were only allowed 2 touches.

Then split into 2 teams with a lot of the play passing out wide for the wingers encouraged to get past the full back and cross the ball. Walker was woeful, honestly don't think he got passed the full back once. He just looked disinterested with his shoulders slumped. Looked like he's lost all confidence imo.

They then moved onto more serious stuff where you can see by the video there were a couple of dodgy tackles lol

Souter looked impressive, blocked everything in his path along with some good passing out of defence.

Another positive for me was Damour, looked really comfortable on the ball, with good control and crisp passing.

No sign of Halket or Haring.

All of the above comments are only my personal opinion so no rude remarks please.

Walker needs a good kick up the erse.

Its a fresh start and if he doesn't make an impression soon his career is only heading in one direction.

1 minute ago, Cliffundo said:

Indeed.  I've seen some reports on here of Walker not enjoying the hard or fast paced training......well, he must be looking for the exit by now.  Or it's been BS and he will be flying when back and fully fit.  Time will tell.

AKA someone spouting what they think rather than  any factual information.

1 minute ago, Cliffundo said:

Every man and his dug knows Walker will struggle to cut it under a hard-working manager, who plays a pressing game.

I'll still give him a bit of time though, attitudes can change and confidence can also go up.

My preference is he knuckles down and shows a bit of desire and work-rate.

DS's enthusiasm is infectious. 

That is from me watching a video of him training. If players can't get themselves up to play under that they need booted. I'm glad they all seem to be doing well though.

I can't wait for the Airdrie game. First time in a long time I am proper excited to be going to a game.

51 Shirts -Moments in Time
5 minutes ago, bazman said:

Hamilton is on a development as Cowdenbeath are part time so trains with us few days a week

he wont be a possible right back for Saturday though!

10 minutes ago, brux said:

Grown men may cry

****ing hope so.  These lucky feckers get to play their hobby for a profession.  The least they can do is be fit enough to compete which they haven't been for years.

That short video alone shows why we should be handing Stendel everything he needs and wants, brilliant to see. You can even see the change in body language from the players compared to a few months ago - they're there to learn and to work their arse off to win. 

Buzzing.

Cry from the stands should be POWER POWER POWER whenever we loose the ball 😁

Surely the Levein training regime was  shown in slow motion

That is proper high tempo training.  Airdrie should be shitting themselves if that is coming at them on Saturday.

Edited by BelgeJambo

millerjames398
25 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

That short video alone shows why we should be handing Stendel everything he needs and wants, brilliant to see. You can even see the change in body language from the players compared to a few months ago - they're there to learn and to work their arse off to win. 

Buzzing.

POWER POWER POWER, I'd get involved in that..for sure😂🇱🇻

47 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Every man and his dug knows Walker will struggle to cut it under a hard-working manager, who plays a pressing game.

I'll still give him a bit of time though, attitudes can change and confidence can also go up.

My preference is he knuckles down and shows a bit of desire and work-rate.

His bofy language certainly doesn't help his case. Looks disinterested so much of the time.

52 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Buzzing.

Do it!!

POWER, POWER, POWER

clap, clap, clap

POWER, POWER, POWER

clap, clap, clap

POWER

clap

POWER

clap

POWER, POWER, POWER

clap, clap, clap

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(c) waived

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Do it!!

POWER, POWER, POWER

clap, clap, clap

POWER, POWER, POWER

clap, clap, clap

POWER

clap

POWER

clap

POWER, POWER, POWER

clap, clap, clap

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(c) waived

Quality if the fans all joined in with that one.  Could imagine DS's face lighting up.

1 hour ago, Still Tynie said:

The days of running up sand dunes look to be over 

Maybe he,ll get them running up & down Arthur seat for several hours

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Its a fresh start and if he doesn't make an impression soon his career is only heading in one direction.

Aye, and it won't be looking west towards Ibrox this time.

larbert_jambo
2 hours ago, rael11 said:

Bozanic clattered Dikamona. He was ok 

Looks like White that caught him?

Reports on another thread he was training with the reserves...

13 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Looks like White that caught him?

Reports on another thread he was training with the reserves...

Pretty sure it was Bozanic. Could be wrong. I guess you’d call it the first team squad that trained together. Approx 24 guys. White was definitely one of them. 

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Walker is just your average Scottish  footballer that’s not concerned about taking themselves to the next level. It’s not that long ago he was talking about how he realised he should cut out eating crisps and fizzy juice. Don’t know their born only having to train 3 hours a day

2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Walker is just your average Scottish  footballer that’s not concerned about taking themselves to the next level. It’s not that long ago he was talking about how he realised he should cut out eating crisps and fizzy juice. Don’t know their born only having to train 3 hours a day

Correct. 

Will no doubt regret it when older. 

Then again maybe not. He seems a bit of a guy that just doesn't care tbh. ☹️

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Always amazed how little they spend trying to improve. Not just as footballers but as an athlete. They barely improve over years and years and in a lot of cases go down the way. 
Their injuries are probably quite a bit to do with their lifestyles but most aren’t clever enough to see the correlation. 
Jamie should’ve gone further than he has. 

5 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Looks like much more tempo and effort in training. They seem to be getting it. 

It’s been one of my complaints the lack of players shouting commands to each other. We’ve had to rely on Naismith to do this for everyone. 

Why is there a constant need to have a dig at our own players, in this case Walker?  Stendel doesn't suffer fools gladly, he's had no hesitation getting rid of people he thinks can't do what he wants, yet Walker remains involved . Just trust the managers judgement.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Always amazed how little they spend trying to improve. Not just as footballers but as an athlete. They barely improve over years and years and in a lot of cases go down the way. 
Their injuries are probably quite a bit to do with their lifestyles but most aren’t clever enough to see the correlation. 
Jamie should’ve gone further than he has. 

Griffiths is a perfect example. Rodgers told him it wasn’t enough to just have good ability.