Training today

Tom Hardy’s Dug

alwaysthereinspirit
22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This place and Hearts fans in general is going to go ape shit when Airdrie knock us out and Ross County do us over.

The Fudge legacy.

Quote to self; They're on to me.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This place and Hearts fans in general is going to go ape shit when Airdrie knock us out and Ross County do us over.

The Fudge legacy.

And when neither happens...

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

But still too much for poor Jamie Walker........

He should try and get a real job.

41 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The Fudge legacy.

Do us all a favour. Take your device your using, click on log out and never come back on this forum please. Not one constructive thing has ever came from you

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Where's the Saturday thread?

The inactivity is warping the mind further than ever before with the status quo being so abject. 

Need a win if for nothing else but sanity 

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Levein,MacPhee,Kirk and Murray should all be names of the past,yet here we are midway through our most important transfer window since administration and these leeches are still being quoted as being involved.

I am actually looking forward to relegation,hopefully that will mean the end for Fudge,her Golden girls,her brother in law the maintenance joiner ,her nephew the bar man and Levein and his darts team.

Then we can start becoming a football club again.

Yawn

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

The Fudge legacy.

Not impossible. Dingwall could be disaster. Might go in home end for sake of sanity !!  😂😂😆

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

What I am finding a bit strange at the minute is the complete radio silence from all

aspects of social media. Nothing from any players at all over the last 7-10 days. The club social media normally shows clips from training etc but again nothing. Now it could be Stendel wants it that way but again just a bit odd

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, bazman said:

What I am finding a bit strange at the minute is the complete radio silence from all

aspects of social media. Nothing from any players at all over the last 7-10 days. The club social media normally shows clips from training etc but again nothing. Now it could be Stendel wants it that way but again just a bit odd

Is the pre match press conference for a saturday done on the thursday or Friday before the game? Think thats going to be when we get an update. Really hoped for fresh faces by tomorrow.

If anyone happens to be hanging around Riccarton today could you give us a wee update on who is there/how it's looking?  I've also noticed the complete lack of any official Hearts social media content (other than the usual about ticket sales, merchandise etc.) and also a complete lack of posts by our players on Instagram.  I wonder if it's been a deliberate move from Stendel for them all to stay focussed on the job in hand?

2 minutes ago, Tyniestemper said:

If anyone happens to be hanging around Riccarton today could you give us a wee update on who is there/how it's looking?  I've also noticed the complete lack of any official Hearts social media content (other than the usual about ticket sales, merchandise etc.) and also a complete lack of posts by our players on Instagram.  I wonder if it's been a deliberate move from Stendel for them all to stay focussed on the job in hand?

I'm not one for social media so wouldn't particularly notice but it would make sense.

Been a lot of talk out of the playing side at Hearts for a long time. Lots of excuses, lots of jam tomorrow and a whole load of contradictory "we know its not good enough and we need to do our talking on the park". All just been words really.

Managers and players need to do the press confs (pressers!!!) and need to answer the questions asked so not a lot can be done about that but a silent message of "we're working hard, no time to chat" is kind of right for the club at present.

Just now, TheBigO said:

I'm not one for social media so wouldn't particularly notice but it would make sense.

Been a lot of talk out of the playing side at Hearts for a long time. Lots of excuses, lots of jam tomorrow and a whole load of contradictory "we know its not good enough and we need to do our talking on the park". All just been words really.

Managers and players need to do the press confs (pressers!!!) and need to answer the questions asked so not a lot can be done about that but a silent message of "we're working hard, no time to chat" is kind of right for the club at present.

Yup - agreed.  It's exactly the right approach at the moment and I am behind it.  It feels as if he has them all focussed and working hard to start to turn things around (hopefully).  I can imagine a few of them won't be happy with it but even that helps him decide who is worth investing his time and energy in and who isn't.  

jack D and coke
22 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe this is why DS wants to speak to AB on her return from holiday based on a post on another thread.

What thread mate?

22 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I suppose it matters because AB herself said that it was up to CL/AM to get rid of those players that DS did not want in order to allow the signing of the players he wants/needs.

Don't know what Stendel does but last time I went to see Hannover 96 train they had a secret training pitch which people couldn't see into.  Not sure how common that is in Germany, or anywhere else for that matter. 

Just caught  the very end of a training game  spoke to a guy who's been watching and he said it had been a good session

What I can say is the guys who had been out injured were all playing apart from haring

2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Just caught  the very end of a training game  spoke to a guy who's been watching and he said it had been a good session

What I can say is the guys who had been out injured were all playing apart from haring

Great, thanks! 

That include Brandon? And notice if any of the newly 'released' players were involved e.g. Wighton, Doyle? 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Don't know what Stendel does but last time I went to see Hannover 96 train they had a secret training pitch which people couldn't see into.  Not sure how common that is in Germany, or anywhere else for that matter. 

Barnsley's training is behind closed doors too.

13 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Great, thanks! 

That include Brandon? And notice if any of the newly 'released' players were involved e.g. Wighton, Doyle? 

Never saw Brandon but he might've been right back at opposite end  from me .

No Berra doyle wighton or mulraney

The Treasurer

Just been speaking to someone close to a member of the coaching staff (no names so don't ask).

They said the training is completely different in terms of the amount of work the players are being put through.

They said there has been a noticeable difference in the general fitness levels already.

All sounded very positive and players were enjoying it, even though they were having to work twice as hard as previously

Footballfirst
18 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I was there for the earlier part of the training game.  It's the first time I've watched them for a few months.

The game was played at high tempo with no-one getting time on the ball.  It was 3-2 to the Possibles v the  Probables when I left.

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was there for the earlier part of the training game.  It's the first time I've watched them for a few months.

The game was played at high tempo with no-one getting time on the ball.  It was 3-2 to the Possibles v the  Probables when I left.

any surprises in the possibles or probables?

Edited by GinRummy

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Sounds like a team with a point to prove !

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Just been speaking to someone close to a member of the coaching staff (no names so don't ask).

They said the training is completely different in terms of the amount of work the players are being put through.

They said there has been a noticeable difference in the general fitness levels already.

All sounded very positive and players were enjoying it, even though they were having to work twice as hard as previously

The way I expected it to be if I’m honest. Hopefully the efforts and fitness levels continue to translate onto the park starting Saturday

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Sounds promising and encouraging going forward

MarkDevriesScores4

I can’t be the only one that thinks the team has looked desperately unfit since Neilson left. 

I know that some of the players seem to have been able to pick and choose when they train and where they train and I hope that Stendel has put an end to that. 

Hope to see the team become fitter and stronger throughout the second half of the season. 

Footballfirst
17 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Never saw Brandon but he might've been right back at opposite end  from me .

No Berra doyle wighton or mulraney

I think Brandon was there but didn't last long before he went off. Mulraney was watching from the sidelines.

I checked on the younger ones playing on the astro, but it appeared to be all youngsters from a quick look of maybe 20 seconds.

Surprisingly Connor Smith was with the youngsters having returned from loan, while Chris Hamilton was with the first team. It was probably just to balance the numbers in the first team session though.

28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Can't even keep a clean sheet against ourselves ffs :vrface:

:whistling:

Edited by tian447

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

This part for me is key!  We have looked very unfit for weeks,

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Can't even keep a clean sheet against ourselves ffs :vrface:

:whistling:

Scored 5 though

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

And those of us who mentioned it months ago were accused of an Anti Levein agenda!!

3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Not sure if someone has already asked but has Naismith graced us with his presence today?

was on crutches with 1 leg in plaster and one arm in a sling and wearing eye patch

Edited by Hearts007

51 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Barnsley's training is behind closed doors too.

This is standard now with a number of clubs. Rangers was the latest to take action to prevent people observing them in the build up to games. This came on the back of leaks from Academy support staff. 

If Hearts want to take things up a level - preventing scouts etc from examining our squad in training is sadly necessary.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

was there anyone really standing out? In a positive way

Souttar looked decent on the ball, but he did get caught in possession in the lead up to a goal.

Irving at least tried to make some passes.

Other observations

Walker showed some energy for a change.

Naismith scored one that should have been chalked off, head onto arm and into the net.

As I said earlier it was played at a high tempo, so players didn't get much time on the ball. 

Bit of shape today and it looked like the back 4 was Smith Halkett Souttar Hickey. Wonder if that will be the same on Saturday 

* based on the twitter video shown

Edited by Famous 1874

13 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

More than weeks tbh. 

The last quarter of games we struggle whereas every other team in the league don't seem to. 

Hopefully now this is a thing of the past. 

A farcical situation for a club of our size to have poor fitness. 

Sometimes wonder if that is why we have picked up so many injuries. 😏

Edited by Robbo-Jambo