Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

A bit disco.have a word with yourself

Why, when I've got you to do it for me?

Edited by ...a bit disco

5 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

A bit disco.have a word with yourself

Don't think so pal.

Have a word with yourself, from your posting history it is clear you have an agenda.

How about you create a poll on what Hearts fans want to see and here at a match.

you could even list the songbook.

I think the results would surprise you, Disco has nothing but the best for the club at Heart can you say the same?

It’s easy to spot the people who don’t want a “singing section” anywhere near Tynecastle. 

I wouldn’t join one myself, but I can absolutely understand why some younger fans want to do something to make themselves feel more engaged. 

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It’s easy to spot the people who don’t want a “singing section” anywhere near Tynecastle. 

I wouldn’t join one myself, but I can absolutely understand why some younger fans want to do something to make themselves feel more engaged. 

Cmon Phil, You are well aware of their reason for doing so.

It is not to promote the club or support it, it's an agenda which they use the football club to promote political views.

It is in no way healthy and does not bring banter or an atmosphere, it brings vile chanting and encourages

violence.

Hence the reason I asked for a song list. I do not want to attend a football match that is run by the

Orange order.

Not back in the 80's and certainly not now.

Edited by Neon

2 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Cmon Phil, You are well aware of their reason for doing so.

It is not to promote the club or support it, it's an agenda which they use the football club to promote political views.

It is in no way healthy and does not bring banter or an atmosphere, it brings vile chanting and encourages

violence.

Hence the reason I asked for a song list. I do not want to attend a football match that is run by the

Orange order.

Not back in the 80's and certainly not now.

What a worrying level of paranoia. 

“Encourages violence” ffs. 

:cornette: 

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

What a worrying level of paranoia. 

“Encourages violence” ffs. 

:cornette: 

So you live in such a sheltered life you have never seen song spark hatred and violence at a game.

Good for you nothing to do with paranoia or the typical emoji face while not being able to debate.

Nothing to see here.

6 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

So you live in such a sheltered life you have never seen song spark hatred and violence at a game.

Good for you nothing to do with paranoia or the typical emoji face while not being able to debate.

Nothing to see here.

I didn’t debate your point, because it wasn’t worth debating. You think these lads want a singing section to get into fights and push some political agenda. All that nonsense deserved was for someone to mock it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but when you talk utter shite, don’t be surprised when people don’t take it seriously. 

It will never go away. Simple as that. The club’s attempts to have a “ cleansed “ Tynecastle have worked but it will come at a cost. Britain has been late to the party as regards organised fan groups inside the stadium but now, more and more clubs have these type of groups.

Scotland has particular problems which means club approval of groups can’t be seen to promote certain views. That’s officially, of course. Look at the hooped demons’ group. They don’t give a ****, and, as unpalatable as that is to many, it’s attractive to younger supporters. They want a piece of that type of thing. Not exactly the politics etc, just the feeling of being part of a mob.

Away is where it will manifest itself as Tynecastle will only be raucous at a handful of games a season.

18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I didn’t debate your point, because it wasn’t worth debating. You think these lads want a singing section to get into fights and push some political agenda. All that nonsense deserved was for someone to mock it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but when you talk utter shite, don’t be surprised when people don’t take it seriously. 

Ah very good, the debate is the point is ignorance so not willing to debate it.

Even though we have seen violence from the 70's onward and have proof even today it is linked to political groups.

Palestine has exactly what to do with football, Northern Ireland has what to do with football.

Both sides of the divide use songs in their repertoire to point score but is nonsense.

Grow some balls and admit why these songs are sung.

17 minutes ago, Boab said:

It will never go away. Simple as that. The club’s attempts to have a “ cleansed “ Tynecastle have worked but it will come at a cost. Britain has been late to the party as regards organised fan groups inside the stadium but now, more and more clubs have these type of groups.

Scotland has particular problems which means club approval of groups can’t be seen to promote certain views. That’s officially, of course. Look at the hooped demons’ group. They don’t give a ****, and, as unpalatable as that is to many, it’s attractive to younger supporters. They want a piece of that type of thing. Not exactly the politics etc, just the feeling of being part of a mob.

Away is where it will manifest itself as Tynecastle will only be raucous at a handful of games a season.

This is where the issue lies Boab - to break it down into it's simplest terms - the kids like the rush and gang mentality and the older generation politicize it for their own agenda.

Sad but true and still no place in football.

3 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Ah very good, the debate is the point is ignorance so not willing to debate it.

Even though we have seen violence from the 70's onward and have proof even today it is linked to political groups.

Palestine has exactly what to do with football, Northern Ireland has what to do with football.

Both sides of the divide use songs in their repertoire to point score but is nonsense.

Grow some balls and admit why these songs are sung.

What the **** are you even on about? You’re taking my original point, completely missing it and then asking me to comment on your ****ing nonsense? Get real. 

What has Northern Ireland got to do with football? Ask Michael Smith. Ask Andy Kirk. Ask Bobby Burns. Ask any one of the Northern Irish people who support Hearts. 

Sounds like you’re the one stuck in the ‘70s. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What the **** are you even on about? You’re taking my original point, completely missing it and then asking me to comment on your ****ing nonsense? Get real. 

What has Northern Ireland got to do with football? Ask Michael Smith. Ask Andy Kirk. Ask Bobby Burns. Ask any one of the Northern Irish people who support Hearts. 

Sounds like you’re the one stuck in the ‘70s. 

:notsure: To respond in a way that might help.

7 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

:notsure: To respond in a way that might help.

Be honest with yourself. You’d lost before you even replied to me. 

I stand by my original point. If the young lads want to get together and create an “ultras” type group then I hope they’re very successful. If anyone is genuinely concerned about exterior forces turning this into some kind of guerrilla warfare, they could always offer to help them get going to avoid such matters.  

Not that they will. Much easier to criticise than it is to help. 

Just now, neonjambo said:

This is where the issue lies Boab - to break it down into it's simplest terms - the kids like the rush and gang mentality and the older generation politicize it for their own agenda.

Sad but true and still no place in football.

Which most will grow out of. There is no easy answer to this. It would be naive to say, let them get on with it, they will grow out of it. That’s a green light to say, sing what you like. That will never be accepted at Hearts, especially now. 
As regards to our young team, I hope they grow. Different times but teens into early twenties were a glorious time. Shite team but great times. 

Let’s be honest if we put aside the understandable fears of some inappropriate songs, the atmosphere at Tynecastle can be non existent at times. As is at many grounds and we are not alone in trying to do something about it.

The introduction of safe standing or the like would help. Aberdeen trialled the “red shed” at the weekend, with 1,500 tickets sold for an area that had unallocated seating so folk could move around and sit with their mates. 

We should consider something similar and in my opinion it should be in the Gorgie stand. Doesn’t work in the main stand and I think it is better to put something like that at the opposite end to the away fans.

Reduces the chances of it kicking off, less abuse at each other and more singing etc. And if folk in that area want to go pavement dancing with the opposition after the game they at least have to get from one end of the ground round to the other.

I wouldn’t get a ticket there by choice as i’m old and I tend to get too focussed on the game to think about singing but some more atmosphere would be good.

Now Airdrie are bams but on Saturday you could see Stendel looking over at them. I am sure he was wondering what it would take to get that kind of noise in part of Tynecastle.

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Be honest with yourself. You’d lost before you even replied to me. 

I stand by my original point. If the young lads want to get together and create an “ultras” type group then I hope they’re very successful. If anyone is genuinely concerned about exterior forces turning this into some kind of guerrilla warfare, they could always offer to help them get going to avoid such matters.  

Not that they will. Much easier to criticise than it is to help. 

You generally think I give a crap that you think you have won some sort of theoretical argument?

Good for you bash on.

Really you are going to start playing the victim card for them?

I believe club accepted and wanted the best for the singing section they eventually made an arse of it and many were banned,

they got invited to do so again and were banned again.

Do you really find it so difficult to comprehend these facts.

Yes ,they should be mentored as you suggest - but then again wouldn't that be the very

portrayal of a nanny state that so many like to punt around?

According to my posting history neon I would love to know my agenda? Agendas are left for people like frank or kiitner or whatever he calls himself this week

2 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

No Andy,Sarah o only sees the one side, if it were thousands of kilted "see you jimmy" tartan army warriors waving satires about and singing bigoted racist songs against the English,that would just be a bit of banter in her eyes.insread she chooses to continually berate young hearts supporters who go home and away to support their team .

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

9 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

According to my posting history neon I would love to know my agenda? Agendas are left for people like frank or kiitner or whatever he calls himself this week

why is it that lothian and borders finest deem it fit to track down 40 or so hearts fans for sectarian singing, yet 2 weeks previous 3000 odd celtic supporters belt out their bile in full view of the constabulary ,and not a thing happens,and dont bother coming up with the usual "were better than them stuff" i would seriously like to know.

A very quick sample of your 12 pages of posting history most of which has been focused on Levein out or focusing on sectarian threads.

Fighting in the stands is another great addition

Great thread,ah the memories,and not a pantwetter in sight,refreshing

Your words not mine.

Not difficult to comprehend.

Edited by Neon

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Going to the football on a saturday is " decent bevvy ,,sing songs like f....k " cheer like f....k,,,and either celebrate or drown your sorrows,,,that's what it's all about,, create noise and atmosphere,, it does help the team no end,,,,,🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🍺🍺🍺🍺🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🙌🙌🙌🥳

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Laddies want to sing and get behind the team ,,,let them do so ?   If some do get a bit  ott with stuff ,,,a quiet wee word might just  be needed,,,words never hurt anyone,,, awee bit thought before  shouting certain things might ! But boys will be boys,,,,,,👍🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Just now, Kev1998 said:

And which bit was untrue neon? 

With regards to Celtic fans we need to clear house and address sectarian issues before we can address others.

With regards to fighting in the stands over a football match, if you believe this acceptable then you have no place

at a game.

Adhere to the rules or do one - These have been in the HoMfc supporters charter for some time.

You're like a hibby neon,changing things to suit yourself.as regards to the fighting at football ,it was common back in the day,that was my point.as for the police allowing opposing fans to sing what they wantill answer that one for you.i once asked a constable what he would do about the stuff coming from the Celtic .his response"what do you want us to do? There are too many of them"law of the jungle rules? As for my levein responses ,well we will not even go there

Just now, neonjambo said:

With regards to Celtic fans we need to clear house and address sectarian issues before we can address others.

With regards to fighting in the stands over a football match, if you believe this acceptable then you have no place

at a game.

Adhere to the rules or do one - These have been in the HoMfc supporters charter for some time.

Have never agreed with this view, sorry.

We can’t do two things at once ?

Anyway the hooped demons has nothing to do with morals but everything to do with money.

The own house in order view facilitates that money stream.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Totally agree,,,young men want to be part of a social group,,,and as much as I dislike the green brigad

Edited by Hectormasson
Wasnt finished article

12 hours ago, Tynehead said:

As  the football gets better the atmosphere and singing will get back to what it once was.

That’s it pretty much in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Totally agree,,,young men want to be part of a social group,,,and as much as I dislike the green brigade, and what a lot of it stands for ,,, I do see the attraction   ,people wanting to have a sense of camaraderie,,  etc,, part of being attracted to a group of like minded others,,,I'd like to see hearts have a large noisy colourful group,,,that's going to make tyney a place that's going to be revered by other fans ,,,,as well as our own ,,,,🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🙌🙌🙌♥️

4 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Complete revamp of the young teams tactics needed,personally I would get Sarah o on board,the green brigade get away with murder.as one of the top  honchos ,maybe she could put her tuppence worth in again and again

I'm in for that. Not sure of the position of mega phone operator has been filled or not. 

Hail-o! Hail-o we are the Gorgie Bhoys! 

3 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

No Andy,Sarah o only sees the one side, if it were thousands of kilted "see you jimmy" tartan army warriors waving satires about and singing bigoted racist songs against the English,that would just be a bit of banter in her eyes.insread she chooses to continually berate young hearts supporters who go home and away to support their team .

:vrface:

1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

You generally think I give a crap that you think you have won some sort of theoretical argument?

Good for you bash on.

Really you are going to start playing the victim card for them?

I believe club accepted and wanted the best for the singing section they eventually made an arse of it and many were banned,

they got invited to do so again and were banned again.

Do you really find it so difficult to comprehend these facts.

Yes ,they should be mentored as you suggest - but then again wouldn't that be the very

portrayal of a nanny state that so many like to punt around?

Jesus **** mate. You are all over the place here. 

Who said anything about a “nanny state” ffs. 

(Delete) You just want to get upset and make noise on here, without offering anything constructive. No doubt you’ll respond to this with more poorly worded, non-sensical hyperbole about gang warfare like this is 1990s Compton.

12 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I'm in for that. Not sure of the position of mega phone operator has been filled or not. 

Hail-o! Hail-o we are the Gorgie Bhoys! 

😂

18 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Totally agree,,,young men want to be part of a social group,,,and as much as I dislike the green brigade, and what a lot of it stands for ,,, I do see the attraction   ,people wanting to have a sense of camaraderie,,  etc,, part of being attracted to a group of like minded others,,,I'd like to see hearts have a large noisy colourful group,,,that's going to make tyney a place that's going to be revered by other fans ,,,,as well as our own ,,,,🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🙌🙌🙌♥️

Plenty other groups to go and join if people need to feel part of gang.

Im sure the Scouts could do with a boost to the numbers.

But it's not just being part of a social group is it - it's being part of a particular a social group. A particular social group that provides a visceral feeling of belonging and 'them and us'.  A social group that allows the blurring of the lines between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour to strengthen the bonds through acting together in defiance of the acceptable norm. A social group that exists exactly for the purpose of that behaviour not in spite of it.

Make any amount of excuses you want for the behaviour. Pretend its 'atmosphere'. Even create your own arguments to validate the bad behaviour as in some way 'worth it' because of something you think you directly get back in return from it if you want. But most people can see right through it. Just be honest and admit some people want an excuse to act like neanderthals and this is the vehicle used for it.

Just now, Dr. Bapswent said:

Plenty other groups to go and join if people need to feel part of gang.

Im sure the Scouts could do with a boost to the numbers.

But it's not just being part of a social group is it - it's being part of a particular a social group. A particular social group that provides a visceral feeling of belonging and 'them and us'.  A social group that allows the blurring of the lines between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour to strengthen the bonds through acting together in defiance of the acceptable norm. A social group that exists exactly for the purpose of that behaviour not in spite of it.

Make any amount of excuses you want for the behaviour. Pretend its 'atmosphere'. Even create your own arguments to validate the bad behaviour as in some way 'worth it' because of something you think you directly get back in return from it if you want. But most people can see right through it. Just be honest and admit some people want an excuse to act like neanderthals and this is the vehicle used for it.

Of course. I agree.

Every generation of football fans will have these groups. For many, and I include myself in this, it was some of the best days following the team. Was some of the behaviour a bit dodgy ? Yes, of course. Was it planned ? Largely, not ! And that’s an important point.

It will never change either, regardless of what some people might think. 

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Of course. I agree.

Every generation of football fans will have these groups. For many, and I include myself in this, it was some of the best days following the team. Was some of the behaviour a bit dodgy ? Yes, of course. Was it planned ? Largely, not ! And that’s an important point.

Pretty much this, went with the mob for years, had some of the best days of my life, a few not so good days but that came with it. Still know and see a lot of the original lads, and whether you agree with it or not, the majority were some of the most ardent devoted fans you'll get. 

Edited by Bringitbak
Didn't finish message

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Of course. I agree.

Neither are good reasons for anyone to condone, encourage it or pretend its ok.

I’m neither for or against having a specified singing section but I 
just wish the singing section would come up with some new songs! We had more original songs surface prior to its existence.

Other than the tedious Olly Lee song, when was the last time a new song was introduced?
Was expecting something original for Mr Stendel on Saturday.

Its not difficult. The Romanov song, John Robertson and Paulo Sergio didn’t include anything other than their name but was a decent tune.

15 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

Pretty much this, went with the mob for years, had some of the best days of my life, a few not so good days but that came with it. Still know and see a lot of the original lads, and whether you agree with it or not, the majority were some of the most ardent devoted fans you'll get. 

I totally believe that 🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🙌

Just now, Dr. Bapswent said:

Neither are good reasons for anyone to condone, encourage it or pretend its ok.

I doing none of that. It happened, it happens and it will happen. 
That’s a fact.

Bapswent has hit the nail on the head.

This thread also highlighting that a little punctuation goes a long way!

The Hogfather

Hearing that they were singing about Nazis is very disappointing. If they want a section to take off, shit like that needs to stop. 

The club will have the records of who was sitting where. Report shit like that to the club and have them bounced. 

Banter’s one thing, but **** singing that our manager is a Nazi ffs. 

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

The club will have the records of who was sitting where. Report shit like that to the club and have them bounced. 

Banter’s one thing, but **** singing that our manager is a Nazi ffs. 

Totally ridiculous ,,,🙈🤮

5 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Hearing that they were singing about Nazis is very disappointing. If they want a section to take off, shit like that needs to stop. 

Disappointing, but not surprising in the least. They only care about causing aggro, the result is probably bottom of their priorities.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

• davemclaren locked this topic