Statement from Gorgie Boys Ultras - Singing Section to return?

Alex Kintner

The Gorgie Boys are the single most cringeworthy thing to come out of our club in a long, long time.  

The song about Stendel being a Nazi just sums them up:  complete and utter morons.  

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Boab

• GinRummy

• Governor Tarkin

When I was that age I was into two things: girls and alcohol. I suppose if you look and dress like a even geekier-looking version of McLovin then your chances of getting near to either of the above are limited. Makes sense they would need to try and get their kicks through something as pathetic as being an “ultra”.

1 hour ago, EH22-Jambo said:

Went to my bed last night as I start work at 5am.... 

Wasn't an official supporters bus. The organiser was at them to stop those type of songs, the constant standing and banging of windows etc. but they just wouldn't listen. He said they'd never be back on a bus he arranged again and I believed him. My post was intended to confirm I had also heard the songs in the ground and they were actually singing worse on way up. Oh, I also had an 8 year old with me but they were oblivious to him even being there. Again, the organiser asked me a few times if he was ok. Unfortunately I haven't got a clue who they are or I'd be reporting them to our club. 

No worries EH. Thanks for clearing it up. Wasn’t a dig at you btw

Edited by Saughton Jambo

6 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

No worries EH. Thanks for clearing it up. Wasn’t a dig at you btw

No probs bud. I put headphones on my laddie and got him to watch movies on his iPad so he didn't hear it all. 

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Always amazed to see 50+ guys still stone islanded up. Was into it all briefly around 1988 (not much of a fighter it has to be said) was a bit relieved when the house music scene kicked in a year or two later and I could concentrate on something I was good at, getting wasted. 

🤣🤣🤣👍🏻 pretty much the same with me .

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, EH22-Jambo said:

No probs bud. I put headphones on my laddie and got him to watch movies on his iPad so he didn't hear it all. 

Rowdy supporter's buses aren't a new thing. Everyone went by coach in the '70's and '80's. In those days all the older boys drank alcohol, smoked joints, pished in bottles and fought with each other. It's probably like a Sunday school picnic nowadays compared to then

12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Rowdy supporter's buses aren't a new thing. Everyone went by coach in the '70's and '80's. In those days all the older boys drank alcohol, smoked joints, pished in bottles and fought with each other. It's probably like a Sunday school picnic nowadays compared to then

Our bus had boys 'scanting' folk and chucking the pants out the skylight.

Singing about Edinburgh being wonderful and us being The best behaved supporters in the Land (when we win)

There was 1 boy that regularly was that drunk he would bounce his head off the roof on the top deck. (This was 25 plus years ago)

See him at the shops these days and he is a normal guy who doesn't go to the football anymore.

Maybe these wee fuds will grow up one day.

Edited by Forza Cuore

52 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Changed days indeed. European trips on a bus! If you were lucky enough to get a bus with a bog it was blocked before you crossed the border! And no danger did you want to sleep on the bus😀

My issue with the current Young team is most of the songs are aimed at having a go at the club, winding up other Hearts supporters or some loyalist ditty. 

Its irritating as ****! Bang drums sing songs about Hearts and have a carry on, most of us aren’t snowflakes and have seen it all but coupled with the football it’s starting to piss folk off.

1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

Think he’s saying what am thinking. 

Footballs a mans game. No time for pant wetting snow flakes. 

Boys will be boys. 

Jesus **** 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Easy answer will be the Club don't take tickets for away games.

And people don't grow out of it completely, boab.

People do grow out it completely. Around 1986 we took a massive support to parkhead midweek,  at one point the overwhelming majority in our end had there right hand in the air to signify the red hand of ulster and were singing no pope of Rome. 34 years later and some of those Jambos make up the old codgers looking to stamp all the bigotry out. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Changed days indeed. European trips on a bus! If you were lucky enough to get a bus with a bog it was blocked before you crossed the border! And no danger did you want to sleep on the bus😀

My issue with the current Young team is most of the songs are aimed at having a go at the club, winding up other Hearts supporters or some loyalist ditty. 

Its irritating as ****! Bang drums sing songs about Hearts and have a carry on, most of us aren’t snowflakes and have seen it all but coupled with the football it’s starting to piss folk off.

I think this is where it has all come from. Everything they do seems to be a reaction to Budge 'cleaning' up the support and they - being young lads - are taking the bait to wind up Budge and anyone who they see as supporting her. It's immature behaviour but no different to when the club tried to get Section N to sit...we all just stood up even more.

And the songbook seemed to be moving away from the old tunes when Vlad was around, and i wonder if it was because the club didn't try and 'nanny' the supporters at that time so there was nothing to react against.

Quite a few are prepared to turn a blind eye to the odd dodgy chant - most of us havebeen there - but going through the Ibrox songbook is another thing altogether. And the Nazi song is way over the line. General consensus amongst guys i go with is that they would be foolish to start that nonense in their immediate vicinity.

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Since when has being a boy involved being a bigot and singing that people are Nazis? 

Sounds like thickos will be thickos more than anything else. 

They should go the full EDL,  Britain's First and get swastika tattoos, union jack tea-towels and sing about there being 10 German bombers - who were shot down by Squadron 303, the RAFs most successful squadron during the Battle of Britain.  More British work done by Poles.

;)

42 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think this is where it has all come from. Everything they do seems to be a reaction to Budge 'cleaning' up the support and they - being young lads - are taking the bait to wind up Budge and anyone who they see as supporting her. It's immature behaviour but no different to when the club tried to get Section N to sit...we all just stood up even more.

And the songbook seemed to be moving away from the old tunes when Vlad was around, and i wonder if it was because the club didn't try and 'nanny' the supporters at that time so there was nothing to react against.

Quite a few are prepared to turn a blind eye to the odd dodgy chant - most of us havebeen there - but going through the Ibrox songbook is another thing altogether. And the Nazi song is way over the line. General consensus amongst guys i go with is that they would be foolish to start that nonense in their immediate vicinity.

I’m not sure these laddies would’ve survived section n never mind the shed. You’re spot on about the Vlad era there was a bond there with the fans I think we all knew it would go tits up but enjoyed the madness. 

The season in the championship was a brilliant season away from home none of this shite we all just enjoyed it. Then as you say the nannying started.

I know plenty boys who are getting pissed off with this and that Stendel song has probably pushed it to far. Fair play to them going home and away but ffs drop the club shite and the loyalist nonsense and go enjoy the day out. No one has an issue with them singing and getting out their nut, jealous probably, but it’s getting embarrassing now.

32 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

They should go the full EDL,  Britain's First and get swastika tattoos, union jack tea-towels and sing about there being 10 German bombers - who were shot down by Squadron 303, the RAFs most successful squadron during the Battle of Britain.  More British work done by Poles.

;)

Oh don’t worry they have a version of 10 German bombers!

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I’m not sure these laddies would’ve survived section n never mind the shed. You’re spot on about the Vlad era there was a bond there with the fans I think we all knew it would go tits up but enjoyed the madness. 

The season in the championship was a brilliant season away from home none of this shite we all just enjoyed it. Then as you say the nannying started.

I know plenty boys who are getting pissed off with this and that Stendel song has probably pushed it to far. Fair play to them going home and away but ffs drop the club shite and the loyalist nonsense and go enjoy the day out. No one has an issue with them singing and getting out their nut, jealous probably, but it’s getting embarrassing now.

This is it.

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

They can bring a brass band if they want so long as they stop trying to goad other Hearts fans and acting like wee hard men in their group. Picking on disabled fans and singing songs about the manager being a Nazi is taking it to far. 

If anyone is confused it’s you and your drum and bass pals.

Never said they were my pals at any point in my post

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, fila said:

Never said they were my pals at any point in my post

I can understand why you wouldn’t want to be associated with that scum.

The Treasurer

I know a lot of people (including me) don't like the Ibrox songbook pish, but other than posting on here were unlikely to do anything about it. however from what I'm reading on here and saw with my own eyes in Dingwall, the Stendel song has been a step too far for the vast majority and, if they persist with it, could provoke a reaction from the ordinary fans that these wee dicks won't know whats hit them.

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I know a lot of people (including me) don't like the Ibrox songbook pish, but other than posting on here were unlikely to do anything about it. however from what I'm reading on here and saw with my own eyes in Dingwall, the Stendel song has been a step too far for the vast majority and, if they persist with it, could provoke a reaction from the ordinary fans that these wee dicks won't know whats hit them.

Spot on.

3 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Think he’s saying what am thinking. 

Footballs a mans game. No time for pant wetting snow flakes. 

Boys will be boys. 

This is one of the worst posts on here in a long time.

33 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Bang on.

If they're trying to provoke a reaction from the fans they might be surprised when it happens.

highlandjambo3

Regarding the singing at the Ross County game, and I’m not trying to stir up any shit, I was very close to these aholes for the whole game and I heard all their hun songs.......I can say in all honesty I did not hear the “Nazi” singing part.  Not trying to defend anyone and not saying it didn’t happen but, I just didn’t hear it and I don’t have selective hearing. 

Fort Vallance
15 hours ago, Sow Easy said:

Boomers like you are bloody insufferable. 'Things were shite in my day, they should stay shite now!'

Society moves on and gets smarter. Just cos you heard it 40 years ago doesn't mean we want to hear it now. 

Hit a nerve there then. I'm to old to know what a Boomer is. 

Edited by Fort Vallance
Add

16 hours ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

If somebody knows who these guys are and which bus they are on, let the club know!

If anyone wants to witness the full repertoire of songs that they sing when cops aren’t around, I’d suggest the Shandon snooker hall before a home Sunday game (particularly v Hibs & Celtic). 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Regarding the singing at the Ross County game, and I’m not trying to stir up any shit, I was very close to these aholes for the whole game and I heard all their hun songs.......I can say in all honesty I did not hear the “Nazi” singing part.  Not trying to defend anyone and not saying it didn’t happen but, I just didn’t hear it and I don’t have selective hearing. 

I can't say I heard a song about Nazi's either, though I may have zoned them out a bit after they started the other non-Hearts songs.

Am more than happy to have a word in their shell like. Want them to succeed but they need to cut out the shit If they are singing it. I assume they drink in Shandon before games? 

Fort Vallance
15 hours ago, Sow Easy said:

Boomers like you are bloody insufferable. 'Things were shite in my day, they should stay shite now!'

Society moves on and gets smarter. Just cos you heard it 40 years ago doesn't mean we want to hear it now. 

Anyway, I clearly didn't make my point clear. Yes society moves on. We've always had arseholes in our support. They come and they go. I've been going for 50 years and a lot of people I know don't go now for various reasons. But I can't think of one who doesn't go because of a few dodgy songs. That's all I meant. if that makes me insufferabl maybe you should get out more.

Henry. Henry.
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did we not have a flag ban in the Romanov days?   

57 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I can't say I heard a song about Nazi's either, though I may have zoned them out a bit after they started the other non-Hearts songs.

I was in the Mallard and the majority of the guys singing offensive songs were neither ultras or what I’d call the young team  sad to say . Saw plenty of hearts fans I recognise not sure if there were Rangers in amongst , but not the flag waving youngsters I see at Tynecastle,  lots of drink consumed which is a reason but not an excuse for the shit songs , cracking trip tainted by some right tubes shame cause it’s the type of trip fans want to sing along so why piss others off 

52 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

I was in the Mallard and the majority of the guys singing offensive songs were neither ultras or what I’d call the young team  sad to say . Saw plenty of hearts fans I recognise not sure if there were Rangers in amongst , but not the flag waving youngsters I see at Tynecastle,  lots of drink consumed which is a reason but not an excuse for the shit songs , cracking trip tainted by some right tubes shame cause it’s the type of trip fans want to sing along so why piss others off 

Because it’s ‘edgy’ and that’s what testosterone and drink fuelled males do I suppose. Not much fun for others but I doubt that’s a great concern for them. 

55 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

I was at the pie stand before the match with a few of them, surprised they got served in a pub as they looked like they had skived off school for the afternoon.

A couple looked more coked up rather than pissed up. 

Big Slim Stylee
On 11/11/2019 at 08:37, Kev1998 said:

The way I see it  and his the young guys try their best to generate atmosphere in the stadium. Some of them maybe take it a bit far in their opinions of the structure of the club,but life is life bud.it irks me big time that some posters jump on everything they come up with.

Problem is, the majority just don't want or need their version of "atmosphere." Especially away from home.

6 hours ago, HoChiMinter said:

This 'snowflake' patter is the cringiest thing I've heard in a long time 

Why? 

I remember when you could go to the football and get a bit crack with your mates. These days a bunch of do gooders want to sanitise everything. Bore off to the library. 

Montgomery Brewster
4 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Why? 

I remember when you could go to the football and get a bit crack with your mates. These days a bunch of do gooders want to sanitise everything. Bore off to the library. 

Correct. Budge gets upset if someone drops a pie

5 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Correct. Budge gets upset if someone drops a pie

Id expect anyone to be upset if they dropped their pie, you seen the price of them!

13 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Why? 

What is it that you can't do now that you could do before?

Just now, Bad Religion said:

All the stuff that most on here used to do back in the day that these young lads are doing now. 

suppose it’s like ex smokers they are now the worst moaning about folk smoking.

listen the boys are being daft but sick of everyone acting with outrage. 

Why are folk outrage by everything these days. 

Gies peace. 

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

All the stuff that most on here used to do back in the day that these young lads are doing now. 

Gies peace. 

"Back in the day?" Who gives a shite? We're not in "back in the day." We've moved on and most people expect better.

6 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Gies peace. 

You're just typing words without actually saying anything. Be more specific.

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Stand wherever you like with an extended group of mates and like-minded folk.

Pass round a half bottle on the ne'er day derby.

Sing about sending the Hibs to Vietnam with a measure of conviction. 

Lob coins over the fence into the home end at Easter Road.

Expect an apology when someone accuses you of being a child groomer.

^^^^ This is not an exhaustive list.

been here before
12 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Gies peace. 

Go on then tell us. You seem fairly outraged to the point of being sick about it.

13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Stand wherever you like with an extended group of mates and like-minded folk.

Pass round a half bottle on the ne'er day derby.

Sing about sending the Hibs to Vietnam with a measure of conviction. 

Lob coins over the fence into the home end at Easter Road.

Expect an apology when someone accuses you of being a child groomer.

^^^^ This is not an exhaustive list.

You guys just deflect everything off on a different tangent. Your post has no relevance to the current subject of the thread or Spirits post above.

Edited by Bad Religion

ScandinavianJambo
4 hours ago, BigC said:

If anyone wants to witness the full repertoire of songs that they sing when cops aren’t around, I’d suggest the Shandon snooker hall before a home Sunday game (particularly v Hibs & Celtic). 

Thank you, but no thanks. Absolute losers. What really gets me is "the boys will be boys" stuff. They are responsible for what they do and what they are singing is no right. Calling a German a nazi in some kind of sick adoration attempt just goes to show how absolutely stupid they are. Problem is that a group of stupid drunk guys can become dangerously offensive...

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You guys just deflect everything off on a different tangent. Your post has no relevance to the current subject of the thread or Spirits post above.

Who exactly are "you guys"?

And the only thing wrong with my post is that you didn't fancy the answer.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Who exactly are "you guys"?

And the only thing wrong with my post is that you didn't fancy the answer.

You guys are the people who can't accept that singing sectarian shit at football matches is for cavemen. 

I've no idea what kind of 'answer' your'e looking for.

10 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Bigots will be bigots

And they wont be welcome amongst a Hearts support.

No wet pants no snowflakes.

They are racist sectarian wankers.

couldn't put it better myself ...

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You guys are the people who can't accept that singing sectarian shit at football matches is for cavemen. 

I've no idea what kind of 'answer' your'e looking for.

An honest one, which you have provided, so thanks, but you're way wide of the mark on at least one count. I'll let you decide which one.

Now how about an apology for publicly claiming that I'm some kind of creepy child groomer.

• davemclaren locked this topic