Jump to content

BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle


August Landmesser

Recommended Posts

Smith's right boot
1 minute ago, been here before said:

 

Does she know who we're playing on Friday?

 

Probably not, nae tickets I be sold! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • i8hibsh

    60

  • Pasquale for King

    60

  • ToqueJambo

    56

  • kila

    50

been here before
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

 

Probably not, nae tickets I be sold! 

 

Nevertheless it stands to reason a man would know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

 

:)

my point was more that when we’re winning, nothing gets said about off the field activities - in any club 

Was that the case in 2006?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was that the case in 2006?


On the whole, everyone had their head in the sands back then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim Panzee
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was that the case in 2006?

guess my point was more general around atmos and behaviour of the office staff. I don't think it changes much whatever the results are.

 

I also don't think it affects transfer business either. It's agents and a bit of player power that dictates what goes on. Sibbick arrived in hours. Boyce took longer. Boyce with more options and possibilities to weigh up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Turkishcap

Well I am still enjoying the show simply as its the club I love and its good to see the behind the scenes staff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

guess my point was more general around atmos and behaviour of the office staff. I don't think it changes much whatever the results are.

 

I also don't think it affects transfer business either. It's agents and a bit of player power that dictates what goes on. Sibbick arrived in hours. Boyce took longer. Boyce with more options and possibilities to weigh up.

I’m not convinced that people qualified in HR should really be dealing with the murky world of transfer dealings, whatever their sex. I thought that was the DoF and head scouts job? Some deals obviously go quicker, being prepared to get them in place before January has to be a big part of such a small window. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:


On the whole, everyone had their head in the sands back then. 

Yeah nobody noticed when Burley was sacked and a sex offender replaced him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah nobody noticed when Burley was sacked and a sex offender replaced him. 


🤣🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not convinced that people qualified in HR should really be dealing with the murky world of transfer dealings, whatever their sex. I thought that was the DoF and head scouts job? Some deals obviously go quicker, being prepared to get them in place before January has to be a big part of such a small window. 

Once you get to contractual issues you need HR/Legal people involved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Once you get to contractual issues you need HR/Legal people involved. 

No shit, it didn’t look like anyone was actually pushing the deal just that they were waiting on a phone call on whether it was happening. The ex DoF gave the impression he was rushed off his feet doing deals 24 hours a day, buy buy sell sell when the actual reality is a lo different. No wonder our transfer dealings have been such a costly disaster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

Well I am still enjoying the show simply as its the club I love and its good to see the behind the scenes staff.

Yup, me too. Good programme!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
44 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No shit, it didn’t look like anyone was actually pushing the deal just that they were waiting on a phone call on whether it was happening. The ex DoF gave the impression he was rushed off his feet doing deals 24 hours a day, buy buy sell sell when the actual reality is a lo different. No wonder our transfer dealings have been such a costly disaster. 

Was it a successful deal? 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was it a successful deal? 😎

Depends, if you call Langer/Advidaj/Sibbick or Boyce a success considering they did extremely little to save us from being demoted. They all got pizza though so it’s all good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah nobody noticed when Burley was sacked and a sex offender replaced him. 

 

Barely registered :lol:

 

Didn't do anything about it though, did we. Still turned up and there was no real protest or indignation and we certainly didn't think about the back office staff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depends, if you call Langer/Advidaj/Sibbick or Boyce a success considering they did extremely little to save us from being demoted. They all got pizza though so it’s all good. 

From an HR process perspective it was successful then. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

From an HR process perspective it was successful then. 👍

Yeah you can judge that from what we’ve seen right enough. The players might well have been unhappy with how it was handled, Thiam may well have been raging that he didn’t sign for us because people were sitting eating pizza instead of getting on the phone and doing the deal. Sibbick might’ve been freaked out that two middle aged women were fawning over him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah you can judge that from what we’ve seen right enough. The players might well have been unhappy with how it was handled, Thiam may well have been raging that he didn’t sign for us because people were sitting eating pizza instead of getting on the phone and doing the deal. Sibbick might’ve been freaked out that two middle aged women were fawning over him. 

You seem to be judging more than me. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You seem to be judging more than me. 😄

Does that make you a poor mod 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Does that make you a poor mod 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

:sadrobbo:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah you can judge that from what we’ve seen right enough. The players might well have been unhappy with how it was handled, Thiam may well have been raging that he didn’t sign for us because people were sitting eating pizza instead of getting on the phone and doing the deal. Sibbick might’ve been freaked out that two middle aged women were fawning over him. 

Would you prefer that they were stand-offish towards him and make him feel unwelcome both at the club and in this country?  As an aside, when a business has a Human Resoutces department, it's usually their job to deal with matters relating to human resources, leavig others to get on with the job they were hired for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hashimoto
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No shit, it didn’t look like anyone was actually pushing the deal just that they were waiting on a phone call on whether it was happening. The ex DoF gave the impression he was rushed off his feet doing deals 24 hours a day, buy buy sell sell when the actual reality is a lo different. No wonder our transfer dealings have been such a costly disaster. 

 

I could be way off the mark, but hey it's late at night now.

What boils my pi$$ is this seemingly Sky sports driven transfer window last day nonsense.
Why do clubs wait until 23:55 (Scotland) or 22:55 (England) to gets deals across the line when in fact they have had 30 DAYS to conclude transfers? I know that there is brinkmanship on all sides.....but this last day nonsense is surely poor management on all sides.
How many players have we missed out on, or have rushed through airports off the last flight into Edinburgh to conclude a deal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
10 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

 

I could be way off the mark, but hey it's late at night now.

What boils my pi$$ is this seemingly Sky sports driven transfer window last day nonsense.
Why do clubs wait until 23:55 (Scotland) or 22:55 (England) to gets deals across the line when in fact they have had 30 DAYS to conclude transfers? I know that there is brinkmanship on all sides.....but this last day nonsense is surely poor management on all sides.
How many players have we missed out on, or have rushed through airports off the last flight into Edinburgh to conclude a deal?

Almost like buying a house 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

 

I could be way off the mark, but hey it's late at night now.

What boils my pi$$ is this seemingly Sky sports driven transfer window last day nonsense.
Why do clubs wait until 23:55 (Scotland) or 22:55 (England) to gets deals across the line when in fact they have had 30 DAYS to conclude transfers? I know that there is brinkmanship on all sides.....but this last day nonsense is surely poor management on all sides.
How many players have we missed out on, or have rushed through airports off the last flight into Edinburgh to conclude a deal?

Absolutely, they have months to prepare for window opening so get the deals done ASAP. The problem I suppose this time was getting guys out the door to free up wages, but again that could’ve been set up in December, like getting Berra out on loan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, they have months to prepare for window opening so get the deals done ASAP. The problem I suppose this time was getting guys out the door to free up wages, but again that could’ve been set up in December, like getting Berra out on loan. 

How do you get guys out the door

-if no other club has expressed an interest?

- if a player chooses to sit tight?

- if who pays what cannot be agreed between us and interested (loan) clubs?

Edited by JamboAl
Link to post
Share on other sites
TexasAndy
12 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

 

I could be way off the mark, but hey it's late at night now.

What boils my pi$$ is this seemingly Sky sports driven transfer window last day nonsense.
Why do clubs wait until 23:55 (Scotland) or 22:55 (England) to gets deals across the line when in fact they have had 30 DAYS to conclude transfers? I know that there is brinkmanship on all sides.....but this last day nonsense is surely poor management on all sides.
How many players have we missed out on, or have rushed through airports off the last flight into Edinburgh to conclude a deal?

Spot on.  Sky Sports have turned the transfer window into a last day circus.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear

I got round to watching a bit of this and i found it a hard view.

 

Watching the team slide from defeat to defeat, unveiling the likes of Sibbick, Stendel manfully trying to keep positive when you have the nagging feeling nobody is really buying into it...painful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
On 20/11/2020 at 12:54, JamboAl said:

How do you get guys out the door

-if no other club has expressed an interest?

- if a player chooses to sit tight?

- if who pays what cannot be agreed between us and interested (loan) clubs?

I know the way football works  is a complete mystery to you. 
If you want rid of a player you
A, ask around your many contacts, agents/managers etc to see who needs an experienced CH for example. B, you make it abundantly clear to the player he doesn’t fit into your plans and can go, his agent will then try and get him a move. 
C, you make the deal happen, not sit around and wait until the last minute when it’s too late to replace them. Dundee for example said they couldn’t afford Berra early in the window but deal was done eventually. Not criticising the HR department for sitting on the phone ringing, that’s not their job to do the actual deal. 
D, if Damour for example sits tight which they are entitled to do you can only leave them out the first team picture, but with the deals your hero gave out with a high basic wage that doesn’t have much affect. 

You have to make the deals happen not wait around for something to turn up. We did it in January with Mulraney, Keena and eventually Berra, also in the summer with Burns, Washington, Uche, Garuccio, Doyle, Clare etc. 
It’s a normal and essential part of football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know the way football works  is a complete mystery to you. 
If you want rid of a player you
A, ask around your many contacts, agents/managers etc to see who needs an experienced CH for example. B, you make it abundantly clear to the player he doesn’t fit into your plans and can go, his agent will then try and get him a move. 
C, you make the deal happen, not sit around and wait until the last minute when it’s too late to replace them. Dundee for example said they couldn’t afford Berra early in the window but deal was done eventually. Not criticising the HR department for sitting on the phone ringing, that’s not their job to do the actual deal. 
D, if Damour for example sits tight which they are entitled to do you can only leave them out the first team picture, but with the deals your hero gave out with a high basic wage that doesn’t have much affect. 

You have to make the deals happen not wait around for something to turn up. We did it in January with Mulraney, Keena and eventually Berra, also in the summer with Burns, Washington, Uche, Garuccio, Doyle, Clare etc. 
It’s a normal and essential part of football. 

But HOW do you make the deals happen?

A.  Are you suggesting that hasn't been done?   Standard practice I would have thought.

B -  It is abundantly  clear to everyone that Damour doesn't fit; he's out of the picture but still here.   That I would guess is solely down to the player as the agent would most likely benefit with a percentage from any new deal.

C - Berra was just a loan and is still here.  Personally I hope he remains here for the rest of the season after last night's show.

D - Other clubs have to want them and the move must be suitable to the player, no doubt taking into account his family circumstances etc.  It obviously suited these players to move on with the exception of Doyle who is still a Hearts player but not every player is happy to keep changing clubs which often necessitates new living arrangements/children's school and whatever.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shooter McGavin

Had a feeling it would feature more fly on the wall, dressing room type scenes. 
 

Thank god it doesn’t.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh

Just watched part two and found it fairly enjoyable.  I wonder if there will be anything re the stitch up we find about about in part three that we haven't heard about. Re the glum faces and lack of welcome for the new coach at the go-karting, much ado about nothing. Time and again you could see there was a good atmosphere around the dressing room and training ground. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know where I can watch the current BBC series besides iPlayer?
Not living in the UK, so dont have access to it through the beeb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Slim Stylee
On 19/11/2020 at 12:21, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah nobody noticed when Burley was sacked and a sex offender replaced him. 

Not one of our greatest moments, tbh 🙁

Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Oooft 2 wummin interviewed already and folk helping out feeding the homeless. i8hearts'll be raging already.

 

Incoming attention seeking shite on its way....

Edited by been here before
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lsimp77 said:

The groundsmen getting more screen time than Levein is a disgrace. He is the reason we are a laughing stock in this documentary.

He’s not been very humorous so far, that’s true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

that task force thing was embarrassing, you could tell from the moment they told ann to front it that they were just humouring us, total waste of time

Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Premiership clubs were so clearly dead against Reconstruction you have to ask a lot of questions about the reasons for giving the impression it was something possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see this logic that Doncaster is using all the time,

 

"80% of the clubs voted for it so its fair" 

 

That is the most selfish and idiotic view of fairness you're likely to see

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kila said:

This is so sad about Stendel. Terrible way to be treated, especially after he gave up his entire wage. Was that even mentioned in this documentary?

 

This.  Diamond of a bloke.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...