BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No, but I look at the nick of the pitch and know of their ability.

All about opinions I guess. I think the pitch has looked fine since they sorted out the issue a few years back - with the exception of the few weeks during the festival last year.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

I have deliberately dodged both episodes so far, preferring to read what my fellow supporters on here think instead.

On all the JKB evidence I've seen so far I think I will continue to avoid watching it.

5 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

All about opinions I guess. I think the pitch has looked fine since they sorted out the issue a few years back - with the exception of the few weeks during the festival last year.

Are you one of the groundskeepers like? ;)  

3 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

I have deliberately dodged both episodes so far, preferring to read what my fellow supporters on here think instead.

On all the JKB evidence I've seen so far I think I will continue to avoid watching it.

😂 Sound logic.

been here before
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have spoken to McLaughlin on a few pissed up European tours and asked him if he was a Jambo and he said yes but really doubt it the way he speaks about us. Impartial BBC - give me a break.

There's a Mr Pot phoned. He's looking for his black kettle.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I do not hate, dislike or mistrust women no. However, I am honest enough, mature enough and big enough to have my own opinions. I feel that we have too many women with no or little experience in football running the show in the background at Hearts.  I feel that Budge sees someone with a background in human resources as suitable to do the human resources for a football club and attribute this to our staggering failures in recruitment since she came in. 

A bit if a misuse of the word 'Mature' I think with your constant attention seeking posts.  Not sure what's lacking in your life but can't you p*ss off to facebook or somewhere else??

Interesting that they didn't show the AGM at all. The dosumentary crew cameras were there. It was packed out attendance coming a few days after Stendel was appointed. It was the Ann Budge show but she is very competent in those situaitons and dealt with eveything very well. However, there was a question raised along he lines of "What happens if we are relegated?" and it would have been intersting to see the answer now with the benefit of hindsight.

47 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If you work in the hearts shop you should know who we are playing that day - no excuse not to.  Was very disappointed to see that - sums up a lot of the attitude of some that work in the shop.  They often take the fans for granted too.

Lol Peter and Co taking the pish and caught a few whoppers.

39 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Fair comment. I’m just not sure it’s as a major concern as jih is making it out to be. 

Yeah I’m not exactly going to grab the pitchfork but it did make us look a bit silly.

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nothing really controversial or that we didnt know already.

Plenty non hearts fans at work have watched it too.

What have they said about it?

13 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’m sure Stendel is a really nice guy.  I was amazed he got the job. I thought he was under qualified and far too inexperienced for this role at a club as big as Hearts.

Tonight’s Inside Tynecastle re-affirmed he was the wrong person anytime.

I’m sure he’s actually pleased he managed to ge let go!

Inexperienced, under qualified?

So tell me....where does Neilson meet the necessary qualifications?  

24 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Interesting that they didn't show the AGM at all. The dosumentary crew cameras were there. It was packed out attendance coming a few days after Stendel was appointed. It was the Ann Budge show but she is very competent in those situaitons and dealt with eveything very well. However, there was a question raised along he lines of "What happens if we are relegated?" and it would have been intersting to see the answer now with the benefit of hindsight.

I was there and when the question was asked there were a few slight sniggers etc from the audience and a slight bit of Ann being taken aback. but that was only for a second or two. I personally thought it was a very valid question to be asked.

2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Hey guys, meet your new assistant manager.

5-E61-B713-438-A-46-DF-B7-AA-5153640-F8-

Damour looking as enthusiastic as ever, bellend.

For me, that had to be the most uncomfortable bit to watch in what I though was a bit of a cringe-fest from start to finish.

3 minutes ago, David Black said:

I was there and when the question was asked there were a few slight sniggers etc from the audience and a slight bit of Ann being taken aback. but that was only for a second or two. I personally thought it was a very valid question to be asked.

Agreed. I was there too and it wasn't a popular question to be aired. Mind you the cameras might only have been there to capture a bit of atmosphere and not running during the business part.

20 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Inexperienced, under qualified?

So tell me....where does Neilson meet the necessary qualifications?  

Not sure.

Could it be that he has already won the Championship twice, the first of those the hardest there's ever been and by a record margin, scoring a record number of goals in the process? Then following that up by leading us to European competition the following year? And then into second place in the Premiership half way through the season after that?

Maybe?

2 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Not sure.

Could it be that he has already won the Championship twice, the first of those the hardest there's ever been and by a record margin, scoring a record number of goals in the process? Then following that up by leading us to European competition the following year? And then into second place in the Premiership half way through the season after that?

Maybe?

When Neilson first got the gig under Levein you could say he was inexperienced, under qualified especially when you consider his job at that time of appointment was putting the cones out for training.

No denying his achievement, albeit again with Levein pulling the strings in the background!

His only season in the premiership (to date) split opinion amongst the support.....He probably divided opinion more than any other manager / coach that I can remember with a few exceptions with Rix, & McGlynn coming to mind.
However at the end of the day his inexperience on certain occasions was exposed for all to see.

I'm delighted that Neilson is back, although disappointed that Stendel didn't get, or take the chance to put his stamp on the team. 

I'm also fairly confident that Neilson will not want to be remembered only as a coach that takes teams out of championships, but can do it in the top league. Time will tell.

Not quite sure why Brian McLaughlin's getting loads of stick. First off, he's a journalist so he's there to ask tricky questions (if he's doing his job properly) and secondly, what he asked was pretty much what was all over JKB at the time (ie what are Levein and MacPhee still doing here?)

been here before
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We have been run like a community centre since Budge came in. I called it about 5 years ago and it appears many people have been in denial or just not honest enough to admit it.

We will go up with no issues this season, I am in no doubt about that. The same shit will appear next season, again I am sure of that. Not even abject failure will make Budge realise that this is not Google headquarters, it is professional football envirinment built on winning and not box ticking and glitterAll this documentary has done is prove me right.

Its all there if you look for it between the lines.

Edited by been here before

46 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

When Neilson first got the gig under Levein you could say he was inexperienced, under qualified especially when you consider his job at that time of appointment was putting the cones out for training.

No denying his achievement, albeit again with Levein pulling the strings in the background!

His only season in the premiership (to date) split opinion amongst the support.....He probably divided opinion more than any other manager / coach that I can remember with a few exceptions with Rix, & McGlynn coming to mind.
However at the end of the day his inexperience on certain occasions was exposed for all to see.

I'm delighted that Neilson is back, although disappointed that Stendel didn't get, or take the chance to put his stamp on the team. 

I'm also fairly confident that Neilson will not want to be remembered only as a coach that takes teams out of championships, but can do it in the top league. Time will tell.

I suppose I'd argue he's already proved that he can.

It was admittedly brutal at times, and there are already signs that he will employing the same dull, measured style of football we didn't much like last time around.

I'd still rather watch us play brutal football while challenging at the top of the Prem than struggling at the bottom.  

Салатные палочки
3 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I didn't like Scott Wilson's remarks about how some fans would be happy just beating Hibs four times a season regardless of where we finish.  In my opinion it's not true, just gives Hibs fans some ammo and makes them think they're more important than they are.

For me, it would be more accurate to say some folk are angry if we don't beat Hibs 4 times a season regardless of where we finish. Most of us expect to beat Hibs more often than not but we also expect to beat most other teams as well and be at the right end of the table.

That annoyed me. Just feeds into their opinion that we only care about beating them. It clearly isn't true, we just always do. 

2 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

In the age of ignorance you are absolutely bossing it. 

:lol: 

2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

A bit if a misuse of the word 'Mature' I think with your constant attention seeking posts.  Not sure what's lacking in your life but can't you p*ss off to facebook or somewhere else??

It's pretty clear what's missing from his life...... the thing he hates the most.

Stephane Grappelli
53 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

That annoyed me. Just feeds into their opinion that we only care about beating them. It clearly isn't true, we just always do. 

Exactly!

48 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

In the age of ignorance you are absolutely bossing it. 

:lol: 

Not quite sure what you mean Des?

15 hours ago, karipidis said:

In fairness Pereira only played 2 more league games after st Johnstone, home to killie and away to Celtic so even if he had dropped him I don’t think we would have been in a much better position. More should have been done to get Craig Gordon in January. 

Potential 5 point swing if we had held onto a win in Perth and beat Killie at home. 

I was critical of us going for Gordon in Jan, but **** me im eating my words now 😔

3 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

For me, that had to be the most uncomfortable bit to watch in what I though was a bit of a cringe-fest from start to finish.

I thought as previously, there is a lack of professionalism within the club.

1 minute ago, DavidObua said:

Anyone else completely forget that Langer was signed and played for us until he appeared on screen? 😅

Genuinely forgot he existed!

Crikey forgot about him.

11 minutes ago, ford donald said:

I thought as previously, there is a lack of professionalism within the club.

Devoid of out and out winners other than Naismith, the rest seemed to think it was enough to just get a couple of results to get out of last place. And they seemed to just expect it to happen if they said it often enough, not realising the fate of the club was in THEIR hands. Winners are needed, in preparation for promotion.

Our office has the feel of an all women's book club with Budge popping in every now and again to sell some Avon products and distribute the cheese n wine.

11 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Devoid of out and out winners other than Naismith, the rest seemed to think it was enough to just get a couple of results to get out of last place. And they seemed to just expect it to happen if they said it often enough, not realising the fate of the club was in THEIR hands. Winners are needed, in preparation for promotion.

That is the insiight that has surprised me the most. No real sign than anyone at the club really appreciated what was required to avoid the drop or how to make it happen. GoKarting FFS! Give me strength. 😃

16 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

I would have though that majority of fans knew most of what has been said on the documentary. 

Not half stringing this out, I'll try again. The program will be watched by people who are not Hearts supporters and who know nothing about what has happened.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Our office has the feel of an all women's book club with Budge popping in every now and again to sell some Avon products and distribute the cheese n wine.

Sexism alive and well in the i8hibsh world

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, jamborod said:

Not quite sure why Brian McLaughlin's getting loads of stick. First off, he's a journalist so he's there to ask tricky questions (if he's doing his job properly) and secondly, what he asked was pretty much what was all over JKB at the time (ie what are Levein and MacPhee still doing here?)

If I recall, was that question directed at DS?  If so then it would be more appropriate for Anne budge to answer.  I think DS floundered a bit......I’d have said “ask the owner.......any football related questions to ask me”.......or something like that.

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sexism alive and well in the i8hibsh world

I tell you it is tough being a far right fascist, nazi, sectarian, racist, xenophobic, women hating, woman bashing, pant sniffing pervert.  Cut me some slack.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I do not hate, dislike or mistrust women no. However, I am honest enough, mature enough and big enough to have my own opinions. I feel that we have too many women with no or little experience in football running the show in the background at Hearts.  I feel that Budge sees someone with a background in human resources as suitable to do the human resources for a football club and attribute this to our staggering failures in recruitment since she came in. 

Your post contradicts that subjective clanger highlighted above, very dishonest.

You obviously haven't got a clue what HR do.  You actually think that she goes out looking for players and deciding who to sign?

From what we saw in the last two episodes it does appear that the leadership of the club seems to have a very Edinburgh City Council* vibe to it. 

No real sense of purpose, urgency, drive or real understanding of the core business. I'm sure they're mostly competent enough, but hardly came across as dynamic or driven leaders. 

*I've never worked for ECC, so the analogy is born out of (perhaps misinformed) perceptions of how they operate.

25 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

😄😄 there must be a woman that lives rent free in your head that you just can't get over!! There has to be a reason you dislike them so much!

59 minutes ago, DavidObua said:

Anyone else completely forget that Langer was signed and played for us until he appeared on screen? 😅

Genuinely forgot he existed!

Nope, he played versus Falkirk in the  Scottish cup.   Gave brown a sore one at celtic Park, got sent off. 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The whole programme annoyed me last night. We look like we're run by a bridge club committee. 

Its either one one of two things; the makers don't have a clue or  they've had selective access.

I'd be angry if not once the very real threat of relegation wasn't mentioned by the board the manager and the players. 

All the focus shouldve been about about how to avoid relegation. We saw a bit of training but nothing from the dressing room during a match day.

The signings were atrocious, the defending worse and no one seemed to care when we lost.

I think we look a better team off the pitch than we do on it, we look slick behind the scenes. Very impressed with both parts and I'd say to any Jambo thinking it makes us look bad, far from it

42 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

That is the insiight that has surprised me the most. No real sign than anyone at the club really appreciated what was required to avoid the drop or how to make it happen. GoKarting FFS! Give me strength. 😃

It wasn't about just having fun gokarting.  Stendel said it was to bond the team together, give them something to talk about.   I would like to highlight damours face at that point.   It tells me there was a lack of communication.  I refer back to the barracks visit as well to improve that link between players.   That wasn't in the episodes recently. 

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I've worked in half a dozen different organisations. Not one of them had an HR director or manager who had prior experience relevant to the organisation's business. Most of those HR professionals were very good at HR and interacted extremely well with the technical specialist managers across the organisations. The idea that someone in HR should be specialist in 'football club HR' is a nonsense. Should the catering manager have special characteristics suited to a football club? The IT manager?

Pure lunacy, man!!!!

(I just felt I should inject a bit of hyperbole, there.)

6 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I didn't like Scott Wilson's remarks about how some fans would be happy just beating Hibs four times a season regardless of where we finish.  In my opinion it's not true, just gives Hibs fans some ammo and makes them think they're more important than they are.

For me, it would be more accurate to say some folk are angry if we don't beat Hibs 4 times a season regardless of where we finish. Most of us expect to beat Hibs more often than not but we also expect to beat most other teams as well and be at the right end of the table.

Quite a few years ago, after one of the seasons where Hibs had been relegated, the TV news interviewed a Hearts fan, presumably for some 'balance' in the piece being broadcast about said relegation. They picked the right guy, who basically said, "I'm gutted!" (...pause for effect...) "There goes a guaranteed 12 points next season."

That's a healthy perspective. It's more that each game is a highlight but it's not the be all and end all.

44 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not half stringing this out, I'll try again. The program will be watched by people who are not Hearts supporters and who know nothing about what has happened.

I don’t think that was ever in doubt. Although you would think Hearts fans would be there major target demographic.