BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I felt there was enough in the programme regarding the women’s team , winning the league would make it more mentionable in the programme I’d have thought . 

Overall I think we’ve dodged a bullet in the way the programme has been edited and shown , that’s not to say there isn’t room for improvement at the top and is possibly why the new CEO is in AND JJ getting a position 

Have yet to watch the 3rd episode but that's my impression so far as this could easily have been an embarrassing hatchet job.

Quite why any Hearts fan would want that is beyond me.

And the saga of 2020 and our expulsion is a completely separate documentary to be made and hopefully will happen when Doncaster and his cronies are thrown out.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have yet to watch the 3rd episode but that's my impression so far as this could easily have been an embarrassing hatchet job.

And the saga of 2020 and our expulsion is a completely separate documentary to be made and hopefully will happen when Doncaster and his cronies are thrown out.

The only time my anger showed was in last nights episode when the RR prick and doncaster were on , was even told to watch my language 😂😂😂

given what was going on I’m glad there was little, if anything ,our rivals could use against us and for that I’m great full 

A few misogynistic quotes on this thread. The irony of that is the women employed at the club were doing a far better job than the men!

While the series wasn’t ‘gripping’ it did give a good insight into what some of the unsung heroes are doing at the club. Plenty of good work being done despite the fact that the first team were rank.

38 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The only time my anger showed was in last nights episode when the RR prick and doncaster were on , was even told to watch my language 😂😂😂

given what was going on I’m glad there was little, if anything ,our rivals could use against us and for that I’m great full 

Aye i swore at the tv when they 2 clowns were on, 

SectionDJambo
45 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hearts fans can be really hard to work out. Superb in our financial backing of the club, in the past and present. But we seem to have a very low tolerance level of any adversity on the pitch, or perceived poor running of our club. Fans, at Tynecastle, are notoriously quick to show displeasure to the players. It's not an environment which will encourage or inspire players to perform better, quite the opposite.

Maybe it's a result of the near disaster we faced a few years ago, with a fear that it could happen again, with a different outcome. But, worryingly, there seems to have emerged a breed of fan who thrives on our recent shortcomings and failures, and is happy to discourage any positivity that may help to help us progress successfully.

Thank goodness the internet wasn't around for most of the 36 years it took us to win a trophy, whilst being so bad, for a significant period, that we couldn't stay in the top league 2 years running.

So, the documentary is now over. Beforehand i was hoping for more insight into the dodgy dealings of the SPFhelL, the Dundee vote, the court case, fan fury at our demise etc but overall it was more about following Ann around the place while she chats to colleagues. It wouldn't surprise me if there is still enough footage that was edited out lying around to make another couple of episodes. It was interesting to an extent but largely a bit meh! and underwhelming. From following Ann around to watching the groundsmen throw grass seed down, fancy expensive food being served up to watching shoddy journalists not investigating thoroughly...it was all a bit, well, weak is probably the best way to describe it. Of course, it is BBC Scotland. Their broadcasts on anything to do with Scottish football is pretty hap-hazzard and amateurish at the best of times, including presenters on Sportscene. They couldn't have picked a better club to do a documentary on given the state we are/were in but there it is. Still glad they chose our club, overall. Imagine how boring it would've been if it was about Celtic and them winning everything....yawn!

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Hearts fans can be really hard to work out. Superb in our financial backing of the club, in the past and present. But we seem to have a very low tolerance level of any adversity on the pitch, or perceived poor running of our club. Fans, at Tynecastle, are notoriously quick to show displeasure to the players. It's not an environment which will encourage or inspire players to perform better, quite the opposite.

Maybe it's a result of the near disaster we faced a few years ago, with a fear that it could happen again, with a different outcome. But, worryingly, there seems to have emerged a breed of fan who thrives on our recent shortcomings and failures, and is happy to discourage any positivity that may help to help us progress successfully.

Thank goodness the internet wasn't around for most of the 36 years it took us to win a trophy, whilst being so bad, for a significant period, that we couldn't stay in the top league 2 years running.

Yeah, i see that as well (knowing full well how guilty i am of it at times).

If Gary Locke hadn't been in the programme I might have fallen asleep.

Without focusing on characters or getting any decent insights I thought it was a poor documentary.

Was worth watching because I'm interested in all things Hearts related but I even flicked over to the Wolves game at a couple of points last night and I didn't care about that game.

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

McGlauchlin, Scotland’s most experienced sports journalist, types like a 5 year old. 

:biglaugh:

Exactly what I thought. It may have been the angle of the camera but it seemed as though the letters on his keyboard were colour coded, too.

3 hours ago, jamborod said:

Thought part three was poor. Yes, of course, trying to film at the start of an unknown pandemic must have created huge problems for the production team. But the series as a whole lacked reaction at the time in favour of later news-type soundbites (Roberts, Freer pre-season) which any broadcaster could have picked up.

Other than Ann Budge and, to a much lesser extent, Gary Locke and the groundsman, there weren’t characters to follow through the series - a real strength of the Sunderland documentary.

The enforced demotion was, for me, sanitised beyond belief. The anger that many of us felt at the time wasn’t reflected. No mention of us being told to stop training once we’d gone back. Am sure the SPFL were happy with the way it was all covered though so that’s all good.

I watched it through to the end because is was Hearts. I wouldn't have stuck it out for any other team. It was bland and, as you say, sanitised. Far too cosy. I've not watched the Sunderland or Spurs equivalents but the fly on the wall documentaries of the All Blacks and the Aussie cricketers are far more engaging (I don't even like cricket!)

There were lots of missed opportunities to make it more hard-hitting, not least the points you've mentioned around the season's curtailment and the bizarre situation of being told not to train. The player pieces to camera looked scripted and out of character - I'd like to think that Naisy has more to say about the situation. Only the treatment of Stendel came across as unvarnished.

11 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

:biglaugh:

Exactly what I thought. It may have been the angle of the camera but it seemed as though the letters on his keyboard were colour coded, too.

I watched it through to the end because is was Hearts. I wouldn't have stuck it out for any other team. It was bland and, as you say, sanitised. Far too cosy. I've not watched the Sunderland or Spurs equivalents but the fly on the wall documentaries of the All Blacks and the Aussie cricketers are far more engaging (I don't even like cricket!)

There were lots of missed opportunities to make it more hard-hitting, not least the points you've mentioned around the season's curtailment and the bizarre situation of being told not to train. The player pieces to camera looked scripted and out of character - I'd like to think that Naisy has more to say about the situation. Only the treatment of Stendel came across as unvarnished.

I watched the Spurs one and what was most interesting was how Jose engaged with the players and motivated them. It was as much a documentary on him than the club.

It pretty much resurrected Jose's respect in the game.

Worth it for Danny Rose making an arse of himself as well.

36 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

If Gary Locke hadn't been in the programme I might have fallen asleep.

Without focusing on characters or getting any decent insights I thought it was a poor documentary.

Was worth watching because I'm interested in all things Hearts related but I even flicked over to the Wolves game at a couple of points last night and I didn't care about that game.

I'd pay good money for a stream of Gary Locke commentating on a Derby match..

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just watched part 3.  I thought it was actually ok.

Are you sure you watched it? I thought Ann came across very poorly in last nights episode. Absolute cannon fodder for you in many respects.

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Are you sure you watched it? I thought Ann came across very poorly in last nights episode. Absolute cannon fodder for you in many respects.

She is horrendous but I got a warm feeling throughout. Ann is not Hearts to me.  I do feel for her though as she is deflated by the look of it.  I really wish she would just fully retire. She will have worked het arse off her whole life.  I wish her a long happy retirement.

:sob:

11 hours ago, jamborich said:

Take it your post is aimed at me since I made the James hunt comment, Ann Budge has always be open to criticism ffs I had a go at her about her loyalty to Levein, she has backed every manager she has employed they have made the mistakes not her

As CEO of any big company, the buck stops with her. 

Her appointments of cathro, neilson (x2) and stendel are mistakes imo as they're not experienced enough for a big club like Hearts. She gave levein far too long and too much responsibility. I dread to think how much money he has wasted on garbage signings. He should have been away after the cup final at the very latest. 

Employing her brother for the new stand is a conflict of interest and by all accounts, he wasnt experienced or qualified enough to take that size of project on. 

She has overseen 4 poor seasons for the club. 

Although appreciative for her putting her money up at the start, she will get that back and more, unlike the fans. She is a good business woman but I feel she is out of her depth at running a football club. Looking forward to FOH taking over and us appointing someone who can drive us forward.

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Her appointments of cathro, neilson (x2) and stendel are mistakes imo as they're not experienced enough for a big club like Hearts. She gave levein far too long and too much responsibility. I dread to think how much money he has wasted on garbage signings. He should have been away after the cup final at the very latest. 

Employing her brother for the new stand is a conflict of interest and by all accounts, he wasnt experienced or qualified enough to take that size of project on. 

Although appreciative for her putting her money up at the start, she will get that back and more, unlike the fans. She is a good business woman but I feel she is out of her depth at running a football club. Looking forward to FOH taking over and us appointing someone who can drive us forward.

I can't really argue with your post.

On the highlighted part that was her biggest failing. By her own admission she knew little or nothing about the footballing side of running the club which is why she appointed CL.

She probably gave him too much trust and allowed him a free reign which has resulted in where we are today.

Hindsight is a great thing though the trick is not to make the same mistake twice.

Hopefully she hasn't.

6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The CEO is already in place and he should be driving us forward now. If we're doing this right, we as fans shouldn't even notice that AB is gone. 

2 minutes ago, EH11 said:

The CEO is already in place and he should be driving us forward now. If we're doing this right, we as fans shouldn't even notice that AB is gone. 

He’s been in place for six months now and we’ve only heard from him when he started. If he’s driving us forward he’s doing it very quietly. 

27 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Lee McCulloch, gets called Jig I've no idea why. The reference was to his new teeth.

Jigsaw - falls to pieces in the box.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Well that’s very much the opposite from what I’m being told by my daughter and other players . In fact after the last person in charge the women are getting coached better and are enjoying their football again .( it only needs a victory now though!)

Kirk has the backing of the team 

The opposite of what I’ve heard but there you go. 

Borders Jambo

Firstly, I will say I am commenting on this without having seen episode 3 as yet.  To date the episodes I have seen have been enjoyable if a little dull but certainly not the cringefest I thought they may be.

I have always supported AB and FOH and still think AB needs to be heavily involved in the future. 

I consider myself a v experienced HR professional and if it is true that we appointed RN before Daniel S was told, that is incredibly poor, very bad practice and simply not v professional. I'm not aware of the background but surely the announcement of RN (which I think was needed) should not have taken place until DS and his team were all told first.  Aside from the HR aspects, surely DS and his team should have been given that respect.  I can honestly say I wouldn't have wanted to be involved in any appointment process that panned out like that and I find it hard to believe that DS was unable to be contacted in this day and age.

As a Club, we pride ourselves on aspects such as fair wage, presumably decent working conditions for employees.  I don't think it sounds as if we gave DS and his team the same levels of human decency.     

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She is horrendous but I got a warm feeling throughout. Ann is not Hearts to me.  I do feel for her though as she is deflated by the look of it.  I really wish she would just fully retire. She will have worked het arse off her whole life.  I wish her a long happy retirement.

:sob:

Ann Budge is Hearts at the moment everything revolves around her, Mrs B as she seems to be known to her staff. She clearly wants people around her she knows, only a bad thing if they're the wrong person for the job. Neilson fits in as he was her pal Craigs pick. Most alarmingly though she doesn't care in we lose. 

I'm all for a happy work place but I'm hoping off camera theres a lot more raised voices and a desire to win not just look good.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s been in place for six months now and we’ve only heard from him when he started. If he’s driving us forward he’s doing it very quietly. 

Look at you criticising the club, spot on though 😎

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Firstly, I will say I am commenting on this without having seen episode 3 as yet.  To date the episodes I have seen have been enjoyable if a little dull but certainly not the cringefest I thought they may be.

I have always supported AB and FOH and still think AB needs to be heavily involved in the future. 

I consider myself a v experienced HR professional and if it is true that we appointed RN before Daniel S was told, that is incredibly poor, very bad practice and simply not v professional. I'm not aware of the background but surely the announcement of RN (which I think was needed) should not have taken place until DS and his team were all told first.  Aside from the HR aspects, surely DS and his team should have been given that respect.  I can honestly say I wouldn't have wanted to be involved in any appointment process that panned out like that and I find it hard to believe that DS was unable to be contacted in this day and age.

As a Club, we pride ourselves on aspects such as fair wage, presumably decent working conditions for employees.  I don't think it sounds as if we gave DS and his team the same levels of human decency.     

Spot on, the treatment of Stendel flies in the face of how she treated everyone else and certainly wouldn’t have done it to Levein. 
You should watch it, Stendel clearly deserved more. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, the treatment of Stendel flies in the face of how she treated everyone else and certainly wouldn’t have done it to Levein. 
You should watch it, Stendel clearly deserved more. 

100%

Kidd’s Boots
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think that's the smart move for now, keep things out of the headlines and focused on the team for a while as the plans are finalised for transition. I'd also imagine that he has a few business case scenarios to compile that are top of the to do list.

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The opposite of what I’ve heard but there you go. 

Well if your info is from within the changing room ,we’re on a level footing  , if however it’s from outside the changing room,  I’ll go with what I’m being told . 

5 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

I think that's the smart move for now, keep things out of the headlines and focused on the team for a while as the plans are finalised for transition. I'd also imagine that he has a few business case scenarios to compile that are top of the to do list.

It’s a question of how much is Ann stepping back to just being chairperson now we have a CEO. It’s not clear. 

kingantti1874

Did not enjoy. Assume there will be no more of these horror shows..

revealed the club was soft as shite 

Edited by kingantti1874

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Well if your info is from within the changing room ,we’re on a level footing  , if however it’s from outside the changing room,  I’ll go with what I’m being told . 

Second hand from the dressing room, you win. Here’s hoping results get better. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

After watching Part 3, I'm glad Budge is no longer CEO. I can see why the nest of vipers see her as a soft touch.

Did I hear right did one of our office females actually say" long time no see hon" to Robbie or words to that effect, if so a man says that......