BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Just watched the second episode. I took to Garry Locke when he was speaking at half time on one of your matches that was on bbc Scotland and the documentary seemed to back this up as a positive guy. Tongie swearing in the Motherwell match too, miss him at Barnsley. As an outsider it obviously wasnt as in depth at STID or the Spurs documentary but you got a feeling of what Daniel was all about. Personally I enjoyed the hospitality bit, the food looked great! 

Locke has come across really well, more suited to that job than coaching. 
Dale wasn’t the only one swearing at that mistake by Halkett. 
We’ve won awards for the restaurant this year, at least something is going well. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Locke has come across really well, more suited to that job than coaching. 
Dale wasn’t the only one swearing at that mistake by Halkett. 
We’ve won awards for the restaurant this year, at least something is going well. 

I'm not sure Lockie was suited by management but he was a decent coach by all accounts. His home is Tynecastle though and if he can't be in the dressing room or dugout then his current role is ideal for him and the club. He bleeds maroon that man.

36 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Yep, that's my recollection too. Also some chat of relegation clauses in contracts IIRC. There'll be an AGM thread a year ago I'd guess. There were questions on the state of the pitch (it's fine, nobody complains about playing on it), sacking of Levein (should have come earlier admitted Ann), injuries (everyone will be back very soon)

Vast majority of players did have according to Jacqui Duncan.

Consultants had recommended an overseeding exercise to sort iirc 

There is a chance they already were, but not formally in a 'boardminuted' fashion.

If AB said at the AGM that we were, folk would be saying no wonder we will likely get relegated with attitude.

C'est la vie.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

There is a chance they already were, but not formally in a 'boardminuted' fashion.

If AB said at the AGM that we were, folk would be saying no wonder we will likely get relegated with attitude.

C'est la vie.

Personally I'm more disgusted with the attitude of the billy big baws playing staff who didn't give a shit of we were relegated. Clearly a lot of them had a clause in their contracts.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

C'est la vie.

Understand your point. But I think a better approach would have been to make it clear that the form of the last 18 moths was unacceptable and things would have to change. We sounded horribly complacent and maybe that communicated to the players. Performances certainly were consistent with that.

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I'm not sure Lockie was suited by management but he was a decent coach by all accounts. His home is Tynecastle though and if he can't be in the dressing room or dugout then his current role is ideal for him and the club. He bleeds maroon that man.

He failed miserably as a manager and can’t get a job as that or a coach, he’s perfect where he is doing what he does. 

Diadora Van Basten
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Locke has come over well and seems to be enjoying himself in a job that’s perfect for him. 

Agreed but I think he doesn’t really have a role as such he’s more there for morale.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Personally I'm more disgusted with the attitude of the billy big baws playing staff who didn't give a shit of we were relegated. Clearly a lot of them had a clause in their contracts.

Budge said they all have clauses in their contracts, to lose a certain percentage of their monthly salary if we were relegated. If that didn’t motivate them what would? Poor recruitment to say the least.  

Diadora Van Basten
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Spurs and Man city ones are a much better watch. 

Agreed I think it’s interesting to watch Mourinho and Guardiola instead of the finance director and groundsman.

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Agreed but I think he doesn’t really have a role as such he’s more there for morale.

Yeah, he is like the friendly janitor probably first in last oot 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He’s got a desk and everything, not sure what the Ambassador job entails to be honest. The others don’t exactly seem to be the life and soul of the party 😆

Stephane Grappelli
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

They looked like normal down-to-earth people doing their jobs in a normal, down-to-earth way, and most looked faintly embarrassed about being on camera which is completely in keeping with the British and Scottish character. We're not America where everyone seems born to be on TV. We're a down to earth country in general, where loud brash "go-getters" and flashy so and sos are generally treated with suspicion (rightly!), and most workplaces in my experience reflect that. Maybe if someone starts a discussion about what biscuits to stock the kitchen with, we'd see some passion. That's always a controversial topic in my experience.

Are Bourbons acceptable?  I've found myself getting right back into Bourbons during lockdown. Just arsed three there now with a coffee but having to restrain myself or I can see the whole packet being demolished before bedtime.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Agreed I think it’s interesting to watch Mourinho and Guardiola instead of the finance director and groundsman.

It would’ve been interesting to see what the Head Scout does but he was in it only briefly and didn’t seem to have much to do with signing players last January. 

Diadora Van Basten
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would’ve been interesting to see what the Head Scout does but he was in it only briefly and didn’t seem to have much to do with signing players last January. 

Given how bad our recruitment has been you can’t blame the head scout for wanting to keep a low profile. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Bit harsh on Lockie who has fundamentally taken over Robbo's role.

What is that though, as I said he’s come across well and seems to be enjoying himself. He and Stendel were the only two that had a bit of energy and enthusiasm in the two programmes so far. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Given how bad our recruitment has been you can’t blame the head scout for wanting to keep a low profile. 

I think he deserves his fair share of the blame to be honest, can’t believe Jeffries asked him to stay. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

What is that though, as I said he’s come across well and seems to be enjoying himself. He and Stendel were the only two that had a bit of energy and enthusiasm in the two programmes so far. 

Club ambassador, meet and greeter 7 days a week, Hearts rep at fans funeral if attendance asked, taking Scottish Cup and League Cup round schools in the spring when Covid vaccine programme in full swing and we are back to some normality....and a hundred other things no doubt.

:)

WoolfordsHearts
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Indeed Stendels career progression will be interesting. I’d be very surprised if he is ever a ‘number 1’ at a club as big (or bigger) than Hearts. Most likely a solid ‘number 2’ at a lower league club. He looked stressed and out of his depth, I’m sure it was a relief (for him) that his contract was not extended. Nice guy, I wish him well.

He managed Barnsley in the English championship,so your post is gash tbh.

Edited by WoolfordsHearts

8 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

He managed Barnsley in the English championship,so your post is gash tbh.

And Hanover.

Edited by Redhelen

3 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Just watched last nights episode, I love Danny Boy, gutted it didn’t work out for him at your club, but I think their was way too much work for him to do, to implement his style of play on the squad you had, he got a few months, when he needed a few transfer windows, truth be told. When he came to us we was already set up for his footballing philosophy, so he hit the ground running, when he went to hearts he needed to change the club from top to bottom to get it functioning how he wanted and he wasn’t afforded that luxury before is time was up. 

Good analogy and right on the button. I also think our CEO realised it wasn’t working out for both parties and was maybe starting to regret the appointment. She wasn’t going to pawn the family jewels to give DS the autonomy he required.

The demotion suited us to part ways as he was offered a significantly reduced salary to remain as manager. When he hesitated she moved for Robbie. Our club will be better for the new appointment and hopefully we can move the rest of the deadwood left at the end of the season. 

As for the programme, then I tried to pick up where I left off last night but it was so uninspiring that I switched it off. Don’t think I’ll watch part three. Nothing to really see imo. Steve MaClean and Waste of space Damour actually infuriate me to the point that my Tourette’s syndrome retuned as I screamed obscenities at the tv. Switched off for master chef the professionals 

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He failed miserably as a manager and can’t get a job as that or a coach, he’s perfect where he is doing what he does. 

Do you you know how many coaches jobs he's failed to get??

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Budge said they all have clauses in their contracts, to lose a certain percentage of their monthly salary if we were relegated. If that didn’t motivate them what would? Poor recruitment to say the least.  

I think a lot of them could leave if we were relegated and maybe the % drop wasn't that high and they were happy to take it. Either way a less Hearts like team I've rarely seen. Even some of our really shite teams at least cared and put the effort in. 

2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Answer at AGM was a long lines of

'Not even thinking about it'

'If things don't improve by March, we'll need to start to do contingency planning'

Thanks bud 

AlphonseCapone

Baffling how many folk don't understand the scope of this documentary. 

P. S. I detest last year's squad so much. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He did do it with us in the top league. We were never below 3rd under him last time around - incredibly consistent given his inexperience. Won our first 5 games back in the Premiership when we got promoted, a run only brought to an end by a ridiculous red card decision on Calum Paterson. The next season he only lost 3 league games in 15, one a narrow defeat vs Celtic in which we had the better of the game despite the ref booking almost every Hearts player, and had us in 2nd when he left.

Hard to argue with any of that TJ.....Without getting off topic it makes you wonder why there was a high degree of animosity towards Neilson. With that record why did he divide opinion?

Personally his best game as manager happened to be the last one against the Rangers. maybe making a point? 
Stendel for me was the real deal. I think most here were delighted when after a long protracted period of time he finally put pen to paper. (Getting deals over the line has always been a real problem for cautious Ann).

One transfer window was never going to be enough to build a decent squad, but it was certainly long enough for him to pin point the phoneys in our team, Mulraney being high up on the list.  

Happy that Robbie has now got the place to himself, and that he has his own team in place. His results to date have been promising and long may that continue.

However, there will always be a part of me that will think of Stendel's tenure as "What if?"

been here before
42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s got a desk and everything, not sure what the Ambassador job entails to be honest. The others don’t exactly seem to be the life and soul of the party 😆

Dishing out the Ferrero Rocher.

"Thees Lockee 'e ees spoiling us"

Edited by been here before

On 16/11/2020 at 21:29, kila said:

Green backlit bar in hospitality... really?

saw that and did a double take. have to say though I'm very relieved that we aren't being slaughtered, some sharp editing and this could easily of looked very different.

Enjoying seeing Stendel again and really sorry it didn't work out, got the feeling that could of been some journey. That said given the cards we were dealt we have arrived in a good place with Robbie.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Club ambassador, meet and greeter 7 days a week, Hearts rep at fans funeral if attendance asked, taking Scottish Cup and League Cup round schools in the spring when Covid vaccine programme in full swing and we are back to some normality....and a hundred other things no doubt.

:)

Should keep him busy 😃

WoolfordsHearts
9 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

He was no.1 at Hanover.

I was being sarcastic to the poster who was stating the Hearts would be his biggest achievement. 👍

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Do you you know how many coaches jobs he's failed to get??

I think a lot of them could leave if we were relegated and maybe the % drop wasn't that high and they were happy to take it. Either way a less Hearts like team I've rarely seen. Even some of our really shite teams at least cared and put the effort in. 

Relegation clauses were about 25% of their wage, Budge mentioned the cut in salary they took would be about th same so their wage stayed at a similar amount. No players have a clause that they can leave if relegated for nothing, not even we would put that in and potentially cost us millions. Boyce for example seems to have a £300k clause to be able to leave. 
Agreed about the team not trying, or caring, unfortunately for them it’s brought the ones who are still there and not good enough back into focus. 
As for Locke who knows but as he said himself he still wants to coach/manage, yet he’s working for us as an ambassador, a job for life that he should keep doing. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

No surprise there then. 

7 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

I was being sarcastic to the poster who was stating the Hearts would be his biggest achievement. 👍

Sorry!! 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Relegation clauses were about 25% of their wage, Budge mentioned the cut in salary they took would be about th same so their wage stayed at a similar amount. No players have a clause that they can leave if relegated for nothing, not even we would put that in and potentially cost us millions. Boyce for example seems to have a £300k clause to be able to leave. 
Agreed about the team not trying, or caring, unfortunately for them it’s brought the ones who are still there and not good enough back into focus. 
As for Locke who knows but as he said himself he still wants to coach/manage, yet he’s working for us as an ambassador, a job for life that he should keep doing. 

And there's the issue we paid some of them about 25% more than we should have so they'll take the cut and sit on their arse doing nothing. 

Lockie is a really decent bloke and he has a family here so id imagine unless something close to home comes up he'll stay at Tynecastle for as long as he wants. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

And there's the issue we paid some of them about 25% more than we should have so they'll take the cut and sit on their arse doing nothing. 

Lockie is a really decent bloke and he has a family here so id imagine unless something close to home comes up he'll stay at Tynecastle for as long as he wants. 

Agreed we pay them too much, and the crazy bonus system doesn’t help. 
As I said Locke comes over really well, he seems to enjoy his job and appears to be good at it. 

Not too keen Janine, seems overly involved and known to try and hang around the players all the time and think the fact we had Jackie who is nothing but a glorified accountant running the club at such a critical period is shocking.   We have made an arse of so many things over the last few years but hopefully turned a corner now.

11 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh, you could work in restaurant and not know what’s on the menu too but it doesn’t say much for you as an a employee or your employer.

No ones expecting them to give lectures on the clubs history but it’s not exactly a great ask to expect to know if there’s a game that day and who against.

Agreed

she should have known who were playing 

Bazzas right boot

Next time Hearts need to recruit any staff  ranging from  the boardroom to actual players they should look no further than here. 

From HR to medical, admin to finance, from playing the game and scouting to the boardroom itself - the amount of latent talent and foresight on this notice board is amazing. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Next time Hearts need to recruit any staff  ranging from  the boardroom to actual players they should look no further than here. 

From HR to medical, admin to finance, from playing the game and scouting to the boardroom itself - the amount of latent talent and foresight on this notice board is amazing. 

I doubt the combined talents of JKB could have done worst on the playing side than Budge/Levein over the last couple of seasons.

1 hour ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

The Hearts will the biggest club he'll ever be"number 1" at though.....

This is true but ...... time will tell ....

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I doubt the combined talents of JKB could have done worst on the playing side than Budge/Levein over the last couple of seasons.

I have no doubt it would be far worse, a match day thread  confirms this. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I have no doubt it would be far worse, a match day thread  confirms this. 

Hmmmm. League 1 or whatever it is called? With even random signings and tactics? 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Budge seems to stick with people she knows, regardless of whether they are the right person for the job. 

The sign of someone who doesn’t trust strangers but puts too much trust in those they know. 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

So do most Hibbies if you punch them in the face hard enough, often enough.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Trouble is, you've got to sift through an enormous amount of shite to find it.

Love y'all!! 💋