BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

It's a pity there wasn't more coverage of the Hickey transfer saga - the only bit was a quick comment from Ann at a meeting about a media report of his transfer being done & dusted was incorrect !!    Nice one, the inference being that the headline related to Sellick !!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

25 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Doncaster sitting there saying 80% thought it was the fairest way and showing no signs of being in disagreement???? Yet looked for powers subsequently to avoid the same again. 

It was all I could do not to boot my telly when that pig faced arsehole appeared on the screen!!

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So my entire life it has all been about the first team. No mention or sniff of a female's team. Now a bunch of young ladies who would lose to Broomhouse P5's get established and in some way we have to broaden our minds to it?

I simply do not give the slightest **** about it.  If Hibs ladies beat our ladies 178 nil I simply would not give even a grain of sand of a ****.  Nowt personal to the ladies but their team is as much of an insignificance to me as to what a crane fly had for dinner last Thursday.

You would hate it in Germany where football clubs have handball teams and god knows what else. 

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It was all I could do not to boot my telly when that pig faced arsehole appeared on the screen!!

Not worth it. 

16 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

There was a break clause in Stendel’s contract. Ann exercised it. The end. No one forced him to sign his contract.

PS of course I feel sorry for him.

Indeed.  And Daniel had the right to exercise it too if he so wished ..... but Ann did it first. Considering it was during a lockdown when travel was severely restricted (or impossible) between Germany & UK for the foreseeable future,  it doesn't seem unreasonable  for Ann to want to go for a Scottish manager as quick as possible ..... the only other one she knew, actually.    But yes, it didn't look good the way Daniel found out about it. 

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup, you are right. I would rather watch a squad of 18 year old lassies getting humped 45 nil of Glasgow Green 

🤣🤣🤣

37 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Honestly.....?......Everything has been a bed of roses under her stewardship hasn't it.....Regression in league performance year after year.

Continual burying the head in the sand in failing to act from a footballing perspective in the best interest of the club. But that's OK cause we have got "Save the Children" on the shirts

This programme covering a short period of time in our history but it more than highlighted the malaise that's been around for years

Finally..Less of the James Hunt nonsense......

The points you made in your earlier posts are spot on.

You cant say anything about queen Ann on here or get accused of being a hobo - or a james hunt in your case!! I'm not sure what the biggest insult is! 😂

Because she put her cash in to take us out of administration 6 years, which we all appreciated, she seems to be devoid of any criticism. 

24 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

There was a break clause in Stendel’s contract. Ann exercised it. The end. No one forced him to sign his contract.

PS of course I feel sorry for him.

He should have been afforded a wee bit humility. Okay, enforce the clause if that's what you think the correct course of action is, but surely he deserves the respect of being told face to face, or iPad to iPad as the case may be.

Treated like shite. Not good enough and not what I'd expect from my club!

I haven't watched the final episode yet, but I do get the impression that promoting the women in key positions at our club (and in professional football as a result) is one of the purposes of the documentary.

I don't have a problem with that at all. What I do have a problem with, is that they don't seem to be doing a very good job. 

Just finished the third episode on catch up.

Obviously the Stendel termination was handled very badly and it would be good to find out more about that. Did they feel pressured to announce it early due to the strong rumours and/or pressure from DU? 

All very superficial generally but good to see around the stadium again. Will be great to get back for a match.  

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Shocking treatment of Stendel, she wouldn’t have done that to Levein. 

She didn’t 

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The points you made in your earlier posts are spot on.

You cant say anything about queen Ann on here or get accused of being a hobo - or a james hunt in your case!! I'm not sure what the biggest insult is! 😂

Because she put her cash in to take us out of administration 6 years, which we all appreciated, she seems to be devoid of any criticism. 

Take it your post is aimed at me since I made the James hunt comment, Ann Budge has always be open to criticism ffs I had a go at her about her loyalty to Levein, she has backed every manager she has employed they have made the mistakes not her

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, pointon said:

Whole thing was a puff piece and the boardroom is like a scene from The Golden Girls

The Golden Girls was funny. 

SectionDJambo

A few points, if I may.

BBC Scotland decided what they covered and edited the film accordingly to what they wanted to show. As far as I’m aware, Hearts didn’t dictate what was to be covered. So the stuff about the Women’s team was a BBC Scotland decision, not Hearts. Many clubs have a Women’s team, not just Hearts.

The way Daniel Stendel was replaced cannot be excused in today’s world of communication. I have a son in Singapore and a mate in Melbourne, both of whom I can communicate easily with, so contacting Stendel in Germany should have been no problem.

The faux outrage from the media and some football fans, over Stendel, is hypocrisy of the highest order. Criticised when he was here for things ranging from his hair to his tactics, it was clear that him being foreign made him an easy target for the usual suspects.

I have no problem with them showing Hearts providing food for homeless people as part of the Big Hearts initiative. It’s what a big business in any area should aspire to, and Hearts will not be alone, as a football club, to do this. It just made me more angry, in respect of lack of decency and zero appreciation of the bigger picture by the clubs of the SPFL, as to the potential damage to the community, and employment, being done by their spite towards 3 clubs.

Seeing Doncaster should have been preceded by one of those warnings about scenes which some viewers would find upsetting or offensive.

Finally, the number of Hearts women employees, who would be in direct communication with other Scottish clubs, only cements my suspicion that dealing with women was a real problem for the dinosaurs involved in Scottish football, and probably motivated many of them to act in the way they did towards us. Remember, that Partick Thistle also have a woman CEO. I don’t believe in coincidence over the shameful behaviour over the summer.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

My only assumption would be you personally know one of the girls, then fair enough.  I am bafffled how anyone outside of the team's personal circle would actively give a **** about a bunch of young girl's playing football.

Tut tut 18. Next time you’re at the club shop, have a look at the girl in the poster who’s in the shop window next to Sean Clare. The same girl who was interviewed is 3 Fingers Reid’s daughter. A whole family of dyed in the wool jambos and who are a credit to our club. A family who have supported our club through generations from our clubs very existence. If you know our history, then I’m sure one of our founding forefathers would be ecstatic that his great great great granddaughter is pulling on the maroon jersey and gracing Tynecastle park like he did himself 146 years ago. 

Fwiw, there are many wealthy supporters who plough their hard earned into our club for the simple reason that their daughter/grand daughter etc, are playing or connected to the women’s/girls football team at our club. 

It should have been so much better on the park, particularly after that championship season and the growth of FoH and benefactor contributions.

I have no idea what factors have been at fault for our consistent underperformance.

SectionFJambo
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

A few points, if I may.

BBC Scotland decided what they covered and edited the film accordingly to what they wanted to show. As far as I’m aware, Hearts didn’t dictate what was to be covered. So the stuff about the Women’s team was a BBC Scotland decision, not Hearts. Many clubs have a Women’s team, not just Hearts.

The way Daniel Stendel was replaced cannot be excused in today’s world of communication. I have a son in Singapore and a mate in Melbourne, both of whom I can communicate easily with, so contacting Stendel in Germany should have been no problem.

The faux outrage from the media and some football fans, over Stendel, is hypocrisy of the highest order. Criticised when he was here for things ranging from his hair to his tactics, it was clear that him being foreign made him an easy target for the usual suspects.

I have no problem with them showing Hearts providing food for homeless people as part of the Big Hearts initiative. It’s what a big business in any area should aspire to, and Hearts will not be alone, as a football club, to do this. It just made me more angry, in respect of lack of decency and zero appreciation of the bigger picture by the clubs of the SPFL, as to the potential damage to the community, and employment, being done by their spite towards 3 clubs.

Seeing Doncaster should have been preceded by one of those warnings about scenes which some viewers would find upsetting or offensive.

Finally, the number of Hearts women employees, who would be in direct communication with other Scottish clubs, only cements my suspicion that dealing with women was a real problem for the dinosaurs involved in Scottish football, and probably motivated many of them to act in the way they did towards us. Remember, that Partick Thistle also have a woman CEO. I don’t believe in coincidence over the shameful behaviour over the summer.

Any evidence to back that up? Or are you the dinosaur? Several Scottish teams have influential woman involved. I doubt it's the first time most people involved in clubs who are often successful people have just had a woman darken their door this year.

If the fact a lot of them didn't seem particularly qualified was a factor who could blame them.

The PR chief greeting Neilson with a "are you ok hun" summed them up really.

4 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Any evidence to back that up? Or are you the dinosaur? Several Scottish teams have influential woman involved. I doubt it's the first time most people involved in clubs who are often successful people have just had a woman darken their door this year.

If the fact a lot of them didn't seem particularly qualified was a factor who could blame them.

She may well have known him from his previous stint at the club. 

All in all it was good to watch. Do I care about the women’s team ? No. But I have no wish to hammer it as it clearly means a lot to those who play and is gaining popularity. I don’t think Ann Budge came across very well. The Stendell matter was appalling. Even if Robbies appointment was about to be broken to the press she had ample time to speak to him as surely she was talking to him prior and that’s pretty much well out of order. The meal on the pitch I have no issue with as it brought in a lot of money and can’t imagine 18 pairs of shoes would make much difference ffs. Should be thankful hearts fans are willing to pay £500 a head.  Could of done with more foundation of hearts coverage as it was barely touched upon

Edited by 1971fozzy

45 minutes ago, pointon said:

Whole thing was a puff piece and the boardroom is like a scene from The Golden Girls

👌😊😊😊😊😊

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

A few points, if I may.

Agreed. It was made for the BBC by Two Rivers Media, not sure if they would’ve chosen anything that was in the documentary apart from their guy being in a lot. 

I thought it turned out to be a great series!

Episode 1 - a bit bland, neither damaged nor enhanced Hearts reputation

Episode 2 - conveyed that Hearts are a relatively big club

Episode 3 - enhanced Hearts reputation as an institution that’s great to be part of. Massive love and passion towards the club from all involved. Might encourage a few more to come on board!

Well done to everybody that contributed to the series!

HHGH

SectionDJambo
21 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

I agree that one or two of them were a bit annoying. But you only have to see some comments on here to see that many regard football as a mans game. I said it was my belief. I didn’t state it as a fact. I do believe that Ann Budge has managed to ruffle a few feathers in the past, where it would have been more sensible to keep her views to herself.

In a Scottish football environment where religious bigotry is clearly still rife, it’s not too big a stretch to believe that other barriers still exist.

During my working life, the worst year I ever had was under a female boss who, I believed, had a problem with men, due to a bad marital experience. So it can cut both ways.

I may be a dinosaur in some ways, but not in having a blinkered view of people through sex, religion, race or similar. Only with the way they conduct themselves towards others.

For episode 3:

The emotion of rage, anger, fury at the start balances out later.   I found myself disliking the backing music more than anything, espeacily the circus tone when Robbie was rehired.   That gets undone however, with battering Dundee 6-2.   If anyone's looking for other standout results, we dumped hibs out last years Cup 👍  all in all balanced out. 

Yeah, just to warn folk wanting to watch episode three.   Most of the villains appear on it, from chairman. Execs,  to the spfl admin dinky donk. 

Edited by HMFC01

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, SectionFJambo said:

Club coming across as a bunch of jokers run by the ladies who lunch.

Completely forgot we took this to court. All because we got ourselves relegated.

We wonder why the pitch is fecked 😀

The way we were playing we would have ended up 28 behind.

Ahhh that's nice of the club - encouraging folk to be elitist.

As for the boy asking people to sanitise. Must have been for the camera as was nowhere to be seen when I went in August.

3 hours ago, SectionFJambo said:

The preparation hasn't gone well for Andy Kirk 

3 hours ago, SectionFJambo said:

Is the club office there not in breach of Covid guidelines.....

You are one miserable ******* 😂 

Won't be buying the dvd! Thought the one takeaway was Ann saying she wished she'd mentioned European football in the new ceo's conference as big changes were coming and Hearts want to be a big part of that. European leagues not far off? Just do another take? 

complete control
1 hour ago, Georgecowie said:

Won't be buying the dvd! Thought the one takeaway was Ann saying she wished she'd mentioned European football in the new ceo's conference as big changes were coming and Hearts want to be a big part of that. European leagues not far off? Just do another take? 

Aye I know.  Were playing alloa in the league tonight and she's talking European leagues  😑

Thought part three was poor. Yes, of course, trying to film at the start of an unknown pandemic must have created huge problems for the production team. But the series as a whole lacked reaction at the time in favour of later news-type soundbites (Roberts, Freer pre-season) which any broadcaster could have picked up.

Other than Ann Budge and, to a much lesser extent, Gary Locke and the groundsman, there weren’t characters to follow through the series - a real strength of the Sunderland documentary.

The enforced demotion was, for me, sanitised beyond belief. The anger that many of us felt at the time wasn’t reflected. No mention of us being told to stop training once we’d gone back. Am sure the SPFL were happy with the way it was all covered though so that’s all good.

11 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Jig?

He’s been called Big Jig from his Motherwell days. Lee McCulloch apparently used to go to pieces in the box. Jig being the term of endearment from his fellow players and meaning short for jigsaw 

7 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Tut tut 18. Next time you’re at the club shop, have a look at the girl in the poster who’s in the shop window next to Sean Clare. The same girl who was interviewed is 3 Fingers Reid’s daughter. A whole family of dyed in the wool jambos and who are a credit to our club. A family who have supported our club through generations from our clubs very existence. If you know our history, then I’m sure one of our founding forefathers would be ecstatic that his great great great granddaughter is pulling on the maroon jersey and gracing Tynecastle park like he did himself 146 years ago. 

Fwiw, there are many wealthy supporters who plough their hard earned into our club for the simple reason that their daughter/grand daughter etc, are playing or connected to the women’s/girls football team at our club. 

All great to hear and he and they should all be very proud. As I said earlier, I get why we have a ladies team. All that been said however and to reiterate, my feelings are in no way personal to the girls but there are simply 99.9999% far more important things to concentrate on at our club. 

Not even 1ml of Persil liquid should be used on a female strip until the men's team have had the full focus and attention it requires imo. We are up shit creek with this loser of an owner and to even hear about the latest game of the girls is to waste my ear space. I get the personal interest for many like 3fingers but my suspicion would be that if he or no one else had this personal interest then they would have as little interest as me.

Edited by i8hibsh

8 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Yep , I did .

Your daughter plays for the ladies team, no?

Have to admit I have softened towards them because I believe they are are pretty much funded by Anderson and also because a mates daughter is playing for them now. 

Not sure they merit more than a passing reference in this documentary though. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have to admit I have softened towards them because I believe they are are pretty much funded by Anderson and also because a mates daughter is playing for them now. 

I have softened to us having a ladies team also. 

40 minutes ago, jamborod said:

Thought part three was poor. Yes, of course, trying to film at the start of an unknown pandemic must have created huge problems for the production team. But the series as a whole lacked reaction at the time in favour of later news-type soundbites (Roberts, Freer pre-season) which any broadcaster could have picked up.

Other than Ann Budge and, to a much lesser extent, Gary Locke and the groundsman, there weren’t characters to follow through the series - a real strength of the Sunderland documentary.

The enforced demotion was, for me, sanitised beyond belief. The anger that many of us felt at the time wasn’t reflected. No mention of us being told to stop training once we’d gone back. Am sure the SPFL were happy with the way it was all covered though so that’s all good.

If it was not about us, I probably would have found the whole thing dull. 

Nothing particularly exciting happened.  Very little we did not already know was revealed. 

5 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Nothing particularly exciting happened.  Very little we did not already know was revealed. 

Oh come on, how would we know about what our grounstaff order from Mcdonalds, Agnes from accounts legendary scone making or how Phyllis from HR takes her cup of tea?

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I imagine I give as little of a **** as you but you are not honest enough to admit it.

Its your "imagination" which is regularly displayed on here that is worrying.

Only someone with serious issues could be so constantly negative and depressive.

There are only two possibilities.  You either have some kind of psychosis or worse  your a hibby.

Seriously,  I am genuinely concerned about your mental state.  Speak to someone!

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Only someone with serious issues could be so constantly negative and depressive.

There are only two possibilities.  You either have some kind of psychosis or worse  your a hibby.

Seriously,  I am genuinely concerned about your mental state.  Speak to someone!

I strongly believe that as humans we all have mental issues in some way or another, I am no different.

A Hibee though CM, come on now. Bad Colin!

Edited by i8hibsh

2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Speaking on behalf of i8 I would think he is quite happy because he speaks from the heart and does not have the stress of trying to maintain an online persona to fit modern attitudes he disagrees with. 

In that sense, you and him are very similar 😁

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I felt there was enough in the programme regarding the women’s team , winning the league would make it mentionable in the programme I’d have thought . 

Overall I think we’ve dodged a bullet in the way the programme has been edited and shown , that’s not to say there isn’t room for improvement at the top and is possibly why the new CEO is in AND JJ getting a position 

Edited by 3fingersreid

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Kirk doing a ***** of a job apparently and alienated the dressing room already. 

Well that’s very much the opposite from what I’m being told by my daughter and other players . In fact after the last person in charge the women are getting coached better and are enjoying their football again .( it only needs a victory now though!)

Kirk has the backing of the team