• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

So far in the doc, outside of 'standard' employees

Overall Head of HR Policy - Female.  Impact on field results - Directly, no.

Head of Finance - Female.  Impact on field results - Directly, no but is a board member and key decision maker. 

Head of Marketing and Communication - Female.  Impact on field results - Directly, No.

Head of Digital - Male - impact on field results - Directly, No.

Head of Events - Male - impact on field results  - Directly, No.

Head of Sports Science - Male - impact on field results - Partially.

Head Groundsman - Male - impact on field results - Even less so but we don't know constraints working under (Has a slight stammer which appears to be an issue for one or two)

Ex and current first team football personnel such as DoF, managers, coaches, players - all male.

Impact on field results - absolutely.

Ann Budge.  - person who drives or ratifies everything.  Female.  Absolutely too.

If a club is soft as shite off the field it stands to reason that they are soft as shite on it. From the documentary it seems like we are at this stage under Budge more inclined to achieve a perfect rise on a soufflé than a perfect rise up the SPL table. More likely to beat an old dusty rug on a washing line than beat much top opposition and more likely to have a whip round for Morag's birthday than give the opposition a good whipping round about Tynecastle.  We need balls of steel on and off the field but the only balls on show in that office are the teams bonus balls for the month's Lotto.

been here before
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If a club is soft as shite off the field it stands to reason that they are soft as shite on it. From the documentary it seems like we are at this stage under Budge more inclined to achieve a perfect rise on a soufflé than a perfect rise up the SPL table. More likely to beat an old dusty rug on a washing line than beat much top opposition and more likely to have a whip round for Morag's birthday than give the opposition a good whipping round about Tynecastle.  We need balls of steel on and off the field but the only balls on show in that office are the teams bonus balls for the month's Lotto.

"Balls of steel" from the little princess whose run away from home and ended up contributing nothing to Hearts as he's having a one man, teenage girl, foot stamping, holding his breath style hissy fit toward the club.

10 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Budge should stand down with immediate effect and allow big Bernie and his dug to take over. 
That would sort these ***** out. 

:gok:

They both might even have got a game last season.

Edited by i8hibsh

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Next time Hearts need to recruit any staff  ranging from  the boardroom to actual players they should look no further than here. 

From HR to medical, admin to finance, from playing the game and scouting to the boardroom itself - the amount of latent talent and foresight on this notice board is amazing. 

Well, the club sure have a talent for finding shite staff so what would be the difference?

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I have no doubt it would be far worse, a match day thread  confirms this. 

Dunno. We would have dealt with Cathro and Levein long before Ann did and we may even have chosen better legal representation for our court cases. 

End of day, we lost every single battle in 2020, on and off the pitch. Utter failure. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Dunno. We would have dealt with Cathro and Levein long before Ann did and we may even have chosen better legal representation for our court cases. 

End of day, we lost every single battle in 2020, on and off the pitch. Utter failure. 

He’s one of those who thinks dropping into the Championship = success.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

1 hour ago, been here before said:

"Balls of steel" from the little princess whose run away from home and ended up contributing nothing to Hearts as he's having a one man, teenage girl, foot stamping, holding his breath style hissy fit toward the club.

😂😂👌

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spoiler alert... 

That is why CL was sacked as manager after 11 games and stendel at the seasons end. Also why we have a new management team now. 

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Hard to argue with any of that TJ.....Without getting off topic it makes you wonder why there was a high degree of animosity towards Neilson. With that record why did he divide opinion?

Personally his best game as manager happened to be the last one against the Rangers. maybe making a point? 
Stendel for me was the real deal. I think most here were delighted when after a long protracted period of time he finally put pen to paper. (Getting deals over the line has always been a real problem for cautious Ann).

One transfer window was never going to be enough to build a decent squad, but it was certainly long enough for him to pin point the phoneys in our team, Mulraney being high up on the list.  

Happy that Robbie has now got the place to himself, and that he has his own team in place. His results to date have been promising and long may that continue.

However, there will always be a part of me that will think of Stendel's tenure as "What if?"

Why did Robbie divide opinion? He didn’t really divide opinion in all

honesty -I’d guess 90% + of hearts fans were happy.

the rest are made up from extremely vocal, borderline mentalist, fans who wouldn’t simply forgive the outcome of 1 game and others who have completely unrealistic expectations in that hearts should be on the front foot for every minute of every game.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

It's clear we won't get anywhere as a club unless we start turning up en masse every morning to throw hot gravel at the office staff on their way into work.

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Next time Hearts need to recruit any staff  ranging from  the boardroom to actual players they should look no further than here. 

From HR to medical, admin to finance, from playing the game and scouting to the boardroom itself - the amount of latent talent and foresight on this notice board is amazing. 

Should probably delete most of the threads on the terrace then as no one could possibly be qualified to critique professional footballers unless they've personally played the game to an equal or higher standard. Feel a bit daft for criticising Joel Pereira now as I've never been contracted to Man Utd. 

Best delete any of the politics threads from the shed too unless KB is secretly made up of former MP's who would be qualified to comment on such matters. 

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's clear we won't get anywhere as a club unless we start turning up en masse every morning to throw hot gravel at the office staff on their way into work.

It's well known that the first thing Jurgen Klopp does when he arrives at a club is to check out the attitude and also the female to male composition of the office staff.

It doesn't matter how well you recruit, coach or tactically organise the players; if the office staff are "soft as shite", this will permeate down to the players and undo all that hard work.

In many ways, Craig Levein had too little control at the club and should have been involved in all areas of recruitment as ultimately all his excellent work on the playing side was ruined by not having control of HR and marketing.

39 minutes ago, Costanza said:

It's well known that the first thing Jurgen Klopp does when he arrives at a club is to check out the attitude and also the female to male composition of the office staff.

It doesn't matter how well you recruit, coach or tactically organise the players; if the office staff are "soft as shite", this will permeate down to the players and undo all that hard work.

In many ways, Craig Levein had too little control at the club and should have been involved in all areas of recruitment as ultimately all his excellent work on the playing side was ruined by not having control of HR and marketing.

TBF my Mrs' auntie works at Anfield and you seriously would not mess - there might be something in this 🤔

Edited by Smithee

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

So instead of giving opposition pizzas made by an employed chef that say Hibs, Aberdeen may do for us, we gave them egg mayonnaise sandwiches made up by a player's wife, would make us more competitive?

You would probably list off women's team, community initiatives (funded by JA) and a dozen others that many other clubs our size have as a reason we aren't doing well on the pitch.

But you'll greet your face off because the female physio has left.

Deary, dear.

Edited by DETTY29

54 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Thank feck the Head Chef is male.

8 on the bounce this season would have been losses on the bounce, not wins.

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Haha! Couldn't believe the amount of lawyers and doctors we had on here offering their own expert advice when last season was being curtailed too. 

Some team! 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why did Robbie divide opinion? He didn’t really divide opinion in all

honesty -I’d guess 90% + of hearts fans were happy.

the rest are made up from extremely vocal, borderline mentalist, fans who wouldn’t simply forgive the outcome of 1 game and others who have completely unrealistic expectations in that hearts should be on the front foot for every minute of every game.

Spot on mate 👍

The 2-2 Scottish Cup tie, his "money spinner" comments, the 1-0 defeat in the replay and then Hibs then going on to win The Scottish Cup that year played a major part in Neilson's downfall.

Thats unfair because he generally did a very good job with us but thats just the way it is. As a club we just do not accept defeat from Hibs.

Neilson has more than made up for the events above with our win against them in the semi.

Some mention of this being an anti woman thing but it's more about cronyism and not employing the right people for the job, which applies to Levein, her brother who did the new stand, her nephew involved in the hearts bar, I'm not convinced neilson is the best option long term and I'm not sure what the director Eric Hogg does. 

31 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Haha! Couldn't believe the amount of lawyers and doctors we had on here offering their own expert advice when last season was being curtailed too. 

Some team! 

Football fans posting their opinions on a football fans' forum.

Well there's a plot twist nobody could have predicted.

7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Football fans posting their opinions on a football fans' forum.

Well there's a plot twist nobody could have predicted.

Pot kettle black???? 

38 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

The 2-2 Scottish Cup tie, his "money spinner" comments, the 1-0 defeat in the replay and then Hibs then going on to win The Scottish Cup that year played a major part in Neilson's downfall.

Thats unfair because he generally did a very good job with us but thats just the way it is. As a club we just do not accept defeat from Hibs.

Neilson has more than made up for the events above with our win against them in the semi.

This in spades because it took away the spoon we had been battering Hibs with for years and years.  But it was going to end sometime and now, who cares.  100+ years in a row is gone but 5-1 will keep us happy for a long long time.  Neilson's cautious 2nd half approach that day was crap BUT it shouldnt have been terminal to his Hearts career.  I am glad he's back because above all else he is a good manager.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Haken said:

Got round to watching episode 2 last night.  Am encouraged by the news that expenditure on post match pizzas now remains in-house.

I remember being a bit pissed off hearing about the team getting Dominos after another poor away performance, turns out it’s an acceptable nutritional replacement after heavy exercise 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️
. So I’m halfway there 🙈

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I’m not sure if the plane brigade or others will ever forgive him for that I’m afraid, somehow winning the final would help as unlikely as that is. 
The semi final was hopefully an indication that he’s learnt from those matches as he made it clear it was a huge game and prepared as well as we could for it. 

He is a good manager and is clearly still learning and growing having just turned 40. 

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure if the plane brigade or others will ever forgive him for that I’m afraid, somehow winning the final would help as unlikely as that is. 
The semi final was hopefully an indication that he’s learnt from those matches as he made it clear it was a huge game and prepared as well as we could for it. 

He is a good manager and is clearly still learning and growing having just turned 40. 

We got absolutely shafted by Thomson in the first game and half the team could barely walk by end of the game.  And still McGhee nearly won it.

The replay was a sort reverse of the Stevenson LC game.  Virtually dominated but bad start, harsh offside and woeful finishing by Juanma.  Iirc, the main criticism of the replay may have been that Paterson was frustrated because he was asked to hold back a little from RB. 

Robbie's comments didn't help plus Hibs eventually winning the Cup but personally I was pretty much over it by the time a few huns sparked out their pitch invaders, ruining their trophy presentation, needing to start their procession at Leith Links, which they still managed to wreck,  instead of City Chambers.

Hibs class indeed. 

Edited by DETTY29

SectionDJambo
30 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

This in spades because it took away the spoon we had been battering Hibs with for years and years.  But it was going to end sometime and now, who cares.  100+ years in a row is gone but 5-1 will keep us happy for a long long time.  Neilson's cautious 2nd half approach that day was crap BUT it shouldnt have been terminal to his Hearts career.  I am glad he's back because above all else he is a good manager.

I think the last cup meeting between Hearts and Hibs will have gone a long way to help Robbie get over that episode. 

It looks like his appointment is covered in the last programme.

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I remember being a bit pissed off hearing about the team getting Dominos after another poor away performance, turns out it’s an acceptable nutritional replacement after heavy exercise 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️
. So I’m halfway there 🙈

Have seen a lot of players firing into Yazoo milkshakes after being subbed, too! 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

We got absolutely shafted by Thomson in the first game and half the team could barely walk by end of the game.  And still McGhee nearly won it.

The replay was a sort reverse of the Stevenson LC game.  Virtually dominated but bad start, harsh offside and woeful finishing by Juanma.  Iirc, the main criticism of the replay may have been that Paterson was frustrated because he was asked to hold back a little from RB. 

Robbie's comments didn't help plus Hibs eventually winning the Cup but personally I was pretty much over it by the time a few huns sparked out their pitch invaders, ruining their trophy presentation, needing to start their procession at Leith Links, which they still managed to wreck,  instead of City Chambers.

Hibs class indeed. 

All true.
As someone else alluded to his inability to get the team out their own half in the first game cost us the draw. Playing a half fit Walker in front of Rossi at LB was one of the biggest mistakes he will ever make, Gray bring freely able to attack cost us the goal.  Nicholson was on fire at that time but seemed to be left out for his celebration in the 2:2 game. 
Neilsons record against Hibs in general is still poor and will need to level off, no matter what the circumstances it’s unacceptable. If we can beat them in the semi then excuses really go out the window. 
Some won’t ever forgive him for the part he played in Hibs winning the cup, unlike the majority my view is it should’ve been us beating Sevco in the final not them. 
The first decade since the 60s we weren’t in the final with a 6 in it 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😃

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Some team! 

I forgot about our legal team. 

The full package on here. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Have seen a lot of players firing into Yazoo milkshakes after being subbed, too! 

Yeah it’s all acceptable apparently, wine gums also 😃

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah it’s all acceptable apparently, wine gums also 😃

Just carbs ( pizza) , protein (milkshakes) and sugar( sweets). 

Best taken straight after excersize as you muscles are craving the basic stuff. 

Used to do weights quite heavy and afterwards eating as much carbs/ protein was recommended, many use the protein drinks but firing down meat and bread is just as good, tastes better too. 

I used to eat haribos and buy a full bloomer cand eat the whole lot! 

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Used to do weights quite heavy and afterwards eating as much carbs/ protein was recommended, many use the protein drinks but firing down meat and bread is just as good, tastes better too. 

:levein_interesting:

Dennis Reynolds
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Makes me want to go to the gym 😂

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

👍 perfect recovery drink after exercise! 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of course Hibs did defeat Inverness, after a replay, Dundee United on penalties in the semi final and then Sevco in the final, but it was Aw Neilson's fault. You couldnt make it up, you really couldnt.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I just imagined it would be more healthy versions of these 🤔

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Of course Hibs did defeat Inverness, after a replay, Dundee United on penalties in the semi final and then Sevco in the final, but it was Aw Neilson's fault. You couldnt make it up, you really couldnt.

Getting beat was his fault, he played a part in it. As I said I personally feel we should’ve won it that year which is my biggest problem with it. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Getting beat was his fault, he played a part in it. As I said I personally feel we should’ve won it that year which is my biggest problem with it. 

Yawn yawn yawn.

Stephane Grappelli
14 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not so sure about that.  There are people on here who can't even post five lines without then having to edit...

31 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Personally, I can't quite get my head around as to why any Hearts fan gives a toss about Hibs winning the cup let alone straining to pin the 'blame' on Robbie and seemingly letting such thoughts fester away and spoil their lives. Apart from anything else it was four flippin' years ago. I'd got over the expense of having to go corporate for the Easter Road re-play before I even got home that night and prefer to remember that they arsed up their post-match 'celebrations' and even managed to 'Hibs' their victory parade; since when normal service has resumed. And, anyhow, who'd be so mean as to deny Hibs another 'first'? The first Edinburgh team to win the Scottish Cup after a 114 year hiatus. Only another 110 years and they can go for the double. 🏆

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Personally, I can't quite get my head around as to why any Hearts fan gives a toss about Hibs winning the cup let alone straining to pin the 'blame' on Robbie and seemingly letting such thoughts fester away and spoil their lives. Apart from anything else it was four flippin' years ago. I'd got over the expense of having to go corporate for the Easter Road re-play before I even got home that night and prefer to remember that they arsed up their post-match 'celebrations' and even managed to 'Hibs' their victory parade; since when normal service has resumed. And, anyhow, who'd be so mean as to deny Hibs another 'first'? The first Edinburgh team to win the Scottish Cup after a 114 year hiatus. Only another 110 years and they can go for the double. 🏆

:cornette:

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

All true.
As someone else alluded to his inability to get the team out their own half in the first game cost us the draw. Playing a half fit Walker in front of Rossi at LB was one of the biggest mistakes he will ever make, Gray bring freely able to attack cost us the goal.  Nicholson was on fire at that time but seemed to be left out for his celebration in the 2:2 game. 
Neilsons record against Hibs in general is still poor and will need to level off, no matter what the circumstances it’s unacceptable. If we can beat them in the semi then excuses really go out the window. 
Some won’t ever forgive him for the part he played in Hibs winning the cup, unlike the majority my view is it should’ve been us beating Sevco in the final not them. 
The first decade since the 60s we weren’t in the final with a 6 in it 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😃

The original tie + replay v hibs must be the most over-analysed game in our history - it's tedious.  Walker was half fit?  That's football management - it's not a computer game.  We literally had a half fit team in our last game against hibs and that turned out very well.  You could equally attribute our semi win to one terrible mistake by Nisbit, but it would be a poor argument because football matches are decided on incalculable variables.

Stephane Grappelli
17 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

:what:

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

The original tie + replay v hibs must be the most over-analysed game in our history - it's tedious.  Walker was half fit?  That's football management - it's not a computer game.  We literally had a half fit team in our last game against hibs and that turned out very well.  You could equally attribute our semi win to one terrible mistake by Nisbit, but it would be a poor argument because football matches are decided on incalculable variables.

Walker hadn’t played for months, a game at ER isn’t the place to give someone an hour to help them with Rossi behind him. Walker has never managed to help a full back when playing wide, due to his well stated fitness issues. 
As for the analysis some fans feel that playing a part in Hibs winning the cup, when it could’ve been us or losing to them at all in a big game is worthy of looking at. 
Mistakes cost games, that’s a fact no matter how variable the sequence of events happen before or after. 
I don’t play computer games, I’d rather watch football and learn all I can about it.