BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

Tenaciousdandy

Felt sorry for stendal, not being informed we were replacing him directly from Ann is absolutely shocking, he clearly grow fond of us in his short spell in charge of the team, saying he still kept an eye on what was happening with us

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

That Vincent Tann is more in touch with the Cardiff fanbase than Ann Budge is on ours. An absolute ****ing embarrassment of a setup.

56 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Letting folk have their tea on our million quid pitch. 

What a feckin pisstake. 

:vrface:

One of the guys featured on the pitch having dinner, donated the air conditioning system in the lounges during the new stand fit out, entirely free of charge. He should personally have Ann Budge serving him for the enormous money he pumps into the club every year imo

I enjoyed it but I was hoping for a bit more passion regarding the covid situation. Even a player to come out & speak their mind. 

it was clearly a PR stunt & the PR machine want to come across as professional as can be. That was obvious from the way they were dealing with everybody’s interviews. 

hope they are still filming to catch the cup win next month. 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

That Vincent Tann is more in touch with the Cardiff fanbase than Ann Budge is on ours. An absolute ****ing embarrassment of a setup.

Wasn't it ever thus? Nothing new. Fan base had always wanted success and mismanagement in various forms follows us about whether you think previous ego driven arseholes got the fans

If I was a fan of another club it would have boring as anything watching that. Completely bland. 

As a Hearts fan of course it had some interest. 

However in what could have been an explosive hard hitting series, it was “nice” and a little “soft”. Exactly like our football club 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Looked like the Beverly hillbillies having their dinner on the pitch 😂

Wealthy benefactors at £1k per couple. These are the type of people who have kept our club afloat and shouldn’t be a point of ridicule. 

Just now, jamborich said:

Stendal was meant to get us out of the position we were in he failed, l would have been happy for Stendal to be given another shot I loved his passion but you can't ignore the fact he didn't deliver,  Ann had a choice to make and I respect her decision 

So you respect the sneaky, underhand way in which she dispensed with his services?

For someone who wants to portray herself as squeaky clean bastion of the business world  there was no respect shown, or proper business protocol and that for me is unacceptable.

And while you are talking about failure to deliver......Budge has failed to deliver for 6 years 

Stadium costs. Levein, legal battles......the list goes on. and will no doubt grow before she finally goes.

Take it you still respect her despite her shortcomings and failures?

Hopefully the players watched and got the fire in their belly again, since Dundee game we've been very passive.  I've been guilty of it too but that episode just reminded me how much we should be absolutely rag dolling teams and kicking lumps out of them.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Wasn't it ever thus? Nothing new. Fan base had always wanted success and mismanagement in various forms follows us about whether you think previous ego driven arseholes got the fans

Vlad got us and got football. He knew the real bottom line.

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

So you respect the sneaky, underhand way in which she dispensed with his services?

For someone who wants to portray herself as squeaky clean bastion of the business world  there was no respect shown, or proper business protocol and that for me is unacceptable.

And while you are talking about failure to deliver......Budge has failed to deliver for 6 years 

Stadium costs. Levein, legal battles......the list goes on. and will no doubt grow before she finally goes.

Take it you still respect her despite her shortcomings and failures?

Stop making a James Hunt of yourself are you seriously telling me Ann Budge has been bad news for Hearts

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He could still do things which wrecked the footballing chances. Was he thinking of the fans then?  P.s. I am more a fan than not. It was never dull

SectionFJambo

Stendal was clearly strung along - not clear why. I totally agree with the decision he had to go but to suggest a phone call wasn't appropriate before Robbie leaked out. That said the Robbie leak came from nowhere. maybe it leaked unexpectedly.

Stendels departure was poorly handled.

The Board did not come across great throughout this especially AB. In saying that I appreciate we only seen snippets.

JJ and GL aside the only real passion we seen was from the wee laddie going to the semi and from a female player, both from first episode.

We come across as a club with a soft heart, a club with no real fight/determination in it from top to bottom, on the park or off it. I don't think we spend too much money on replacement tea cups/hairdryers.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Shame he got rid of Burley then. 

Must have sensed growing discontent among the fans and decided to act to appease the fans......

Funny, I wad thinking more of Pieman as an egotistical arsehole than even Vlad!

13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hes not coming back i8. Let it go pal.

I could not give a flying **** about any inevitable insult(s) that get thrown my way for this but did anyone give the slightest **** about seeing 'inside' the ladies team?

For what it is worth I am kinda softening to the idea of having one, I get it but we were showing 180 minutes of 'inside' an absolute cluster**** of a season from a cluster**** of a background team.  It was just not required to show any footage from the ladies team.  Our focus should be 100% on the first team and not the 'nice to have' side of the club.

Given how big a story the court case was, the coverage of that was really poor. A lack of detail on the arguments and no sense of the total injustice or Doncaster's incompetence. 

The whole Stendel affair leaves a bad taste. Such a decent guy treated incredibly badly. Covid didn't help but the way Budge handled it was awful. Seems pretty clear she didn't want him back but instead of being up front she left him hanging and then went behind his back to bring in Robbie.

Given how much Levein has been on the BBC since he left it is incredible how little he appeared in this.

First two episodes were decent. Third one needed a bit more editing.

Pity it didn't end with the Hibs game.

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Stendels departure was poorly handled.

The Board did not come across great throughout this especially AB. In saying that I appreciate we only seen snippets.

JJ and GL aside the only real passion we seen was from the wee laddie going to the semi and from a female player, both from first episode.

We come across as a club with a soft heart, a club with no real fight/determination in it from top to bottom, on the park or off it. I don't think we spend too much money on replacement tea cups/hairdryers.

Pretty much sums it up for me based on what we saw. 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I could not give a flying **** about any inevitable insult(s) that get thrown my way for this but did anyone give the slightest **** about seeing 'inside' the ladies team?

For what it is worth I am kinda softening to the idea of having one, I get it but we were showing 180 minutes of 'inside' an absolute cluster**** of a season from a cluster**** of a background team.  It was just not required to show any footage from the ladies team.  Our focus should be 100% on the first team and not the 'nice to have' side of the club.

Yep , I did .

Edited by 3fingersreid

7 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Stop making a James Hunt of yourself are you seriously telling me Ann Budge has been bad news for Hearts

Honestly.....?......Everything has been a bed of roses under her stewardship hasn't it.....Regression in league performance year after year.

Continual burying the head in the sand in failing to act from a footballing perspective in the best interest of the club. But that's OK cause we have got "Save the Children" on the shirts

This programme covering a short period of time in our history but it more than highlighted the malaise that's been around for years

Finally..Less of the James Hunt nonsense......

32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Remember Tann meeting the soul crew for a beer. Hard to imagine Budge mobbing up with the CSF! 

.. See the bit with Craig Gordon talking and training and making saves etc.. Still can't get my head around pereira doing those exact same drills..  Be a mess like  fookin Greek restaurant 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Smoked-Glass

5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Given how big a story the court case was, the coverage of that was really poor. A lack of detail on the arguments and no sense of the total injustice or Doncaster's incompetence. 

The whole Stendel affair leaves a bad taste. Such a decent guy treated incredibly badly. Covid didn't help but the way Budge handled it was awful. Seems pretty clear she didn't want him back but instead of being up front she left him hanging and then went behind his back to bring in Robbie.

Given how much Levein has been on the BBC since he left it is incredible how little he appeared in this.

First two episodes were decent. Third one needed a bit more editing.

Pity it didn't end with the Hibs game.

Doncaster sitting there saying 80% thought it was the fairest way and showing no signs of being in disagreement???? Yet looked for powers subsequently to avoid the same again. 

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Yep , I did 

My only assumption would be you personally know one of the girls, then fair enough.  I am bafffled how anyone outside of the team's personal circle would actively give a **** about a bunch of young girl's playing football.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Think you may have missed the point.  Hearts Women won promotion to the Premier League  ....... and an international male player became their coach (which isn't an everyday occurrence).     Did you just want 100% doom & gloom stuff ?  

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Remember Tann meeting the soul crew for a beer. Hard to imagine Budge mobbing up with the CSF! 

That is top stuff but not even Budge would come in and change our strip to Green.

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Think you may have missed the point.  Hearts Women won promotion to the Premier League  ....... and an international male player became their coach (which isn't an everyday occurrence).     Did you just want 100% doom & gloom stuff ?  

I want to know only about the first team.

5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Honestly.....?......Everything has been a bed of roses under her stewardship hasn't it.....Regression in league performance year after year.

Continual burying the head in the sand in failing to act from a footballing perspective in the best interest of the club. But that's OK cause we have got "Save the Children" on the shirts

This programme covering a short period of time in our history but it more than highlighted the malaise that's been around for years

Finally..Less of the James Hunt nonsense......

Were you prepared to put your wedge in ....nah didn't think so

29 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Wealthy benefactors at £1k per couple. These are the type of people who have kept our club afloat and shouldn’t be a point of ridicule. 

I take your point ! Apologies 

Why ? They were shite most of the time.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My only assumption would be you personally know one of the girls, then fair enough.  I am bafffled how anyone outside of the team's personal circle would actively give a **** about a bunch of young girl's playing football.

How incredibly insecure of you :laugh:

Just now, Lone Striker said:

Why ? They were shite most of the time.

Yup, you are right. I would rather watch a squad of 18 year old lassies getting humped 45 nil of Glasgow Green 

Whole thing was a bit dull to be honest. Sunderland one was far better and you got the passion of the fans when they went to away games especially. 

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Who's first team though??  Narrow minded.

Glamorgan Jambo

There was a break clause in Stendel’s contract. Ann exercised it. The end. No one forced him to sign his contract.

PS of course I feel sorry for him.

5 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Who's first team though??  Narrow minded.

So my entire life it has all been about the first team. No mention or sniff of a female's team. Now a bunch of young ladies who would lose to Broomhouse P5's get established and in some way we have to broaden our minds to it?

I simply do not give the slightest **** about it.  If Hibs ladies beat our ladies 178 nil I simply would not give even a grain of sand of a ****.  Nowt personal to the ladies but their team is as much of an insignificance to me as to what a crane fly had for dinner last Thursday.

Edited by i8hibsh

baron of ness

So my entire life it has all been about the first time. No mention or sniff of a female's team. Now a bunch of young ladies who would lose to Broomhouse P5's get established and in some way we have to broaden our minds to it?

I simply do not give the slightest **** about it.  If Hibs ladies beat our ladies 178 nil I simply would not give even a grain of sand of a ****.  Nowt personal to the ladies but their team is as much of an insignifucance to me as to what a crane fly had for dinner last Thursday.

Step away from the whisky bottle .

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So my entire life it has all been about the first time. No mention or sniff of a female's team. Now a bunch of young ladies who would lose to Broomhouse P5's get established and in some way we have to broaden our minds to it?

I simply do not give the slightest **** about it.  If Hibs ladies beat our ladies 178 nil I simply would not give even a grain of sand of a ****.  Nowt personal to the ladies but their team is as much of an insignifucance to me as to what a crane fly had for dinner last Thursday.

They feed on plant roots, especially grasses, and can seriously damage crops

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So my entire life it has all been about the first team. No mention or sniff of a female's team. Now a bunch of young ladies who would lose to Broomhouse P5's get established and in some way we have to broaden our minds to it?

I simply do not give the slightest **** about it.  If Hibs ladies beat our ladies 178 nil I simply would not give even a grain of sand of a ****.  Nowt personal to the ladies but their team is as much of an insignificance to me as to what a crane fly had for dinner last Thursday.

Deary me!

Are you getting professional help?  You need it, badly!

Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

They feed on plant roots, especially grasses, and can seriously damage crops

Hmm, perhaps that would explain our polo field cluster**** of a pitch.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Deary me!

Are you getting professional help?  You need it, badly!

I imagine I give as little of a **** as you but you are not honest enough to admit it.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The club is run by a bunch of sweetie wifies pretending to be business people. It’s a shambles.

It really is.