• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• kila

• davemclaren

4 minutes ago, superjack said:

1 thing I feel I've noticed, stendel comes across as a really likeable guy, but I get the impression that the players didn't like him much. To be fair, I've had a couple of drams so my judgement may be off.

Players don’t come across too well in a few scenes. Look disinterested. 

Edited by Koolkeith

Toxteth O'Grady
3 minutes ago, Coco said:

Naismith is a tremendous manager in waiting.  He'd have done a better job than Stendel I think.

Really? I think he seems quite a depressing character.

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I’m glad Daniel is coming across well here.  He worked his arse off with these lads. 

Even more convinced after this that he would have worked out for us in the end.

Just now, lsimp77 said:

Hardly anything on that Hibs game and nothing on the rangers cup game? Not really an “inside” is it? 

Nah, its a reckon whitewash. 

More of a glimpse.

3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Even more convinced after this that he would have worked out for us in the end.

Absolutely.  Ross County and Liedown would have caved. 

Dennis Reynolds

The cameras got a massive amount of the fans feelings in Paisley so not surprising.

I was in the front row so gutted I'll not be on TV 😅

1 minute ago, lsimp77 said:

Thank Christ they edited out the St Mirren game, but again what’s the point if they’re doing an “inside”

It's in Edinburgh. 

Never forget that Stendel and Sievers asked for their wages to get paid to the others.  Given their short tenure, that’s the measure of class 👍

SectionFJambo
1 minute ago, lsimp77 said:

Thank Christ they edited out the St Mirren game, but again what’s the point if they’re doing an “inside”

Clearly the club had a big say on editorial. We are very good at playing the world is against us card. 

Reality is if we hadn't been so pathetic that night in Paisley we wouldn't have gone down.

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, SectionFJambo said:

Clearly the club had a big say on editorial. We are very good at playing the world is against us card. 

Reality is if we hadn't been so pathetic that night in Paisley we wouldn't have gone down.

This is very true. 

5 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

Yes I was there at paisley yes we were pathetic but it does not change that We were shat on. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, heartgarfunkel said:

Stendel a top boy.  Decent man, and always welcome at Heart of Midlothian.

Exactly this. That was a really good watch, apart from the horrendous errors that cost us, mainly from Craig Halkett. They brought back nightmares I had expunged.

2 minutes ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Stendel a top boy.  Decent man, and always welcome at Heart of Midlothian.

I agree. Right manager but sadly was just the wrong time I think!

17 minutes ago, SectionFJambo said:

So far I'm not sure anyone from top to bottom has come across well. The issues are obvious both on and off the field. 

Can see your point, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see  how much the admin staff get involved in dealing with the manager and new players - helps to make a good impression and makes them feel welcome.  Nice touch for Daniel to give a bouquet of flowers to the girl who deals with the transfers. 👍

I enjoyed it and although it isn't as in depth as I would like, it is three one hour long episodes so they have to be selective. 

My prevailing thought is that the staff work very hard and really do give everything, but there is a lack of fight and desire from the players. Very hard to say from such a brief glimpse but that was the sense I got. When you think about it, it is stunning that we actually got relegated given our squad, facilities, budget and in a league with Hamilton and St Mirren in it. For me the players are absolutely culpable.

Edited by Jambos_1874

2 minutes ago, One five said:

Yes I was there at paisley yes we were pathetic but it does not change that We were shat on. 

I was there too and I genuinely think that is the worst Hearts performance I have ever witnessed. Absolutely agonising.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

I enjoyed it and although it isn't as in depth as I would like, it is three one hour long episodes so they have to be selective. 

My prevailing thought is that the staff work very hard and really do give everything, but there is a lack of fight and desire from the players. Very hard to say from such a brief glimpse but that was the sense I got. When you think about it, it is stunning that we actually got relegated given our squad, facilities, budget and in a league with Hamilton and St Murray in it. For me the players are absolutely culpable.

It would be nice to think that the wage thieves watched it and realised that they were letting down those behind the scenes. However, I would guess they are more interested in what their bank accounts currently say than anything else.

Maybe being harsh since in looking back at the season we had and how it went down, but hearing so many people talking about a laugh and a joke, a good time, keep the players happy etc. has pissed me right off.

You’re getting paid thousands of pounds a week to take it seriously not have a laugh and a giggle. I know it’s football and team spirit etc is a big part of it, but **** me the culture at Hearts was and for all we know still is just wrong.

Not from them all, fair enough, but I will never dislike a squad of players as much as I disliked the lot from that season. Just didn’t seem to give a ****. 

Reminds me of a pal I know working at a restaurant just now, who when discussing the possible incoming lockdown mk2 said “long as I’m furloughed and still getting paid it doesn’t bother me.” He’s getting minimum wage and I wanted to slap the tit.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It would be nice to think that the wage thieves watched it and realised that they were letting down those behind the scenes. However, I would guess they are more interested in what their bank accounts currently say than anything else.

Indeed.   Fat Brian alluded to that - can't move players out to other Scottish cubs because of the big money they're on here.  

30 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What a revelation from Naismith “ you need to score goals “ ! 

That wasn't the context.

Many relegation teams struggle to score, we were scoring.  

It was the 'chuck ins' every game costing us.

That was what he was alluding to.

Whilst this is enjoyable , it none the less hammers home that to be in the position we got ourselves was the result of poor decisions at board level. Whilst we have moved on, things are appearing to be improving, to deny those failures is a failure. 

18Jambo_dave74

I have to say I’m delighted at how relatively dull and watered down this documentary has been so far as I’d been dreading how we would be portrayed. I actually think over the 2 episodes they’ve showed us winning more than losing! 

Whilst Stendel did a pretty poor job as manager he comes across very well. Have to feel for him in terms of the shambles he inherited.

This episode has also reminded me how much I can’t stand Brian McLaughlin.

Harry Stone comes across superbly and clearly has his head screwed on. Hopefully he gets the career with us that he deserves.

1 minute ago, David Black said:

Whilst this is enjoyable , it none the less hammers home that to be in the position we got ourselves was the result of poor decisions at board level. Whilst we have moved on, things are appearing to be improving, to deny those failures is a failure. 

:spoton:

Loads of depressing moments in that episode that I had forgotten/expunged from my memory.

Had completely forgotten about the Avdijaj signing.

Could have just summed up his Hearts career with footage of him booting the ball out of the park in the last minute when we are trying to get something out of the game.

Stendel came across as the class act he was, and you start to wonder how he would have developed things at Hearts but then I just remember centre halves sprinting back from the half way line in vain and realise that it was his lack of pragmatism that ultimately caused us to be bottom when the season was called.