Press conference 4/11 ( updated )

JamboSpur

Just now, FruitJuice said:

It's not just the first team that isnt working.  Where are all the youngsters that were going to make the first team?  

As I said, **** him .  Sick of it all being about him  couldn't give a Turkish about us till they are both gone.  What has he achieved with non first team things?  

No more talking about the man for me.  A club who's fans are heralded for what they are doing with FOH and we feel less connected to the club than other fans.  I suppose we are just a pile...

These youngsters are still between the ages of 15-18, we’re not going to have a team full of them. Trying to say we have absolutely no promising prospects? Because I’d strongly disagree. The fruits of the academy will not be felt for another two or three years. You can’t make someone grow quicker. 

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• RobNox

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure what is being sucked up? Levein’s contract ends at the of the season I believe. I can’t see him staying on after that. 

The fact that we have just to accept the fact that ue is still here when he has left the first team.in a mess.  If he is here until then, I suppose his backroom staff are as well.  Probably why he is staying on... 

3 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

He won’t stay on after that, it’s been made clear. People just can’t help themselves but having a pop at the club these days, though. 

Having a pop for the sake of it?  Pathetic.  

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

So until then it's just suck it up?  **** the both of them.  I'll wait until the club is ours again

Suck what up? No-one's forcing you to obsess over Craig Levein sitting in an office trying to think of ways make our Academy better. What are you going to do to try to make us better? Shout louder at games? Up your FoH contributions? 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

These youngsters are still between the ages of 15-18, we’re not going to have a team full of them. Trying to say we have absolutely no promising prospects? Because I’d strongly disagree. The fruits of the academy will not be felt for another two or three years. You can’t make someone grow quicker. 

Agree with you about the youngsters 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah I get that but after all this failure he should be gone from the club completely in my opinion 

Selkirk. You matter as much as a peebles newspaper when it comes to what the fans think.  We are still levein FC  

5 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

'Fan owned but not Fan run'. Besides FOH have already given Budge the CEO gig for another two years, as far as I'm aware, should she wish to take it on.

That’s not been confirmed re Ann staying on. The FoH agm might give some clarity on that.  

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Suck what up? No-one's forcing you to obsess over Craig Levein sitting in an office trying to think of ways make our Academy better. What are you going to do to try to make us better? Shout louder at games? Up your FoH contributions? 

It's the club who are obsessed with keeping on a guy who isnt wanted by the fans.  I'm only oussed off because we are where we are because of him and that others could see it a year ago.  A lot of time and money has been wasted trying to do what's best for him.  Hopefully we get our club back soon.  

Maybe we would be better to appoint someone like Robbo until the end of the season, until the club passes to FOH?

Whoever then takes over recruits the person they want to take us forward, with the backing and support of FOH. 

I'm not sure I'm 100% confident in the current board making the right choice, especially if levein has any influence over it!

Edited by Paulp74

Leveins Battalion

I found the press conference with Ann Budge pretty painfull to watch in all honesty.It's clear that she has little football knowledge and relied heavily on Levein.

I have my doubts that she will make the right appointment and even if there is a long term plan.

We have wasted so much time and resources on the current shambles that makes this restructuring so important.Hopefully she proves me and any other doubters wrong.

Byyy The Light
14 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

So until then it's just suck it up?  **** the both of them.  I'll wait until the club is ours again

When was it ever ours?  You’ve lost grasp of reality.

23 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Let’s be clear, he has not been sacked. He has been relieved of all first team duties and moved into a different line of work. There is a difference between the two. As for any manager coming in, as long as they have reassurances he has absolutely nothing to do with first team affairs then it shouldn’t be a problem. 

Well put. Hopefully clarifies it all for the hard of reading and hard of hearing. 

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

When was it ever ours?  You’ve lost grasp of reality.

I thought it was our club we were being asked to save and fund when we we nearly went under?    So it's just pure business now?  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

I thought it was our club we were being asked to save and fund when we we nearly went under?    So it's just pure business now?  

It's always been our club and always will be. We just never run it. Thanks goodness.

I love the idea that Ann Budge has no ‘football knowledge’ unlike the parade of male chancers who have occupied the upper echelons of Scottish football clubs for decades!

Unreal. 

Edited by Pants Shaton

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

You alright..?  You've got me scared...

You're scared !

I'm scared !

I expected Mrs Budge to lead from the front not be holding press conferences giving out strong positive messages then retracting them within 24 hours. 

WTF is going on.

Byyy The Light

Well you thought wrong. Fans have never owned the club. You’re getting nowt back. Get used to it. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It's always been our club and always will be. We just never run it. Thanks goodness.

Another poster has just said it isn't.  We will never run it, but I thought it was being run for us? 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

You're scared !

I'm scared !

I expected Mrs Budge to lead from the front not be holding press conferences giving out strong positive messages then retracting them within 24 hours. 

WTF is going on.

Levein? 

23 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

You've pretty much answered your first point yourself - Budge needs to get a consultant in as she isn't confident enough she has the knowledge and experience to do it herself!

I dont see it as a bad thing though. Probably makes sense to get some info about what people are like, who's respected in football circles etc

Exactly, every chairman and ceo in football when making a managerial appointment will take soundings from previous clubs, players, associates etc. In other words they will ‘consult’ with others to gain insight into the background, methods, character of potential hires. Mrs Budge just confirmed to us that she is planning to do this. It beggars belief, if she said she would just make the hiring decision on her own the same posters on here would be up in arms because ‘she knows nothing about football’ so how can she hire the next manager. 

I dont doubt CL has done good work in relation to the academy and has taken a great interest in all the youngsters.  Disappointing then when you read two of the threads on here today clearly outlining no pipeline of stars emerging in the near future.  Not blaming Levein for that but disappointing nonetheless.

I've got high hope's for McKenzie Kirk, hopefully the new Ronaldo.

26 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It is starting to look like this decision was to appease the fans rather than actually get rid off him.  After the last carry on with the new manager being in the building all along, there should be complete transparency with the fans.  With him still being here it doesn't look that way.  We sack him and still do it in a way that suits him.  Losing all faith in the club to be transparent with us.  Are they just saying what we want to hear until the handover?  I won't relax about this until there is a new appointment that has nothing to do with levein and the current backroom staff.  I suppose that'll take a wee while.  It looks like those who started being sceptical about her might not be wrong.  It's up to her to prove them wrong with the new manager appointment.   

Apart from retreating quicker than a WW2  Italian tank commander, the work relationship between Budge and Levein has the potential  to undermine the authority of the new Manager, whoever that might be.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I dont doubt CL has done good work in relation to the academy and has taken a great interest in all the youngsters.  Disappointing then when you read two of the threads on here today clearly outlining no pipeline of stars emerging in the near future.  Not blaming Levein for that but disappointing nonetheless.

There's plenty good talent in the academy mate but be another couple of years before they ready 

12 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It's the club who are obsessed with keeping on a guy who isnt wanted by the fans.  I'm only oussed off because we are where we are because of him and that others could see it a year ago.  A lot of time and money has been wasted trying to do what's best for him.  Hopefully we get our club back soon.  

No, it’s a few on here obsessed with making life as difficult as possible for Craig Levein. He has no further responsibility or input to first team matters. That’s what most, by far, wanted.  Might have taken longer to happen than many thought it should but it’s done. It’s over. Why can’t you move on? 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Another poster has just said it isn't.  We will never run it, but I thought it was being run for us? 

Yes, for us not for just you. If you want more say you can go to AGMs and try to get on the FoH board. I'm sure a lot of Hearts fans think Levein has done a good job with the off field stuff and would rather he focuses on that for the remainder of his contract than sit at home getting paid for nothing.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, it’s a few on here obsessed with making life as difficult as possible for Craig Levein. He has no further responsibility or input to first team matters. That’s what most, by far, wanted.  Might have taken longer to happen than many thought it should but it’s done. It’s over. Why can’t you move on? 

I will when I see that the next appointment has no connections to him. Until then I'm wary that he still has a lot of influence at the club.  Will his backroom staff be here until their contracts are up?  That'll show that he is still involved.  Theres no other reason to keep them on when a new man comes in.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

There are a number of real prospects but they are 15-17/18 years old so still too young to be a)consistent and b) able to come into a first team bereft of confidence and make a difference. As we have seen in the past with Cochrane and Smith they can come in to a team of experienced players and make a contribution but we can’t expect five or six to make the breakthrough at the same time. At the moment Hickey and Irving are getting their chance. Others will be along shortly. 

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I will when I see that the next appointment has no connections to him. Until then I'm wary that he still has a lot of influence at the club.  Will his backroom staff be here until their contracts are up?  That'll show that he is still involved.  Theres no other reason to keep them on when a new man comes in.

Unless the new man wants to keep

them all on but I doubt he will. 

Unless the next manager wants them.  As an example, just say it’s Robinson, hopefully not but if it is he is mates with McPhee and Kirk. If he keeps them on is that down to Levein? 

46 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I suspect some people have watched it several times in order to find something to moan about.

No matter who the SD and manager are there’ll be plenty who’ll find negatives and somehow make a link to Craig Levein.

I kind of agree with you BUT she makes a strong press conference telling all that

CL has nothing to do with the new appointments THEN 24 hours later is saying she is going to ask his advice.

My concern is that she is now appearing to be very indecisive which is bad news at this moment in time.

What are the other members of the board doing are they incapable of an input ?

BTW  I dont really care what CL does as long as he is not involved with the first team or hiring managers or Sporting directors.

I hope she has a SD lined up or this suspicion about CL will drag on.

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s not been confirmed re Ann staying on. The FoH agm might give some clarity on that.  

Yet ,Stuart Wallace was falling over himself in the Press, not so long ago, to extend her stay as the CEO for a further two years.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Yet ,Stuart Wallace was falling over himself in the Press, not so long ago, to extend her stay as the CEO for a further two years.

Yes, that seemed to be one thing FOH were capable of commenting on

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unless the new man wants to keep

them all on but I doubt he will. 

The club should be recommending that any new manager doesn’t keep them on.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

McPhee already appointed Park without Levein's say-so.

Nelly Terraces

So, we try & approach someone we really want but he turns round & says he doesn't want Levein hanging round like a bad smell.

What then?

Perth to Paisley

I have no issue with Craig Levein doing more good work in a area he has supposedly done well in.

Why would I?

I also have no issue with  Ann Budge asking his opinion provided he is only one of the people consulted.

Why wouldn't she ask?

(Any reply has to be tempered with Cathro being  a previous recommendation!)

The final decision will be the Boards which Levein is clearly not part of.

Levein no longer has any input into first team matters. 

Are we  to ban him from the ground in case he shouts something tactical in the same way a few arseholes who sit near me do.

🙂

Simply some will never move on.

McPhee already appointed Park without Levein's say-so.

Will the other coaches also be here until the end of the season?

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

So, we try & approach someone we really want but he turns round & says he doesn't want Levein hanging round like a bad smell.

What then?

He gets told to gtf.  Levein matters more than anything.  

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Hopefully get these next 2 appointments spot on and then Mrs Budge should remain because off the field we've never been stronger , she's done fantastic job on the business side but been let down by levein on  the football side 

1 minute ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I have no issue with Craig Levein doing more good work in a area he has supposedly done well in.

Why would I?

I also have no issue with  Ann Budge asking his opinion provided he is only one of the people consulted.

Why wouldn't she ask?

(Any reply has to be tempered with Cathro being  a previous recommendation!)

The final decision will be the Boards which Levein is clearly not part of.

Levein no longer has any input into first team matters. 

Are we  to ban him from the ground in case he shouts something tactical in the same way a few arseholes who sit near me do.

🙂

Simply some will never move on.

A lot of us won't move on until he is gone due to the power he held af the club.  That is understandable.   

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hopefully get these next 2 appointments spot on and then Mrs Budge should remain because off the field we've never been stronger , she's done fantastic job on the business side but been let down by levein on  the football side 

She's also been left down by herself due to not acting sooner.  

Nelly Terraces
3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

He gets told to gtf.  Levein matters more than anything.  

Indeed. Budge & Levein both think they're bigger than the club. 

How would I know?

Just asking.  If they are, it'll feel like a kick in the teeth.  They also haven't delivered so should go as well.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, FruitJuice said:

She's also been left down by herself due to not acting sooner.  

I've said that previously so agree with you but she's also run the business side really well and that's her expertise 

Guest ToqueJambo

A lot of us won't move on until he is gone due to the power he held af the club.  That is understandable.   

Poor you. Have a nice cup of tea and a Penguin. It'll be OK.

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Indeed. Budge & Levein both think they're bigger than the club. 

They are the ****ing club now and we have to just accept it.  Why else would he not be 'sacked'? 

13 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

We should get an update on that at the agm in December. I’ve no idea what the current thinking is or whether she actually still wants to stay on. 

Poor you. Have a nice cup of tea and a Penguin. It'll be OK.

I'm.trying to watch my figure.  It's not poor me, its poor us...

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I kind of agree with you BUT she makes a strong press conference telling all that

CL has nothing to do with the new appointments THEN 24 hours later is saying she is going to ask his advice.

My concern is that she is now appearing to be very indecisive which is bad news at this moment in time.

What are the other members of the board doing are they incapable of an input ?

BTW  I dont really care what CL does as long as he is not involved with the first team or hiring managers or Sporting directors.

I hope she has a SD lined up or this suspicion about CL will drag on.

She was asked a question she answered it. She said she’d ask his opinion which given the guys been in football for 40 years isn’t a bad thing. He doesn’t have the final say and I’m sure the decision will sit with more than just AB. I just think too many people are getting wound up for no reason. Let’s see who lands the jobs and judge then, tbh we don’t have much choice.