Press conference 4/11 ( updated )

JamboSpur

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Some fans seem unable to separate Ann Budge making money as the custodian of the club which in turn facilitates the manager to buy players and the manager buying shit players.

Can you imagine the uproar if any manager turned round and said  Ann Budge wouldn't give him money for players! Or I wanted to buy Michael Smith but Ann Budge thought he was shit so said no.... etc etc.

The scenario in her own business would've been the sales team winning a large piece of work, the onsite delivery manager picking the wrong team to deliver it and not being paid against the agreed contract. They'd replace the team and try and deliver the original project if that didn't happen the onsite manager would be removed a new guy put in place with a new team, they may lose money on the contract they may not - meanwhile the rest of the business would be making money and cover any losses from the badly delivered piece of work.

It's a ridiculous train of thought and another thing that will cause countless arguments when we are fan Owned. 

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• RobNox

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
Just now, FruitJuice said:

Has he made a statement since he left the manager's job?  I thought he'd at least thank the fans and club for the last five years etc. 

He will once things have settled down. 

Unfortunately, if he came out and made a statement now he'd be shot down imo. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly ! I never said FOH somebody else did 

You need to explain yourself better when saying Ann is wasting money then. 

FOH, could be argued that it is fans money, but that is being used to facilitate the new stand and to pay off Ann. 

Is that a waste? 

Even then, as soon as you pledge it, it becomes the FOH money. 

If it's season ticket, merchandising, food sales or anything else than that's not fans money as soon as you buy whatever it is you bought, it then becomes the clubs money. 

So, where or what is this fans money that you say  Budge has wasted? 

If you were making a point about some shit players then fair enough( no one will argue) , but to say Ann is wasting fans money is a load of shite. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He will once things have settled down. 

Unfortunately, if he came out and made a statement now he'd be shot down imo. 

A basic thanks to the fans and club wouldn't be shot down.  

38 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He should just be gone completely and immediately. I’ve almost blown myself out moaning about Levein - mods, save me from myself and an inevitable ban by closing my account - but no sensible club operates like this. It’s proper weird.

I'm in this camp.Hearts should be putting their hands in the coffers and pay off the rest of his contract. That would stop all the nonsense about any input he may or not have.Its ridiculous he is still being discussed. He should be gone.Problem solved.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

A basic thanks to the fans and club wouldn't be shot down.  

Aye it would. 

Some arseholes would twist it. 

He'll say something soonish I reckon tho. 

AB mentioned that five years ago she wanted a consistent style of play and asked the coaching staff why they didn't have one. You would naturally wonder whatever it was the coaching staff had been doing with the players for the last few months. You don't have to be an expert to notice the continual deterioration in the level of football.

43 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Sorry!

Actually you weren't so far wrong.

It turns out she has added to the statement in another source. 

She's rapidly losing support as she looks lost now.

Seems that she doesn't trust the rest of the board to help her. If none of them have enough football knowledge to make decisions what the feck are they doing there in the first place.

We are now in competition with Hibs for the same pool of available managers so now is not the time to be hanging around waiting on a Sporting Director being appointed.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Actually you weren't so far wrong.

It turns out she has added to the statement in another source. 

She's rapidly losing support as she looks lost now.

Seems that she doesn't trust the rest of the board to help her. If none of them have enough football knowledge to make decisions what the feck are they doing there in the first place.

We are now in competition with Hibs for the same pool of available managers so now is not the time to be hanging around waiting on a Sporting Director being appointed.

You alright..?  You've got me scared...

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe she just wants CL's advice so she can go the other other way. 

Like asking a tory on how to run the NHS, take it in and then do the opposite. 

Asking for advice and taking the advice are two different things. 

Also, as already mentioned CL could be asked for advice if he wasn't with us as well. 

She is acting rather stupid putting out her 2 contradictory comments to the press about Levein and recruiting a new manager. 

There is no getting away from that. 

Can't live without him and can't live with him is what springs to mind. 😏

57 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

There is something they aren't telling us by keeping him on.  Name one other club who sacks the manager and keeps him on?  What is it that is stopping us making a clean break from now.  Even sacking him was about what was good for him.  After the last few year, why do we owe him anything? Proper weird is the best description yet.  He was supposed to be hanging around the dug out at today's reserve game.  I thought he was relieved of all football duties? Him being there does no favours with the fans.  It's not our club until he goes completely.  

Looking increasingly more like a sideways move until the heat is off with the fans.

My guess is that Budge will find him another role, at the Club, in six momths time based on what an alledgely fab job he has done in the interim, so that she can continue to rely on his advise.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

She is acting rather stupid putting out her 2 contradictory comments to the press about Levein and recruiting a new manager. 

There is no getting away from that. 

Can't live without him and can't live with him is what springs to mind. 😏

Maybe. 

But asking and taking advice are different things. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

AB mentioned that five years ago she wanted a consistent style of play and asked the coaching staff why they didn't have one. You would naturally wonder whatever it was the coaching staff had been doing with the players for the last few months. You don't have to be an expert to notice the continual deterioration in the level of football.

We have a consistent playing style. 

Job done on that front.

COUPLE OF POINTS:

LEVEIN HAS BEEN SACKED - HE HAS NO INVOLVEMENT WITH FIRST TEAM MATTERS - IT DOESN’T MEAN HE HAS NOTHING TO OFFER ELSEWHERE - THE GUY HASN’T BECOME 100% DUD.

IF ANNE BUDGE IS PUTTING HER OWN MONEY INTO HEARTS - EITHER BY DEBT FORGIVENESS OR OVERTLY - IT WOULD BE INSANE TO ADVERTISE IT CURRENTLY - AS IT MAKES TERRIBLE BUSINESS SENSE TO DO SO. IT WOULD AMAZE ME IF, WHEN THE DUST SETTLES, SHE HASN’T PUMPED IN A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF CASH.

CAPS LOCK Off. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe. 

But asking and taking advice are different things. 

Possibly but is it wise to say one thing and 2 days later say another? 

Really don't think so, it's just giving the press and fans an unnecessary stick to beat her with. 

If she wants to act that way she would better off keeping it private. 

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

There isn't a single bit of this I disagree with.  Over five years and we are still to see the benefits of what's being built.  We will look back on levein's second spell with a lot of resentment due to the wasted opportunity.  Did she say when the football review will be out? She has to get this right, and be completely transparent, or she will lose the respect of fans forever.  She might even lose a few season tickets as well.  Clubs should realise that football isnt the be all and end all that it was and that fans are happy to take the large amounts of money they spend elsewhere.  Dont okay this straight and she is playing a dangerous game with fans loyalty.   Really scunnered at what we have wasted over the last few years.  Him being here is wrong

She is looking more incompetent by the day. 

Having Levein hanging around the background is a silly silly thing to do then she says she may discuss potential managers with him. Then she says she will consult with other clubs to see how they went about recruiting a suitable manager. 

What the actual **** is that about!!! 

Just GTF Ann 

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

COUPLE OF POINTS:

LEVEIN HAS BEEN SACKED - HE HAS NO INVOLVEMENT WITH FIRST TEAM MATTERS - IT DOESN’T MEAN HE HAS NOTHING TO OFFER ELSEWHERE - THE GUY HASN’T BECOME 100% DUD.

IF ANNE BUDGE IS PUTTING HER OWN MONEY INTO HEARTS - EITHER BY DEBT FORGIVENESS OR OVERTLY - IT WOULD BE INSANE TO ADVERTISE IT CURRENTLY - AS IT MAKES TERRIBLE BUSINESS SENSE TO DO SO. IT WOULD AMAZE ME IF, WHEN THE DUST SETTLES, SHE HASN’T PUMPED IN A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF CASH.

CAPS LOCK Off. 

Saves me typing it - the whole post, not the 'caps lock' bit!

Edited by August Landmesser
Klarificayshun

Another point: 

The number of ****ing idiotic posts on this thread that would have been avoided by just watching the 15 minutes of the press conference which is free on Hearts TV.  FFS.

4 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

COUPLE OF POINTS:

CAPS LOCK Off. 

99.9% Levein is a dud and he is hanging about like a bad smell!!! 

First thing I would want to know as a new manager is why the old manager is still at the club!!! Baffling. 

Just now, rick witter said:

First thing I would want to know as a new manager is why the old manager is still at the club!!! Baffling. 

Im hoping we appoint someone who isn’t too witless to understand why.

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

Im hoping we appoint someone who isn’t too witless to understand why.

Tell us why then oh wise one? 

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

Another point: 

The number of ****ing idiotic posts on this thread that would have been avoided by just watching the 15 minutes of the press conference which is free on Hearts TV.  FFS.

I suspect some people have watched it several times in order to find something to moan about.

No matter who the SD and manager are there’ll be plenty who’ll find negatives and somehow make a link to Craig Levein.

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It's a factor. 

But the pros outweigh the cons

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I doubt it’ll take much explaining at the interview. I suspect they’ll be more interested in the Jan transfer budget, injury update, targets for the season, salary and contract lengths.

Selkirkhmfc1874
53 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You need to explain yourself better when saying Ann is wasting money then. 

FOH, could be argued that it is fans money, but that is being used to facilitate the new stand and to pay off Ann. 

Is that a waste? 

Even then, as soon as you pledge it, it becomes the FOH money. 

If it's season ticket, merchandising, food sales or anything else than that's not fans money as soon as you buy whatever it is you bought, it then becomes the clubs money. 

So, where or what is this fans money that you say  Budge has wasted? 

If you were making a point about some shit players then fair enough( no one will argue) , but to say Ann is wasting fans money is a load of shite. 

Fact of the matter is levein has wasted a shit load of money with bad decisions since robbie left the club starting with cathro and then an absolute horrendous list of dud signings the last 3 years 

5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Like Pants, I'm not remotely baffled.  Never bern so baffledless.  In fact, I'd be baffled if I was baffled.  But I'm not so I'm not.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Like Pants, I'm not remotely baffled.  Never bern so baffledless.  In fact, I'd be baffled if I was baffled.  But I'm not so I'm not.

It’s just another in a long line of nonsense things Ann has done!! 

You are sacked Craig but here is a made up job until the end of the season. You couldn’t make it up. 

I would have said here Craig you can have your salary until May but you have to sit in the house and not come into the club again!!  

13 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Looking increasingly more like a sideways move until the heat is off with the fans.

My guess is that Budge will find him another role, at the Club, in six momths time based on what an alledgely fab job he has done in the interim, so that she can continue to rely on his advise.

It is starting to look like this decision was to appease the fans rather than actually get rid off him.  After the last carry on with the new manager being in the building all along, there should be complete transparency with the fans.  With him still being here it doesn't look that way.  We sack him and still do it in a way that suits him.  Losing all faith in the club to be transparent with us.  Are they just saying what we want to hear until the handover?  I won't relax about this until there is a new appointment that has nothing to do with levein and the current backroom staff.  I suppose that'll take a wee while.  It looks like those who started being sceptical about her might not be wrong.  It's up to her to prove them wrong with the new manager appointment.   

2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

You are sacked Craig but here is a made up job until the end of the season. You couldn’t make it up. 

I would have said here Craig you can have your salary until May but you have to sit in the house and not come into the club again!!  

Couldn't he even go out for a pint?  Baffling.

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Let’s be clear, he has not been sacked. He has been relieved of all first team duties and moved into a different line of work. There is a difference between the two. As for any manager coming in, as long as they have reassurances he has absolutely nothing to do with first team affairs then it shouldn’t be a problem. 

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It is starting to look like this decision was to appease the fans rather than actually get rid off him.  After the last carry on with the new manager being in the building all along, there should be complete transparency with the fans.  With him still being here it doesn't look that way.  We sack him and still do it in a way that suits him.  Losing all faith in the club to be transparent with us.  Are they just saying what we want to hear until the handover?  I won't relax about this until there is a new appointment that has nothing to do with levein and the current backroom staff.  I suppose that'll take a wee while.  It looks like those who started being sceptical about her might not be wrong.  It's up to her to prove them wrong with the new manager appointment.   

What is complete transparency? She can hardly make all the applications public. We’ll just have to judge the final appointments, as per usual. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

And posters wonder why some of us are now completely sceptical about things now.  If he had any respect for the club and how the fans feel, he would just go.  No chance of that with a narcissist.  I think a poster cracked it with that description of him.  I dont know the person but I despise him still being at our club.  The club used to be about the team and the fans. Now it seems it's more about those behind the scenes now.  She's playing a dangerous game with fans loyalty.  

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

She has been transparent though. She has explained what his remit will and will not be. 

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I find it laughable that the CEO of a footy club has to call in a consultant about hiring a manager. There are loads of good managers out there get the post advertised and hire one... however this is the only real fault I can find with AB she knows nothing about running a football club and the man she pinned her faith in let her down badly when it came to the football department.  People have given CL a lot of respect for what he has done ... but I just cannot see what he has done to deserve that respect. Most of the players he has signed have been very poor... some incredibly so . The football academy has yet to produce a decent player and we are rooted to the foot of the SPL!

You've pretty much answered your first point yourself - Budge needs to get a consultant in as she isn't confident enough she has the knowledge and experience to do it herself!

I dont see it as a bad thing though. Probably makes sense to get some info about what people are like, who's respected in football circles etc

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Let’s be clear, he has not been sacked. He has been relieved of all first team duties and moved into a different line of work. There is a difference between the two. As for any manager coming in, as long as they have reassurances he has absolutely nothing to do with first team affairs then it shouldn’t be a problem. 

So why not just sack him? We are the worst we have been 8n decades and we cant sack him?  Weird 

She has been transparent though. She has explained what his remit will and will not be. 

Why not just get rid of him? It's what the fans want after the state he has left the first team in.  

Edited to add.  **** him  I'm  sick of discussing him and what he has done to our team.  He can do what he wants  it wont be our club again until he is gone.  And her if she gets this next appointment wrong.  Bye you egotistical loser.  

Edited by FruitJuice

25 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

In six months it will be ‘us’, via FoH that will have oversight of that. 

Guest ToqueJambo

I thought everyone agreed that while he failed as first team manager Levein had done a pretty decent job behind the scenes all things considered, especially wth the Academy. That would mean we should be fine with him focusing on the things he was doing well and not having any more input into the things he did badly. 

If we're going to pay him until the end of his contract anyhow, which we have to, I'd rather he was finishing his work with the Academy than sitting around at home getting paid.

5 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

So why not just sack him? We are the worst we have been 8n decades and we cant sack him?  Weird 

I really don’t care whether he has a different role or not, as long as he doesn’t have anything to do with the first team. Could be here for life I wouldn’t give a monkey’s. Despite the shambolic effort of the first team, his work elsewhere in the club has helped us no ends, I’m happy for that to continue and so is Ann and the board, obviously. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So until then it's just suck it up?  **** the both of them.  I'll wait until the club is ours again

So until then it's just suck it up?  **** the both of them.  I'll wait until the club is ours again

You’re deluded if you think much will change after the handover. 

Not sure what is being sucked up? Levein’s contract ends at the of the season I believe. I can’t see him staying on after that. 

From reading and listening to the press conference, it seems like it was a last push by Ann to get folk to send their CV in and selling the club and role.

For instance - Gave Craig time in the role so not quick at sacking, will give someone time; will give it until the end of the week to give folk time to get their cv's in; a good job for someone to get as we have injured players coming back; we have money to pay compensation for managers already in a role. 

Fair enough though. We want to attract the best calibre of applicant. She may not be overly happy with the cv's she's had in so far?

Selkirkhmfc1874

I really don’t care whether he has a different role or not, as long as he doesn’t have anything to do with the first team. Could be here for life I wouldn’t give a monkey’s. Despite the shambolic effort of the first team, his work elsewhere in the club has helped us no ends, I’m happy for that to continue and so is Ann and the board, obviously. 

When robbie left we were 3rd In the league!! Levein appointed cathro which was a disaster and had 2 and a half seasons of complete failure except for start of last season and one or two results along the way 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Not sure what is being sucked up? Levein’s contract ends at the of the season I believe. I can’t see him staying on after that. 

He won’t stay on after that, it’s been made clear. People just can’t help themselves but having a pop at the club these days, though. 

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

I really don’t care whether he has a different role or not, as long as he doesn’t have anything to do with the first team. Could be here for life I wouldn’t give a monkey’s. 

It's not just the first team that isnt working.  Where are all the youngsters that were going to make the first team?  

As I said, **** him .  Sick of it all being about him  couldn't give a Turkish about us till they are both gone.  What has he achieved with non first team things?  

No more talking about the man for me.  A club who's fans are heralded for what they are doing with FOH and we feel less connected to the club than other fans.  I suppose we are just a pile...

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

When robbie left we were 3rd In the league!! Levein appointed cathro which was a disaster and had 2 and a half seasons of complete failure except for start of last season and one or two results along the way 

Hence why I said if he has nothing to do with the first team. Which between and the end of the season, when he leaves the club, he won’t. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

'Fan owned but not Fan run'. Besides FOH have already given Budge the CEO gig for another two years, as far as I'm aware, should she wish to take it on.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, DarioHMFC said:

Hence why I said if he has nothing to do with the first team. Which between and the end of the season, when he leaves the club, he won’t. 

Yeah I get that but after all this failure he should be gone from the club completely in my opinion