• FruitJuice

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• RobNox

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Millions. 

It’s fairly obvious the majority of the players are underperforming currently.

To say millions has been wasted when we haven’t seen these players potential yet under a decent management setup is a bit unrealistic.

Bazzas right boot

Maybe she just wants CL's advice so she can go the other other way. 

Like asking a tory on how to run the NHS, take it in and then do the opposite. 

Asking for advice and taking the advice are two different things. 

Also, as already mentioned CL could be asked for advice if he wasn't with us as well. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

No it's not. What fans money has she wasted? 

FOH Hearts money was/ is used for the stadium and for paying Budge back. 

Also, when you give the club money, it is no longer the fans, it's the clubs. 

She's not stealing money from the fans like a cartoon villain Ffs. 

Never said she was stealing money ! What I said was in her business the money was her own so she sould be more careful with it , at hearts the supporters pump in money through season tickets, merchandise, hospitality etc etc and there's been vast sums wasted on duds 

Players budget has remained same since FOH with these funds going to stadium improvements.

These dramatic statements do us no favours.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s fairly obvious the majority of the players are underperforming currently.

To say millions has been wasted when we haven’t seen these players potential yet under a decent management setup is a bit unrealistic.

Off course it's millions since cathro walked through the door and levein was responsible for that appointment

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Difference in her business was it was her money ! Here the fans are pumping millions into the club and vasts amount of money has been wasted 

She made money being a shrewd business woman in what at that time was an unsaturated market providing software testing services, at that time she had two rivals, one large and the other a smaller player who grabbed what was left by her company and the other one. She sold at the right time as the market became more difficult to operate in with contractors and recruitment companies offering similar services at marked down costs.

She continues to make money and has turned in some very impressive numbers in an industry, unique to any other, where loss making is pretty much accepted as the norm. She provided healthy funds to the football people at the club who spent it - wisely or otherwise that's up for debate certainly! Blaming Ann Budge for "wasting vast amounts of money" really is completely ill thought out nonsense with a hugely bitter taste about it. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Dissapointing to hear Levein could potentially have a massive input in to who our new manager is. If he's the last port of call then hecould be the determining factor on who we actually take.

From Cathro to Daly and Fox he is not someone who should have any influence on who our new manager is.

Not how I read it really. If there are 2 or 3 candidates with very little separating them she will ask his opinion. She will also ask others. 

However, I agree he should have absolutely zero input on who we employ

Bottom line is IF you are stupid enough to believe that your FOH payments have somehow been balooned on player contracts then stop paying but you are delaying the hand over to the club.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

She made money being a shrewd business woman in what at that time was an unsaturated market providing software testing services, at that time she had two rivals, one large and the other a smaller player who grabbed what was left by her company and the other one. She sold at the right time as the market became more difficult to operate in with contractors and recruitment companies offering similar services at marked down costs.

She continues to make money and has turned in some very impressive numbers in an industry, unique to any other, where loss making is pretty much accepted as the norm. She provided healthy funds to the football people at the club who spent it - wisely or otherwise that's up for debate certainly! Blaming Ann Budge for "wasting vast amounts of money" really is completely ill thought out nonsense with a hugely bitter taste about it. 

I'm saying levein has wasted vast amounts of money but obviously mrs Budge backed him when I'd wager in her past business she wouldn't be throwing money about with absolutely no return 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Not at all.  I would like Gazza to get the job as much as Larsson.  Both high profile both available but both I wouldn’t want anyway near our managers job. 

I should have put a smiley. It was a play on Gaza and his fishing quotes.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Bottom line is IF you are stupid enough to believe that your FOH payments have somehow been balooned on player contracts then stop paying but you are delaying the hand over to the club.

I've been FOH contributor from the start and will be until the day I die 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm saying levein has wasted vast amounts of money but obviously mrs Budge backed him when I'd wager in her past business she wouldn't be throwing money about with absolutely no return 

So Ann Budge hasn't wasted vast amounts of money then???  I'm certain in her own business she made many mistakes which cost her money, but she learnt from that and didn't make those mistakes again, and clearly continued to make money. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

So Ann Budge hasn't wasted vast amounts of money then???  I'm certain in her own business she made many mistakes which cost her money, but she learnt from that and didn't make those mistakes again, and clearly continued to make money. 

Look if you don't think we've wasted vast amounts of money on absolute dross we'll agree to disagree  

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Levein away so it’s now time to aim the guns at Ann Budge.

Expect more of this shit in the next few months.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Levein away so it’s now time to aim the guns at Ann Budge.

Expect more of this shit in the next few months.

Not from me ! If you check my past posting history you'll see I'm one of Mrs Budge biggest backers 

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I've been FOH contributor from the start and will be until the day I die 

Absolutely.  And then we get through the weeds of our recent dramas  we will be back stronger than ever.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Look if you don't think we've wasted vast amounts of money on absolute dross we'll agree to disagree  

I disagree Ann Budge has, which is what you originally stated.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Never said she was stealing money ! What I said was in her business the money was her own so she sould be more careful with it , at hearts the supporters pump in money through season tickets, merchandise, hospitality etc etc and there's been vast sums wasted on duds 

As soon as you buy a St, clothes etc it's not the fans money. It's the clubs. 

Folk wanting a say because they bought a St or a strip can gtf tbh. 

That's not how it works. 

She's not wasted any fans money. 

There has been some money wasted you could argue, but iirc we've posted profits each of the last 3 seasons, so factually we've made money as a club. 

For money wasted see rangers. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Coburg Hearts
16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Going by your logic we should never bring any players into the club as they might turn out to be duds. Almost every club on the planet bring in players who don't live up to expectations, so I suppose every team is wasting money. Look at the many duds Hibs brought in in the last window. 

I can guarantee this place would be in meltdown if she ever refused to sign a player the manager- any manager - wanted. Imagine the calls for her to keep her nose out of the playing side of things.

With some on here she just can't win

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As soon as you buy a St, clothes etc it's not the fans money. It's the clubs. 

Folk wanting a say because they bought a St or a strip can gtf tbh. 

That's not how it works. 

She's not wasted any fans money. 

There has been some money wasted you could argue, but iirc we've posted profits each of the last 3 seasons, so factually we've made money as a club. 

For money wasted see rangers. 

Some fans seem unable to separate Ann Budge making money as the custodian of the club which in turn facilitates the manager to buy players and the manager buying shit players.

Can you imagine the uproar if any manager turned round and said  Ann Budge wouldn't give him money for players! Or I wanted to buy Michael Smith but Ann Budge thought he was shit so said no.... etc etc.

The scenario in her own business would've been the sales team winning a large piece of work, the onsite delivery manager picking the wrong team to deliver it and not being paid against the agreed contract. They'd replace the team and try and deliver the original project if that didn't happen the onsite manager would be removed a new guy put in place with a new team, they may lose money on the contract they may not - meanwhile the rest of the business would be making money and cover any losses from the badly delivered piece of work.

Adam_the_legend
45 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

How has this become about FOH? Someone said the fans money and it seems some assumptions have been made. Fans contribute money in other ways outside of FOH. 

Adam_the_legend
20 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Going by your logic we should never bring any players into the club as they might turn out to be duds. Almost every club on the planet bring in players who don't live up to expectations, so I suppose every team is wasting money. Look at the many duds Hibs brought in in the last window. 

I can guarantee this place would be in meltdown if she ever refused to sign a player the manager- any manager - wanted. Imagine the calls for her to keep her nose out of the playing side of things.

With some on here she just can't win

As many as hearts over the last 3 years??

57 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe she just wants CL's advice so she can go the other other way. 

Like asking a tory on how to run the NHS, take it in and then do the opposite. 

Asking for advice and taking the advice are two different things. 

Also, as already mentioned CL could be asked for advice if he wasn't with us as well. 

Do you think levein is the consultant she is going to bring in..?  I'd laugh

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If Hibs were going to recruit a manager and the choice was Robinson or Robbie then looking at the stats alone they would go for Robbie. Much more experience as a manager, much higher win %age, much higher league finish positions, much higher win %age in similar level of English football, much higher current league position, has actually won something as a manager. 
Yet you would have the runner-up in that two horse race as our next manager?  Completely baffling. There’s just zero logic to it other than your gut feel or a wind-up. 

You make a great pitch to be Robbie's agent but I was comparing ROBBO.

Selkirkhmfc1874
15 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

How has this become about FOH? Someone said the fans money and it seems some assumptions have been made. Fans contribute money in other ways outside of FOH. 

Exactly ! I never said FOH somebody else did 

30 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I agree.

”Club” money should be the correct use of language moving forward.

Whether money comes in from ST sales, FOH, benefactors or any other revenue stream it is “club” money.

Coburg Hearts
29 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

As many as hearts over the last 3 years??

Some will, some won't. It's part and parcel of football. 

Coburg Hearts
10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Shelley Kerr was at the Oriam today.

Haha  Could be the best wind-up since Vlad wanted us to play in green (allegedly) 

32 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I find it laughable that the CEO of a footy club has to call in a consultant about hiring a manager. There are loads of good managers out there get the post advertised and hire one... however this is the only real fault I can find with AB she knows nothing about running a football club and the man she pinned her faith in let her down badly when it came to the football department.  People have given CL a lot of respect for what he has done ... but I just cannot see what he has done to deserve that respect. Most of the players he has signed have been very poor... some incredibly so . The football academy has yet to produce a decent player and we are rooted to the foot of the SPL!

1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I should have put a smiley. It was a play on Gaza and his fishing quotes.

:) I got that but I wasn’t fishing maself I’m too much of a chicken. 

8 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I find it laughable that the CEO of a footy club has to call in a consultant about hiring a manager. There are loads of good managers out there get the post advertised and hire one... however this is the only real fault I can find with AB she knows nothing about running a football club and the man she pinned her faith in let her down badly when it came to the football department.  People have given CL a lot of respect for what he has done ... but I just cannot see what he has done to deserve that respect. Most of the players he has signed have been very poor... some incredibly so . The football academy has yet to produce a decent player and we are rooted to the foot of the SPL!

There isn't a single bit of this I disagree with.  Over five years and we are still to see the benefits of what's being built.  We will look back on levein's second spell with a lot of resentment due to the wasted opportunity.  Did she say when the football review will be out? She has to get this right, and be completely transparent, or she will lose the respect of fans forever.  She might even lose a few season tickets as well.  Clubs should realise that football isnt the be all and end all that it was and that fans are happy to take the large amounts of money they spend elsewhere.  Dont okay this straight and she is playing a dangerous game with fans loyalty.   Really scunnered at what we have wasted over the last few years.  Him being here is wrong

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Dissapointing to hear Levein could potentially have a massive input in to who our new manager is. If he's the last port of call then hecould be the determining factor on who we actually take.

From Cathro to Daly and Fox he is not someone who should have any influence on who our new manager is.

It’s gone from Ann Budge publically saying she may well ask CL’s opinion on his successor to him potentially having a massive input then on to him possibly being the determining factor on who we actually employ.

How did you manage this ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He should just be gone completely and immediately. I’ve almost blown myself out moaning about Levein - mods, save me from myself and an inevitable ban by closing my account - but no sensible club operates like this. It’s proper weird.

Coburg Hearts
15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

:) I got that but I wasn’t fishing maself I’m too much of a chicken. 

:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He should just be gone completely and immediately. I’ve almost blown myself out moaning about Levein - mods, save me from myself and an inevitable ban by closing my account - but no sensible club operates like this. It’s proper weird.

There is something they aren't telling us by keeping him on.  Name one other club who sacks the manager and keeps him on?  What is it that is stopping us making a clean break from now.  Even sacking him was about what was good for him.  After the last few year, why do we owe him anything? Proper weird is the best description yet.  He was supposed to be hanging around the dug out at today's reserve game.  I thought he was relieved of all football duties? Him being there does no favours with the fans.  It's not our club until he goes completely.  

Has he released a statement since he was fired and have the press asked him anything? You think after five years he would at least publicly thank the club and the fans.  

Footballfirst
59 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Doesn't she work from there?

57 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sporting Director in waiting...

The Scotland women's team was training on the pitch adjacent to the astro pitch.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

Nah. 

He'll have an opinion, but I think Ann was quite specific - her and was it 3 board members will choose?

Cl isn't on the board. 

Likley hood is she'll always speak to CL about football (if he's employed or not by us) but he won't decide anything in regards to the first team or this appointment. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Nah. 

He'll have an opinion, but I think Ann was quite specific - her and was it 3 board members will choose?

Cl isn't on the board. 

Likley hood is she'll always speak to CL about football (if he's employed or not by us) but he won't decide anything in regards to the first team or this appointment. 

Has he made a statement since he left the manager's job?  I thought he'd at least thank the fans and club for the last five years etc.