Press conference 4/11 ( updated )

JamboSpur

Big Slim Stylee
46 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Every single one of those things I just mentioned has been happening to me on here these last few days! :lol:

Just acknowledging those who have decided to show a little class. 👍

That’s pretty fecked up mate 🙁

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• RobNox

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Genuinely doesn’t bother me much, and genuinely take it as a backhanded compliment most of the time. Just expect a bit more moderation of the more sinister stuff really.

Anyway, cheers for saying so. 

Those responsible are scum.

Tracksuit wearing, flag waving, spray painting, knees in blood singing scumbags.

Not welcome at our wonderful club, not welcome on here so therefore gather like maggots on a gangrenous wound aka talk hearts.

They are that ducking daft that they forget that anyone can view their poisonous posts over there.

They stick out on here like a sore thumb ignorantly forgetting they stick out like a sore thumb.

Absolute bellends!!

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Refreshing to be on the side of the majority for a brief moment... At least one of you chaps might have changed your username to try and be wide though. I’m insulted that you aren’t amongst the jealous hordes. Maybe a wee sly comment about my wife or kids? My job? A thinly veiled reference to knowing who I am and what I look like because a mate pointed me out in the pub, or because a certain poster has sent you links to my social media? :lol:

Its some place on here these days. I doff my hat for conversing with me and not being total weirdos in the process. 👍

You can buy plots if you have lost yours.  

jack D and coke
36 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wasn't even in their top 10 jkb wankers :(

I haven’t looked on there for a while. 
Who took the coveted title of number one jkb w*#ker? :lol: 

( keeps disappearing?!) 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Refreshing to be on the side of the majority for a brief moment... At least one of you chaps might have changed your username to try and be wide though. I’m insulted that you aren’t amongst the jealous hordes. Maybe a wee sly comment about my wife or kids? My job? A thinly veiled reference to knowing who I am and what I look like because a mate pointed me out in the pub, or because a certain poster has sent you links to my social media? :lol:

Its some place on here these days. I doff my hat for conversing with me and not being total weirdos in the process. 👍

I speak, or rather post, as I find, Mothy. You engaged with me, and were pleasant, in my early days of posting back in 2014. "Charlie" rings a bell? You get back what you put in, bud and that means I respect your pov even if I don't always agree. Although I often do. 

Sorry to read you've had issues with some. Don't LTBGY Down. 

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Those responsible are scum.

Tracksuit wearing, flag waving, spray painting, knees in blood singing scumbags.

Not welcome at our wonderful club, not welcome on here so therefore gather like maggots on a gangrenous wound aka talk hearts.

They are that ducking daft that they forget that anyone can view their poisonous posts over there.

They stick out on here like a sore thumb ignorantly forgetting they stick out like a sore thumb.

Absolute bellends!!

I think you might have the wrong place mate?

I’m not on there very often but I haven’t seen the stuff you’re talking about. 

38 minutes ago, martoon said:

I speak, or rather post, as I find, Mothy. You engaged with me, and were pleasant, in my early days of posting back in 2014. "Charlie" rings a bell? You get back what you put in, bud and that means I respect your pov even if I don't always agree. Although I often do. 

Sorry to read you've had issues with some. Don't LTBGY Down. 

Yeah, Charlie was an old username of mine. 👍

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I haven’t looked on there for a while. 
Who took the coveted title of number one jkb w*#ker? :lol: 

( keeps disappearing?!) 

I can't remember, I took the huff, kicked the cat and went about my day, and I dont want to go through quarantine all over again.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:cornette:

Hands up!  I didn't read the whole thing and thought it was just him rambling because I replied to clerry jambos post.  My post went under the radar but glad im getting what I deserve.  An apology due to icon. Fair cop Morgan.   

7 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Only thing I'd say to that is when robbie left we just beaten rangers and were 3rd in the league 

2nd actually, although Aberdeen had a game in hand which they went on to win, so effectively 3rd.  The main thing is we were in a genuine 3 way battle with Aberdeen and Rangers to fill the places behind Celtic.  I'm certain if Robbie had stayed we'd have finished no worse than a close 4th, which is where our budget would place us, and may well have finished higher.

Before Robbie left we had been talking of bringing in 1 or 2 players in the Jan window to strengthen the team, we ended up signing 9 players to fit in with Cathro's ideas, most of them on short term deals, alas apart from Martin.  The Cathro appointment was what started us on a downward trajectory.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

2nd actually, although Aberdeen had a game in hand which they went on to win, so effectively 3rd.  The main thing is we were in a genuine 3 way battle with Aberdeen and Rangers to fill the places behind Celtic.  I'm certain if Robbie had stayed we'd have finished no worse than a close 4th, which is where our budget would place us, and may well have finished higher.

Before Robbie left we had been talking of bringing in 1 or 2 players in the Jan window to strengthen the team, we ended up signing 9 players to fit in with Cathro's ideas, most of them on short term deals, alas apart from Martin.  The Cathro appointment was what started us on a downward trajectory.

Totally agree buddy 

9 hours ago, RobNox said:

There have certainly been 3 or 4 key moments over the past few years where we have made very bad decisions. 

Which makes the next one even more important. 

Bazzas right boot
On 06/11/2019 at 03:43, Kiwidoug said:

Wish some of our current players could be equally honest.😂

Or posters. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Mrs Budge deserves more respect.

She saved Hearts when she really didn't need the stress.

She is the mystery benefactor that has piled in large donations seeking nothing in return.

Levein is a good guy and had done a cracking behind the scenes job for the first couple of years at DOF.  It must have been hard for her to sack him - I think we all agree it was a bit late in the day but she has made that decision.

I have a feeling the next manager and coaching team will be impressive and we can all start being positive, confident and enjoy life as Hearts fans again.

23 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

She is the mystery benefactor that has piled in large donations seeking nothing in return.

Levein is a good guy and had done a cracking behind the scenes job for the first couple of years at DOF.  It must have been hard for her to sack him - I think we all agree it was a bit late in the day but she has made that decision.

I have a feeling the next manager and coaching team will be impressive and we can all start being positive, confident and enjoy life as Hearts fans again.

Thanks for getting an utterly weird thread to read back on track. 

She does deserve more respect but shouldn’t be immune from criticism. Let’s wait and see what a great job he’s done with the youth. 

Like you though I’m excited to see who we will appoint. 

2 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

Not disagreeing with your post as such, but I am not sure this is the case.

And yes, good to have this thread back on track.

We've been through tough times before.  The big difference is that this one was so unexpected.  The injuries over the past 12 months have bern chronic and have contributed but that's far from the full story.

Players like Tziolis and Kitchen came in and contributed nothing.  Promising young players flattered to deceive.  So much more went horribly wrong.

In hindsight, Anne Budge backed the wrong horse with Levein.  I don't doubt his commitment, but in a 5 year reign, he failed miserably.

Onwards and upwards.  Let's hope the recruitment of these key roles is successful.  We are due a break.