Press conference 4/11 ( updated )

JamboSpur

Budge did say she may well ask Levein's opinion on managerial candidates.   

Others are free to fly into a panic but if she limits it to asking him his opinion and not effectively farming out the decision then there's no harm.

Would people rather it was all done on the quiet so that their wee imaginations could run riot?

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• RobNox

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adam_the_legend
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Others are free to fly into a panic but if she limits it to asking him his opinion and not effectively farming out the decision then there's no harm.

Would people rather it was all done on the quiet so that their wee imaginations could run riot?

It’s not panic, it’s disappointment. CL should be gone from the club. I don’t wish him harm, I don’t hate him but he has presided over a terrible time for Hearts on the pitch and like any football manager he must pay the price with his job. Or not, in the very unique way we are being run. 

Edited by Adam_the_legend

Just now, Boab said:

Because it wasn’t in it !

Apologies to the Adam felly !

Watched the press thingy and heard no mention of it. 
You were right going by online comments.

Adam_the_legend

Here’s what I’m referring to. Maybe I conflated the presser with another interview but she definitely said it. 

I’m not going to stop talking to Craig. If I get to a point where I’ve two or three candidates will I ask his opinion? Yes, probably.

“But what I don’t want to do is let people think he’s going to be involved in the recruitment process.

“I might ask his opinion in the same way as I would ask someone else’s opinion if I thought they were suitably qualified.

But I’m going to be talking to Craig potentially even more than I did in the past because of the role we are shaping up.”

“Will I ask Craig for input? Well, I might well do, yes. He has seen a lot more than I have but I’m also talking to a lot of other clubs because they’ve gone through this.

rudi must stay

Even he can't ruin it 

"Michael Laudrup? No don't fancy him he was a rubbish player"

Not exactly going to say that is he.

52 minutes ago, Victorian said:

My thoughts exactly, he will not have the final say on the matter just offer up an opinion as will many others in footballing circles IMO.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Why did you think that was Mothy? 

They are pretty obsessed with me. I take it as a compliment... I doubt any man has occupied the thoughts of so many on a Hearts forum since Rudi Skael. :wub:

He might not have the final say but to go from him having no input in the process to having an opinion in the process is a contradiction and we should be used to that by now.

Selkirkhmfc1874
25 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Here’s what I’m referring to. Maybe I conflated the presser with another interview but she definitely said it. 

I’m not going to stop talking to Craig. If I get to a point where I’ve two or three candidates will I ask his opinion? Yes, probably.

“But what I don’t want to do is let people think he’s going to be involved in the recruitment process.

“I might ask his opinion in the same way as I would ask someone else’s opinion if I thought they were suitably qualified.

But I’m going to be talking to Craig potentially even more than I did in the past because of the role we are shaping up.”

“Will I ask Craig for input? Well, I might well do, yes. He has seen a lot more than I have but I’m also talking to a lot of other clubs because they’ve gone through this.

This is why he should be gone from the club completely 

16 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Someone's fishing for bites.

Not at all.  I would like Gazza to get the job as much as Larsson.  Both high profile both available but both I wouldn’t want anyway near our managers job. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Gazza isn’t in a fit enough condition to look after himself never mind manage a professional football club.

He’s also a wife beating *******. 

Hearts best XI 

Perreira 

Souttar, Berra, Halkett,

Smith, Whelan, Haring, Meshino, Hickey 

Naismith, Washington. 

Think about the players NOT in the XI as well. That's an XI that could compete well with top 2/3 teams no problem. A major issue with injuries in last 12 months - surely with sports science and physio's theres a way to correct this. Can't all be unlucky. 

What we do need is a new GK. 

18 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Gazza isn’t in a fit enough condition to look after himself never mind manage a professional football club.

He’s also a wife beating *******. 

And Larsson is a shite manager.  

50 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

That is really disheartening to read,

No, it's not happening, 

But it might,

More than likely,

Its happening. 

Hope that answers your question.  

54 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Concerning. That reads to me "I'm probably going to ask Craig about about it but what I don't want is to let people know that".

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Ann Budge clearly states that CL will have no say on the selection of our new manager. She says this at a press conference which is broadcast on several media platforms including Hearts TV (free to view if your interested) .

Instead you prefer to give credibility to a gossip sheet.

Looking for things to bitch about  ?

Put your knickers back on bitch.

Edited by FruitJuice

North Berwick Jambo
21 minutes ago, ColJT22 said:

Hearts best XI 

Perreira 

Souttar, Berra, Halkett,

Smith, Whelan, Haring, Meshino, Hickey 

Naismith, Washington. 

Think about the players NOT in the XI as well. That's an XI that could compete well with top 2/3 teams no problem. A major issue with injuries in last 12 months - surely with sports science and physio's theres a way to correct this. Can't all be unlucky. 

What we do need is a new GK. 

Take Berra out, change to 442 & put Walker in 😉

Just now, Taffin said:

Concerning. That reads to me "I'm probably going to ask Craig about about it but what I don't want is to let people know that".

And she will trust his judgment.  If it comes down to a couple of managers (probably more) his opinion will matter most as will his opinion on this “new role” they are working together on (Sporting Director) hardly just Levein only hanging about tying up loose ends at all. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

And she will trust his judgment.  If it comes down to a couple of managers (probably more) his opinion will matter most as will his opinion on this “new role” they are working together on (Sporting Director) hardly just Levein only hanging about tying up loose ends at all. 

We are stuck to being haunted by him until he goes completely.  Ah well, there's always next season to look forward too.

1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

In the press conference. She said if she had a choice between 2 or 3 people for the job she would likely ask CL his opinion. 

Naw she didn’t 

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

This is the key point. I actually said on here when it was first announced that I was paranoid it was all a bit of a smokescreen. She’s talking about the structure of his role and his remit, very odd.

billy Davies apparently said when he was interviewed the last time that he would need to make big changes and move CL on. It’s Billy Davies so was rightly told to bolt but what if all our potential candidates suggest CL should go, will she push him out properly or we will we end up with the best manager willing to work with the previous failed manager rather than the best manager full stop. 

Just now, jumpship said:

That is really disheartening to read,

No, it's not happening, 

But it might,

More than likely,

Its happening. 

Hope that answers your question.  

Worrying more than disheartening. Talk of bringing in a consultant etc !

I really don’t have much confidence that the bad days are behind us. 

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Worrying more than disheartening. Talk of bringing in a consultant etc !

I really don’t have much confidence that the bad days are behind us. 

Hopefully not. What would people moan about if that was the case?

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ann seems to be far too indebted to him. It’s really quite weird and unnatural.

It really is strange. She never struck me as the type who would so readily accept mediocrity, as someone who would let a personal relationship get in the way of business but the evidence points to this. 

33 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

This is the key point. I actually said on here when it was first announced that I was paranoid it was all a bit of a smokescreen. She’s talking about the structure of his role and his remit, very odd.

billy Davies apparently said when he was interviewed the last time that he would need to make big changes and move CL on. It’s Billy Davies so was rightly told to bolt but what if all our potential candidates suggest CL should go, will she push him out properly or we will we end up with the best manager willing to work with the previous failed manager rather than the best manager full stop. 

Yep.  Would Levein suggest a manager that wants no input from Levein himself for instance?  He should really be completely gone from the club, there’s no reason he should be there and it’s going to do more harm than good with the support. 

26 minutes ago, mre said:

Hopefully not. What would people moan about if that was the case?

Because people moan without any good reason right enough :lol: 

5 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

According to the daily star,  Ann says that levein will help pick his successor.  Is this true?   He wont go away and he's going to haunt us for years...

Absolute tosh.

5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Absolute tosh.

Thanks for letting me know.  I was only asking after seeing it on the BBC gossip page.  Also thanks for letting me know that he osnt going to haunt us forever...

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Not absolute tosh...unfortunately 

The Daily Star are making stuff up because I heard Ann say that Levein wouldn't be involved in the process at all. 

Source - Hearts TV

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The Daily Star are making stuff up because I heard Ann say that Levein wouldn't be involved in the process at all. 

Source - Hearts TV

But she also said she would consult him on the candidates and get his input advice. So he won’t be the one making the decision but be under no illusion, he has an input. 

5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Source - Hearts TV

Everything in the Daily Star is made up.

Listen to you all, frothing away, give it a rest and let the club get on with things.

Then you can get back to moaning when you are inevitably unhappy with the appointment. 

Disappointing quotes from Dr Budge there, but at least she's being honest. It would have been easy to say nothing and save herself the hassle.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This is why he should be gone from the club completely 

She could still ask him even if he was away from the club. 

30 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

It really is strange. She never struck me as the type who would so readily accept mediocrity, as someone who would let a personal relationship get in the way of business but the evidence points to this. 

Got to agree. 

She was a ruthless business woman who made millions by making the right decisions. 

Why the massive blindspot with Levein? 

Also quoted a couple of days saying CL would have no input into the managerial appointments. 

In today's press she said if it came down to 2 or 3 candidates for the job she would ask him for advice!!! 

If these quotes are correct that is a massive contradiction she has embarrassed herself with. 🤭🤭

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

She could still ask him even if he was away from the club. 

Fair point Dave ! Just my opinion he should be gone from the club completely because he's overseen the dross since robbie left 

1 hour ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

Take Berra out, change to 442 & put Walker in 😉

Berra I think still has something to give the team. Walker was a hard one to leave out, as was Mulraney - fast attacker but doesn't really produce end product. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Got to agree. 

She was a ruthless business woman who made millions by making the right decisions. 

Why the massive blindspot with Levein? 

Also quoted a couple of days saying CL would have no input into the managerial appointments. 

In today's press she said if it came down to 2 or 3 candidates for the job she would ask him for advice!!! 

If these quotes are correct that is a massive contradiction she has embarrassed herself with. 🤭🤭

Difference in her business was it was her money ! Here the fans are pumping millions into the club and vasts amount of money has been wasted 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Difference in her business was it was her money ! Here the fans are pumping millions into the club and vasts amount of money has been wasted 

How much has been wasted?

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

How much has been wasted?

How do I know how much has been wasted on duds but there's been loads that's for sure 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Dissapointing to hear Levein could potentially have a massive input in to who our new manager is. If he's the last port of call then hecould be the determining factor on who we actually take.

From Cathro to Daly and Fox he is not someone who should have any influence on who our new manager is.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No it's not. What fans money has she wasted? 

FOH Hearts money was/ is used for the stadium and for paying Budge back. 

Also, when you give the club money, it is no longer the fans, it's the clubs. 

She's not stealing money from the fans like a cartoon villain Ffs.