• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

Was just stating that I actually think TH is okay, few out there views but a good read. Had no idea there was a split or that, forum politics not my thing

14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Just passed Gorgie Fish Bar and Daniel is waiting on a currywurst supper

He’ll be waiting a while and end up with a large Donner... deal off Gorgie Fish Bar GTF!

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't think she has helped herself by extending the process. 

She should have been planning for this in August. 

It's a long time for the players to be in limbo 

I agree to some extent.

She said she wanted to give Craig a round of fixtures. She said she made a mistake and gave him too long. And in hindsight maybe should have started tentative enquiries re a replacement sooner.

She was clear and above board and gave her man time. She showed we stick by our managers and don't go behind their backs or make knee jerk reactions.

There are several ways to look at this. Could she/should she have acted sooner? Does in the longer term, a reputation for treating managers better make us a more attractive proposition?

Time will tell.

We absolutely are not in the situation we should be in. I'd hope lessons have been learned. And Ann has admitted mistakes have been made here.

I like how she conducts her business, and I like the fact we seem to be taking a little longer and getting the right man, even though it seems a tougher job.

Rightly or wrongly she has taken this route to get the man she thinks is right, rather than getting someone in quick.

Time will tell.

I just am not a fan of the outrage directed at her that gets personal and is painted on bridges. It's only a minority doing it. But it does paint the wider support. And our mysterious benefactor is an asset I'd rather we don't dissuade.

Haringshairband
3 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

I agree to some extent.

She said she wanted to give Craig a round of fixtures. She said she made a mistake and gave him too long. And in hindsight maybe should have started tentative enquiries re a replacement sooner.

She was clear and above board and gave her man time. She showed we stick by our managers and don't go behind their backs or make knee jerk reactions.

There are several ways to look at this. Could she/should she have acted sooner? Does in the longer term, a reputation for treating managers better make us a more attractive proposition?

Time will tell.

We absolutely are not in the situation we should be in. I'd hope lessons have been learned. And Ann has admitted mistakes have been made here.

I like how she conducts her business, and I like the fact we seem to be taking a little longer and getting the right man, even though it seems a tougher job.

Rightly or wrongly she has taken this route to get the man she thinks is right, rather than getting someone in quick.

Time will tell.

I just am not a fan of the outrage directed at her that gets personal and is painted on bridges. It's only a minority doing it. But it does paint the wider support. And our mysterious benefactor is an asset I'd rather we don't dissuade.

Good post. I agree with your final paragraph too. 

10 minutes ago, Target Man said:

Was just stating that I actually think TH is okay, few out there views but a good read. Had no idea there was a split or that, forum politics not my thing

:lol:

23 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Just passed Gorgie Fish Bar and Daniel is waiting on a currywurst supper

This is the sort of surveillance led intelligence that only the CIA is famous for. 

Watch closely for salt 'n' sauce, if he opts for vinegar then he's off to Glasgow. 

9 minutes ago, Target Man said:

I don’t mind it either. Sometimes quite funny but they’ll struggle to increase members (if that’s what they want) because there’s a lot of familiarity and in jokes. 

Dexter was a good poster on here as well.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Dexter...

I recall singing karaoke with him and his good lady at the JKB Christmas Night out. What a great night that was. Nae telly though :th_woot:

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

I recall singing karaoke with him and his good lady at the JKB Christmas Night out. What a great night that was. Nae telly though :th_woot:

Projector and cue cards?

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Projector and cue cards?

Think raffle prize rather than karaoke prop. Probably a thread in the classics somewhere that explains all :whistling:

Just now, Dunks said:

Think raffle prize rather than karaoke prop. Probably a thread in the classics somewhere that explains all :whistling:

I know, mate. Just joking.

Last threads that went on this long that I can remember were Oshaniwa and Vanacek ... Maybe coming round to the thought I don't want Stendel now :lol:

40 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I don't think Ann is under any obligation to let the bookies know a decision has been made. They know as much as the rest of us.

They would not lay bets of 2.5k without intelligence.

7 minutes ago, Simo said:

Last threads that went on this long that I can remember were Oshaniwa and Vanacek ... Maybe coming round to the thought I don't want Stendel now :lol:

🤣 true enough, our sagas never end well

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That’s an old story.

It was only last week and had big indication that maybe something could be going on.

Is he coming here, too? Who knows.

38 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

I agree to some extent.

Time will tell.

Time will tell.

I concur.  

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

As prev posted, does anyone know about his family life?  If he's considering our offer, that could be a factor.

I've looked but can't find anything..

taken in 2006 after the Hanover 96 v Bayer Leverkusen game. Don't know if he's still with her, kids will be teenagers now.

Hanover 96 v Bayer Leverkusen : News Photo

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

Maybe they are waiting to announce it so he doesn't have to suffer against Rangers on Sunday. 

Personally I think it’s the perfect game to start, he’ll see exactly who the shite bags are in the team and those who are prepared to stand up and be counted. They’re one of the best teams in the league so he can see what needs done to get anywhere near them and on a personal level he’s not expected to win so it’s a free(ish) hit for him.

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Not like him.......

He'll be on soon saying that he'll keep his info to himself next time and it's us with the issues, not him, and then go back to washing dishes or something

49 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

I agree to some extent.

Time will tell.

Time will tell.

absolutely agree...

StevenNaismith

There’s a tiny part of me that hopes he doesn’t decide to join us just so I can find out how he managed to sign but then get out of it.....the other 85% of me is hopeful. 

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Easy way out. 

I've already answered your first point, but great response from you there, well done!!

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If this comes off, I wonder what the revamp of the coaching staff will look like.  Does anyone know if Barnsley coaches left with him?  He may want to bring him or them in.

MacPhee staying would be a big negative imo.

Two. Chris Stern and another 

28 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Maybe they are waiting to announce it so he doesn't have to suffer against Rangers on Sunday. 

He can be appointed to take over on Monday and sit in the stand over the weekend. (If it’s happening) 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

No chance he has signed and it's being kept a secret 

Probably got two, three, four coaches to tell that they no longer have a job. She wouldn’t announce without telling them. She does things by the book. 

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If this comes off, I wonder what the revamp of the coaching staff will look like.  Does anyone know if Barnsley coaches left with him?  He may want to bring him or them in.

MacPhee staying would be a big negative imo.

His AM just left Barnsley the other day. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Probably got two, three, four coaches to tell that they no longer have a job. She wouldn’t announce without telling them. She does things by the book. 

Especially if we’ve agreed for his back room staff to come in too.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Lets really hope so! 

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

What section of the A9 are they proposing to upgrade next?

The bit that goes past Birnam and Dunkeld up to Grantully

31 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

taken in 2006 after the Hanover 96 v Bayer Leverkusen game. Don't know if he's still with her, kids will be teenagers now.

Hanover 96 v Bayer Leverkusen : News Photo

I reckon I might well have seen him

play as I have been to quite a few 96 matches over the last 20 odd years. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

They would not lay bets of 2.5k without intelligence.

They have no intelligence on him not getting the job. If they had intelligence that he was getting the job then clearly they would not lay such a bet. Or a bet of any amount.

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I reckon I might well have seen him

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

play as I have been to quite a few 96 matches over the last 20 odd years. 

First sentence: Exciting

After that, not so much 

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

They have no intelligence on him not getting the job. If they had intelligence that he was getting the job then clearly they would not lay such a bet. Or a bet of any amount.

Betting companies have no intelligence of small teams like us. Do people think one of the first things the club does is pick up the phone to Paddy Power or SkyBet to tell them to close their market 😂 

• davemclaren locked this topic