Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye cause he has been built up as something he hasn't really proved yet.

And that’s the big worry. If he does turn us around, he’ll be off at the first job offer down south. I don’t like his dilly dallying and I would prefer someone more to home. The biggest mistake I think the club has made was in giving all the footballing power and decisions to Levein, when we could have brought in the likes of JJ in advisory roles.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

i admire your determination in trying to change KBs mind about stendel 

Hes kinda right tho.

We all got excited when Cathro was appointed and look what happened.

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Perhaps, but without hope we are but nothing...or something like that.

There's deep...and then there's Dave deep...

11 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

I’ve read a few posts with people moaning about certain managers who after a successful period at hearts will leave us for one of the old firm. 
This of course has never happened in my lifetime but still, people assume it will. 
What is guaranteed however is if Stendel, if he gets the job, is successful at hearts, will be on the first train south as soon as a job becomes available. 

And yet so many of us are desperate for hearts to sign him. 

Surely that is the case for almost every player and coach. Proving themselves at one club and moving on when the time and offers are correct.

It happens to most clubs if a player or coach does well then a bigger club move in to lure them away.

That isbjust how it is in football.

Edited by wavydavy

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Stendel is a done deal.

And announced when  ?  

12 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If its anyone else other than Stendel it will go down like a lead baloon.

KB will be on meltdown

If not Stendal, then who????

God only knows.

But your right, Stendal is most Hearts fans first pick 🤞

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

We will be massacred playing high as we were on Saturday. 

Why he was sacked,  he was unable to adapt to the conditions of the Championship. 

He turned over players,  but decided to make a point by leaving out his most 2 experienced players then complained about lack of experience. 

I hope he turns out good but there's plenty of risk. 

I think I would have preferred someone who had proved he could hold a job for longer than a year 

Is this I told you post in case it goes tits up?

35 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Wednesday is the players' day off, so it would be unusual for them to be in Riccarton at all today. 

I'm sure they are off a Monday now

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Might be wrong here and I keep hearing the term gegenpress being used.

Obviously aware more so through Klopp but isn’t this system when you have 2/3 players harassing the player on the ball, therefore leaving gaps in other areas ?

reason I am asking is that Stendel seemingly prefers the counter press but I thought that was a similar thing but without putting 2/3 up against one player and rather each player pressing the opposition and the ball ? 

Not being obtuse just curious ? 

If I'm being honest I don't have nearly enough information. 

Alex Neil commented that Barnsley were very good in the first half hour of most of their matches , reading the match reports seems true,  but they then became a soft touch. 

The one year and out twice with a gap year is probably a bigger issue. 

10 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

It’s not a good reason to pick a manager though and let’s face it most fans are clueless.

our fans would’ve turned up their nose at alessio, Robinson, mciness, Ross. All doing well or likely to do well.

It seems we’re going all in on a relatively unknown quantity. It’s maybe a bit negative on my part, but I do worry about this

This is my concern also. I was hoping more applicants would have stood out. Seems to be flavour of the month but it comes over as a bit of a wing and a prayer 

I’m thinking maybe I should start a Stendel out thread?

That way in the future when he leaves I can pat myself on the back and bleat about how right I was about him from day one.

Only a complete ******* would do that right?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

i admire your determination in trying to change KBs mind about stendel 

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is this I told you post in case it goes tits up?

Trying to lower expectations. I'm just not certain it's the right fit.

But I will be absolutely 100% behind the guy

North Berwick Jambo
8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Stendel is a done deal.

Hope your right 😂

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

That way in the future when he leaves I can pat myself on the back and bleat about how right I was about him from day one.

The need to be seen to be right and never ever changing your mind is a repetitive theme for some on here. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I think we all worry in different ways.

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

😳

Italian Lambretta
11 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Stendel is a done deal.

He better turn up for the media photo shoot sporting a nice maroon cardigan

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I get where you’re coming from with it man, I’m more into this than Irvine/McCann/McCall etc though. 
Id be behind anyone that gets it but I’d be so uninspired, I believe the fans will almost be united on this one. That’s a huge boost on its own, the gloom needs lifted. 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Bold statement to make Daza

It's not really is it. It's looking pretty likely. 

Stendel with McCann and Park assisting perhaps? Says he does like to use 'locals' to a club to assist than bring in externals

Edited by kila

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's not really is it. It's looking pretty likely. 

""done deal" is different from "pretty likely"

Just now, Locky said:

This better be ****ing true. I'm sat on a bus to work, I will gladly take the day off and go to the pub if it's true.

Lazy b/std :wink:

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

""done deal" is different from "pretty likely"

Yeah but it makes him look total itk if he says done deal and it happens, even though Stendel is a massive favourite and has been for some time. 

Very positive about this if it turns out to be true. First team needs a total change in style and tactics.

As some have commented, it may not be a long term appointment but we desperately need fresh ideas and someone who can boot some arses. Hopefully he’s the guy.

34 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Hes kinda right tho.

We all got excited when Cathro was appointed and look what happened.

I am not saying he is wrong 

15 minutes ago, kila said:

Stendel with McCann and Park assisting perhaps? Says he does like to use 'locals' to a club to assist than bring in externals

That's a blow as the locals at our club are ****ing clueless 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Very positive about this if it turns out to be true. First team needs a total change in style and tactics.

As some have commented, it may not be a long term appointment but we desperately need fresh ideas and someone who can boot some arses. Hopefully he’s the guy.

I hope people are remembering the guy will be taking charge of a team that has won a handful of games since last October, who still have a bad injury list even with those returning maybe not fully up to speed yet. 

Praying we give this guy time. 

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Na fiar enough mate i am not saying you are wrong, any appointment it a risk really so we just need to rally round him if he comes in and give him some time. 

1 minute ago, Homme said:

I hope people are remembering the guy will be taking charge of a team that has won a handful of games since last October, who still have a bad injury list even with those returning maybe not fully up to speed yet. 

He will need to get off to a good start, there’s no doubt about it.  I’m not talking Ibrox Sunday but in general considering where we find ourselves in the table.  Bottom six, comfortably will be okay personally if we see there’s a structure change and something trying to be developed going into next season and not just diagonals to Uche and pretending we’ve changed the way we play.   We have a battle to stay off the bottom at the moment though so winning games of football to begin with is badly required. 

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

He will need time but you can be sure he won't be given the same amount of leeway as the clown that got us in this mess.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Speaking personally I want some pride and passion back in our play. I realise that’s a cliche but the Michael Smith interview after the cup semi could be copied and pasted and used to describe a number of games in the last few seasons. 

It’s a certainty some fans will right him off if we lose the next two games but most will settle for steady improvement.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Speaking personally I want some pride and passion back in our play. I realise that’s a cliche but the Michael Smith interview after the cup semi could be copied and pasted and used to describe a number of games in the last few seasons. 

It’s a certainty some fans will right him off if we lose the next two games but most will settle for steady improvement.

The good thing is it only takes a couple of wins on the bounce to move right up the league - look at Hibs. 

So long as we steer clear of relegation and hopefully get another wee cup run then most should be satisfied. Then he can have his pre season where he can really be judged from there on in. 

Just now, Homme said:

The good thing is it only takes a couple of wins on the bounce to move right up the league - look at Hibs. 

So long as we steer clear of relegation and hopefully get another wee cup run then most should be satisfied. Then he can have his pre season where he can really be judged from there on in. 

Totally agree.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

I'm not even thinking relegation. As you mentioned,  they have had 3 straight wins. We are more than capable. 

Hoping we can get momentum over an extended period with this appointment 

Got talking to some guys from the Bathgate bus before the semi final and we were talking over who we wanted.

At that stage I wanted Stendel, he wants to play the game the way we like,high intensity,high pressing,inject some excitement into the fans. Playing this way will get Tynecastle rocking and,hopefully  a bear pit again.

I had kind of given up hope a week ago that we would get him but am getting really excited that the best candidate is getting the job.

Would be an excellent birthday present if its announced today 

• davemclaren locked this topic