• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Wife doesn't want him in the hoose.

The Bob Mortimer Beardsley stuff could easily be McCall.

Great shout from the late, great Caruso of rock! Anyone experiencing acute McCall anxiety or just feeling a wee bit down should have a look at the Bob Mortimer Beardsley stuff. Will cheer you right up! 

38 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Thought it the minute I heard his name mentioned.

Underrated manager, and England doesn't mean much. I believe our league is way behind League One and the Championship in terms of quality so he could end up doing very well like overrall McInnes has 

Tend to agree he did well at well !!

Hoping for the German dood but if not will back him 100% 

29 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Do you know what McCall would be at the reserve match @dazajmbo??

Because he wanted to see you? He isn't one for messages, emails, tweets, etc so he wanted to go see super agent questionnaire in person

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

£3750 now ...

Still £2.5k for me. Will be tailored to each account. You must be a worse gambler than me!

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Because he wanted to see you? He isn't one for messages, emails, tweets, etc so he wanted to go see super agent questionnaire in person

Here's me thinking it's you that's itk.🙏

Mate just texted me and said McCall isn't there. Someone is on the wind up! Also been told Stendel hasn't signed anything and is mulling it over.

18 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Strange how there is no mention of McCall turning up at the reserve game on the actual Hearts reserves vs Killie Reserves thread.

Or the McCall thread

Governor Tarkin
42 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It was the night when a whole load of JKB bigots were outed by a few other posters such as Acey. The outed posters such as Therapist, then went off and started their own forum: Gorgie Loyal, and Acey and co were punted from JKB. Since then, many of the posters involved in the bigot-outing have since been banned from JKB themselves, and have started their own Forum: Talk Hearts, in much the same way as the guys they outed did. 😄 

That Gorgie Loyal was some caper. 

I might still have a pin badge somewhere in my bigot box up in the loft.

I don't know how relevant this is but the betting on the next Hearts Manager has vanished on Paddy Power, Coral and Ladbrokes,

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That Gorgie Loyal was some caper. 

I might still have a pin badge somewhere in my bigot box up in the loft.

I remember standing in the Haymarket bar before a game a few years ago. Some sad weird looking old loner had a white tee shirt with that printed on it stretched over his beer gut. Made me chuckle. He was an angry looking chap and he entered on his own and left in his own. :lol: 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

I don't know how relevant this is but the betting on the next Hearts Manager has vanished on Paddy Power, Coral and Ladbrokes,

I hope it's relevant and have this saga finished. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I remember standing in the Haymarket bar before a game a few years ago. Some sad weird looking old loner had a white tee shirt with that printed on it stretched over his beer gut. Made me chuckle. He was an angry looking chap and he entered on his own and left in his own. :lol: 

Sounds like Geoff the Mince. 

Sure you weren't in CC's?

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sounds like Geoff the Mince. 

Sure you weren't in CC's?

Maybe he’s like a collective consciousness in many different bodies at once like the Borg? That way it could be him, and not be him at the same time. 😏

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

On 21/11/2019 at 18:17, Cruyff Turn said:

Is Daniel Stendel any good? Barnsley fanzine reveals all about Sunderland managerial candidate

Daniel Stendel - is he any good? We’re not entirely sure, so as such we called in an expert - Barnsley Fanzine ‘Ey Up & Down’ - to go in depth and tell us all we need to know about the Sunderland managerial candidate.

• By Gav1879 
  • on October 11, 2019 10:00 am

RR: First off – can you just give us some insight into what has gone on at Barnsley, and what led to Stendel leaving the club earlier this week?

EU&D: We have a board of Chinese and American owners who’s strategy is to buy younger players, develop them and ultimately sell them for a profit. It worked perfectly in League One and we played some amazing football, but in the Championship Stendel begged for some experience. 

The experienced players he wanted didn’t fit the model, and it looks like suggesting we played like a “youth team” against Preston was the final straw for the board.

RR: Sunderland are believed to be interested in potentially appointing Daniel Stendel as their manager. Do you think he has what it takes to manage Sunderland? As we’ve seen with Jack Ross, success depends upon a manager having the right type of character to adapt quickly and thrive in such a high pressure environment.

EU&D: Stendel would work wonders for Sunderland we reckon. The fans will absolutely love him! Last season our football was a joy to watch. He really got the players working together and they seemed to really enjoy their football.

RR: Should Stendel come to Sunderland, how do you think that news would go down with the people, fans and players of Barnsley? 

EU&D: If he does come to Sunderland I think most Barnsley fans will be glad for the lad, as we genuinely feel he was harshly treated. Strange as it sounds, we just want the bloke to do well for himself, no matter where he ends up.

RR: What kind of manager is Daniel?

EU&D: Daniel is a real character - he kicks every ball from the touchline and speaks his mind. He looks after his players and in return just wants 100% effort. Anyone who slacks will find themselves on the bench. He’s not afraid to celebrate victories either, so your landlords will love him (all responsibly of course).

RR: Would you say that Stendel has a discernible style of football? If so, what is it?

EU&D: His style of football is the high press and counter attack that works wonders in League One. If the players are good enough - and I’m sure yours are, you’ll find you dominate games and score plenty of goals. Don’t worry if you concede because you’ll score more than the opposition generally.

RR: What did Daniel do last season that made his Barnsley side so successful?

EU&D: Last season Daniel brought the whole football club together after a terrible relegation season under Jose Morais. We all loved going to games and you could see the players enjoyed it too. He was active in the community and installed a belief and an identity that was based on graft. We’re going to miss the bloke.

RR: What would you say to any Sunderland fan who isn’t sure that Daniel Stendel would make a good manager for our team?

EU&D: I would say watch a few Barnsley games from last season and you’ll soon be converted. We didn’t draw many games unlike Sunderland and that was the difference between us going up and not you.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/rokerreport.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2019/10/11/20908148/is-daniel-stendel-any-good-barnsley-fanzine-reveals-all-about-sunderland-managerial-candidate

:jjyay:

Promising

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Battle Royal at Tynie.  10 men over the top rope, last man standing gets the job.

woohoo job is mine if thats the roolz

who wants to be my assistant and who wants to replace Daly and Fox. 

On 21/11/2019 at 12:13, Alex Kintner said:

He’s not interested in becoming our manager.

Maybe why Barry Anderson still has it at 50 / 50 

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Where are all these personal insults you claim of? 

Ann being clueless. Not fit to run the club etc... Going through the multiple threads on recruitment. Also some of the stuff aimed at Craig and Austin has gotten pretty personal as well

In fact, there is a while thread asking people to be a bit more respectful.

Edited by JamboAndrew

36 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Strange how there is no mention of McCall turning up at the reserve game on the actual Hearts reserves vs Killie Reserves thread.

1431347751_ImagefromiOS(4)copy.thumb.jpg.47c5cd07aa216d18402cfbb5688d0913.jpg

Stuart McCall

After Saturday's horrendous showing, I reckoned McCall would get the call, Stendel didn't seem to be happening (although thanks to @StevenNaismith for keeping my hopes up).

Speaking to hun workmate, he was very complimentary about him. McCoist had started the rot.

Earlier Yorkshire poster posted similar towards his Bradford experience (he is a highly thought of ex-player/coach)

I actually would not be averse to him. 

Footnote:

Stendel is unknown in the sense he could end up a spectacular flop. (I'm getting nervous)

A lot of embarrassed fa theces (probably not, when Cathro got installed, the praise for the appointment was pretty big)

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

:yas: better be right son ! 

Hopefully anyway, no reason to doubt who told me. Fingers crossed.

41 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Wife doesn't want him in the hoose.

The Bob Mortimer Beardsley stuff could easily be McCall.

Ah, a fellow Mincer. For wont of a better phrase.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Ann being clueless. Not fit to run the club etc... Going through the multiple threads on recruitment. Also some of the stuff aimed at Craig and Austin has gotten pretty personal as well

In fact, there is a while thread asking people to be a bit more respectful.

I don't think she has helped herself by extending the process. 

She should have been planning for this in August. 

It's a long time for the players to be in limbo 

58 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Made a conscious decision to try and avoid the thread. I know I’ll get pelters for this but here we go.

What I was told last week I put on here, As of Thursday evening, DS wasn’t interested in talking to us. Something the Sun went to print with. We had spoken to his agent but not him directly and his agent had told us his wish was to remain in England. I’ve since asked a couple of questions and heard nothing back. I’d guess people have been warned to keep their lips sealed as there has been little information forthcoming. 

It appears the club have managed to get DS talking over the weekend however and I’m delighted if that’s the case. I think we’ll be a big draw when managers see what we’re all about. 

@StevenNaismith posted on here yesterday (I think) DS had been up for talks on Wednesday/Thursday and hadn’t been seen since. As I say I’m as certain as I can be that’s wrong. In fact, all media reports stated it was the weekend before we were talking to him.

I’ve heard nothing since I posted last week and I’ve no interest in making anything up. What I posted was in good faith despite what many believe.

@dazajmbo appears confident a deal is done and I genuinely hope it is. If that’s true it’s been a remarkable turnaround from DS in a short period of time. Mrs Budge and the board will deserve enormous credit.

No idea why folk are getting all arsey with you about what you posted. You're clearly just passing on what you were told.

27 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Still £2.5k for me. Will be tailored to each account. You must be a worse gambler than me!

My SkyBet account is cursed. Could put on anything and it wouldn’t come in.

Real Madrid v Brora Rangers 

End up 1-1 if I get Madrid!

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Maybe he’s like a collective consciousness in many different bodies at once like the Borg? That way it could be him, and not be him at the same time. 😏

I think I made a similar ill judged insinuation after a few shandies the other night and our malignant cyborg tennis coach was promptly launched.

:lol:

We are being watched, Mothy.

They have eyes everywhere.

I don't understand the negativity towards McCall.  Not my choice but I have no reason to dislike him.  He comes across as very likeable to me.

Stendel it is though.  Let's hope he does well and gives us back the dream.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Stuart McCall

After Saturday's horrendous showing, I reckoned McCall would get the call, Stendel didn't seem to be happening (although thanks to @StevenNaismith for keeping my hopes up).

Speaking to hun workmate, he was very complimentary about him. McCoist had started the rot.

Earlier Yorkshire poster posted similar towards his Bradford experience (he is a highly thought of ex-player/coach)

I actually would not be averse to him. 

Footnote:

Stendel is unknown in the sense he could end up a spectacular flop. (I'm getting nervous)

A lot of embarrassed fa theces (probably not, when Cathro got installed, the praise for the appointment was pretty big)

He and Steve Clarke are the only 2 non old firm managers to have finished a season ahead of Mcinnes. 

Can't say I love his chat but he would probably be ok. Think we would find it hard to get behind him all the same 

Would definitely be happy with Stendel if true. Type of football and passion we’ve been crying out for. Will likely take a while for him to get the players in to suit his style though

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I think I made a similar ill judged insinuation after a few shandies the other night and our malignant cyborg tennis coach was promptly launched.

:lol:

We are being watched, Mothy.

They have eyes everywhere.

Genuinely thought that was him. Didn’t report him. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Locky said:

Ah, a fellow Mincer. For wont of a better phrase.

Love it.  Only podcast I listen to.

Cheers

Barry Homeowner

4 minutes ago, Target Man said:

Would definitely be happy with Stendel if true. Type of football and passion we’ve been crying out for. Will likely take a while for him to get the players in to suit his style though

Hi Target Man. Did you just reply to on of my posts? I got a notification but now it’s disappeared. 

Just now, TheBigO said:

Love it.  Only podcast I listen to.

Cheers

Barry Homeowner

There is no better podcast.  

Cheers

Neil Hunt - Nonsense Potter

13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

No idea why folk are getting all arsey with you about what you posted. You're clearly just passing on what you were told.

I probably didn’t react as I should have at times. Got caught up in it all. That and my low post count maybe made others suspicious that I was at the wind up.

As said the other day, lesson learned. Perhaps better to pick and choose my moments to get involved with sharing anything I hear.

👍🏻

Just now, Davie Deans said:

I probably didn’t react as I should have at times. Got caught up in it all. That and my low post count maybe made others suspicious that I was at the wind up.

As said the other day, lesson learned. Perhaps better to pick and choose my moments to get involved with sharing anything I hear.

👍🏻

I'm sure it was you who was posting line ups in the past so if I'm correct, you obviously do have someone at the club. From what I've been told, your story checked out but it does look like a U-turn has been negotiated. And as you say, if it pans out, massive credit must go to Ann for this one.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Talk Hearts is a complete car crash of a place.

Had a quick look earlier, all the banned nuggets from here just went there and continued repeating themselves, except they can swear and be openly abusive on TH. Really is an eye-opener and how some of them weren't launched from here quicker is baffling.

Had a look as well and it’s horrendous.

• davemclaren locked this topic