Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

McCall - A guy who couldn’t get Rangers out the Championship with the 2nd largest budget in Scotland.  

I can barely hold my excitement.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It was the night when a whole load of JKB bigots were outed by a few other posters such as Acey. The outed posters such as Therapist, then went off and started their own forum: Gorgie Loyal, and Acey and co were punted from JKB. Since then, many of the posters involved in the bigot-outing have since been banned from JKB themselves, and have started their own Forum: Talk Hearts, in much the same way as the guys they outed did. 😄 

Century'sUp was my favourite. He was the only one to send me a threatening email, the lovable scamp 

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

McCall - A guy who couldn’t get Rangers out the Championship with the 2nd largest budget in Scotland.  

That team McCoist built was horseshit though

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It was the night when a whole load of JKB bigots were outed by a few other posters such as Acey. The outed posters such as Therapist, then went off and started their own forum: Gorgie Loyal, and Acey and co were punted from JKB. Since then, many of the posters involved in the bigot-outing have since been banned from JKB themselves, and have started their own Forum: Talk Hearts, in much the same way as the guys they outed did. 😄 

Very interesting. I wonder which forum I'll join 

1 minute ago, londonjambo said:

Century'sUp was my favourite. He was the only one to send me a threatening email, the lovable scamp 

That was clever of him. Good job you aren’t very legal savvy, or you could have caused him a few problems.

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

@Davie Deans any further input here? 

Made a conscious decision to try and avoid the thread. I know I’ll get pelters for this but here we go.

What I was told last week I put on here, As of Thursday evening, DS wasn’t interested in talking to us. Something the Sun went to print with. We had spoken to his agent but not him directly and his agent had told us his wish was to remain in England. I’ve since asked a couple of questions and heard nothing back. I’d guess people have been warned to keep their lips sealed as there has been little information forthcoming. 

It appears the club have managed to get DS talking over the weekend however and I’m delighted if that’s the case. I think we’ll be a big draw when managers see what we’re all about. 

@StevenNaismith posted on here yesterday (I think) DS had been up for talks on Wednesday/Thursday and hadn’t been seen since. As I say I’m as certain as I can be that’s wrong. In fact, all media reports stated it was the weekend before we were talking to him.

I’ve heard nothing since I posted last week and I’ve no interest in making anything up. What I posted was in good faith despite what many believe.

@dazajmbo appears confident a deal is done and I genuinely hope it is. If that’s true it’s been a remarkable turnaround from DS in a short period of time. Mrs Budge and the board will deserve enormous credit.

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Very interesting. I wonder which forum I'll join 

I’m planning on starting one at some point. Just waiting until I get punted from here first. 👍

Send me your application.

53 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I've decided i'm going to get excited

Got to be out at an A9 road consultation meeting for the next 4 hours so I feel I  have a right to pre-excite

If the meeting is as dull as the A9 is to drive then you need some excitement 

51 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

@Deviskan won’t like this ...

Deviskan doesnt like anything I post so I'm not too worried 

2 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

Made a conscious decision to try and avoid the thread. I know I’ll get pelters for this but here we go.

What I was told last week I put on here, As of Thursday evening, DS wasn’t interested in talking to us. Something the Sun went to print with. We had spoken to his agent but not him directly and his agent had told us his wish was to remain in England. I’ve since asked a couple of questions and heard nothing back. I’d guess people have been warned to keep their lips sealed as there has been little information forthcoming. 

It appears the club have managed to get DS talking over the weekend however and I’m delighted if that’s the case. I think we’ll be a big draw when managers see what we’re all about. 

@StevenNaismith posted on here yesterday (I think) DS had been up for talks on Wednesday/Thursday and hadn’t been seen since. As I say I’m as certain as I can be that’s wrong. In fact, all media reports stated it was the weekend before we were talking to him.

I’ve heard nothing since I posted last week and I’ve no interest in making anything up. What I posted was in good faith despite what many believe.

@dazajmbo appears confident a deal is done and I genuinely hope it is. If that’s true it’s been a remarkable turnaround from DS in a short period of time. Mrs Budge and the board will deserve enormous credit.

As I said earlier in the thread mate, nothing to say what you posted wasn’t correct at the time or that it was Stendel/his agent trying to get a few extra quid by playing the ‘not interested’ card. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Thought it the minute I heard his name mentioned.

Underrated manager, and England doesn't mean much. I believe our league is way behind League One and the Championship in terms of quality so he could end up doing very well like overrall McInnes has 

Have to say I really disagree.  Not saying our league is great qual, but we've seen enough players and managers who've done oK at that level come up here and fail.  Also seen many from even lower levels come up and succeed.  Dont think looking at it in a "which league is better" kinda way is relevant here.

McCall is your typical Scottish type manager - McInnes is like this but better basically.  They're happy to play for third.  They don't think beyond being solid and "it's a tough league, you need to dig in", type mentality.

I want someone who wants to take the club somewhere.  Or, frankly, wants to use our club to take themselves somewhere (other than Glasgow).

McCall, even if he got us up in the top 6 and had us solid, blah blah blah, would be a hugely, hugely disappointing turn of events.

I'd rather we went with someone totally untried than someone like that.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Do you know what McCall would be at the reserve match @dazajmbo??

Sounding out players on loan when he gets a job with Albion Rovers hopefully. 

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Absolutely.  The thing about the high-press, high-tempo football is the players need confidence in themselves and more importantly each other.  The need to press knowing they have backup, the need to trust one another to give and take the ball in tight spaces.

Something I noticed in the St Mirren game was Irving often asked for the ball and didn't get it.  He often had somebody up his hole, but still wanted it - trusted himself - but his team mates didn't give him it (Smith was guilty of it a few times actually).  Then on the player ratings thread, Irving was being marked down by quite a lot of folk.  The kid had the right idea, basically, but the team only wants to play safe.

I'm not sure the team has always been sent out to be ponderous, clunky and cautious per se.  I think the management team totally failed to motivate and breed confidence in the lads to do what they should.  Look at the difference Naismith makes (minus Saturday!!), that;s nothing to do with tactics, it's motivation and belief.

That's what the new guy needs to instill, way way way over and above any tactics or styles imo.  Of course both are important, but he's got a job to get the squad to buy in to what he wants them to do.

They're a good bunch of players though, so I think the right guy (hopefully STendel) will be able to do it.

We played like this in the Rangers game at Tynecastle.  Our players can play like this and rattle opponents, they just have to execute on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

What I've heard backs you up mate.

My take was STendel is crazy if that's his stance.   I mean, it was Barnsley he was at - and sacked from.  What job down there is he getting considering the competition for jobs?

Coming up here and smashing it at a bigger club, let's be honest, would be much better for his career.  Maybe he's had a think over the weekend....

12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This. And always this.

6 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I have a pal who's a Bradford fan so I kind of follow them and McCall was a pretty decent manager for them. I'd prefer Stendel for sure, but I wouldn't have a huge problem with McCall at Hearts.

I suspect you're in a very tiny minority there. 

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

My take was STendel is crazy if that's his stance.   I mean, it was Barnsley he was at - and sacked from.  What job down there is he getting considering the competition for jobs?

Coming up here and smashing it at a bigger club, let's be honest, would be much better for his career.  Maybe he's had a think over the weekend....

He's probably done a bit of research. Spoken to folk in the British game, watched a few Skippy Doodle compilations, read this thread 👀...

Edited by Gershwin

johnnythejambo
50 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

£2.5k limit with Skybet.

Don't think limit applies to speciality bets like new manager though

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I suspect you're in a very tiny minority there. 

Oh I know that! :lol: 

If we’re announcing Stendel today, we better get a move on.  Tuesday night is tequila, tacos and tits night in Stratties.

14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I don’t want that, or any other, hun lickspittle at Tynecastle. No interest whatsoever in listening our manager rimming them before every game we play.

Just now, Gershwin said:

He's probably done a bit of research. Spoken to folk in the British game, watched a few Skippy Doodle compilations, ready this thread 👀...

Watched the cup parades!  Looked up pics of Edinburgh Castle, checked Castle Terrace menu and scoped some hooses in Spylaw.  Done deal!

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I may be being very naive here but all this stuff about not wanting to come here and wanting a job in England and changing his mind is all paper talk. 

We weren't offering him enough money. He told his agent he didn't want to talk to us. Then we upped the money. Now he's talking to us. 

Like they say in my profession, follow the money

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That had completely passed me by. Explains a lot. Just had a look at Talk Hearts for the first time, lots of posters on there I remember from here.

Basically just Gorgie Loyal Mk II. 👍

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If we’re announcing Stendel today, we better get a move on.  Tuesday night is tequila, tacos and tits night in Stratties.

Ticket only?

Just now, Pistol1874 said:

I don’t want that, or any other, hun lickspittle at Tynecastle. No interest whatsoever in listening our manager rimming them before every game we play.

There's a bit of that.  Hibs supporters I know hated Lennon's open love of Celtic.  I'd hate that.  Not sure McCall is like that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Under no illusions here, McCall only near the picture (if he is) cos Uncle Wattie touted him.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Absolute meltdown

Is there a Vacancy for guy that hands out bibs and puts cones out for the reserves?

That’s the only acceptable gig Stuart McCall should get at Hearts. 

1 minute ago, londonjambo said:

I may be being very naive here but all this stuff about not wanting to come here and wanting a job in England and changing his mind is all paper talk. 

We weren't offering him enough money. He told his agent he didn't want to talk to us. Then we upped the money. Now he's talking to us. 

Like they say in my profession, follow the money

This was his line.  Whether it was the god's honest, only he knows.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Is there a Vacancy for guy that hands out bibs and puts cones out for the reserves?

That’s the only acceptable gig Stuart McCall should get at Hearts. 

He did that very poorly for Scotland let's not forget.  Wonder if he makes a good cuppa?

If true then brilliant work by Ann and the board selling the club to him and making this happen 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

This was his line.  Whether it was the god's honest, only he knows.

Not doubting you or that those were the lines being spouted. 

But in football these days, there's really only one thing that matters. We seem to be offering enough of it now. I hope. 

6 minutes ago, johnnythejambo said:

It does. Limit is £3750 now for Stendel. £66 limit for McCall ...

Just now, TheBigO said:

He did that very poorly for Scotland let's not forget.  Wonder if he makes a good cuppa?

A nice Yorkshire brew. Must be Stendels tea boy 🙏

Just now, Irufushi said:

Why is McCall at the reserve game then? 

Wife doesn't want him in the hoose.

The Bob Mortimer Beardsley stuff could easily be McCall.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Strange how there is no mention of McCall turning up at the reserve game on the actual Hearts reserves vs Killie Reserves thread.

"The new managers arrived"

As if they say that. Maybe Is and ts to be dotted

1 minute ago, MacPhee said:

Strange how there is no mention of McCall turning up at the reserve game on the actual Hearts reserves vs Killie Reserves thread.

Just asked that question on the reserve thread and guy at game says he's not. 

10 minutes ago, johnnythejambo said:

Skybet will allow a £2.5k bet to be placed on Stendel to become the next Hearts manager. I went onto the site and checked.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Skybet will allow a £2.5k bet to be placed on Stendel to become the next Hearts manager. I went onto the site and checked.

£3750 now ...

• davemclaren locked this topic