Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Looking more & more unlikely

Yep, the longer we dither about getting a credible manger into place the more difficult it's going to achieve that.  It's all gone quiet on the Sporting Director role as well. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

12 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

His job this year is to keep us up, next year top 6 then after that I’d like to see challenge for Europe. He isn’t going to turn this around instantly. He need 2-3 years.

He won’t get 2-3 years to turn it round

Hearts fans won’t be that patient, he will get 6 weeks, after that he will need to have us winning football matches 

We have just had 2 years of Craig Leveins promise of jam tomorrow, fans will not except that situation, not even if we hired Mr Klopp himself, Hearts need to start winning football games, the style how we achieve that is irrelevant 

23 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

His job this year is to keep us up, next year top 6 then after that I’d like to see challenge for Europe. He isn’t going to turn this around instantly. He need 2-3 years.

:cornette:

2 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

Hearts fans won’t be that patient, he will get 6 weeks, after that he will need to have us winning football matches 

We have just had 2 years of Craig Leveins promise of jam tomorrow, fans will not except that situation, not even if we hired Mr Klopp himself, Hearts need to start winning football games, the style how we achieve that is irrelevant 

Don’t agree mate 

Hearts fans will be patient if they see progress especially with the type of football that the team plays on the park

results are important, absolutely, but giving yourself the best chance of winning means players drilled to go out, attack and play vibrant style of football 

not saying it will be like the burley years and will have these type of players but the players that we can afford to get can still be trained to play in different ways. That’s why it’s so important to get the right guy in with the right mentality 

24 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

He is going to need time to get the players that work it ain’t going to happen overnight imagine Clare pressing really can’t see him fitting in 

Ahh the “Sean Clare is lazy” myth 😳

2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Ahh the “Sean Clare is lazy” myth 😳

Exactly. Every time I see him play I’m astonished by his work rate and effort. 

:lol: 

14 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

Absolutely agree. We are an impatient bunch. If nothing has changed by the end of February the moaning will start. 

I want us to win games, I genuinely don't care what style of play we use; hoofball, kicking lumps out of the opposition or flying attacking football. A win is a win. 

I hope this guy is the real deal, a British guy with his record would be laughed out of here. 

18 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yep, the longer we dither about getting a credible manger into place the more difficult it's going to achieve that.  It's all gone quiet on the Sporting Director role as well. 

It's getting to that time of year, should be plenty about. 

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Absolutely agree. We are an impatient bunch. If nothing has changed by the end of February the moaning will start. 

I want us to win games, I genuinely don't care what style of play we use; hoofball, kicking lumps out of the opposition or flying attacking football. A win is a win. 

I hope this guy is the real deal, a British guy with his record would be laughed out of here. 

The British version was laughed out of Easter Road his name was Paul Heckingbottom 

If what we continually keep seeing in the media that Stendel wants to stay in England is true is it not time to move on and look for someone else??the longer this all drags on the worse our position in the league is bound to get 🙄

40 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

He is going to need time to get the players that work it ain’t going to happen overnight imagine Clare pressing really can’t see him fitting in 

Funny you should say that chief, as Clare is one of very few players in this squad who I think would relish this style.  

Just now, rory78 said:

If what we continually keep seeing in the media that Stendel wants to stay in England is true is it not time to move on and look for someone else??the longer this all drags on the worse our position in the league is bound to get 🙄

I still think it’ll be Alan Irvine if Stendal doesn’t commit today. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

For me the attraction with Stendel is the unknown,we could have gone down the safe route like Jack Ross or Stephen Robinson but that's not going to get people interested,we might finish 4 th- 5th with them but Hearts fans want an adventure now.Sick of years and years of mind numbingly boring football ,I get Ann and the board want this also.

If and it's a big if Stendel does come in and works in a new structure then everybody at the club deserves credit for being bold and they will fully get my support 🇱🇻

I kind of agree that we need some sort of psychological lift but an ‘exciting’ manager carries  risks as well as benefits compared to a tried and trusted ‘safe pair of hands’.

Somewhere in between would suit my low risk view and Stendel I suppose may fit the bill - less risk than Cathro as he has some previous management experience but higher risk than others with more experience but who seem duller. 

A hard choice for the club. 

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Funny you should say that chief, as Clare is one of very few players in this squad who I think would relish this style.  

I tend to agree but also suit Naismith, Irving and Washington. Halkett and Souttar would have to be the CH pairing. Mulraney could possibly fit in.

one thing for sure is they’d all have got up their work rate about 50%!

Surely if this is happening it will do so today. I really hope we have put a deadline on this as we need to get on and bring some stability as soon as. 

VagabondJambo
4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

You beat me to it . . . I agree with you.

18 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Put in more effort in 30 mins on Saturday than some who were on the park for 90. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Thing is mate, we are who we are and won't attract the perfect man. Same with player recruitment. We're in a market of calculated risks and longshots sprinkled with solid but uninspiring .

Now which of those is Stendel? Probably calculated risk.  When the solid pros mooted are McCall and even Robinson, I'll take that.

While it may seem rational to think we need someone to steady the ship, i think we need someone to excite us. Stendel looks like he does that at the very least.

I agree with you.

"steadying the ship" was what was needed done OFF the pitch and Ann has done a great job on that.

What we need now is something (someone) to generate excitement ON the pitch.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I kind of agree that we need some sort of psychological lift but an ‘exciting’ manager carries  risks as well as benefits compared to a tried and trusted ‘safe pair of hands’.

Somewhere in between would suit my low risk view and Stendel I suppose may fit the bill - less risk than Cathro as he has some previous management experience but higher risk than others with more experience but who seem duller. 

A hard choice for the club. 

It is a hard choice for the club but the new guy will be starting when we are at such a low he would struggle to do any worse.

All we need is a man motivator who can lift the players short term until (hopefully) he can get some dead wood out and new faces in during the window. 

I don’t think the high press will particularly suit the current group of players but at least we’d stick to one system (more or less) and not be changing things up so much that the players don’t seem to know what they’re meant to be doing half the time.

25 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Scared of a 50/50? Definitely. Thats understandable from a young player who’s had a bad injury. Lazy? The complete opposite. Just the go to insult for players people don’t like. It’s the exact same with wighton.  

10 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Agree on winning. New manager needs to lift the place quickly. Wins do that. Don't get me wrong, barnstorming 3-3s can do so too, but wins and up into top 6 by end Dec will get us all back on the bus.

I like a 3 year plan more than most, but the squad is in a position now that the starting point of that plan should be from about 4th place.

Those plans should be squad building, youth progression and commercial. Just bloody win games while they develop please!!

That said, i stand by what i said above, i want a manager who lifts the place and has us chanting his name. Can accept but don't want your typical spl solid type. We deserve some fun!!!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's not impossible that Stendel will get the team playing better and that will improve some individual performances.  The strongest first team is very good by the standards of our league but there is also plenty of deadwood imo.

Won't take him long to work all that out for himself if he comes in.

I totally agree with this - but I think the players will get an instant boost from him. Barnsley players loved him.

1 hour ago, Maroonblood22 said:

I think it's fairly obvious that the excitement over Stendel is partly down to the calibre of the other candidates mentioned... McCall, McCann etc. He is still my first choice, but if it were a two horse race between him and a Warnock type manager then it might make the scenario different.

Fingers crossed this gets over the line this week, we could be doing with something to get excited about!

Kind of agree but equally Sunderland fans were and are still gagging for him so we are not backing some sort of left field donkey

48 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He had a pretty immediate impact at Barnsley - and Hannover also if I remember correctly what I have read on that. So, whilst rightly cautious, I think that is pessimistic 

It seems to me we have the kind of mix of player that he was gagging for at Barnsley - some youth mixed with experience.

International experience, some good solid pros between 25-30 and a lot of young talent coming through.

I think this team has proven it can play the high press (when we clearly haven’t trained for it day in day out) so I think we have the players. Do they need an extra fee training sessions a week? Probably but so what - Robbie has doubles going on and it worked brilliantly.

As an add on - I’d love to see the presentation we give managers that might not know much about us - a bit of history, a bit of crowd scenes after cups, a few quotes from our greats. It could be quite a mini-movie. Should release for Xmas!

Not sure if means anything or not but one of the lads who is out on loan (my sons pal) has been told to report to riccarton today and not his loan club. Could be something or nothing. 

*** don’t shoot messenger***

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Not sure if means anything or not but one of the lads who is out on loan (my sons pal) has been told to report to riccarton today and not his loan club. Could be something or nothing. 

Something IMO.

JamboCampbell
8 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Happening!

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I totally agree with this - but I think the players will get an instant boost from him. Barnsley players loved him.

Kind of agree but equally Sunderland fans were and are still gagging for him so we are not backing some sort of left field donkey

He had a pretty immediate impact at Barnsley - and Hannover also if I remember correctly what I have read on that. So, whilst rightly cautious, I think that is pessimistic 

It seems to me we have the kind of mix of player that he was gagging for at Barnsley - some youth mixed with experience.

International experience, some good solid pros between 25-30 and a lot of young talent coming through.

I think this team has proven it can play the high press (when we clearly haven’t trained for it day in day out) so I think we have the players. Do they need an extra fee training sessions a week? Probably but so what - Robbie has doubles going on and it worked brilliantly.

As an add on - I’d love to see the presentation we give managers that might not know much about us - a bit of history, a bit of crowd scenes after cups, a few quotes from our greats. It could be quite a mini-movie. Should release for Xmas!

He had  a full  pre season with Barnsley. 

Hopefully we get an instant up turn in results and then we get a break in January for him to work on implementing his own ideas 

Totally agree with you on the double sessions when needed 

Edited by jambocub
Missed words

I think he is getting brownie points for having a drink with the lads after getting the boot. In the same way some still thing Gary Locke should still be manager. 

That said looking forward to seeing what he brings 

As BigO says, we are who we are, we are never going to be able to appoint the "perfect" candidate and anyone we do appoint comes with risk. Most managers have failure in their career, and that's especially true at the market we operate in.

Is Stendel perfect? Nope. But he is about the only candidate named that would get the majority onside. The only other name would be Warnock but how much appetite does he have?

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Are we clear which ITK guy I’m supposed to be believing? 

Come on you surely know it's a different guy each day or sometimes it feels each hour 🤣

Gene Parmesan
28 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Wednesday is the players' day off, so it would be unusual for them to be in Riccarton at all today. 

7 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Wednesday is the players' day off, so it would be unusual for them to be in Riccarton at all today. 

I work up at Oriam every Wednesday, players are there pretty much everytime I'm there!

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Neil mccann name still doing the rounds with some 

Can just see it now " it was obvious that Neil was the outstanding candidate " 😒

The clamour for Stendel almost feels like blind hope rather than the fans facing up to the fact that the other candidates who applied are our level. 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Can just see it now " it was obvious that Neil was the outstanding candidate " 😒

Whoever it is they’re not going to say ‘xxxxxx was our fourth choice but he was the best we could get’. 😄

17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Are we clear which ITK guy I’m supposed to be believing? 

It's like asking which god you're supposed to believe in. None of them exist so I wouldn't bother. 

1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

The clamour for Stendel almost feels like blind hope rather than the fans facing up to the fact that the other candidates who applied are our level. 

Perhaps, but without hope we are but nothing...or something like that. He certainly seems to be the fans pick at the moment. 

Italian Lambretta
On 25/11/2019 at 15:16, sadj said:

you are taking the piss surely?

If its anyone else other than Stendel it will go down like a lead baloon.

KB will be on meltdown

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Whoever it is they’re not going to say ‘xxxxxx was our fourth choice but he was the best we could get’. 😄

I know but it will take some spin if it's McCann that gets it.

In AB we trust, she is obviously going through a very water tight interview process to ensure we get the right man in the hot seat or Craig just cant make his mind up ..... (I’m in the 2nd option camp )

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Come on you surely know it's a different guy each day or sometimes it feels each hour 🤣

6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's like asking which god you're supposed to believe in. None of them exist so I wouldn't bother. 

I like a good ITK post as much as anyone but this thread has been ridiculous :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If its anyone else other than Stendel it will go down like a lead baloon.

KB will be on meltdown

Aye cause he has been built up as something he hasn't really proved yet.

11 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

I’ve read a few posts with people moaning about certain managers who after a successful period at hearts will leave us for one of the old firm. 
This of course has never happened in my lifetime but still, people assume it will. 
What is guaranteed however is if Stendel, if he gets the job, is successful at hearts, will be on the first train south as soon as a job becomes available. 

And yet so many of us are desperate for hearts to sign him. 

If he gets headhunted it'll be because he's done a stellar job.  I'll take that ahead of a mediocre 'known' candidate...

George Burley only lasted 12 games (I appreciate his departure was VR related) but it was one hell of a sugar rush!!

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Perhaps, but without hope we are but nothing...or something like that. He certainly seems to be the fans pick at the moment. 

It’s not a good reason to pick a manager though and let’s face it most fans are clueless.

our fans would’ve turned up their nose at alessio, Robinson, mciness, Ross. All doing well or likely to do well.

It seems we’re going all in on a relatively unknown quantity. It’s maybe a bit negative on my part, but I do worry about this

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

We will be massacred playing high as we were on Saturday. 

Why he was sacked,  he was unable to adapt to the conditions of the Championship. 

He turned over players,  but decided to make a point by leaving out his most 2 experienced players then complained about lack of experience. 

I hope he turns out good but there's plenty of risk. 

I think I would have preferred someone who had proved he could hold a job for longer than a year 

i admire your determination in trying to change KBs mind about stendel 

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

It’s not a good reason to pick a manager though and let’s face it most fans are clueless.

our fans would’ve turned up their nose at alessio, Robinson, mciness, Ross. All doing well or likely to do well.

It seems we’re going all in on a relatively unknown quantity. It’s maybe a bit negative on my part, but I do worry about this

I don’t actually think that the club would appoint a manager just because he’s a fans favourite - I hope. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• davemclaren locked this topic