Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Skybet will let you put £2.5k on online. I'll stick with my tenner invested a couple of weeks ago.

Do it!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s what I’ve been told too. She wants to wait until there’s a poll on the rest of the coaches before letting Stendel know what he’s getting.

He'll be shite anyway. She'd be better to stay ahead of the curve and sack him this afternoon and stop all the allegations  of indecisiveness !!

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So, if you are Budge, who would you have hired? 

Craig Levein.

8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

You didnt answer. There are no guarantees he'll be good but it was a fair question. If not him then who?

I'm actually in favour of appointing Stendel, I didn't say I wasn't did I? Can you show me where i said i wasn't in favour of him being our manager?

12 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Ok, if you were picking our next manager who would you have went with?

I'd have went for Stendel. Maybe you should read posts before you jump in with 2 left feet.

The Future's Maroon
Just now, Crete said:

Elvis is in the building

What the feck is he doing there?!😳

The Future's Maroon
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Very interesting 

Never thought about him as SD though to be fair?!

1 minute ago, Ruud Krol said:

Stendel wants McCall and Pressley as part of his back up team 😊

Battle Royal at Tynie.  10 men over the top rope, last man standing gets the job.

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Stuart McCall  just arrived at reserve game

If this true and it’s McCall and not Stendel who is announced then this will make the JKB night of the long knives look like a picnic 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

"dream team"

Stendel & McCall :24_shocked:

DS McCalls  they can sell papers and sweets if the Hearts career doesn't go well.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

If this true and it’s McCall and not Stendel who is announced then this will make the JKB night of the long knives look like a picnic 

Spot on. This place will go crazy 

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Why not put it in the McCall thread though.

More dramatic effect here ?

...a bit disco
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Daza is 85% sure. I’m not so sure.

Now you've done it!

18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Been burned too many times thinking something would happen and doesn't after being said it's been signed on here. So will wait for the official confirmation before getting excited.

The sensible approach. 

StevenNaismith
Just now, vegas-voss said:

You are not so sure that Daza is 85% sure

Now that you’ve asked, I’m not sure. I’m away for a lie down lol

StevenNaismith

Anyway, before folk start reporting me again. Last I heard at lunch time was that we had made our offer and were waiting on his decision. 

6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Stendel hast bin stollen!!  🤔

7 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

What night was that?

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Stuart McCall  just arrived at reserve game

Good for him.

After the game he can gtf.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Anyone who doesn’t think a high press game suits the players we have hasn’t been watching Hearts. It’s the containing try not get beat approach that kills us. Players spending too long on the ball, no movement at all, no tempo to the match, inviting pressure into us etc, that’s the problem. Pressing, chasing in packs, moving the ball at pace and using the players in their correct positions etc is exactly what we need. A simple approach with simple instructions. Am buzzing about this potentially happening. 

Absolutely.  The thing about the high-press, high-tempo football is the players need confidence in themselves and more importantly each other.  The need to press knowing they have backup, the need to trust one another to give and take the ball in tight spaces.

Something I noticed in the St Mirren game was Irving often asked for the ball and didn't get it.  He often had somebody up his hole, but still wanted it - trusted himself - but his team mates didn't give him it (Smith was guilty of it a few times actually).  Then on the player ratings thread, Irving was being marked down by quite a lot of folk.  The kid had the right idea, basically, but the team only wants to play safe.

I'm not sure the team has always been sent out to be ponderous, clunky and cautious per se.  I think the management team totally failed to motivate and breed confidence in the lads to do what they should.  Look at the difference Naismith makes (minus Saturday!!), that;s nothing to do with tactics, it's motivation and belief.

That's what the new guy needs to instill, way way way over and above any tactics or styles imo.  Of course both are important, but he's got a job to get the squad to buy in to what he wants them to do.

They're a good bunch of players though, so I think the right guy (hopefully STendel) will be able to do it.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

If Stendel doesn't happen in the end, and shite hair McCall is appointed, I will snap my season ticket in 2.

That's the club's choice if so.

Have to back it. Looks at games as manager (Stendel what 50)

(McCall maybe 200 or 300)

Stendel obviously would be my choice but both are good candidates 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

You really think that rudi?  I'd be gutted if we brought in McCall.  Really gutted.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

If Stendel doesn't happen in the end, and shite hair McCall is appointed, I will snap my season ticket in 2.

What a thought of that big jobby at the club.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Stendel has 100 games between Barnsley and Hannover 96. 

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Anyway, before folk start reporting me again. Last I heard at lunch time was that we had made our offer and were waiting on his decision. 

chips or potatoes

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You really think that rudi?  I'd be gutted if we brought in McCall.  Really gutted.

Thought it the minute I heard his name mentioned.

Underrated manager, and England doesn't mean much. I believe our league is way behind League One and the Championship in terms of quality so he could end up doing very well like overrall McInnes has 

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a thought of that big jobby at the club.

I've already missed more home games this eason than the last two conbined. I can see it being as many as the past five seaosns following an appointment as clueless, unimaginative and unambitious as Stuart McCall (also applies to Neil McCann).

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Stendel has 100 games between Barnsley and Hannover 96. 

Still not very much compared to McCall 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Aye 50 last season 

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Doesn't help our league position though. 

Helps keep the season alive , which was what the original comment was about; 'It's not even December and the season is down the toilet' or words to that effect. 

Imagine the scenes if McCall gets appointed after this thread 😂

FWIW he wouldn’t be my first choice but I could think of far worse managers we could appoint. 

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Kind of have a morbid curiosity about seeing the reaction to appointing Stuart mccall. 

I have a pal who's a Bradford fan so I kind of follow them and McCall was a pretty decent manager for them. I'd prefer Stendel for sure, but I wouldn't have a huge problem with McCall at Hearts.

• davemclaren locked this topic