Daniel Stendel

Martin_T

10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

If it is true that the deal is effectively signed then you can expect a rush of bets and the bookies to close the market very soon.

Who is gonna rush to bet at 1/5?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• GinRummy

• Agentjambo

• davemclaren

1 hour ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Stendel won't be coming to us he's heard of the fantastic backing we give the team and managers, i really feel sorry for the poor sod who gets the job in their first game and straight after kick off the ball is passed backwards the boo boys, throbbers and arseholes will be out in force.

That's bollocks but do go on.

Anyone who doesn’t think a high press game suits the players we have hasn’t been watching Hearts. It’s the containing try not get beat approach that kills us. Players spending too long on the ball, no movement at all, no tempo to the match, inviting pressure into us etc, that’s the problem. Pressing, chasing in packs, moving the ball at pace and using the players in their correct positions etc is exactly what we need. A simple approach with simple instructions. Am buzzing about this potentially happening. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who is gonna rush to bet at 1/5?

If I KNEW it was agreed and would be announced soon then I would be quite happy to take the guaranteed win at those odds. Wouldn't you?

14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

If it is true that the deal is effectively signed then you can expect a rush of bets and the bookies to close the market very soon.

I got a tenner on him at 20/1

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Not really. How do you think board members get removed and replaced everywhere else?

True enough for board members, but I just mean that in other clubs a DoF can begin thinking about potential managerial replacements before the manager is actually sacked; whereas our unique setup made that much more difficult. 

38 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Barry Anderson Twitter 

reckon it's no more than 50/50 at the moment. The fact Stendel met with Hearts is a good sign for them but he has other options - plus time to wait for more if he doesn't like the existing ones. Hearts can't afford to wait too much longer.

He gets his info from here 🙄

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

I got a tenner on him at 20/1

To keep up with the nature of this thread.....

Picture of the bet slip please or away and slurp yer ain pish (am I doing this right?).

The Hogfather
22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Im sure it would have been announced if it was the case. 

I think it would be fair to say appointing a manager is top priority. Hearts may well be waiting to make the manager appointment before going public on a SD for the sake of keeping the fans onside. 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

If I KNEW it was agreed and would be announced soon then I would be quite happy to take the guaranteed win at those odds. Wouldn't you?

depends if I knew his start date or not. Even then, I'm not sure I'd bother for a fiver or so.

25 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Maybe, not sure we should be letting the manager of the first team dictate that kind of thing though. My thinking (and it's likely wrong) was that we were looking to appoint the SD first so that the Manager knew the set up and who they would be working with rather than the other way around.

She might have changed her mind on the SD. It wouldn’t be the first time. 

10 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

More chance of MacLean high pressing Berra/Smith than the opposition.

Very true 

1 hour ago, qferryjam said:

But when the person being replaced is also the person who’d normally do behind the scene negotiating and had designed the blueprint for your succession planning, basically you are starting your search and overhauling the recruitment the day levein was sacked 

Not really. There are others outside of the club who could and would do that for you. 

4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Picture of the bet slip please or away and slurp yer ain pish (am I doing this right?).

I stuck a tenner on him at 4's last Wednesday off the back of someone saying it was happening (on here). More fool me if it doesn't happen. 

5 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

True enough for board members, but I just mean that in other clubs a DoF can begin thinking about potential managerial replacements before the manager is actually sacked; whereas our unique setup made that much more difficult. 

I agree it made it harder. 

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Hahahaha you are as usual quite devoid of reason. I generally find an accuser of racism to be a racist deflecting their own mental weaknesses. Maybe you don't have the capacity to read a dictionary?

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

It would be hard for me to be racist with members of my immediate family being of mixed race. Swing and a miss. This has nothing to do with your ‘opinion’, more so that Hearts clearly bring you no joy and I’d feel bad for anyone stuck sitting near you, sucking their enjoyment of the game because some old geezer has an anger problem. 

I entirely stand by my remark that people who use the term “snowflake” are usually frightful bigots who think that “snowflakes” are the reason they’re vilified for their horrendous outlook on life, rather than their own awful views. 

20 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Not true. The club have enough bad flavour with the fans as it is and folk are already doing their nut because we’ve not appointed a manager yet. Imagine the club announced an SD first. They’re not stupid.

Trust me, MacPhee is the SD. 

They are already on record saying the SD will be appointed first?  For what it’s worth I do trust your info so we will just have to wait and see 👍

6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I think it would be fair to say appointing a manager is top priority. Hearts may well be waiting to make the manager appointment before going public on a SD for the sake of keeping the fans onside. 

The fans aren’t onside regardless.  

5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Over two £5 bets.

Screenshot_20191126-135045_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191126-135035_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

It would be hard for me to be racist with members of my immediate family being of mixed race. Swing and a miss. This has nothing to do with your ‘opinion’, more so that Hearts clearly bring you no joy and I’d feel bad for anyone stuck sitting near you, sucking their enjoyment of the game because some old geezer has an anger problem. 

I entirely stand by my remark that people who use the term “snowflake” are usually frightful bigots who think that “snowflakes” are the reason they’re vilified for their horrendous outlook on life, rather than their own awful views. 

The irony of that second paragraph...

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Over two £5 bets.

Good man.  Putting money where your mouth is.  Hopefully this is one bet that pays out.

The Hogfather
Just now, jambobob61 said:

Well done ......  a self proven idiot has the right to post on here, and you do!

At the risk of being labelled a grammar nazi from the Brain Trust here, I’d learn how ellipsis world before I started trying to question the intelligence of someone else. Just me of course. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

The fans aren’t onside regardless.  

No, the fans are clearly restless now. So surely it makes sense they wouldn’t announce a sporting director when people want to see a managerial appointment first. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Over two £5 bets.

Looking good for you.  Well done if it comes off.  The amount of people actually asking you to post evidence of this and that is outrageous. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Looking good for you.  Well done if it comes off.  The amount of people actually asking you to post evidence of this and that is outrageous. 

It's ok I've got broad shoulders mate.

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I wouldn’t be putting on £500 to win £100. You you? Unless I had seen the signed contract, which wouldn’t happen!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, chefjambo said:

Only cost £400 . Got it in the 15 plate year . Was in bed with flu thinking all sorts of hearts shit when the idea came to me . My nephew is in the car trade and he checked if it was available . I didn’t realise how good it was till my young daughter said it to me . They read numbers as words so it reads

WE ONE FIVE WON

Absolutely fantastic plate. Certainly the best I've ever seen/read. Imagine being a Hibby (tall ask, I know) stuck behind you in a traffic jam! Fed up being stuck, then he notices your licence plate...

50 minutes ago, Mort said:

Stendel favours a high pressing game. This is exactly what we need. 

The amount of games we have watched recently where we are sitting in our own half for long spells against poor sides has been awful.

:yas: 

52 minutes ago, Mort said:

Stendel favours a high pressing game. This is exactly what we need. 

The amount of games we have watched recently where we are sitting in our own half for long spells against poor sides has been awful.

21st century football coming to Tynecastle :av-1001:

Not going to get excited until more people itk confirm it might be happening. 

Edited by innerjambo

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Pleasing.

download.png

Il take this.     Exciting times ahead and best candidate out of all mentioned on here.    

Clearly Budge reads kickback

Just now, rudi must stay said:

I will await confirmation mate. When do you think that will arrive 

I believe will be this week, unlikely he will be in charge for Rangers game.

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Pleasing.

download.png

You’re usually on the ball with this stuff Daz, so this is good enough for me 👍

Just now, dazajmbo said:

I believe will be this week, unlikely he will be in charge for Rangers game.

I’d rather he wasn’t anyway 

27 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Boards remove chief execs regularly. Lots of chief execs still sit on Boards even though not seen as best practice. Shouldn’t have been an issue 

• davemclaren locked this topic