Jump to content

Daniel Stendel


Martin_T

Recommended Posts

 

I'm warming to the idea of him as the new manager.  No idea what his salary will have been at Barnsley, but hopefully not out of our league as they have one of the lowest budgets in the Championship.

 

Even if we have to push the boat out a bit to get him, I'd rather we spend a bit more on bringing in a decent manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • soonbe110

    271

  • GinRummy

    253

  • Agentjambo

    247

  • Barack

    221

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

 

I'm warming to the idea of him as the new manager.  No idea what his salary will have been at Barnsley, but hopefully not out of our league as they have one of the lowest budgets in the Championship.

 

Even if we have to push the boat out a bit to get him, I'd rather we spend a bit more on bringing in a decent manager.

This

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo in Yorkshire

You don’t know a lot about football, Barnsley got promoted without losing at home and losing 7 games out of 46.

 

See previous posts for the reason they are struggling this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like the looks of this fella. Will play young players. Will try to play the type of football we are crying out for and which we KNOW works against the old firm. Be delighted if we got a manager like this in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your right we need someone to come in with the attitude that the old firm are beatable. 

That recognizes that we are a club with massive potential. 

Not coming in and accepting 3rd or 4th every season .. Levein thought that was our nadir he said as much .

That's my worry in us employing another scottish manager  , 

I want us to be the best , Not going to Hampden or ayebrokes or parkhead and hoping to get something .. like we always have been in the past . 

But going with belief that we can stuff them , beat them and beating the rest of the league will take care of itself a tall order but one that a foreign coach might bring to the table . 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Malinga the Swinga

How any Hearts supporters have watched enough Barnsley games to pass judgement on this guy? He may apply, he may not but we certainly shouldn't rush any decision. Haven't seen anyone else rush to appoint him and loads of clubs in England / Europe must be aware of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be quite an exciting appointment attacking, pressing football after 3 years of walking , sideways passing depressing football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo in Yorkshire

I saw most of Barnsley’s home games last season, this guy is the real deal.

 

They created a lot of chances in every game and that’s something we haven’t seen for a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

He certainly talks well and, unlike our previous coach, seems to take training himself. 
Opinion of Barnsley fans looked optimistic. I believe they now reckon he was sold down the river by the owners, by selling his entire defence?

Doesn’t look the type who would have his team frightened about playing in Glasgow.

Your last 5 words really matter to me.  That's what I loved about Vlad's team.  They absolutely didn't give a toss about the Glasgow clubs.

 

I've gone for Keane reluctantly but if this guy gets the job based on what I've read on this thread, i won't be disappointed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

96 are my German team but they have been very much an up and, ultimately, down team over the last decade. They do have a nice maroon strip though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stendel would be the absolute dugs baws if we could get him. He could have us playing the way we all want and bring the passion back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Arthur Morgan

After watching that YouTube video I'm really warming to this guy! Sadly I don't think Budge will even be considering him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

I saw most of Barnsley’s home games last season, this guy is the real deal.

 

They created a lot of chances in every game and that’s something we haven’t seen for a long time.

 

Get on the blower to Mrs B and make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly the type of manager who would make the entire league and al the commentators sit up and take notice. Give this man a bumper deal and let’s start changing! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused. This is a guy with very limited experience. He was sacked by Hanover in the German second tier in his first job after less than a season, he was coaching a strong team who usually play in the Bundesliga but under achieved. Another coach came in and the same squad won 7 out of the last 11 games to gain promotion. His second job is taking a strong team in League One back up to the Championship (Barnsley's natural environment), one season of work. Having watched a bit of League 1 in England last season, the standard is absolutely pish. In essence he has less experience than the absolutely crucified by some posters Stephen Robinson. I think some posters are seeing German coach and jumping to some very exaggerated conclusions.

Edited by Jodami
Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
23 hours ago, RobNox said:

 

I'm warming to the idea of him as the new manager.  No idea what his salary will have been at Barnsley, but hopefully not out of our league as they have one of the lowest budgets in the Championship.

 

Even if we have to push the boat out a bit to get him, I'd rather we spend a bit more on bringing in a decent manager.

 

 

Me too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I'm confused. This is a guy with very limited experience. He was sacked by Hanover in the German second tier in his first job after less than a season, he was coaching a strong team who usually play in the Bundesliga but under achieved. Another coach came in and the same squad won 7 out of the last 11 games to gain promotion. His second job is taking a strong team in League One back up to the Championship (Barnsley's natural environment), one season of work. Having watched a bit of League 1 in England last season, the standard is absolutely pish. In essence he has less experience than the absolutely crucified by some posters Stephen Robinson. I think some posters are seeing German coach and jumping to some very exaggerated conclusions.

Did better than Jack Ross in England though I agree he doesn't have a lot of experience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I'm confused. This is a guy with very limited experience. He was sacked by Hanover in the German second tier in his first job after less than a season, he was coaching a strong team who usually play in the Bundesliga but under achieved. Another coach came in and the same squad won 7 out of the last 11 games to gain promotion. His second job is taking a strong team in League One back up to the Championship (Barnsley's natural environment), one season of work. Having watched a bit of League 1 in England last season, the standard is absolutely pish. In essence he has less experience than the absolutely crucified by some posters Stephen Robinson. I think some posters are seeing German coach and jumping to some very exaggerated conclusions.

His record looks decent to me. 

 

0A1C9940-C4E3-403B-B908-4819E42CA13B.thumb.jpeg.77069c3cafb122236b053db2710d1548.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Did better than Jack Ross in England though I agree he doesn't have a lot of experience. 

I work with a Sunderland season ticket holder and he has nothing but negative things to say about Ross's spell there. Didn't score enough goals despite spending £4m on Grigg in the January window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Did better than Jack Ross in England though I agree he doesn't have a lot of experience. 

 

Stendal as manager and ring in Klinsmannn as sporting director😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

This guy is a stand out candidates another matter all together as to whether we would go for him or whether he’d come..

 

id certainly be trying

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

His record looks decent to me. 

 

0A1C9940-C4E3-403B-B908-4819E42CA13B.thumb.jpeg.77069c3cafb122236b053db2710d1548.jpeg

He was sacked in the March by Hannover to save their season, that raises a question in itself. One season in a lower league in England is hardly compelling evidence to  be honest and 100 games as a manager is hardly an experienced candidate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Any foreign boss would need extensive time to settle int heir tactics and ideas. Something they are certain not to have at hearts and be booed for not scoring ten goals a game.

 

Mind how Sergio started out. Wheatfield screaming for the ball to be launched forward as we knocked possession about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I'm confused. This is a guy with very limited experience. He was sacked by Hanover in the German second tier in his first job after less than a season, he was coaching a strong team who usually play in the Bundesliga but under achieved. Another coach came in and the same squad won 7 out of the last 11 games to gain promotion. His second job is taking a strong team in League One back up to the Championship (Barnsley's natural environment), one season of work. Having watched a bit of League 1 in England last season, the standard is absolutely pish. In essence he has less experience than the absolutely crucified by some posters Stephen Robinson. I think some posters are seeing German coach and jumping to some very exaggerated conclusions.

A German heckingbottom?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Any foreign boss would need extensive time to settle int heir tactics and ideas. Something they are certain not to have at hearts and be booed for not scoring ten goals a game.

 

Mind how Sergio started out. Wheatfield screaming for the ball to be launched forward as we knocked possession about.

Even better

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

He was sacked in the March by Hannover to save their season, that raises a question in itself. One season in a lower league in England is hardly compelling evidence to  be honest and 100 games as a manager is hardly an experienced candidate.

Agree, he’s not hugely experienced as a manager and one good season in League 1 isn’t exactly concrete proof of him being a success elsewhere given he’s only had two jobs.

 

However, I’d look at the way they played as proof of his coaching. His style fits what I’d like to see personally. As does Robinson imo who some don’t like the idea of but he’s realistic. 

 

Most managers have been sacked or forced to resign though tbf. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

 Hechenarsen

I was thinking of a German pun but couldn't come up with one  I was going to post der heckingbottom but wasn't sure if you use der in that context.  Well done   Die Hobo reject? I'm struggling here...

Edited by FruitJuice
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agree, he’s not hugely experienced as a manager and one good season in League 1 isn’t exactly concrete proof of him being a success elsewhere given he’s only had two jobs.

 

However, I’d look at the way they played as proof of his coaching. His style fits what I’d like to see personally. As does Robinson imo who some don’t like the idea of but he’s realistic. 

 

Most managers have been sacked or forced to resign though tbf. 

I can see the positives in his time at Barnsley, particularly fans appreciation, but I do see real risk in his limited experience and it is really not a great standard. 

Watching a team play more positively would be great, our best teams have been pacy and aggressive and that's been missing for ages. I was quite keen on Robinson but I can see the risks there as well. It's bloody difficult and I understand why they are taking their time, there is no candidate ticking anywhere near all of the boxes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

This is our man. Budge make it happen.

And so.eone like Thomas flogel alongside him " be good ?🇱🇻🇱🇻👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, davemclaren said:

96 are my German team but they have been very much an up and, ultimately, down team over the last decade. They do have a nice maroon strip though. 

...and a stadium made completely out of rubble from WW2, inc the floodlights!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2019 at 11:05, OldGorgie said:

Sacked after ten games without a win - definitely not. As for Moyes- surely a windup.

Moyes 😂

 

He's finished 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Leveins Battalion

I'd be very happy with this,young,enthusiastic manager who plays the modern way,fast high press football.

 

I get the need for a SD too,but for me the most important review has to be the scouting department,the amount of players turned over on Leveins watch is criminal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'd be very happy with this,young,enthusiastic manager who plays the modern way,fast high press football.

 

I get the need for a SD too,but for me the most important review has to be the scouting department,the amount of players turned over on Leveins watch is criminal.

Tell me a German who has ever played for Hearts never mind managed them , not happening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wee man said:

Tell me a German who has ever played for Hearts never mind managed them , not happening. 

 

Lennard Sowah

Link to post
Share on other sites
Father Tiresias
16 minutes ago, Wee man said:

Tell me a German who has ever played for Hearts never mind managed them , not happening. 

 

Lennard Sowah 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • davemclaren locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...